Utlitilty to remove Zombie Accounts

Hi

I have upgraded my Exchange 5.5 to 2003 and have a number of Zombie accounts
that are not automatically being removed. Is there a utility that can I can
run to remove these accounts.

Here is the key help message I found.

"This error is related to the appearance of zombie users. Zombie users are
users that appear in an Access Control List (ACL) but not in Active
Directory. "

      "User Action
      To correct zombie users in an Exchange organization, use System
Manager to access each folder specified in the message. In the folder
Properties, click the Permissions tab, and then click Client Permission.
Manually remove invalid user accounts."

      However I have hundreds of error messages and this will take days to
complete hence I am looking for a auto utility.

      Thanks

      Owen

0
qwerty4869 (11)

You could use the 'ignore zombies' registry key detailed in the KB below
(applies to Exchange 2000 SP3 with post-sp3 roll-up fix as well as Exchange
2003)

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=812963

Of course, only do this if you really need to.  It overrides the blocking of
ACLs and there's always the chance someone could see some data they are not
supposed to.

Also, if you can get your Exchange org into native mode, zombies will be
ignored anyway.  I wrote about this just a few hours ago (check out the
Zombie ACEs section):

http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2004/04/exchange_2003_n.html

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

For Exchange news, links and tips, check:
http://www.msexchange.co.uk

"Owen" <qwerty@qwerty.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have upgraded my Exchange 5.5 to 2003 and have a number of Zombie
accounts
> that are not automatically being removed. Is there a utility that can I
can
> run to remove these accounts.
>
> Here is the key help message I found.
>
> "This error is related to the appearance of zombie users. Zombie users are
> users that appear in an Access Control List (ACL) but not in Active
> Directory. "
>
>       "User Action
>       To correct zombie users in an Exchange organization, use System
> Manager to access each folder specified in the message. In the folder
> Properties, click the Permissions tab, and then click Client Permission.
> Manually remove invalid user accounts."
>
>       However I have hundreds of error messages and this will take days to
> complete hence I am looking for a auto utility.
>
>       Thanks
>
>       Owen

0
neil.hobson (1158)
4/8/2004 10:12:16 AM
Thanks Neil

We are currently in mixed mode so will wait until we slip over to native
mode.

Great quick response.

Owen

"Neil Hobson [MVP]" <neil.hobson@nospam.silversands.co.uk> wrote in message
> You could use the 'ignore zombies' registry key detailed in the KB below
> (applies to Exchange 2000 SP3 with post-sp3 roll-up fix as well as
Exchange
> 2003)
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=812963
>
> Of course, only do this if you really need to.  It overrides the blocking
of
> ACLs and there's always the chance someone could see some data they are
not
> supposed to.
>
> Also, if you can get your Exchange org into native mode, zombies will be
> ignored anyway.  I wrote about this just a few hours ago (check out the
> Zombie ACEs section):
>
> http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2004/04/exchange_2003_n.html
>
> --
> Neil Hobson
> Exchange MVP
>
> For Exchange news, links and tips, check:
> http://www.msexchange.co.uk
>
> "Owen" <qwerty@qwerty.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > I have upgraded my Exchange 5.5 to 2003 and have a number of Zombie
> accounts
> > that are not automatically being removed. Is there a utility that can I
> can
> > run to remove these accounts.
> >
> > Here is the key help message I found.
> >
> > "This error is related to the appearance of zombie users. Zombie users
are
> > users that appear in an Access Control List (ACL) but not in Active
> > Directory. "
> >
> >       "User Action
> >       To correct zombie users in an Exchange organization, use System
> > Manager to access each folder specified in the message. In the folder
> > Properties, click the Permissions tab, and then click Client Permission.
> > Manually remove invalid user accounts."
> >
> >       However I have hundreds of error messages and this will take days
> > complete hence I am looking for a auto utility.
> >
> >       Thanks
> >
> >       Owen

0
qwerty4869 (11)

Project Accounting
Hello All, In our GP 9.0 SP2 installation, on the "Return Setup - Returns" window (Tools>>Setup>>Project>>Return Setup>>>Return) the 'Auto-Credit Receipts' and 'Auto-Replace Receipts' options are greyed out; but not the Auto CrossShip Receipts. Can anyone offer some insight? ...

Same account name, but diff. boxes/users?
Greetings, My company already had two www domains, before buying another company and adding their domain name to our Exchange organization. My problem is that the original company, company1.com already had an "admin" (admin@company1.com) mail account for catch-all and general info. Now I need to enable this same (also pre-existing) mailbox (admin@company3.com) for a different individual on the new company3.com, but Exchange's behaviour seems to be that an account name, "admin" can be used for only one of any domain in the organization? Any advice would be apprec...

Remove virus and worms from messenger
This is que question: how to remove virus, trojans, worms that send messages through messenger. LAM Download AntiMalware from: http://www.malwarebytes.org Disable 100% your present antivirus. Install and run a "Quick Scan" (takes ~20 min) using MalwareBytes antimalware program. Update MalwareBytes. Run a "Complete Scan" (takes 1-2hours) using MalwareBytes antimalware program. Download the MalwareBytes program ONLY FROM THEIR SITE. The malware writers will go to all lengths to phish their site or get you to download a program with the same name b...

Auto Accept not removing cancelled meetings
The Auto Accept agent (running on E2k3 server) is not removing cancelled meetings from my resource calendars. Although the resource will let users book over the cancelled meetings, the calendar still shows the time slot as busy in the attendee availability view. If you go directly to the resource calendar, it will show the meeting as being cancelled. Am I missing a config somewhere that would totally remove the cancelled off the recource? Thanks in advance for any help! If you want a product that works properly, check out http://www.swinc.com/erm. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange &qu...

remove headers & Footers Excel 2007
Hi There I am trying to remove the headers and footers from excel document can anyone please help. I have looked on line and do not have the same options -- N/A You open the PageSetup dialog (In the File menu for XL2003, on its own tab in XL2007) Then use the same steps as you would to add a footer but press delete/backspace keys rather than letters. best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Joel" <Joel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC05AE87-0595-47DD-B2D3-9A402D7EB7EE@microsoft.com... >...

account setup script
Hi , I'd like to make a script that I can send to my friend to setup his email account. How please? ...

SQL Statement to remove bad e-mail addy's?
Howdy, I'm looking for help removing bounced and unsubscribed e-mails. I have a CSV file with all the bad e-mails. I need a compare and remove statement that will delete the e-mail address only from the Customer Table. Or any other workaround to keep me from doing 400+ manually thanks -- Jon Kahn Confluence Kayaks I would use MS Access to connect to both data sources, join the csv to the customer table on the email field, and then update the emailaddress to a blank string. The sql code would look something like this: UPDATE temp INNER JOIN dbo_Customer ON temp.email = dbo_Cu...

Removing Logo in X/Z Report?
v1.3 I am attempting to remove the logo from the X and Z 40 col report. In the header it says Show Logo file = True. Now if I change that to False, the whole issue should just go away, correct? Basically, I do not have a machine to test anyting on right now. Frustrating! -- Jocelyn Correct. Make sure you use the "OK" button to close all of the Reeceipt Format Property pages - not the Windows X - or your changes won't save. You will need to restart POS on each register before the change takes effect. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@ti...

excel 4.0 macro remover tool
Dear all, i am looking for excel 4.0 macro removal tool from excel 97 file.Actually we are facing such problem from two months and it gives pain.some excel files contain macro of excel 4.0 with "very hidden and very protective" attribute so that we cannot remove it.i have searched on net and found that there are some tools called macro remover which can remove all types of macros from excel file including excel 4.0 macro from excel 97 file,but it charges which i cannot afford.so if there any tool that can remove particular excel 4.0 macro from excel 97 file please let me know...

Problem creating mail account
Has anyone had problems creating new mail accounts? I can create a new domain account ok with the option to create a mail account selected but the mail account doesn't seem to exist. It's happened on different systems and I can't find anything which gives any clues! Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, G. Hello Gaz Can you give us a little more information? What kind of domain is it? NT4, Win2K, Win2K3 What version of Exchange? 5.5, E2K, E2k3 Do you get any errors when selecting to create a mailbox? Do you see any events in the application log? -- Michael Barta [M...

Changing account structure
We have an account structure that has fur segments xxx-xxx-xx-xxx. We want to change this to xxxx-xxx-xx-xx. (to be clear we want to change from 3-3-2-3 alphanumeric character structure to 4-3-2-2 alpha numeric structure) Is this possible after having the old structure for several years? What happens to the history (last two years) when I change this? We have recently converted to Greatplains 8.0 -- Arun You can purchase Professional Services Tools Library for this. There is a tool called Account Modifier/Combiner ($1,000) This tool enables you to change an old account number to a new...

project accounting
In Dynamics Project Accounting when making changes to CARDS in the maintenance window the options are only SAVE and DELETE. i.e. there is no escape if you have changed something in error and are not sure what it was. This applies to many windows in Projects. In other modukles for instance Debtor Maintenance there is a CLEAR button. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to ...

Accounts option does not work in 2000 anymore
Hi, bit of a toughie this one. My Outlook 2000 installation no longer works for the Accounts option. This is via Tools/Accounts from the menu or the Accounts button buried in Options. I've tried a repair and also reconfigured mail support back and forth to see if that helps. I cannot find any solution for it on the MS support site. I'd really like to keep all my multiple accounts unless there is no option but to remove and reinstall which is why I am asking here if anyone has any other ideas please.? TIA Please remove the obvious from email address if emailing "Gasman&q...

Removing Financial Data From Passport Profile
Money 2004. Hello, I made the, at least in my opinion, stupid mistake of not only using my Passport profile to log into my Money file, I allowed my financial data to be placed into my profile on their servers (I think its called Money Data on the Web, not sure though). Is there any way I can remove the Passport information from the file and my Money information from the web? I appreciate the help. Thanks, Chris Okay, I was able to disable the Passport use in the file, what I would like to do (and I'd bet you can't) is pull my financial info off of their sites. Any ideas on...

How to assign a permanent drive to a removable external usb hard d
I have a Western digital "mybook" which is an external hard drive in a case connected by a usb. I swap it out every day (two of them) its been working fine. Microsoft had an update and now it wont keep the drive . This is due to the first network drive is F: Which is the drive that is Microsoft is trying to assign to the hard drive. I now have to go into disk manager and re-assigned that drive every day. I assigned it to Z drive how can I keep the drive assignment w/o having to change the drive letter every day. Almost forgot it is connected to Windows Server 2003...

Money 2005 upgrade creates duplicate Investment Accounts
mUpgraded fro Money 2004 to 2005 and for my 6 Schwab accounts when system syncronized an additional 24 accounts (4 for each original) were created. Any ideas would be appreciate. Thnaks I had a similar problem with T. R. Price. Each mutual fund has a separate account number and I had them combined in Money so the download was to each separate account - not the main account. At least I only got one download per fund - not the 4 that you received. "gavin" wrote: > mUpgraded fro Money 2004 to 2005 and for my 6 Schwab accounts when system > syncronized an additional 24 ...

email Accounts #12
How can I copy my email accounts from my desktop to my laptop? I do not want to set up 18 new email accounts on the laptop if I can export and improt the accounts files. Gee, we have no idea as you did not state what email client/version you are using??? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, RealEstateTom asked: | How can I copy my email accounts from my d...

Sub Contacts related to account
Hi Everybody Is there anyway i can see the contacts of a particular parent account, instead of seeing all the contacts. Thanks in Advance. Regards -- Jaber You can either open the account to see its contacts or do an advanced find to search for all contacts who's parent account is x.. ============================= John O'Donnell Microsoft Dynamics ISV Architect Evangelist http://blogs.msdn.com/usisvde "Jaber" <Jaber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8F2849E-A8DD-4399-B45D-5D073D2F6A05@microsoft.com... > Hi Everybody > Is there anyway i ca...

Budgeting and different account cycles
I have just downloaded a trial version of MS Money 2006. I want a better tool to see my cashflow and help me with budgeting. Since you can't change budget dates in MS Money how can you keep track of all the transactions when my checking account cycle is different from my credit card cycle? I try to purchase all items on credit card but my bills and some expenses come from the checking account. I want to set up a budget with a spending tracker that will reflect the transaction from both the checking and credit card accounts. Any idea on how I can do this? Thank you for all the help. ...

Two server updates won't install
The following updates fail every time I attempt to install them. KB967723 - security update for windows server 2008 x64 KB972455 - Windows server update services 3.0 sp2 for x64-based systems Is there a way of removing them from the updates list to stop the prompts to install them (the windows update balloon)?? BadBoy House wrote: > The following updates fail every time I attempt to install them. > > KB967723 - security update for windows server 2008 x64 > KB972455 - Windows server update services 3.0 sp2 for x64-based > systems > > > Is there a w...

Event when removable drived added/removed
Is there an event that I can subscribe to, to get notified when a removable drive is added or removed? Thanks LS "Lloyd Sheen" <a@b.c> wrote in news:#Xols58hKHA.3792@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl: > Is there an event that I can subscribe to, to get notified when a > removable drive is added or removed? Assume all removables are USB today. :-) Start here: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/system/DriveDetector.aspx This is a wrapper project for the Windows libraries that work with these drives. Peace and Grace, -- Gregory A. Beamer (MVP) Twitter...

Assign new contacts to the same owner as the account 's owner
I would like to know if it is possible to use a workflow to assign a the contact of an Account to the same owner as the owner of the account. I explain. I have to salespersons working on the same accounts but all the accounts are owned by only one of the two salespersons. If the first salesperson create a contact, he will be the owner of the contact but I would like to make a workflow to assign this contact to the other owner who is the owner of the Account this contact belongs to. Is it possible or is there another way to do that ??? Thanks in advance Didier ...

Ask for how to create & remove a shortcut on Vista
Hello guys! I'm a new comer~:) I have a function to create and remove a shortcut for my application in my program. But it suffered some problem on Vista. The problem is Vista need administrator's power to do what I need. If I execute my program in administrator, it's OK. Else nothing happend while my application trying to create shortcut, or popup the following warning while my application trying to remove the shortcut: Access unnamed file is denied I'm not familiar with Vista and program on Vista. So any kind suggestion or information is welcome. I need your help! Than...

Unable to search Accounts, message says 'No Attribute'?
I'm having a problem with the search utility in CRM 3.0. When I try to perform a search on an account in the 'Active Accounts' View (whcih is set to the Default Public View) all I get when I click the 'Find' button is a message box that says 'No Attribute' with an OK button on it. The error started on a new Server and CRM install when I was trying to create an association between a custom entity and another entity. SQL Server took all the 2GB of ram and locked up the server. After about 5 minutes I paused SQL then Stopped it and then rebooted the server. Whe...

Money 2005
In my Amex Investment account I have two separate positions for the same stock (each bought at a diffrent time and price) when Money downloads the account activity from online update it only sees one position (100 shares) and it prompts me delete the 300 other shares that represent the other position. How do I make Money understand that there are two different positions for this stock in the same investment account ? Thanks, in advance. Matt ...