View NDR messages

Hello:

Just thought someone else might be able to use this. I've been trying to
figure out how to view the actual messages that are attached to the NDRs
because Outlook doesn't show them as attachments. I have all the NDRs going
to the postmaster mailbox, so periodically I got through them to see if
there's anything important in there. One way that I am able to view the
actual messages that are attached to the NDRs is via OWA.

--
Sincerely,
Martin

0
MartinHTN

If you select "Send Again..." in the open message in Outlook, you
should be able to view the actual message unless you are stripping
attachments from NDRs via the reg hack.

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 17:20:25 -0400, "MartinHTN" <m@ht.n> wrote:

>Hello:
>
>Just thought someone else might be able to use this. I've been trying to
>figure out how to view the actual messages that are attached to the NDRs
>because Outlook doesn't show them as attachments. I have all the NDRs going
>to the postmaster mailbox, so periodically I got through them to see if
>there's anything important in there. One way that I am able to view the
>actual messages that are attached to the NDRs is via OWA.

0
adavid (8731)

Can't make Office outlook send messages...just receives.
Five messages have been in my outbox for a week. I've pushed every button I can find! Incoming arrives, outbox stays as is no matter how many times I hit "send". The green progress indicator gets to half way and stops. Been using Outlook Express for years on my desktop and loved it. My new Dell, with Office, is driving me up the wall. Have to retype in Verizon.net and send. Bob Do you get any errors? Send failures are usually the result of authentication problems- go to tools, accounts, select the account, click change then More settings, outgoing server tab. -...

Attempting to query CRM data from two views
Hello CRM and SQL experts. I'm attempting to create a query for a report (SSRS) that shows our customer's license information that we store. I was able to find the view "FilteredNew_LicenseNumber" which I'm able to query successfully, and retrieve the customer license data. However, in addition to the license information, I would like to join the associated primary contact information (street address info, email address, zip code, etc.) from that license - apparently stored in another view ("FilteredContact" I'm thinking, as it appears to have the ...

Leaving a copy of messages on server
Our company uses Outlook with Pop3 with a 3rd Party Server host. Could you tell me, in Outlook 97, under the E-mail properties, Advanced tab, under Delivery, if "Leave a copy opf message on server" is not selected, does that mean that once the mail is delivered to the user's ..pst file on their hard drive, a copy is not retained on the host server? Thank you, Sandy M Correct. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:5b6301c42d5f$02673dc0$...

Outlook REPLY-original messages partially lost
--------------A749812FB4537ED2588B62B2 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit When replying to an email, the sender's portion gets lost... Sequence of events: I send a msg to correspondant. Correspondant replies I get reply. It contains both her msg and my original message. I press reply. The msg displayed for me to reply contains my original message, but NOT Correspondant's reply. What is happenning and how can be fixed? Leo --------------A749812FB4537ED2588B62B2 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <!d...

Current View does not list views! (Outlook 2002)
After a recent upgrade to WIndows XP/OutlookXP, I customized my calendar toolbar to display the "Current View" selection. Unlike previous Outlook versions (and contrary to Help), the pulldown does not list any of my defined views, only "Customize Current View..." and "Define Views..." . Makes switching views very cumbersone. Anyone know fix for this? Does it work correctly if you make a new profile? If so, you will need to use the cleanviews switch - which wipes out all custom views. At the start menu, run command type outlook.exe /cleanviews -- Diane ...

imap viewing program
I have archived *.imap files that I need to sort and view from my local drive. Does any one know of a simple way to view them without going through notepad. I have tomany files to go thorugh and a simple viewing program would be best. If the messages are mime files (saved stream of arriving e-mails which having been processed), rename them to .eml then double click. Outlook express will open the files and display them correctly. Thomas Quester www.outlookfolders.de "Jon" <jem@ssihotspots.com> wrote in message news:#fg5FvXjEHA.3148@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have arch...

outlook error message #41
I have installed office 2003 and when I try to get to my address book I get the following message "can't contact LDAP directory server(81)". How do I repair this ...

Copying the "My XXXX" View
Does anyone know if it is possible to create a custom view using the same logic as the "My XXXX" Views (for example My Opportunities, My Accounts, etc...views). I basically want to create a custom view that simply says display only those records where ownerid = user logged in. Any ideas? Thanks for the help! Create your new View via the customisation menu in the normal way. Click on "Filter Criteria" - select in the first column 'OWNER' and then in the condition column change the defualt from 'equals' to "Equals Current User". Guy. "M...

active tasks view
For some reason Outlook has started showing all of my tasks, even completed ones, when I click the Active Tasks in current view. It didn't use to. Any ideas how I can get to work properly? Thanks. Check your filter. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, waukee asked: | For some reason Outlook has started showing all of my tasks, even | completed ones, when I click the Activ...

New messages not showing in Inbox
Hi, We use Outlook 2002 SP2. On a couple of desktops we do not see new messages showing up unless we open an existing message. Once we close the existing message, all new items are there. When we try to click the Send/Receive icon, it does not bring the new items. The Outlook client seem to contact the Exchange server only when we open an existing item. Any thoughts? Thank you. P. Could it be the 'views'? Did you change anything in the 'views'? Try searching for 'Views' in the help file... Good luck! "P" <plavallee@rcn.......com> wrote in messa...

exporting messages from Vista Windows Mail to Outlook 2003
I was able to export my contacts, but every time I try to export my messages, it tells me there was an error while trying to initialize MAPI. No explainations just that. I don't know what to do. I really need the messages in my Outlook. Does anyone have any suggestions??? ...

Want to Flag multiple messages
Is there any way to select several messages and Flag them all at once in Outlook 2002? Thanks! ...

begin a new message in a standalone .wab
On this page, http://www.insideoe.com/files/wab.htm elude to the fact that someone can "begin a new message in a standalone .wab" Not sure what that means or how to do that, but would like to know. I open the stand alone wab and and there is now link to start a new message, or create mail, etc. More than likely its something simple that I'm not picking up on, but alittle help would be appreciated. thanks, Mike If you right click on a name in the address book once you've opened it you are given the Action | Send Mail option. That is also available u...

Popup message upon transaction entry
I would like to know if there is a way to have a popup for a specific vendor when entering a transaction. For example, I want to notify anyone posting a payables transaction if they select a vendor that should be paid by credit card so that they don't cut a check for that vendor. Hello This can specified from the vendor's payment terms in which the user issuing the payment for the specified vendor can check the payment terms whether it should be done by cheque or cash or etc... -- Joseph Abou Nader You never know what power you have until you make choices in hard time &quo...

Windows Live Mail automatically deletes message right after receiv
I check my e-mail account - there are messages that do not contain viruses for sure. Sometimes it's just a 'test' text. Right after receiving them in Windows Live Mail, some such messages are automatically deleted without any traces! Nothing in Junk, nothing in Deleted!! WTF... :( Check the View setting for each folder. View - Show or hide - Show all messages -- Windows 7 Ultimate http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview http://download.live.com/wlmail "Alexander" <Alexander@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8502E5DB-4DF5-4E7...

Outlook XP / message body stripped when sending html format
Hi, Have a user with a wierd email problem in Outlook XP/2002 (exchange server). When sending an email, it seems that only the subject is sent, and the whole message body is blank. I've narrowed it down to sending email in HTML format. He can read any email in HTML format but when he replies or forwards, there is nothing in the message, just a subject. If I set to Rich-text or Plain text and send new message, it is fine. If I get an incoming HTML message, and forward as a Richtext ot plain text, it is fine. I've created another email profile, with no luck. I've re...

"Extra line breaks in this message were removed." in Outlook 2003.
Hello, How do I remove these extra line breaks from my sent plain text e-mails (don't like the formatting -- just like to be simple)? I assume Outlook 2003 is telling there are two carriage returns for each line in my signature. I do not want to have other Outlook users to click on "Restore line breaks" and/or do "Outlook's Tools menu -> Options... -> E-mail Options -> uncheck "Remove extra line breaks in plain text messages". The removed extra line breaks resulted (copied and pasted from an Outlook's sent e-mail): Phillip Pi Senior Softwa...

Unexpected NDR from Exchange 2003 Server
Hi, A user has sent a mail to gmail account and got a NDR from exchange server. But the mail is delivered to end user. The internal user was able to send mails to that gmail account earlier without any problems. Even there are no changes done on exchange server. The content of NDR is: The recipient has been deleted or has no e-mail address. Any ideas ? Regards, D Ramesh This is interesting, does this happen each time the user sends to this gmail account? The first thing I would do is review the SMTP logs and the headers of the email message. "Ramesh D" wrote: > Hi, &g...

Outlook Express- error message
Hi, Every time I start OE it brings up an error msg box saying. OE has encountered a problem and needs to close. There is no other information or error code. I can still use OE as per normal. The only thing I can think of that caused this is Quotetracker update which I did before this error msg. Also, as there is no OE in Vista and I'm using XP, if I want to upgrade how can I transfer my messages to Hotmail, or should I transfer to another email program. I thought I could just forward the 300 msgs but I can't mark them as read in hotmail, only as unread. I think thats the ...

Creating 'single-view' instance of all corporate meeting room calendars
Is there a way I can create a folder or view within Exchange's public folders, where I can show the status of all our corporate conference rooms (we only have six), from a single view? Basically, I'm trying to get the same view that you can have by viewing multiple people's calendar's within Outlook 2003, but doing this for our conference rooms and in a single location that everyone can reference instead of having each user manually open each calendar for viewing it's availability. ...

I receieve message but my name is not listed
Hi, I am currently receiving messages from a particular recipient (Exchange System). The message lists six users in the To and CC boxes, none of which is me. In addition, there is a Distribution List, but once expanded, none of the people listed is me either. I tried Reply All to see if my name was in the BCC list but it is not there as well. Any idea to see how I can tell how my email address is getting listed or how this is happening? Thanks. JR "UnknownJoe" <UnknownJoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADB04C8A-4118-4703-A026-E4D6B1...

Exchange Diagnostic Message (what does this mean?)
Someone on the outside, tried to send someone on the inside an email. That person on the outside got a reply from our mailserver, and this is what that person saw. I know of the message because they forwarded it to me, saying their mail couldnt get through to here: ---------------------------------- From: System Administrator Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 2:03pm To: internaluser@ourdomain.com Subject: Undeliverable: RE: "Red Friday's" [U] Your Message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: ...

OL2003 Message Repeats & Communication connection error
Hello: In OL 2003 I get the following anomolies: - The same messages that were read and deleted keep reappearing in my inbox. I have tens of the same message in the deleted folder. How do I resolve this issue? - Every once in a while I get an error message in which OL will not send a message due to a communication error because some other program is communicating. I must restart the computer to get it to resolve the problem. How do I find out which program is causing the conflict? Thank you. Hi, If u are keeping the messages for a while (2 days for example) after u receive the message...

Outlook 2003
I'm a new Office 2003 users. Often, when I send an email that has a file attachment (particularly large ones), the receipient receives multiple copies of it, even though I only send it once. The message stays in my outbox, even though it has been sent. The only resolution I've found is to manually delete it from my outbox after I think it's gone through one time, which is obviously not ideal. Anybody else experiencing this problem and/or know how to fix it? This is also happening to my two co-workers who recently upgraded. Sounds like the same problem discussed this morning o...

"Disk is full" message when sending files from Mac OE
One of the old Macintosh G3s in my office has a lot of trouble sending out emails with attachments from Outlook Express 5. If the attachment is larger than 1 MB, Outlook Express returns an error, "Disk is full." This has followed us from one Mac to another, and from one ISP to another. This happens ONLY with this one user's email account. The rest of the office has no trouble sending out messages up to 10 MB. She has plenty of room on her 35 GB hard drive, so what disk is full? Does anyone know what this error is referring to? Thanks, cprovancher cprovancher wrote: > One o...