users sending messages to themselves

Hello all,

I'm running a Exchange 2000 server w SP3 on W2K box w SP4.

I have some users who have this old habit of sending a copy of out going
message to themselves
when they compose a new message by cc or bcc or even To field.

I ask them not to do but they are still doing it. Is there a way (may be a
script or rule or anything in Exchange or third party software) to stop
this.
I was told by someone that there is nothing of that nature but I'm still not
convinced.

There's gotta be a way.

Thanks
Raj Bambrah

0
RBambrah (1)

Why not let them do whatever they damn well please?

Raj Bambrah wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm running a Exchange 2000 server w SP3 on W2K box w SP4.
>
> I have some users who have this old habit of sending a copy of out going
> message to themselves
> when they compose a new message by cc or bcc or even To field.
>
> I ask them not to do but they are still doing it. Is there a way (may be a
> script or rule or anything in Exchange or third party software) to stop
> this.
> I was told by someone that there is nothing of that nature but I'm still not
> convinced.
>
> There's gotta be a way.
>
> Thanks
> Raj Bambrah

0
kpalagin1 (1216)

Some OWA users cant login but some can
We upgraded to Exchange 2003 from 5.5 and rolled out OWA. Some of the users can access the OWA system, But some cant. What should I check? Are the mailboxes all on 2003 yet? Are you still in mixed mode? How long ago did you migrate the mailboxes? I've experienced a similar situation where I needed to wait for either SRS or the ADC to replicate information for migrated mailbox before OWA could be used. This took up to an hour sometimes. Also, did you check the permissions of the user account to make sure they have access to OWA? I am having the same issue. It has been 3 weeks f...

outlook 2007 no problem receiving email but problem sending
I have no problem sending and receiving emails when connected at work but from home, I can receive new messages but there is a problem sending. I get the message Sending reported error 0x80042109. Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue receiving this message contact your server administrator or ISP. Any ideas please. Thanks, Charlie Have you verified with your corporate mail admin already that the settings have been correct for usage outside of the company network and if this is indeed fully supported by your corporation? If so,...

Send direct e-mail to customers
When I try to send direct e-mail (by clicking on the send direct email on the actions bar) I can get as far as choosing my template, but when I click send i get the following error message: "The Bulk E-Mail Service is not running" How do I start this service? Hi James, Check the services. Right-click on My computer -> manage -> Services and Applications -> Services. Search for Mcirosoft CRM Bulk email service -> start. Hope this helps! Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products E-mail: crm@inogic.com Web: www....

Removing Exchange User Attributes and the ADC
We merged an ADMTv2 created user account with an ADC created Contact, rather that the ADC created Disabled User. We would now like to get rid of the user account's association with the Contact info and merge the user account w/the ADC Disabled user; however, when we try to do that - using the ADClean util. - ADClean tells us we cannot as the user account is already mail enabled. Removing the existing Exchange Attributes on the users account suggests its self, however, when we go to do that all sorts of warnings come up (I'm somewhat familiar with the issues but need more insi...

Content in user's calendar different than other calendars
Good morning from Wisconsin, In our network, one user's calendar is not seeing the same events/ notes as everyone else. The updates that he puts in don't get pushed out to the shared calendars, and he can see some of the updates that other users put into the shared calendars but not all updates. It appears as if his calendars won't update beyond a date somewhere in the neighborhood of about three weeks ago. However, he can send/ receive email from the server just fine. The clients are all running Outlook 2003 and log into Active Directory on a Windows SBS 2003 box running Exch...

how to check if a user exists in a particular OU/Group from java?
Using Java's LDAP protocol, how to check if a user exists in a particular OU/Group ? I have one approach in which, get the distinguishedName for this user and then remove the first CN part (username). This will be left with OU part. Now check if this OU matches with the given OU. But does not sound like a perfect solution to me. Any other better approaches? Regards, Shivaraj Shivaraj, I would suggest posting to AD Newsgroup as this is related to AD not Exchange. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2010 Microsoft Certified Partner "shivaraj" ...

outlook sending problems
Hi, I am having problems in sending out emails using outlook 2002. From time to time, outlook reports that the mail was failed to be sent with an error code "0x80040109", and the email stays at the Outbox. However, the email receipient will still RECEIVE the email sometimes. This is really annoying as I keep resending emails when the error occurs, which creates a flooding to the receipient. I did remove all the add-in according to the only suggestion I could find through google. The problem still exists. I switched to Outlook 2003, no luck, though I don't see the error...

Corrupted user profile.. how to get back to old name?
Running XP Pro at work. Login through a domain on Win2003SBS. I login with my name ssetnicky and password. We only use the server to store data really, it pushes out antivirus to all the machines, and we can access our accounting software's database which resides on the server. Each one of us has our own login and we're a member of the administrators group. My local computer's profile got corrupted around March 24th. When I logged on it looked as if I was viewing XP for the first time.. the little take a tour icon popped up, none of my quicklaunch icons were there, e...

Calendar/address book: sharing folder with only 1 .PST for n users
I'm going to share a folder on my file server for ten specific users where I create unique .PST file. For example I create test.pst and I assign full rights to this one for my 10 users. For every client, can I link MS Outlook to test.pst ? In this way I could use ONLY sharing calendar and Address book ? I'm not interesting to use mailbox on this pst, because for mailboxes I can use local pst for each machine. "Riccardo" <ric.castellani@alice.it> wrote in message news:990c53ca-cae4-4146-ace7-fec4287c7771@m73g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > I'm going to share a fo...

Message Filtering on MS Outlook 2000
Hi I'm Leo I have a problen on my MS Outlook Message Filtering, this is the scenario. User A sends a message to User B (inside my organisation) and User C (outside) then the message goes to User B Inbox, then User C replies to User B and the message goes to Junk Folder. This is not usually heppening when User C sends Email on User B, normally it goes to User B inbox. We have a Rule that filters the Email Address of the sender so I think that the MS Outlook filters the message thats why it goes to Junk Folder. My question is how did MS Outlook filters messages even if we do not have Rul...

My OL 2000 will not open-get error message
I have MS Office Premium-all of the other programs work. When I try to open OL2000 I get the the error msg. MS Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. I removed MS Office Premium and re-installed it-same problem. I also clicked repair from Control Panel-same problem. -- Roma Does it work correctly when trying to start Outlook in Safe Mode? Start-> Run; outlook.exe /safe For additional troubleshooting steps see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www...

Calendar dates in all users outlook
G'Day All, I am running E2K and all users are running Outlook XP on their desktops. Without visiting all users computers how can I update all users' Outlook Calendar to show the days/dates the office will be closed? Thanks I have the same problem. The only workaround I could find was to send out an email meeting invitation to everyone and instruct them to click accept (which they eagerly do if it's a holiday). If you find a better way let me know! Chris ...

HTML is being converted to text in outlook messages
I have a mixed environment of Exchange 2k3 SP2, and Exchange 5.5 SP4. Currently, the Ex5.5 server is acting as the bridgehead, so all inbound/outbound mail passes through the IMC on that box. My problem is with HTML content within emails. I recieve the messages ok (they are displayed as HTML), but when I forward them, the email loses the HTML content, and displays it in plain text. I have checked the "HTML" box setting in the IMC on the Ex5.5 bridghead server. Is there anywhere else that this needs to be enabled? Any help is appreciated. On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 09:20:31 -080...

duplicate messages #3
Each time I click "send/receive", the same two email messages are sent to my inbox. If i clik three times, the two messages will drop into my inbox for a total of six messages! Understand, i do not have "save messages on the server" selected. I have uninstalled and reinstalled outlook twice with to no avail? Suggestions? Happens to me too. My ISP said it is poorly written spam that fails to complete sending properly, so Outlook times out without completing the task of downloading including recognising what has already been downloaded and what has not. Why can&#...

Message Tracking Center not functioning
The Message Tracking Center has been working fine for many months, however today I tried to use it and received the error message: "The tracking database on SERVER_NAME is not available or the message has left the Exchange organization. Facility: Microsoft Exchange Management ID no: c1032751 Microsoft Exchange Management I've tried turning tracking off and on under the ESM server properties. I've tried changing the folder location (I hopes it reset something). The permissions on the SERVER_NAME.log folder appear to be open for Administrators. Also looking at the tracking ...

Outlook cannot 'send' email????????
Hi Suddenly (it was working a few days ago) my Outlook 2003 on windows XP cannot 'send' email. It gets a permissions error. I have no problem downloading email, I can even add new contacts and appointments to the Outlook servers but emails will not go. I do not have this problem in Outlook 2001 for Mac or on another Windows XP box with Outlook 2003 and as I said it was working fine on this machine until a few days ago. Does anyone have any ideas????? Robin What is the exact error? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ...

Outlook constantly sends Phantom email
Running Outlook XP, I have no messages in outbox yet there is a 'sending message 1 of 1' indicator. It shows up every time it checks for new mail. I get a mail send error each time after it times out. Is this some sign of virus? Jerry <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Running Outlook XP, I have no messages in outbox yet > there is a 'sending message 1 of 1' indicator. It shows > up every time it checks for new mail. I get a mail send > error each time after it times out. > > Is this some sign of virus? More likely it's an undeliv...

How do I COMPLETELY change a user name?
Hello, I'm trying to change a user name from JohnSmith to JohnJones. I thought I had changed it properly as it appears as user JohnJones but when they send email, etc...it is still from JohnSmith. What am I forgetting? Thank you in advance, Jack In ADUC. right click on the user object and select "Rename" . That should show up the field that did not get flipped.... "Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37C7F16C-84C1-4B45-834F-33778CD6A8B4@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I'm trying to change a user name from JohnSmith ...

New task item for bunch of users to fill in a survey
Created a survey to be filled in by a bunch of users. How can I assign a task item for each of them with the least effort from my part, so they know to fill in the survey? I was thinking of filling a list with all the usernames, then start a workflow that creates the tasks having the "Assigned To" filled in by the list. Is this the right approach, or is there another/easier way I overlook? ~Hans ...

Can't send attachments #3
Whenever I try to send any attachment, Outlook 2003 won't finish the send 'task'. There are no other programs running that would restrict this. Messages without Attachments send OK though. How can I fix this? ...

Outlook Connector 12.1
I have installed Outlook Connector 12.1 (12.0.6423) in Outlook 2003. I was able to download all the email messages from my Hotmail account into Outlook, but several of them have severely truncated subject lines, while others do not. Also, several of these messages have excessive extra line breaks, even when the window states "Extra line breaks in this message were removed." I cannot find a pattern to this. The subject lines and line breaks are complete and normal when viewed via Hotmail. I tried the 'repair Outlook Connector' feature via "Control Panel...

Attachment sending and receiving limits
Hi, I am using Exchange 2003 Server. Where do I configure the size limit for how large of an attachments a person can sending and receiving . Thanks. Mitch - Limits are for message size as a whole - on Global Settings | Message Delivery | Defaults | Sending message zie, Receiving message size (same for all practical purposes, lowest of the 2 will be used) - On SMTP Connector - Content Restrictions - Allowed sizes - On SMTP Virtual Sever - Properties | Messages - Limit message size to (KB) -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog -----------------------------...

messages location
***please help*** due to unknown problem, my newly installed motherboard screwed up my windows XP boot. Where can I find messages from outlook (I have the new hard disk) so I could copy them and later import? Also, does anyone know how to make a hard disk bootable other than reformatting it in XP setup? super thanks! There is a specific procedure to follow if you have replaced a mobo, to prevent problems http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315341 Not sure what/why yr trying to achieve with hd OL data installed in *pst files, a hidden file "pla" <anony...

Problem Exporting Messages from OE
Hi, I am trying to export messages from Outlook Express. I have done this before, but now I am having problems getting the process to work. I click File, Export, Messages.... but it then replies, "This will export messages from Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Exchange". I click Ok and nothing happens? I thought it would ask me for a Profile, but it does not. Can anyone please help? Thanks, Meeker Configured Outlook already with a valid default delivery location? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook I...

Messages sitting in outbox #2
When sending a message, email goes to Outbox and sits there until you click on the outbox folder. Also, messages arrive in blocks on 3 or 4 whenever you touch any other folders. They do not arrive automatically until some action is performed on the client. I found that by disabling ISA Firewall Client problem goes away. Secondly it you add Outlook.exe in ISA configuration to the applications to be ignored by ISA FC, outlook works fine again. However, after this you can not receive all of the imbedded pictures which my customers want to see. So, can anyone tell me what I am missing in ...