View mailbox size script

Does anyone have a script to view the mailbox size for a single mailbox on
an Exchange 2003 server?  Is there a way for help desk personal to run this
script without using the exchange admin credentials?  I have seen the script
located at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320071
and it works great with admin rights, I am wondering if there is a way for
the help desk personnel to run this.

Thanks

0
drd (2)

New user mailbox creation doesn't happen
I have installed Exchange 2003 w/ SP1 on my win2k3 server with all of the latest OS updates as well, and when I create a new user I have to reboot the server before the new user is able to use thier new email box. One MS knowledgebase mentioned something about this happening on dual processor machines however this is only a single processor machine, it also stated that SP1 would fix this problem, however it appears that this problem still exists and is not related to dual processor machines. I have checked the event and error logs and come up with nothing fruitful there either. If an...

Orphaned Mailbox
One of our guys accidentally "removed exchange attributes" for a user. I was hoping that eventually the mailbox would respond as orphaned and I could then reconnect it, but it hasn't. I tried to Exmerge it into a .pst but it comes back with errors. I tried to create a new mailbox for the user and then use adsiedit.msc to then manually point him over to the information store with his old email mailbox. I simply can't get his mailbox to get connected to anything. Please help!!!!! 1. you might need to wait a little bit before AD replication finishes 2. no offence, bu...

Pivot Chart
I am studying for a test and created a pivot chart successfully. The instructions then say to select the chart and go to 3dView. My 3d View is greyed out. Where did I go wrong? Thank you. First, change the chart to a 3-D sub-type: Select the chart Choose Chart>Chart type From the sub-types, select a 3-D type Click OK Then, the 3-D View command will be available on the menu. ~D~ wrote: > I am studying for a test and created a pivot chart successfully. The > instructions then say to select the chart > and go to 3dView. My 3d View is greyed out. > > Where di...

AD authentication
Hello, I would like to ask you what is the minimum packet size for AD (ldap) authentication between WinXP Pro and Win2003 R2. I am working in the brancj office and we are connected with main company through VPN - here is located server farm with DC. Sometimes we have troubles with domain logons. I found that big packets (more than 1500) can not by delivered to the server. When I reset ISP router Cisco 1800, authentication is again ok. ISP gived me status, that his devices wokrs fine and problem is on the our side, because he tested ping after device restart :( Tommorow I hav...

how to view the mail on the exchange mail server
hi, i want to know one thing how to view the mails of one particular mailbox on the server,can i read that message pls give me suggestion,how i can do this thing.os is 2003 server and exchange 2003. if some one know this thing pls give immediate response. from jitender Hi I don’t really understood your question If you have the appropriate permission you can use Outlook or OWA Regards, Shai Netanel "jitender" wrote: > hi, > i want to know one thing how to view the mails of one particular > mailbox on the server,can i read that message pls give me > suggestion,how i ...

Copying charts
I'm using office 2000 SP3, win 2000. I routinely paste excel charts into word as enhanced metafiles and set the line thicknesses and font sizes in excel to produce similar looking charts. I have just installed SP3 and now I find that when the charts are pasted into word, the font and line thickness now appear much smaller than they did with SP2. Do you know why it has done this and is there a solution? Thanks Charles ...

GP 8.0 and SQL 2000 Optimal File Size
I have questions about SQL Server 2000 databases with Great Plains 8.0 and file size. After the upgrade to 8.0 our Company database has ballooned to a whopping 9 GB (including the transaction log). It was 7 GB before the upgrade. It seems really large to me and was wondering what the recommended settings were for the SQL databases with Great Plains. I have looked in the Knowledgebase and haven't found anything to give me good answers. Here are the specs on the Company database: Database Size = 7,184 MB, Space Used = 4,655 MB Log Size = 2,162 MB, Space Used = 76.99 MB Auto G...

Scripting mass folder creation within Exchange 5.5 mailbox
Hi all, I am wondering if anyone has heard of a way to script the creation of a folder within every user's mailbox on Exchange server 5.5? I am trying to put filtered SPAM into a "Junk" folder within a users mailbox and then set a rule to delete all content with 30 days if unread. Of course there can be no user interaction for the process, and I'd like to do it from the server side. All ideas are welcome, except calling MS, already did. Thanks in advance, John Just an FYI that if you "ever" go to Exchange 2003/Outlook 2003 a "Junk E-mail" folder is...

Image size in Publisher 2000
I recently upgraded from Publisher 98 to 2000. Newsletters with photos in are now a ridiculous size and become even bigger when converted to pdf. Too large to email. When the photos are deleted the file size reduces. Did not have this problem with Publisher 98 and am my wits end. Am running Windows 98SE. What have I done as I have never had this problem before? Ann G Hi Ann, Microsoft Publisher files are abnormally large: http://www.mvps.org/publisher/section_01.html This is quite normal, as Publisher converts all bitmapped image formats to uncompressed bitmaps when you insert...

Mailbox Full Reject when is not ...
Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise sp1 The server is rejecting messages arriving for a specific user saying that his Mailbox is Full. He was over 2gig's in his mailbox but we have not specified any limit to the storage size and we have other users with larger mailboxes with no problem. The user has the store limit set as "use store mailbox default" checked. In the Exchange System Manager we have a Single Policy which in the Storage Limits, we don't have checked both the send and send & received ... Any ideas? Have you tried unchecking, the use store defaults But...

How can I re-size the entire spreadsheet?
I have a client who created a speredsheet and it is so large! The view is set to 10% and takes up the page. I want to import it into Word, but it takes up several pages. How can I make it smaller? Brian, Thanks for the suggestion, but it did not work. The thing came in over 12 pages and I could not re-size it. Connie >-----Original Message----- >Copy the spreadsheet and do Edit/Paste special/Picture in Word. You can then resize. > > >Regards >BrianB >====================================================== > > >"Connie" <brodishc@bellsouth....

size of .pst file
My .pst file was very big (about 600 meg) so I deleted about half my emails from my inbox and then emptied the "Deleted Items" folder. However, when I check the size of the .pst file it remains the same. I'm using windows explorer to view the .pst fil Mike get in to the setting of the pst file and compact your pst file. pst file is like a database and when you move stuff in and out of the folder it creates space in the database, so it will remain the same size. "Mikeceee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3FD9777-A63E-4FA3-B3AB-FC864...

Is there a limit, how many simultaneous logons in one mailbox can
one 'common use' mailbox in exchange 2003 is used by 6 different people and they complain that they can't all be logged on at the same time. Is this caused by a limit that can not be overriden? On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 03:08:01 -0700, "tp" <tp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >one 'common use' mailbox in exchange 2003 is used by 6 different people and >they complain that they can't all be logged on at the same time. Is this >caused by a limit that can not be overriden? Have you verified they all cant logon at the same time to it? hi, yes acc...

BUG with RES/SCRIPT/XP-SP2
First off, I'm disappointed with MSDN support and Microsoft's XP/SP2. The issue is that XP/SP2 introduced a new security feature which breaks code. This security feature is called the "Local Machine Zone Lockdown". See this URL for more information: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2brows.mspx#EKQBG I'm disappointed that MSDN support, that I found this out painfully over the past week since I started posting problems with the RES Protocol, SCRIPT Tags, and the CDHtmlDialog class in this forum, and got no response. I also posted thi...

adjust maximised display size?
How do I adjust the maximised display size, like the icq when it is docked to one side of the screen? Thanks in advance, Lem "Lem" <hjlem@pacific.net.sg> wrote in message news:etKeyS9jDHA.3612@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > How do I adjust the maximised display size, like the icq when it is docked > to one side of the screen? I think you can handle the WM_GETMINMAXINFO message to do this. -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] "Lem" <hjlem@pacific.net.sg> wrote in message news:<etKeyS9jDHA.3612@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>... > How do I adjust the maximised displ...

viewing fund performance--someone probably has easy fix
How do I view the performance of my investments over time, i.e. 1 mo. 3 mo. and 6mo. I am using the free version of money, but there must be a way to customize my view of my investments in the quotewatchlist. I couldnt find it. In microsoft.public.money, Andrew wrote: >How do I view the performance of my investments over time, i.e. 1 mo. 3 mo. >and 6mo. I am using the free version of money, but there must be a way to >customize my view of my investments in the quotewatchlist. I couldnt find it. I think you are talking about either the Standard or Deluxe portfolio of MSN Mon...

Can not view system folders
We have an exchange 2003 server on win 2k box. When I go to system manager -- folders -- public folders and right click on the public folders, than click display system folders nothing happens. It does not display the system folders and there is no error message. Also when I create a new public folder nothing happens. I can however create folders inside the "Public folders" folder from within Outlook 2003. Help Thank you Right-click the Public Folders root and select to change the server your System Manager is talking to. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the ...

exchange shared calendar loses formatting of view
Hi, I have XP Pro SP2 with Outlook 2003 SP1 connected to an Exchange 2003 SP1 server. We have a shared calendar in the public folders. On every client (6) I have modified the default Day/Week/month view with automatic formatting. (different color shown according to the subject) On my pc, I constantly lose the colors. If I create the formatting colors again I am fine for an hour or so and it appears all white again. I've done this almost a dozen times. Looked on google and the kb but found nothing like this. I tried a repair of outlook using the button in the help menu but didn'...

How to reduce excel file size having pivot tables
Hi, I am developing a C# application to create Excel Pivot tables. I have developed the same by using methods in the Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel. But the size of the output excel files is too large. Is there any option to reduce the file size. Given below the code used to generate Excel File . private string CreateReport(Excel.Application xlApp, string queryReports, string reportPath) { try { bool IsErrorInWorkBook = false; string strGrandTotal = null; FileInfo fpPubReports = new FileInfo(...

Size limit to attachments
I understand that some ISP set a limit to the size of an attachment. does Outlook have a size limit. Not that I'm aware of. "Richard Mahan" <dmachen35@comcast.net> wrote in message news:UL-dndQik_Uew6jYnZ2dnUVZ_qydnZ2d@comcast.com... >I understand that some ISP set a limit to the size of an attachment. does >Outlook have a size limit. > "Richard Mahan" <dmachen35@comcast.net> wrote in news:UL- dndQik_Uew6jYnZ2dnUVZ_qydnZ2d@comcast.com: > I understand that some ISP set a limit to the size of an attachment. does > Outlook have a si...

Change view for viewing many calendars at once.
Has anyone found a way to change the view of viewing up to 25 calendars at once in outlook? Anytime I try to do this it crunches the calendars making it impossible to view appointments. I need to have a scroll bar going either accross if the names are on the top or down if the names could be switched to the side. If this can't be done I would like to hear if anyone has had success with an add on app for exchange or outlook that could do this. Thanks for any info. ...

mailbox name not allowed or chunk too large
Hello - I have a client who can't email us. Everytime he does, it bounces back to him and he gets this error message: <IHA4.IHA-CENTRAL.local #5.5.0 smtp;553 Requested action not >> taken: mailbox name not allowed or chunk too large - on relay of: MAIL >> FROM:<Mike_O'Donnell@theirdomain.com>> I found this link: http://www.faqs.org/qa/rfcc-193.html FW: DELIVERY FAILURE: 553 Requested action not taken: mailbox name not allowed or chunk too large. Apostrophies (') not supported in smtp address (reply to) by recepient server. So, looking at the erro...

Two mailbox stores on same Raid 5 set
I have a slight problem, I need to set email quotas on two different types of users. Is my best bet to create two mailbox stores, and if so will it be ok to use the same RAID 5 drive set for both? I don't have enough drives to be able to put them on seperate ones. I do have my transaction logs stored on a different set of disks however. I only have about 600 users. Also, if this isn't possible, is there a command line utility to change users' exchange properties in active directory? Thanks! Yes it is ok to have both MB stores on the same RAID 5 set, it is MOST import...

custom views-no available values in 'edit filter criteria'
hi there, i am trying to create a custom view that is based on one of the values in a picklist within a custom field. when i go into edit filter criteria, i select the field i want, choose equals and then when i get to 'enter value' i have no options in the 'available values' area. I gather i should have the picklist values as available values to choose from? I tested it using another standard field; marital status then i have options in the available values area. but i had added another 2 options to the standard picklist-de-facto and separated; which do not appear in va...

QueryStringValue returns ERROR_INVALID_DATA on zero size value
When calling CRegKey::QueryStringValue on a registry value of a zero size I get ERROR_INVALID_DATA. Is it supposed to be like this? My first guess was that zero size string is a valid string. The code in question is in atlbase.h(5037): if (pszValue != NULL && (nBytes % sizeof(TCHAR) != 0 || pszValue[nBytes / sizeof(TCHAR) -1] != 0)) return ERROR_INVALID_DATA; If nBytes == 0 then the code checks whether pszValue[-1] != 0. This doesn't seems very polite to me... And did you look at the key and see what its value is? Without knowing that, it is hard to guess what might be go...