using domain account for Exch2003 services

In Chapter 3 of the MS Press Training Kit "Implementing and Managing
Microsoft Exchange Server 2003", there are instructions for changing the
Exchange Services to run under a domain account (with appropriate group
memberships and rights) rather than the default Local System account for
security & auditing purposes.

However, I could not start the services after making the change and reviewed
several articles stating that only the Local System account will work - KB
Articles 271920, 239762, etc.

Is the training kit wrong, or is there a way to do this?

thanks in advance,

Art

0
aomalley (4)

Hi Art,

That is an unfortunate documentation error in the Training Kit.  The
services should run under the Local System account.

Hope this helps.
--
Scott Schnoll
Microsoft

purposes only.

"Art O'Malley" <aomalley@firstam.com_nospam> wrote in message
> In Chapter 3 of the MS Press Training Kit "Implementing and Managing
> Microsoft Exchange Server 2003", there are instructions for changing the
> Exchange Services to run under a domain account (with appropriate group
> memberships and rights) rather than the default Local System account for
> security & auditing purposes.
>
> However, I could not start the services after making the change and
> reviewed
> several articles stating that only the Local System account will work - KB
> Articles 271920, 239762, etc.
>
> Is the training kit wrong, or is there a way to do this?
>
> thanks in advance,
>
> Art

0
scschnol (128)

New account with new Domain
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I am trying to set up a new entourage email account using a new recently purchased domain. I am putting in mail@domainname.com for incoming and out going mails but when i verify details it tells me both are not right. Do I have to have set up the hosting for the website before being able to set up the email account or do I need to set up the email address at somewhere like GMail first and then will I be able to do it???? Any help appreciated. > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this f...

Negative Net worth after adding a Mortgage account
Money is now calculating my net worth as negative, This occurred after I added my home mortgage to 2004. Shouldn't my home be an asset, even though technically I have a mortgage? Can anyone shed light on this? Tony Yes, your home should be an asset and there is an account type, interestingly enough called asset account, designed just to handle this. Read more in online help. The Money Loan setup wizard should have asked you about setting one up. "Tony Lisanti" <ajlisanti@optonline.net> wrote in message news:mkmb10hro61seu4h9m4hpjp91kbk1o7egq@4ax.com... > Mo...

Accounting templates
Are there templates to do accounting worksheets (trial balances, income statements, do adjustments) and the like? I am using Excel 2000 Kaye Browse through the Excel section of the MS Template Gallery. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 09:59:05 -0800, "Kaye" <Kaye@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Are there templates to do accounting worksheets (trial balances, income >statements, do adjustments) and the like? I am using Excel 2000 ...

Can't use Outlook
How can I cancel my account with Outlook? Because I can't use this software anymore we have installed Lotus Notes as a source of email and etc. Please notify me and let me know how to cancel this account. Please I counld go to far with it because I never knew the server to finish my account. Thanks Chuck OL only has accounts you set up Tools/Options/Accounts simply delete unwanted accounts. If you no longer use OL, uninstall. I'm assuming yr refering to OL not OLExpress Remember to set yr Internet Options to point to yr new email app David "chuck" <anonymous@dis...

Use this corrective pack
--yakqhoalwsgfqy Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="gncfpnkvjebqahyk"; type="multipart/alternative" --gncfpnkvjebqahyk Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="fsjbiivoclajvlz" --fsjbiivoclajvlz Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Client this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now...

Outlook blocking our own domain
This problem just appeared up this week. SBS 2003 Premium. Exchange 2003. About 30 clients running Outlook 2003, and a couple using Outlook 2007. One user (the owner) using Outlook 2003 has had half a dozen or so emails from within our company sent to his Junk Email folder by Outlook. I set our domain as a safe sender and it shows up in the safe senders list as "@ourdomain.net". Following the examples they use, I tried adding just "ourdomain.net" (no @) but it doesn't appear to be showing up on the list, even after restarting Outlook. Any idea why our domain w...

Is it normal when the sever's response is "service unavailable"
Just set up my new Outlook address for home use but when I sent a message I got an error message stating : No respones and server is unavailable try again later. Does that mean I did not set up well? When you say you set up for home use, are you trying to pull work email from home? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "may" wrote: > Just set up my new Outlook address for home use but when I sent a message I > got an error message stating : No respones and server is unavailable try > again later. Does that me...

Moving mailboxes from 5.5 to 2K in different domain
Hello, If anyone could give me some quick tips on what method to use to migrate mailboxes from a 5.5 box to a 2000 box that is in a different domain I would greatly appreciate it. We have built a fresh W2K domain and will be migrating our production NT4 domain. In testing, I have successfully replicated all users, groups, and computers to the new W2K domain using the active directory migration tool. The old/new domains currently have a full 2-way trust established. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks, JW If you migrate the accounts successfully then the users will all be in t...

trying to start a service with VBScript on Win7
Hello: I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium. I have a service which is set to manual -- I only need to run it when I'm doing development and thus not take up resources. At any rate, none of the previous scripts I have, nor the samples from the ScriptCenter will start this script. When I try to make a batch file, from command line I get: [SC] StartService: OpenService FAILED 5: Access is denied. From searching on Google, I guess this is a permission problem but since the home premium flavor of Windows 7 doesn't come with GPEdit, I'm at a loss what to do. Is...

Using labels in EXCEL 2007
I have app 400 names in Col B row 1 down to row 400 of my spreadsheet. I would like to transfer that info to "paper labels" Anyone know how? Thanks "pcor" <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F98982B9-75BD-4A9D-85AD-2C28BC9408EA@microsoft.com... >I have app 400 names in Col B row 1 down to row 400 of my spreadsheet. > I would like to transfer that info to "paper labels" > Anyone know how? > Thanks You ask "Anyone know how" Of course someone here knows how! I don't have your answer, b...

Splitting 2007 for use on 2003
I split my database on a personal laptop running 2007. now I need to put the be on a network drive (with runtime) that I cannot hook the laptop to.. I tried to save as 2003 format, so I could split it on a networked computer, but many forms etc didn't work. I read the post from "Lateral" and the response(s). "The code to re-link tables can be found here: http://www.mvps.org/access/tables/tbl0009.htm And, the code to popup the file browse dialog can be found here: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0001.htm So, between the two above routines, in a short time you can c...

Error using MOP/POP link
GP v8.0 When attempting to create a purchase order using the MOP/POP link feature, users are occasionally getting a message saying "This transaction is being edited by another user". 1. The user hits "Create PO" from the MOP/POP link screen. 2. The PO Entry screen comes up with a new PO#. 3. User gets message saying "transaction is being edited by another user" You then cannot do anything with the PO, and if you repeat the result is the same. Any ideas? ...

Can't use calculated field for row or column area in Beta 2007
When a new calculated field 'calcfield' is created, a 'SIGMA values' is added to the column-labels-area, and a 'sum of 'calcfield' is added to the values-area. But I want to use the new field in the row-labels-area, and it is impossible to move the new field to that destination. When I read books about Pivot tables for Excel 2003, it looks like the calculated fields should behave like other fields in this respect. Do I see over some checkmark? When you create a calculated field in Excel 2003, it can only be placed in the data area. If there are multiple...

UNC Path using DNS alias (CNAME) on local server doesn't work
I have many windows server 2003 servers. On all of our file shares/SQL servers we use CNAMES for easy DR changes and testing. Primarily we only use DNS aliases from clients to the servers We installed a new app that has a database of UNC locations. The app uses these locations to do some file copies. The problem seems to be that the server itself cannot access the \\myalias\myshare from itself. Extremely strange. When i try to go to run and type this UNC path using the alias on the server itself i get prompted with a username/password dialog. Any credentials i enter here fail. we a...

How does AD tie a joining PC with a pre-staged computer account?
On our network, we only want a select group of desktop managers joining PCs to the domain. In addition to that, we want those managers REQUESTING to have those machines joined before they actually do so. This is because we have problems with some desktop managers moving machines around without telling us, losing track of assets, and so on. We're planning on having an automated network registration, so we're not planning on making everyone's life hell, but they will have to jump through a few hoops to get on a publically routable network and so on. I have a decent id...

No account number shown in printed checks
Using Money 2007 Deluxe. Printed a series of checks from MS Mmoney this morning, but the account numbers didn't print on the checks. Each of the payees has an account number entered in the appropriate place, in the "Go to Payees" detail listing. Can't figure out what's going on here! Thanks for any assistance. Dave On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 08:37:03 -0700, Dave M. <DaveM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Using Money 2007 Deluxe. > >Printed a series of checks from MS Mmoney this morning, but the account >numbers didn't print on the checks. Each of...

How do i enable domain user access from the internet to CRM ?
Hi I want to access CRM from external subnets, and log in to the web interface with a domain user account, no need for SSL, this is a test server where execs from the HQ need to access. I dont want to have to use VPN for this. When i type in the IP of the external interface of our router from the outside with port :5555 - ex http://25.25.25.25:5555, it prompts for credentials but doesnt accept domain.local\user nor domain\user, it just says HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized: Access is denied. IIS settings havent been modified, and are default install. Is there anyway to do this ? Thank ...

CRM 1.2 Installation Error 800700B7 unable to Configure Web Services
Hi, I have followed the steps and pre-requisites in the Installation guide, however, every time I have tried to install the productl, I get a message stating "Setup was unable to install CRM Server. Setup was unable to configure the Web Services that are using ASP.NET. Cannot create a file when that file already exists (800700B7). Can somebody please help me with this? I am unable to use the product because of this error, as the installation does not complete all of the necessary steps. Thank you in advance. CM not sure if you are using windows 2000 server or not, but I had a sim...

Wrong colors keep printing when I use publisher. Why?
Can't seem to figure this out. Green prints out as purple, blue prints out as green...why? How can I correct it? It is probably your printer driver. What version Publisher? Are other applications printing okay? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "BA1976" <BA1976@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3DEE307-6C6C-4FF7-BAC4-CF816DB47C8B@microsoft.com... > Can't seem to figure this out. Green prints out as purple, blue prints out as > green...why? How can I correct it? Thanks!...

Re-assign account issues - MSFT Employees & MSCRM Partners
Scenario: Sales rep leaves the company - accounts need to be shuffled around - some to new rep and some to other reps - typical account realignment - happens in just about any sales org (for many reasons)nothing unique about this - I reassign accounts and of course any items/objects that are not completed, closed, etc...move with the account to the now owner - as it should - Any cases with a resolved status - stay with the respective case owner - as it should - makes sense, right? - The big problem comes in here and it makes no sense - Orders, Opportunities, Quotes, and Appointment activities ...

Problem with data using IF and Nested IF statements possibly???
Afternoon All I am attempting to analyse data from multiple worksheets from numerous people the incoming data all has one thing in common column A this is a certain frequency a job is done. The problem is that there are many ways of entering the data ie 12 months or 52 weeks or 365 days all essentially meaning the same thing. My idea is to collate the data in col A and then using the Helper column as the standard frequencies ie if cell A1 = 12 months, closes frequency in helper is 52 weeks therefore value in C1 = 52 weeks. By using an IF statement I can change the value of one frequen...

Creating local user account remotely
Hi all I am working on a way to remotely create a local user account on one W2k3 server from W2k3 another server on a non-AD environment. For example, from server A, I will create a new account onto Server B remotely. Found this script from google but has an issue with it. '--------------------8<---------------------- ' name of user to be created sNewUser = "dummy" ' name of the group the user is to be added to sGroupname = "Administrators" ' get computer name Set oWshNet = CreateObject("WScript.Network" ) sComputerName =...

Change Folder View When Using an Iframe to Display a Folder Contents
When an iFrame is being used to display the contents of a folder on a machine, is it possible to use VBScript to change the view of the folder? I've got a iFrame whose source is changed via VBScript, but when it changes the folder shows Icons. I'd rather view the folder Details instead. I don't know for sure, but I don't know of any way to access that setting in an open window. As personal settings they're not designed to be changeable by software. (Actually they're not very well designed to be changed by persons, either, but that's another story...

Using different version of SQL Server for Test and Production
We are upgrading our Production CRM environment from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2K5. For an unknown amount of time, our Test environment will still be running SQL Server 2000. Is it possible to successfully import customizations into a SQL Server 2K5 evironment from a SQL Server 2000 environment? Has anyone ever tried this? Thank you, Terry M. Yes, Microsoft CRM customization in v3.0 can be import/export between environment running either SQL Server 2000/2005 (both are supported by v3.0). Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "Terry M." wrote: >...

how to use StgOpenStorageEx
Hi all, when i use StgOpenStorageEx(L"C:\\myfile.xml", .... ), it work well but i use StgOpenStorageEx( lpszWFile, ), not work (see code below) any idea? i convert CString to WCHAR incorrect? void changeInfo(CString sFileName) { IPropertySetStorage *pPropSetStg = NULL; IPropertyStorage *pPropStg = NULL; PROPSPEC propspec; PROPVARIANT propWrite; PROPVARIANT propRead; HRESULT hr = S_OK; WCHAR* lpszWFile = new WCHAR[MAX_PATH]; CFile cFile; if ( cFile.Open(sFileName, CFile::modeRead) ) { sFileName = cFile.GetFilePath(); cFile.Close(); } else return; LPTSTR lpStr ...