Using Priv.edb for a restore

I need to perform a emergency restore. The only backup I
have is a copy of the priv.edb from a couple of days ago.

Can I use this for a restore on the same server or
another exchange server? I have done restores before but
I have always had a backup copy from Arcserve or some
other backup software.

Thank-you!
0
anonymous (74722)

Can I use HitTest() on 2nd Column?
Hi all, I have a CListView class and am using OnLButtonDblClk() and GetSelectedCount() to detect double clicking on 1st column and handle that. As a result, it displays information(actually filename and path) on 2nd column. It just works fine.. Now how could I detect double clicking on 2nd column and handle it as a different event to that on 1st column? HitTest() seems it works just for 1st column. Thanks Bob No Problem, this will do exactly what you want, http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/listview/editingitemsandsubitem/article.php/c923 M "Bob" <bbg9507@quicksilver.net.n...

unable to open attachment w/long filename using Outlook Web Access
Environment: Exchange 2003, Outlook Web Access 2003 Problem: Experiencing a problem opening an attachment with a long filename. The result is "Page Not Found" when attempting to open long filename attachments. Work-Around: Save the document using 8 by 3 naming convention and attachment can be opened. Any thoughts? ...

I need excel to only use the last 26 rows in a chart
I have a large spreadsheet that has data in it that is entered weekly. I would like for the chart to grab the most recent 26 weeks of data automatically. Does anyone know of a formula that will do this? Logan: If you haven't already, you may want to establish dynamic ranges for your data set. This will allow you to automatically update your chart(s) as new data is entered It will also allow you to plot the last number of days/weeks that you want. This post explains how to set up dynamic range names and plot user specified number of days. It should get you started on dynamic range ...

What ADUC to use.
I've just upgraded our single server Exchange Org from 2000 to 2003, however it is still running on a windows 2000 server. I'm planing on going to 2003 Server soon, and eventually upgrading the whole AD. However, in the meantime, I'm not sure which ADUC to use. Because I've ran Exchange 2003 forestprep and domainprep does that mean that I should use the ADUC that comes with Windows 2003 server? Will I corrupt my AD if I continue to use my w2k ADUC? TIA Ivo Exchange 2003 is supported on Windows 2000 member servers running in a Windows 2000 AD. You will not break anythin...

How to use Out of Office if no Exchange Server?
Hi guys, I've been trying to tell a friend how to set up an Out of Office reply in her OL2002, but can't even get it working in my own 2007 because according to the help file, you need an Exchange Server to use this facility. Surely not?! How do normal home users set up out of office messages when they don't have an exchange server? There is no "out of office assistant" under Tools, and when trying to set this up manually through Rules and Alerts, there is no option that allows you to reply to messages. I have suggested she uses her ISP's vacation message system, but...

"newbie" question using exchange
we have a new install of exchange using sbs 2003. What we would like to do is setup mail folders for three different user accounts that are accessable by all users. I would like for mail that is sent to these accounts (eg: orders@companyname.com) to be sent to the appropriate "public" folder. Could someone give me some direction on setting this up? Any alternate suggestions would be appreciated. Here is a link that explains how to do what you are looking for: http://www.msexchange.org/articles/MF021.html The link relates to Exchange 2000 but the steps are the same. -- Mark Fuga...

Use Trusted Connection-Crystal ODBC Connection
I setup a ODBC connection for Crystal reports, however when opening a report or refreshing a report, I get the SQL Server Login in window, asking for a login ID and password. There is also a check box for 'Use Trusted Connection' and if the user checks this box, the login ID and password grays out and they have access any of the Dynamics SQL tables. Basically someone can build any payroll report they want... and bypass all security by checking one simple box Does anyone know how to disable this check box? -- Doug Doug, It won't be quite that easy. The reason this w...

Can you access the old-style Help Index using Excel 2003?
I've recently obtained Office 2003 for my work laptop, and to say the least it is getting on my nerves! When I want to access Help, I want a nice little index of terms that I can search against that is intuitive, user-friendly and allows me to have a browse around the subject. Is there anyway of getting this old-style help functionality working within Excel 2003, which so far has produced the least helpful responses of any help system I've come across. Create a short-cut to the internal help file. Should be called something like: XLMAIN10.CHM or XLMAIN11.CHM XLADDIN.CHM fo...

Outlook using all memory
Hello, is there anyone who can help me with a problem i Outlook 2000, when I start the program it uses all memory on the PC until it has used all available memory. If I watch the taks manager it doesn't seem that Outlook are using much memory maybe in the area of 40-100 MB, but the commit/charge "meter" shows that when I start Outlook that the memory usage increases about 10 times the number that are shown for outlook, when I cloes outlook the memory usage returns to normal. Tried to upgrade to Outlook XP, same thing happens. Any suggestions ? Tia Odd I've had odd...

Using C# dll as COM in an MFC application
Hello, I have written a C# dll in VS2005. One interface and class are exported using Interop Services. I want to use this c# dll in my MFC application, using VS2003. It compiles after I imported the dll to my MFC app. On runtime I get class not registered HR error in my MFC project. I use the code as follow: _NewActivationPtr myActivation = NULL; HRESULT hr = myActivation.CreateInstance(__uuidof(NewSupernaActivation)); I don't what to do. Do I have to use GACUtil to register? If I want to use GACUtil do I have to sign my project? Trying do it had failed, because my third party librar...

How can I convert an Excel file to an Adobe .pdf file by using Ex.
In the past, I have been able to convert an Excel spreadsheet directly to an Adobe .pdf file. I now have Excel 2003 and I cannot find the function to convert to .pdf anywhere. Am I missing something or is it no longer part of Excel? pammoore2000 wrote: > In the past, I have been able to convert an Excel spreadsheet directly to an > Adobe .pdf file. I now have Excel 2003 and I cannot find the function to > convert to .pdf anywhere. Am I missing something or is it no longer part of > Excel? It never was part of Excel. You must have had a third-party application or add-in...

insert password using vb #2
Thank You Celtic Avenger I'll try that. Abbevill -- abbevill ----------------------------------------------------------------------- abbeville's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=976 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26122 ...

Can I use the NOW() function in a formula?
I have a cell B1 that has NOW() time and another cell B2 that has NOW() date. I am trying to have data from another cell F1 brought in to the destination cell B3, when a given date and time occur. =(IF(AND(B1="23:00:00",B2="12/03/2009"),F1," ") This formulas does not work. The Clock is continuously active / always changing. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. The NOW() function returns both a date and a time. Even if you format the cell to display only date/time, all the data is still retained. NOte that if you did want just the d...

Using a query versus a table for the look up wizard
Hello, I have a field which I would like to use the lookup wizard for to generate a drop down list for the user to select from. My question is whether my databse would run faster if I used: a query from an already established table as the values for the lookup wizard, or to build a new table to hold the information for the lookup wizard to use. I think you'll find few of us recommend the use of the Lookup Wizard. Lookup fields only have a place in tables, and your users should never be working directly with the tables. Create a form, and use a combo box on the form. (See http...

how to disable yes/no prompt when mapi is used to send email
I am using compaq insight manager which has the abiolity to sent email alert via the mapi profile with outlook for XP. The problem is a warning pops up saying thisis a VB script and may be a virus sending this email. press yes or no to send. I need to disable this so the emails can be sent automatically. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Locked problem when using .Clear
I am using the following to Clear a group of cells; Range("AP1:AP1500").Clear however, after using this code I notice that the cells are Locked rather than Unlocked as they were originally - this then causes problems in other code I have running as the sheet is protected when distributed. Is there something elase I can do to solve the problem ? Thanks Hi, > Is there something elase I can do to solve the problem ? Post all you code because that line of code won't change the locked status of the cells. -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise...

How do I set the size of a chart in excel (without using the mous.
How do I set the size of a chart in excel (without using the mouse)? You can set the size programmatically: With ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1) .Width = 300 .Height = 200 End With katy wrote: > How do I set the size of a chart in excel (without using the mouse)? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Hi, If you hold the shift key whilst selecting the chart you can move with the cursor keys. CTRL+1 will display the format dialog which will allow you to alter the height and width. Only thing is I don't know how to select t...

Using client PC to find the functnl level of my log-in AD domain
Using Windows XP service pack3 to login to AD domain. Running the GPresult from the command prompt returns the following: RSOP results for TMS\TABATAJ on PD9403355 : Logging Mode --------------------------------------------------------- OS Type: Microsoft Windows XP Professional OS Configuration: Member Workstation OS Version: 5.1.2600 Domain Name: ABC Domain Type: Windows 2000 Site Name: DATA-HUB-SITE Roaming Profile: Local Profile: C:\Documents and Settings\tabataj Connected over a slow link?: No -------------------- Can I conclude that the Functional level ...

Using Filter string with IF function
Is there a way to use a filter string with the IF function? I have a spreadsheet that looks like this: Invoice No. Invoice Date Invoice Currency Invoice Value 1 dd/mm/yyyy USD 1234.56 65 dd/mm/yyyy USD 2345.67 74 dd/mm/yyyy EUR 3456.78 88 dd/mm/yyyy USD 4567.89 when I filter on the currency: is there a function such as if(filter_string="USD";TRUE;FALSE)??? Thanks Aref Maybe this: Assuming row 1 are t...

Does anyone know how to get a read receipt from Outlook 97, 98 or 2000 when using Outlook 2003???
Does anyone know how to get a read receipt from Outlook 97, 98 or 2000 when using Outlook 2003??? Is Outlook 2003 backwards compatible??? On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 21:11:53 GMT, Paul wrote: > Does anyone know how to get a read receipt from Outlook 97, 98 or 2000 when > using Outlook 2003??? > Is Outlook 2003 backwards compatible??? Outlook 97 and 98 definitely don't support read-receipts (the Internet standard for read-receipts didn't exist when they shipped). I forget whether Outlook 2000 suports them - but I think not, for the same reason. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Develo...

xml using datasets
hi i am new at this...whats the better way to read xml files..create a dataset and read them using xml only for validation ... or use xmlreader to validate and read them? thanks in advance "Ramakant" <ramakant2k@yahoodontspam.com> wrote in message news:e1WM5dwMFHA.1268@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > hi i am new at this...whats the better way to read xml files..create a > dataset and read them using xml only for validation ... > or > use xmlreader to validate and read them? Ramakant, If you already have an ADO.NET DataSet, then it's more convenient to use ADO.N...

error in using vterm sample
Hello everybody I am trying to use mscomm32 in visual c .net and so I run MSDN sample (VTerm) but it do not receive any thing plaese tell me why? I am using Win2k advance server Thanks a lot ...

using "Last" in query desgin
I am trying to build a query that sorts data ascending order by date, so that when I select "Last" in the Total row for other fields in the query I will get the newest value (I have an account field that doesn't change but I want to retrieve the newest account description which can change from one day to the next so I want the desciption of the newest record). The problem is I don't want the date column in the query since I am trying to also trying to group and sum the data and don't want a new row of data for each date value. Any ideas? I would use Max in...

Restore database from backup
I made a backup of my database and had to open it to recover changes that had been lost. How do I restore my backup to my original database? The Save & Save As commands only seem to save database objects to my open database. only SQL Server supports true backup / restore functionality with Access, you've got to HOPE that someone didn't have the db open when you back it up On Apr 7, 11:26=A0am, Roland @ Zuca <Roland @ Z...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I made a backup of my database and had to open it to recover changes that= had > been lo...

New to powerpoint 2007. How to use macros to move picture.
Hi. I am not very good at ppt but can someone tell me if there is an effect to re-size an image. What I would like to do is have a page that shrinks the image to the top left corner and then displays text. I know there are lots of special effects for images.I want the top corner of the image fixed so that the image retreates up and right. I have been asking this question for over a week now. A reply takes a day. I have a presentation ChildrensTalk.pptm On Slide 8 I have a jpg file called WaterWine.jpg Sub Test() Dim oSh As Shape ' Create a variable to hold a reference '...