using Query Based distribution groups between domains

I am trying to use query based DG's for passing world wide notificatons
across domains.
I have a global QBDG containing QBDG from our 3 child domains. When I am
sendin an email to this DG the email only reach the recipients in the domain
where the global dg is placed, none of the the recipients in the other child
domains gets the email. When I do a preview on the global DG the child domain
qbdg is visible so it looks as if it would work.
Any ideas appreciated.

0
TB (30)

Sounds like an issue with the expansion server. Have you considered setting
the expansion server to try and work through this issue? Try this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822897/en-us

Nue
"TB" <TB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to use query based DG's for passing world wide notificatons
> across domains.
> I have a global QBDG containing QBDG from our 3 child domains. When I am
> sendin an email to this DG the email only reach the recipients in the
> domain
> where the global dg is placed, none of the the recipients in the other
> child
> domains gets the email. When I do a preview on the global DG the child
> domain
> qbdg is visible so it looks as if it would work.
> Any ideas appreciated.

0
imaneophyte (3004)
5/31/2006 12:22:24 PM
The question here is do you see the messages get stuck in your Queues?  Do
you get any NDR back?  If so can you paste the content?

"TB" wrote:

> I am trying to use query based DG's for passing world wide notificatons
> across domains.
> I have a global QBDG containing QBDG from our 3 child domains. When I am
> sendin an email to this DG the email only reach the recipients in the domain
> where the global dg is placed, none of the the recipients in the other child
> domains gets the email. When I do a preview on the global DG the child domain
> qbdg is visible so it looks as if it would work.
> Any ideas appreciated.

When I do a message tracking, the emails to the domain where the QBDG
resides gets delivered, the mails to the other domain just is not there, no
NDR or anything and not visible in the tracking.

"Kalvin Koether" wrote:

> The question here is do you see the messages get stuck in your Queues?  Do
> you get any NDR back?  If so can you paste the content?
>
> "TB" wrote:
>
> > I am trying to use query based DG's for passing world wide notificatons
> > across domains.
> > I have a global QBDG containing QBDG from our 3 child domains. When I am
> > sendin an email to this DG the email only reach the recipients in the domain
> > where the global dg is placed, none of the the recipients in the other child
> > domains gets the email. When I do a preview on the global DG the child domain
> > qbdg is visible so it looks as if it would work.
> > Any ideas appreciated.

0
TB (30)
6/1/2006 7:58:01 AM
TB,

I don't want this to seem like a dumb question but are these other DGs mail
enabled?

"TB" wrote:

> When I do a message tracking, the emails to the domain where the QBDG
> resides gets delivered, the mails to the other domain just is not there, no
> NDR or anything and not visible in the tracking.
>

> "Kalvin Koether" wrote:
>
> > The question here is do you see the messages get stuck in your Queues?  Do
> > you get any NDR back?  If so can you paste the content?
> >
> > "TB" wrote:
> >
> > > I am trying to use query based DG's for passing world wide notificatons
> > > across domains.
> > > I have a global QBDG containing QBDG from our 3 child domains. When I am
> > > sendin an email to this DG the email only reach the recipients in the domain
> > > where the global dg is placed, none of the the recipients in the other child
> > > domains gets the email. When I do a preview on the global DG the child domain
> > > qbdg is visible so it looks as if it would work.
> > > Any ideas appreciated.

Just double checked and yes they are.

"Kalvin Koether" wrote:

> TB,
>
> I don't want this to seem like a dumb question but are these other DGs mail
> enabled?
>

> "TB" wrote:
>

> > When I do a message tracking, the emails to the domain where the QBDG
> > resides gets delivered, the mails to the other domain just is not there, no
> > NDR or anything and not visible in the tracking.
> >

> > "Kalvin Koether" wrote:
> >
> > > The question here is do you see the messages get stuck in your Queues?  Do
> > > you get any NDR back?  If so can you paste the content?

0
TB (30)
6/1/2006 1:36:02 PM
TB, so what happens if you just email these nested DGs directly?  Do they get
the email then?  Do these DGs show up in the GAL?

"TB" wrote:

> Just double checked and yes they are.
>

> "Kalvin Koether" wrote:
>
> > TB,
> >
> > I don't want this to seem like a dumb question but are these other DGs mail
> > enabled?
> >

> > "TB" wrote:
> >

> > > When I do a message tracking, the emails to the domain where the QBDG
> > > resides gets delivered, the mails to the other domain just is not there, no
> > > NDR or anything and not visible in the tracking.

TB,

I think this is the answer to your question:

Always use universal groups, particularly in multiple domain environments.
Use of local and of global groups, even of nested groups, does not work in a
multi-domain environment because their membership is not replicated to all
global catalog servers

This was taken from this KB:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822897

I am leaning toward the problem being that you are nesting QDGs inside a
QDG.  Which if you read the Messages disappearing section, seems to be your
results (since it isn't resolving the nested QDGs to anything your message
just disappears).

Hope this helps.

Kalvin Koether

"TB" wrote:

> Just double checked and yes they are.
>

> "Kalvin Koether" wrote:
>
> > TB,
> >
> > I don't want this to seem like a dumb question but are these other DGs mail
> > enabled?
> >

> > "TB" wrote:
> >

> > > When I do a message tracking, the emails to the domain where the QBDG
> > > resides gets delivered, the mails to the other domain just is not there, no
> > > NDR or anything and not visible in the tracking.

Distribution Files for MFC in VS .net 2003

Use Form to prompt for report criteria

"the wizard is unable to open your query in datasheet mode, possi
"the wizard is unable to open your query in datasheet mode, possibly because another user has a source table open in exclusive mode. your query will be opened in design view" what this message mean ,and how can i solve it Hi - Please provide more details as to what you are doing when you get the error, what your database setup is (i.e. split Fe/BE?, multiuser?, version? etc). Without more information, we can only guess. Thanks - John amr wrote: >"the wizard is unable to open your query in datasheet mode, possibly because >another user has a ...

Querying multiple records in two tables

Not using zeros in graphing.
I have a running workbook that has tons of information. I have added a sum page in order to have all the data summed up in one simple place. I have formulas that read back into the workbook to link to a cell. Depending on what moth it is, that cell could be empty as it is a yearly wookbook. For example, if this is August, then there is information in the workbook up to August, but none after. With that said, the sum page has the #DIV/0! in the cell which essentially equals zero. I also have graphs that I have linked to this sum page. My problem is in order to keep the graphs up to...

using vba so search multiple Sheets

DPM and VMM on same server using side-by-side SQL installation
Windows 2008 Std R2 Server, 64bit VMM 2007 is currently installed (with the built-in default database) SQL 2005 Express Edition, SP3, 32bit. I was advised by Microsoft that both VMM and DPM could be installed on the same server (small DR environment) The VMs are hosted on a Windows 2008 Enterprise Server w/ VS2005R2 - because the hardware didn't support HyperV. VMM works great to manage the Windows 2008 VS2005R2 Host running Win2K3 server instances ... after lots of trial and error. Now, I need to install DPM 2007 onto the same server... DPM wants to install the 64bit vers...

Limiting CRM application ability to aasigning user to approprite CRM security group
IT administrator that I have for client does not like the idea of CRM application assigning user group automatically. They prefer to do the security group assignment manually. Is this possible? What do I need to do to achieve that? Thanks Kyaw Hi Kyaw, I did it the following way for a customer: 1) You will need to precreate the five groups within your AD. There is no need of having a own OU (Container, Organizational Unit) for them. Follow the naming convention of your company or use the default namings from Microsoft for the five groups. There is no need for your AD Admin to assig...

Can I do this query in one step?
Suppose I have a talble like this, each record has a unique ID. All"A"s or "B", "C"s should have only x or y or z property attached. Iwant to find A, B or C which has more than one properties.1 A x ...2 A x ...3 A x ...4 A y ...5 B x6 B y7 C z....resutls would look like:A xA y....I think I can do this in two steps or with a subquery. Then I thoughtof self-join but didn't figure out how to use it in this case.Thanks a lot! SELECT DISTINCT and do not include the record ID perhaps? Or is the record ID vital?"muster" <muster@gmail.com> wrote in me...

Run series of query -- I don't want any pop-up
I have generated 4 queries (1. empty all, 2. import data, 3. generate information, 4. Make a new table) I've created a button to run these 4 quries sequencially. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Problem: MS ACCESS pops up "confirmation dialog" to ask me whether to delete/modify the table. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Question: I don't want any question to be asked. I just want those queries to be executed once i press my button. -------------------------------...

Use a VBA Macro inside an Excel Cell

IF statement based on True/False that activates a certain list box
I've been asked to create a formula that will react to either "yes" or "no" entered into a cell which will show options in another cell based on a certain list. Example: Cells D3:D5 contain the values Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday (list named BegWeek) Cells E3:E5 contain the values Thursday, Friday, Saturday (list named EndWeek) Cell A3 accepts either "yes" or "no" entry only from a list If A3 = "Yes" then B3 will = drop down list BegWeek If A3 = "No" then B3 will = drop down list End Week I don't even know if thi...

How to relate an Activity to a group of contacts?
Is there a way to easily attach an Activity to multiple Contacts. For example, how can I attach the same Task to all the Contacts in New York? Selecting contact by contact is much to time consuming you would need to write an addon to do this. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "NBCRM" <NBCRM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67F28655-9091-4E98-B971-AA37508A6DCD@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to easily attach an Activity to multiple Contacts. For > example, how can I attach the same Task to all the Contacts in New Yor...

Is there a way to graph data which utilizes the "fixed" function for decimal places? When I try this it will not graph, as the data has become text or something - even though I've selected number in the cell formats. If you've fixed the number of digits using only number formats, the values remain numeric, and they should chart just fine. This means selecting the range, going to the Formatting menu and selecting Cells, and on the Number tab, selecting Number in the category list, and setting a number of digits. I'm not familiar with a "fixed function". I...

slow sync with Calendar using Kyocera 7135 via Outlook 2003
I'm stuck and need help. I have a Two Day Old Brand New Dell Dimension 4600. Does anyone out there know what to do when Outlook 2003 is giving a Log report that reads that Outlook Calendar - Slow Sync synchronization failed? This is a first time occurence for me. Outlook also reported that a device is trying to get access to my E- Mail addresses which may indicate a Virus may be present. I've run my McAfee Virus Protection and it didn't detrect anything. I'm at my wits end and don't know what else to do. Can anybody help? ...

invalid use of property message
I am trying to cre4ate a macro that checks the value of a number of sheets to determine if they are already visible and if so it will not close them - With Sheets("Pay Inflation - Biometrics") Sheets ("Statistics") Sheets ("Direct Cost Savings Breakdown") Sheets ("OT Reduction") Sheets ("Nurse OT Reduction") Sheets ("Premium Labor Utilization") Sheets ("Pay inflation - Timestamp") Sheets ("Calculation Error") Sheets ("Le...

Sending to Distribuiton group from outside the domain fails
Hi, when trying to send to an internal distribution list from an email address outside of our domain the mail does not get through. The error returned from Gmail in this case, is: Technical details of permanent failure: PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 9): 553 Requested action not taken: mailbox name not allowed or chunk too large How can I allow email to be sent to a distribution group from outside of our domain? thanks Paddy. do you have the group restricted to receiving email only from authenicated users? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Paddy Ryan" <paddy@fpmt.org> wrote in m...

can not Send/receive using Outlook 2003
Just bouhght new computer and am loading all of my software that worked onmy old one. When I try to send and recieve I get the message object not found. I have used test and this work ok. I have also reloaded all of my broadband and office software numerous times to no prevail. Software Windows xp Office 2003 ADSlL broadband with bigpond Gp Check to make sure the accounts are setup correctly if they are then run Detect and Repair, still an issue then create a new profile. May also want to check your anti-virus software program setting for outgoing mail and disable that option. Rega...

Mailing a group of Contacts
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: pop Is there any way I can select a section of my contacts (A category) eg: friends or Business contacts, and add all their addresses to one email without selecting each one individually? > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3356593878_1177854 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit On 5/12/10 10:08 PM, in article 59bb8673.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,...

using rule creates multiple entries. How can I stop this?
I'm going to give you the details of this so maybe someone can just tell me how to correct or whether it can be corrected. I've tried creating different rules, rules with exceptions, multiple rules with multiple exceptions, all I can think. Here is the scenario. Although I'm using Lisa as an example, this problem applies to every staffer in my 9 person office. Lisa is my secretary. She sends me internal email, staff questions and stuff which goes to a a "Staff" subfolder of the Inbox. I have a rule for this. She also sends me mail she has scanned. I ha...