using exchange to check other pop3 accounts

I have a local exchange server on a small network.  our email is hosted
by our isp on a dedicated server I have using mail enable.  I connect
to it via pop 3.  I have the exchange box on the network to have a mail
store so I don't loose email.  That's it's only real funciton.  When I
get email through outlook 07 it's from the other server and then it
saves in exchange etc.

is there any way in exchange 2003 or the upcomming 2007 server to have
IT check the other server box so I don't have to do it through outlook?
 This would allow me to not have to have outlook running for the
exchange server to get the email.

if not, I know there are several programs that claim they can do this.
Is there a good one that anyone's used?

thanks!

0
jspano1 (2)

On 9 Dec 2006 16:52:16 -0800, jspano@neoteksystems.com wrote:

>I have a local exchange server on a small network.  our email is hosted
>by our isp on a dedicated server I have using mail enable.  I connect
>to it via pop 3.  I have the exchange box on the network to have a mail
>store so I don't loose email.  That's it's only real funciton.  When I
>get email through outlook 07 it's from the other server and then it
>saves in exchange etc.
>
>is there any way in exchange 2003 or the upcomming 2007 server to have
>IT check the other server box so I don't have to do it through outlook?
> This would allow me to not have to have outlook running for the
>exchange server to get the email.
>
>if not, I know there are several programs that claim they can do this.
>Is there a good one that anyone's used?
>
>thanks!

I would investigate the use of a product such as POPCON:
http://www.christensen-software.com/popcon.htm
It has RBL, anti virus, anti spam and lots of rules which will deliver
to a range of accounts, as well as mail enabled public folders.
The product will also connect to multiple POP3 accounts.

0
mark7219 (5666)

A Combination Chart using a Column and Line
I have a large amount of data about protein values and I have grouped these using the Analysis-Pak Histogram wizard. The resulting frequencies have been charted using the 'Column' Chart Type. Using the NORMDIST function I then plotted the appropriate Normal Curve as a 'Line' Chart Type on the same chart but using a secondary y-axis. I was wondering if there is any sensible way of scaling the NORMDIST values so that both sets of data can be charted on the same axis. Any suggestions will be gratefully received. ...

Duplicate Files in the Exchange Mailbox Store?
It is my understanding that one of the functions of the database in exchange is to eliminate duplication. Example: an email sent to an internal mailing list will only exist a single copy with the recipients of the email merely receiving a pointer to the location of said email in the database. Does this also apply to the attachments in the database as well? Is there only a single instance of the attachments? If not is there a better way to manage where attachements are stored and a way to reduce duplication? The reason I am asking is we often receive large attachments, often 30 MB pl...

Configuration using XML
Hello: I have read about using the XML .config files with Web Applications (Web.config) or console and winforms applications (app.exe.config). But i want to use it with class library in C# and i don't know how to do it. I have tried to add a configuration file to my project; Visual Studio created this app.config file and i added the following code in it: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <configuration> <appSettings> <add key="RutaFicheroRss" value="C:\Documents and Settings\Javier\Mis documentos\Visual Studio Projects\Web...

Can an IF statement be used for 3 options?
Can I setup an IF statement to select between 3 options? For example, I have 3 divisions with 5 teams in each division. Can I setup a formula to have it enter the proper division if I have the team name entered. For example, if I have BOS in cell B2 how do I get cell C2 to say AL EAST. I have a tab called divisions with the divisions listed in cells A1, A2, and A3. The teams from division A1 are listed in cells A2, A3, A4, A5, and A6. Thanks. Assuming your division names are in A1:C1 and teams are in the 5 rows below each division (A2:C6), then try: =OFFSET(divisions!A1,,MAX(IF(I...

prompt user to select a cell for use ina formula
I would like to creat a macro to do the following: 1) Move the focus to a specific area on my spreadsheet. (A listing of paper types and weights, with multiple weights per paper type.) 2) Then prompt the user to select the appropriate cell, by actually selecting that cell not just entering the cell reference, and then to press the "enter" key. 3) Upon pressing enter to move back to the location of the command button that activated the macro. 4) Place the cell that was selected by the user into a specific cell. (This cell is then used in a formula.) Any and all help will b...

Exchange Disaster Recovery #5
hello been asked to come up with some DR (in the event of total meltdown) plans for Exchange 2003 across 2 sites. Each site hosts a 2 node passive/active 2k3 exchange cluster what i had planned both locations have their databses backed up with netbackup, what id planned on doing duplicate the backup jobs (weekly/monthly backups) to a netbackup server in the DR site in the event of total disaster of siteA rename exchange DRserver to exch-siteA, add to domain restore databases to this server this would keep the AD pointers to homeMDB intact? and would remove the need to mess about with legacyD...

How do I use a password to protect an Excel file from peeping eyes?
Basically I finished my account tracker, but I would rahther use a password to prevent others from openning at all, I tried the Protect>>Protect workbook, but it doesn't work. Thanks. Do a file|SaveAs (you can use the same name). Then on that dialog Tools|General Options|provide a password to open (xl2002 wording) I think it was: tools|Options in earlier versions (but still under the file|saveas dialog) Fat Cat wrote: > > Basically I finished my account tracker, but I would rahther use a password > to > prevent others from openning at all, I tried the Protect>...

Can't build using DDKBuild on XP
I've got an older version of Microsoft DDK (3790.1830) for Windows Server 2003. But tried following this link http://www.osronline.com/custom.cfm?name=articlePrint.cfm&id=104 but get the following error as copied and pasted below here: Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'KbFiltrProj - Win32 Debug'. --------------------Configuration: KbFiltrProj - Win32 Debug-------------------- DDKBUILD VERSION 3.15.38 FREEWARE FROM HOLLIS TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS Comments? Suggestions? info@hollistech.com The system cannot find the batch label specified - NoWI...

Importing Contacts linked with accounts
Hi, I do not succed in importing contacts linked with accounts. I use the bulk import wizard tool. (I have 1000 contact to import) 1/ I import first accounts (name + adresses) 2/ Then I import contacts. I try to link contacts with the account name. (parent Account field). I try to link the contact with accounts using the name of "Parent Account" name. But this fails. I cannot import anything How can I create a link between Accounts and contact with the Bulk import wizard ? Thank you for your help. Pascal One way of doing this is to try something like this: 1. Go to SQL ...

Account format change #3
GP 9 framework length = 14 4 segments 3-4-4-3 seg 3 natural current useage length 11 1-3-4.3 in a test environment under tools setup acct format made the changes so that length = 14 seg1=3 seg2 =4 no change to seg3 or 4 this keeps us within the framework and saved ex acct 0-401-5000-399 became 0ss-401s-5000-399 s=space I then ran the prof tools modifier final acct 000-0401-5000-399 with the actindx of 0-401-5000-399 = to the new acct 000-0401-5000-399 only results that I have an issue with so far is the gl40200 the 2 segments that were changed had both in the table and the new longer segm...

Stopping Exchange Connect on Different PC
I used to use a work pc with Outlook using Exchange for work email; used O. Express for personal email. I got a new pc and just installed a new copy of Outlook 2007 on it to use for my personal email, but it is trying to connect to the work exchange from my work pc (I did copy files from the work pc to my new personal pc). I can't get into Outlook to configure for my personal email. I don't have connection to old work email anymore, so I can't access Outlook at all. Hi Tracy, create a new Email account but don�t use an "Exchange Account" if you creat...

IE user trouble loading web mail with Exchange 2003 account
All, A user has been moved to a Exchange 2003 server, and cannot read her mail using Outlook Web access. It does not load the inbox, just the shortcut bar. Her account works on other PCs so it's just a PC setting. Any ideas? Thanks ...

exchange 5.5 and windows 2003
I have a windows NT 4.0 domain environment and i am running exchange 5.5 on a member server. i am planning to upgrade the pdc to windows 2003 and i move to active directory. Can anyone help me with directions on how exchange 5.5directory will communicate with active directory.Because upgrading to exchange 2003 is not happenning in the near future. Mikeolo The Exchange 5.5 directory will not communicate with AD. It'll just continue to run happily on its own as it did under NT. -Peter "mike olo" <wewe@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2ece01c48ece$265cf550$a501280...

Can't connect to Exchange server
Hello, I am having a problem configuring an account on Outlook XP. I can ping the Exchange server, both by IP address and by host name. When i try to configure the client to connect to the Exchange server I get an error saying that it could not locate the server. I have even uninstalled and reinstalled, repaired, done everything I could think off but I can not get it going. Obviously there is something I'm not doing right. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Rather then typin in the name of the exchange, can you connect if you use it's ip address? This sounds like a w...

Issue with slow mail on Exchange 2003
Morning, I seem to be having a problem with my Exchange 2003 box, where intermittently, the outbound email will get "stuck" for lack of a better way to put it. An email sent at 3 p.m. this afternoon sat until 4:26, when it was finally delivered, along with a bunch of other emails. Now, when this happened again tonight (been going on for about a week now), i checked the tracking logs. For an email being sent, it just stated "SMTP Store Driver: Message Submitted from Store". It wasn't for another 40 minutes that the email was finally dsubmitted to Advanced Queu...

Creating a new TASK using VFP9.0
I know this is a VBA group but I can't seem to get an answer from the VFP group on this subject. I need to create a new TASK and send it to the person I pick from a drop-down menu. This has to be done in FOXPRO (VFP9.0-SP2). I can get to Outlook and create/send an email, but I can not figure out how to create/send a TASK. Any help/sample code will be great. Thanks in advance -- Lost in Tampa I don't have a clue as to how you'd do it in VFP, but if you are using the CreateItem() method with an olMailItem argument to create a mail item substitute the olTaskItem en...

FRx Account Filtering
I'm trying to use the account filtering feature on the account/trans detail tab of report options to include all accounts which have, say 11 in the second and third digits of the account. In our case this means using an account mask of ?11???-?????-?? which fits our account structure. The result is inconsistent. I get mostly accounts which match the pattern, but also a few that don't. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any advice. When you say I am mostly getting accounts that match the pattern, what are you getting that doesn't? This will help in detemining what you a...

running Flash using IE8 on x64 system
I'm about to do a clean install of my system (Dell Precision T5400 64-bit system with 2 300GB drives setup in a RAID 1 mirror and 8GB of memory). I will running XP Pro x64 Edition with Service Pack 2. By default, IE6 or IE7 will be installed after I finish re-installing my system. I am going to immediately get all the windows updates, which will install IE8 on my system. Does the windows update install both the x32 (Program Files x86 directory) and x64 (Program Files directory) version of IE8? If that is correct, then I can just create a shortcut to IE8 in the Program...

Mailbox move after Exchange 2003 upgrade
I have 3 mailservers in my domain. Before I upgraded from 2000 to 2003 I was able to move mailboxes between servers without a problem. Now when I select a mailbox to move it looks like I do not have any other exchange servers to move them to. Has anyone had this problem before. My other 2 mailservers are on Exchange 2003 and have been for some time now. ...

Default account setting not retained
I have one client on my network whose Outlook 2003 REFUSES to keep their POP3 account as the default account. Each time they log off their workstation the default reverts back to Exchange, which is not currently set up to handle email beyond the intranet. Does anyone know of any reason why this one client is the only person on the network whose account settings keep reverting? And what can I do about it? A quick reply would be greatly appreciated. Try a fresh mail profile - and do not multi-post. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion in...

unintentional BCC Outlook 2003/Exchange 2000
I have several users who send mail and the message gets delivered but the recipient sees it as a BCC; it's internal mail; usually this is a result of allowing the autocomplete of the address but it's happened in a simple 'reply all' as well, when no one was using BCC. Any ideas? -- regards, Zach ZachP wrote: > I have several users who send mail and the message gets delivered but > the recipient sees it as a BCC; it's internal mail; usually this is a > result of allowing the autocomplete of the address but it's happened > in a simple 'reply all'...

Problem using "Update retirement account" in Money 2005
I'm having trouble updating my 401k account using "Update retirement account" for my end of 2004 statement. There is one specific investement that produces the following error: "... will cause the balance of 'xx' held in this investment account to become negative at some point. Please cancel or revise the transaction." If I try to do the "Dividend" and the "Buy" transactions manually then I get the following error when I try to do the "Dividend" transaction: "You have not purchased 'xx' in this Investment Account...

Unbound checkbox on datasheet subform
Is there any way to check just the one you checked? Robert Hi Robert, this issue was discussed at length recently on this newsgroup. The short answer is No. The long answer is that you can make the checkbox bound, but it is not very easy. Look at this thread: checkbox on continuous form from Design by Sue Thursday 20 December 2007 Jeanette Cunningham "Robert" <cpq1bcle[REMOVE]@verizon.net> wrote in message news:4778181a$0$19883$bbae4d71@news.suddenlink.net... > Is there any way to check just the one you checked? > > Robert > > "Robert" &...

Deploying SP2 to MS Exchange Server 2003
I'm curious as to if the Release notes for "Microsoft Exchanger server 2003 Service Pack 2 Release Notes" 906671 applies to SBS 2003 Premium Server SP1 running Exchange 2003 SP1? On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 08:51:05 -0800, "AllenM" <allen.miyake@gmail.com> wrote: >I'm curious as to if the Release notes for "Microsoft Exchanger server 2003 >Service Pack 2 Release Notes" 906671 applies to SBS 2003 Premium Server SP1 >running Exchange 2003 SP1? > Sp2 is supported on SBS 2003, so I would say yes Thanks for your opinion Andy. given that c...

Exchange 2000/2003 as a listserv
Is it possible to setup exchange as a listserv? From http://www.windowsitpro.com/MicrosoftExchangeOutlook/Article/ArticleID/8518/8518.html How can I use Exchange as a mailing list server? Because Exchange is so powerful and flexible, you might be tempted to see it as the solution to every need. Although you might think Exchange would make a good mailing list manager, no product measures up to the standard set by the free, well-understood, and widely available Majordomo package for UNIX machines (http://www.greatcircle.com/majordomo). The Microsoft BackOffice Resource Kit (BORK) con...