uuencoded attachment from mailx is embedded instead of attached

Since I applied the August 2004 version of the post ex2000 sp3 roll-up and
the latest April Microsoft  secuirty patches, when our unix mailx app sends
mail  to our Exchange 2k server, the  uuencoded attachment is embedded in the
body of the message instead of being received as an attachment.
Being embedded in the message body turns it into unuseable garbage.  We have
not made any changes to the unix box, only the exchange box.
Has anyone else experienced this problem or anyone know what the solution
may be?
Thanks
0
ksb (25)

Attachments are named untitled.bin
Hi there All of a sudden email attachments are renamed "UNTITLED.BIN" on my workstation. If I forward the email to another workstation, the attachments e.g. "MICHAEL.XLS" appears normally. Can anyone help? Thanks Michael ...

Unable to open Attachments (Environment Wide)
Going to post this in the Exchange group, as I havent had any luck in the Outlook group. This may actually be a server security issue, but I am a bit lost on a solution. We recently migrated to Office XP at our corporate office. Since the upgrade, I am having several complaints of attachments not openning. After researching the issue, it appears be random and the current solution is to forward the message to the receiver, and then launch the attachment. The attachments are not blocked and are simple Word, Excel and PDF files. The user receives no error. Double clicking the attachmen...

Outlook Won't Send Attachments #2
I recently reformatted my HD and reinstalled all my programs. Everything seems to work just fine, except that attachments in Outlook messages do not seem to get sent. I'm running Symantec AV, but this happens even with the AV software turned off. I've downloaded all the MS updates, both for Office and the OS. I checked with my ISP and they see the messages come through without the attachments. Any ideas? Win XP Pro Office XP Symantec Internet Security / NAV 9.05.15 Thanks in advance for your help. Vic Napier I a, having the same problems. The only difference is that I am...

Table to feed form instead of lenghty code?
Hello, I a database that is kind of like an Auction type deal. If a user enters their user ID and click the button, it will automatically display their chosen private ID (or Auction ID). What I want to know is, I have 80 people in my department and the code (only way I know how to do it) will become very long. Can I set up a table with the User ID and Private ID and when the button is clicked, have it read from the table and display the Private ID that way? Below is how I am going to do it if no alternative. Private Sub cmdStatusUpdate_Click() Me.NewBid.Locked = False ...

attaching documents
what is the best way to attach letters to contacts or customers. The letters will be created in word using maail-merge, but there does not seem any easy way to attach the letter to the client. -- Ken Linton Hello Ken, a possible way is to use WordMailMerge Add-On which gives you the possibility to create with a button in MS Word a MS CRM letter activity and attaches the actual document as note to this activity. Additionally the WordMailMerge Add-ON gives you the ability to use custom fields and custom entitis for merging letters with MS CRM Data. If you are interested you could downlo...

Outlook attachments #39
Suddenly I cannot open some attachments in Outlook 2000. Specifically .jpg files. It says "C:\ Document & settings\..........\ Temp Internet files\OLKA9\ 008.jpg does not have a program associated with it for this action. Where on earth is the OLKA9 directory? A search does not show it at all, even allowing it to search Hidden files. I am running WinXP Pro. Any help much appreciated. Geoff It's a temporary folder. Try right clicking on the attachment and save to a real folder that you can find. Then open it. Is your picture editor working OK? Maybe your jpg have be...

Outlook hangs opening mail with Attachments
I have a client rinning Outlook 2003 & Exchange Server 2000. When she tries to open an email with an attachment it takes around 10 to 15 seconds to open. All other email opens just fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated! ...

Building an Embedded Device/System? Tell VDC about your experience for a chance to WIN!
VDC is conducting its annual survey of mobile and embedded engineers so if you are involved in the engineering of mobile or embedded systems/software, this is your chance to influence key solution suppliers. The research covers embedded software, hardware, tools, and development practices. Your thoughts will improve our insights into the engineering community and help to influence next generation solutions. In addition, VDC will provide all respondents who complete the survey: * Instant access to a summary of VDC's 2009 survey findings; * Entry into a prize drawing for one...

windows mail- vista, error with downloading attachments
When i click on the attachment it asks for my approval and then i click open. Then an error appears which at the frame of the window(above) says C:/Users...temporaryinternetfiles... ,and below an X with a message saying: This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the set associations control panel . What do i have to do? Regards, Antonis You have to, "Create an association in the set associations control panel." Go to Start - Default Programs - "Associate a File Type or Protocol with a Program&q...

Word as email editor and attachment problem
Using Outlook 2000 with Exchange Server 2000. I have a custom form published to a public folder and all is well, except for those users that have Outlook set to use Word as the e-mail editor.. They can see and use the form fine except for one thing...they can't open attachements. The attachment icon is there, but if they right-click on the icon, the only menu choice is copy. Double-click does nothing as well. If they switch the Outlook mail format to NOT use Word, attachments work fine again. Does anyone know the fix for this? Thanks in advance!!! Tyler ...

Can Not Send Large Attachment? Maybe? Maybe Not?
When sending large files to Yahoo or other external mailboxes I receive the following error message: #550 5.2.3 RESOLVER.RST.RecipSizeLimit; message too large for this recipient ## My understanding is that this message was rejected by the receiving mailbox - not kicked back from my exchange 2007 server. I'm being told by someone else that is getting kicked by my own exchange server? My understanding is that if it were getting kicked back by my own exchange server because the attachment was too large I would receive: 550 5.3.4 ROUTING.SizeLimit message size exceeds...

Public Calendar Attachments in OWA
In OWA my clients can add attachments to their personal calendar, but they cannot add attachments to the public calendar. This is only in OWA. Any suggestions on what I might need to change? ...

cannot attach files using OWA
Ever since we have upgraded to Exchange 2000 we cannot attach files larger than 6K from NT machines (with IE6) using Outlook Web Access. Try posting this to an Exchange group as Outlook Web Access is a function of Exchange, not Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, J Johnson asked: | Ever since we have upgraded to Exchange 2000 we cannot | attach...

Accessing Uploads via Cable modem instead of Telephone ISP
I recently changed ISP providers from AOL (telephone) to a broadband cable provider but can't seem to find the way to get money 2002 to recognize this change. Has anyone run into this before? Do you have any suggestions how to switch from AOl to cable modem ISP. MATT What uploads are you trying to access? Money should use any available internet connection unless your bank's online banking requires a dialup connection. You might also review your connection settings in Internet Explorer to confirm that you don't have "always dial my default connection" checked. --...

Attachments #82
My Outlook 2002 has decided to stop me from sending e mails with attachments of any sort. Any ideas? ...

message blocking attachments
I am receiving a message when I have attachments that OE has removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail. This is from a sender that I know and an attachment that I have requested be sent to me. How do I access these attachments. "LT" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93aa01c43393$591935d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am receiving a message when I have attachments that OE > has removed access to the following unsafe attachments in > your mail. This is from a sender that I know and an > attachment that I have requested...

Option to print attachment icon
I have a problem where some of our clients are able to print a mail that prints out the icon if the mail has a attachment. However some people have attachments, but when they print it does not show the attachment icon on the print out. Any ideas ...

howto only create a .lib file instead of creating/linking a complete dll
hi all, i have a librariy around here that gets compiled and linked to a dll. at the time of linking, visual studio 6 also creates a .lib file. how can i split that compiling/linking ? what i want to achieve is just only to generate this .lib file (because at that time i cant completly link my libs because of its dependencies) i already tried to export the dsp to a makefile and run: nmake -d mylib.dsp /MAKE "mylib - Win32 release but it seems that this also wants to create a .lib and a .dll file at the same time so i tried to run: nmake -d mylib.dsp /MAKE mylib.lib "mylib - Win3...

how do i send an e mail newsletter that is not an attachement?
People send these all the time but i don't know how to do it!!!You can view newsletters with logos etc in the e mail itself but they are not sent as an attachment. Obviously you have HTML email enabled to receive. Open Outlook, select HTML, compose your message in HTML and send. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Johnnyboy" <Johnnyboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FFE3598F-41BA-4DC0-BE52-DC63942DC58F@microsoft.com... > People send these all the time but i don't know how t...

Embedded Youtube not displayed in Internet Explorer 8.0
I have a website which has an embedded YouTube video, but when viewed with IE the place where the video should be displayed is simply white. The website is www dot burrenyoga dot com I can include the video embed html code if anyone needs it.... but this is the standard YouTube embed video code. The video is displayed fine using other browsers. Can anyone suggest what could be causing this? Thanks, Dave BurrenYoga <BurrenYoga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a website which has an embedded YouTube video, but when viewed with IE > the place whe...

How to remove a blocked attachment?
How to remove an attachment when Outlook blocked it (error message: "Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachment: XYZ.exe") Hundreds of such messages archived take up megabytes in my already large outlook.pst file. Pierre Savignac, PMP Subsidies for R&D and multimedia Emergex Consulting * http://www.emergex.com * 514-765-3333 Claim in subsidies 80% of your R&D salaries!! ...

Embedding Web Browser in GP forms
Hi, We need to include a Web Browser within Gp form. Is there a way to embed Activex Controls on GP forms? Thanks & Regards, Sup No, this is not possible to do with Dexterity. patrick mbs dev support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "sup" <sup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93440548-D88E-4820-A936-01B01D6F4F7D@microsoft.com... > Hi, > We need to include a Web Browser within Gp form. > Is there a way to embed Activex Controls on GP forms? > > Thanks & Regards, > Sup A we...

Attachments being removed by Outlook
Hi everyone, I'm curious if any of you are having problems with outlook removing your attachments from emails. I can still get pictures and such, but any txt document is removed without even asking me first. It says OE has removed access to the following attachments in your email: and then it lists the files. Does anyone know how I can turn this off or get rid of it, its really annoying. Any help would be appreciated thanks. In article <00c201c3455f$ef836040$a101280a@phx.gbl>, averylange8 @mchsi.com says... > Hi everyone, I'm curious if any of you are having problems ...

Can I attach my monthly Calendar to an email in Outlook 2002
Can anyone help with this?? The closest Outlook can come to a built-in method for sending a calendar as a single file attachment is to export the Calendar folder to a file, then sending the exported file. However, if you have Word, you can use one of the Word templates listed at http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar.htm#print to push the Outlook data into a Word document, then attach that document to a message. If you have Visio 2003, you can use the Import Outlook Data Wizard to create a calendar from Outlook data, using a filter to include only certain appointments. The resulting...

attachments continuous
when sending emails an attachment is being sent to alll emails even though there are NO attachments meant to go. Also, lost the cc and bcc feature of an email. Any assistance is helpful. ...