Users requiring multiple mailboxes

We are currently running NT server 4.0 and Exchange 5.5. I have joined this orginization just recently and the method they have used to create Calendars for things like resources and rooms has been to create a new mailbox and then assign staff permission to the mailboxes

This means that nearly everyone has at least 5 or 6 mailboxes associated to there Outlook profile. On top of this they do the same for each new "group" e-mail they want created i.e. info@abc.com, request@abc.com etc. I believe this is so they can send on behalf of

I believe in using Public Folders which they barely use. Is there a way that you can use the Public Folder more in this situation

Also we will be moving to Server 2003 and Exchange 2003 in the new year. Should we wait before making corprate changes?
0
anonymous (74722)

Multiple Outlook Clients
Hi, ive a short question about the outlook client. Weve just installed three CRM 3.0 Servers in our Company. I would like to integrate them alltogether in my outlook. Is it possible to install three outlook clients on one machine. The Setup application says no - but is there a workaround? regards Andreas Doubt it "Auderer Andreas" <Auderer Andreas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADA92C1F-382D-4E57-863A-66DEDF3E10C2@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > ive a short question about the outlook client. Weve just installed three > CRM > 3.0 Servers in o...

User Security Report shows accessible items as non-a
Hi, Tech Knowledge 37004 details a problem with User Security Report. It is not scheduled for a fix. I am able to fix the window security by individually checking off the problem windows and then selecting MARK ALL. I have not tested this at a Class level yet and also have been unable to get it to work for Integration Manager file access. My questions: 1) Has anyone come up with a solution to this issue, perhaps at the Report Writer level. 2) Why does sa not have access the the Alternate Great Plains Windows and Reports? What is the difference in these windows/reports? thx, Doug T...

Help! Help content lost (links to 2010?)
When I try to get online Help from Word, I see a page which has the new Office logo for 2010. The framework for Help is provided, but there is no content under any of the headings. ("No results available"). This was from a VBA page, so I was seeking Word Developer help. If I right-click the title "Word Developer Help" and paste the URL property, I get: http://office2010.microsoft.com/client/helphome.aspx?lcid=3081&NS=WINWORD%2EDEV&Version=12 But I'm running Office 2007. I also have Office 2003 installed. How can I get help for Word 2007? Fur...

How can I allow other users to make changes in a shared workbook
I have everything set up properly and other users cannot make and save changes in a shared workbook. Any suggestions? What happens when they try to make changes? If the worksheet is protected (and that's what is stopping them, unshare the workbook, unprotect the worksheet, unlock the cells that should be able to be changed, reprotect the worksheet, reshare the workbook and try it again.) What happens when they try to save? (I don't have a guess here.) yourdisplayname@discussions.microsoft.co wrote: > > I have everything set up properly and other users cannot make and save...

exchange 5.5 owa cann't logon in mailbox
when I use owa to logon,the www publish service and IIS admin service will stop response.I have to restart the IIS.But after restart , the first time I can logon in mailbox,and then fail again.My user use ms outlook 2003,the mail server is exchange 5.5.I have installed KB818709,but it doesn't work, most of the time,I can only open the logon.asp page,can't logon to mailbox.Please help me. error message: Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0115' Unexpected error /iisHelp/common/500-100.asp A trappable error (C0000005) occurred in an external object. The script cannot con...

Multiple Numbers on ONE Label
I have several thousand labels I need to print. I would like to put up to 4 part numbers on each label (Avery 5164). These labels will placed on boxes that hold product. Some labels may only get 2 or 3 part numbers per label depending on size of the part. My part numbers are classified as S,M,L. Can this be done? Example... ABC123 - small ABC234 - large (max 2 numbers per label) ABC345 - small ABC456 - med (max 3 numbers per label) BCD123 - small BCD234 See: Print a Quantity of a Label at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-39.html The article assumes you have a Q...

mailbox store not mounting
Hello; I'm trying to prepare disaster/recovery documentation. We laso have a test exchange server I have been experimenting with. The problem I am having is as follows: Public and private info stores wont mount. Micrsoft Information Store Service is running though. During my experimentation....I did a full backup about 5 days ago. After the backup, I dismounted the databases and deleted them. I performed a restoral according to Computer Associates documentation. After the restoral, the databases mounted without any problems. I than moved the databases, transaction log files and to...

OWA Password change- Uniqueness requirements not met
yWe have configured OWA to use SSL and enabled the Change Password feature. When users attempt to change their password, the receive a message that “Either the password is too short or uniqueness requirements have not been met” Great pains have been taken to ensure that all password uniqueness requirements are met. The domain password policy has had uniqueness requirements disabled. Any recommendations or ideas? Windows Server 2003 SP1, Exchange V. 6.5 SP2 When was the change made to the GP? Did you force an update? Nue "Miranda" <Miranda@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

New users not showing in global address list
We have a new network installed with an Exchange Server 2003 installed at head office and three Server 2003 geographic sites. When we create a new user at Head Office, the user can log on at the remote site but their email address does not appear in the global address list. It seems that all the users we created on Day 1 appear in the Global Address List but any new additions don't. To my thinking, Active Directory is being replicated across the sites because the users can Log In and get authenticated at the other sites. What am I missing regarding the "update" of the Gl...

Look for
Dears, How can we change the default settings of my look for under: Activities->New Activity as Email -> To (lookup) when i click on lookup it pop-up a windows as Look for and the drop down list will show Account,Contact,Lead,Queueand User. here the default is Account. But i would like to change the default as Users since we are not using account module. Your early response will be much appriciated. Many thanks In advance. Syed. Syed - try this in the onload event for the email form: // script to set the 'To' field to default to the user entity if (crmForm.all.to != nul...

Modifying user defined data type
Hi How can I modify a user defined data type which is assigned to several fields across db? Thanks Regards You can't, I'm afraid. -- Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp http://sqlblog.com/blogs/tibor_karaszi "John" <info@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:#IntyI3xKHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi > > How can I modify a user defined data type which is assigned to several > fields across db? > > Thanks > > Regards > > > Basically, what Tibor...

Forwarding to Multiple addresses
Is it possible to automatically forwarding incoming internet email to multiple Internal email addresses in Exchange 2003 and if so does anyone know the procedure? Regards, Mark 1. If existing user, you can forward to Distribution Group (user properties | Exchange General | Delivery) 2. If not an existing user, you could also create a Distribution Group and assign it the (common) email address Forwarding will not distinguish between internet email and internal email - all email will be forwarded. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Mark" <cana...

If "yes" then require data in another field
I have two fields on a form: one a "check box" and another a "combo list" If the check box = Yes, then I want the field for the combo list to require data. I can make it go the field that I want the date inserted, but I cannot seem to figure out how to make it mandatory for the user to insert data from the drop down list if the check box = yes. Use the Exit event of the ComboBox and Cancel = True If Len(Me.ComboBox & "") = 0 Sheryl wrote: >I have two fields on a form: one a "check box" and another a "combo list" > >If t...

Clarification on EWS/Exchange 2007 free/busy issue
Clarification: Free/busy is denied to any user that has been granted specific access to a user's calendar when EWS is used to add/change a permission for a person or group. If the user is a member of a security group listed with access to the calendars, all users in the group will be denied access to free/busy to the calendar. We've discovered that when a user uses EWS (version 13.0.3) to modify calendar permissions (Exchange 2007) on his/her calendar that this causes an issue where the free/busy info is no longer available to any user listed/granted specific access to the u...

Splitting a single row into multiple copies
I have a very weird situation that I'm hoping some of you might have seen (and possibly resolved). We're migrating data from one system to another and the business rules have changed. System 1 allowed a user to create a record for an item with a quantity > 1. System 2 doesn't permit a quantity > 1 for certain items. Is there a way to create multiple rows in the source table (or an intermediate table) based on a list of item types which are not allowed to have a quantity > 1? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Joel ...

Attaching multiple files from ouside Outlook 2003
I'm running Outlook 2003 (non SP1) on all of my PCs. Outlook is configured on all PCs to use only HTML for emails (it's the default, anyways). If I attach 2 or more files (simultaneously) from windows explorer (using the "send to mail recipient), the email comes up as plain text. This happens on all clients. If only one file is attached, or if you attach multiple files *from the outlook email window itself*, then the email comes up as HTML, which is correct. We're using a document management system (DocsOpen) and it is not easy for my users to save each document to the desktop...

Single e-mail from list serve delivered to multiple mailboxes
Is there a way in Exchange 2003 to take a single e-mail from a outside mailing list and have it delivered to more than one mailbox without using rules? Thanks in advance, Harry Harry Zahlis wrote: > Is there a way in Exchange 2003 to take a single e-mail from a outside > mailing list and have it delivered to more than one mailbox without > using rules? > > Thanks in advance, > > Harry Sure, subscribe to the list using an address assigned to a distribution list/group that has the required mailboxes as members. Lanwench - Your suggestion got me to the right place. ...

trying to get day/month/year froamt while user enters year only
I am trying to get the end user to enter the year in question and then have the document return values in column A in dd/mmm/yyyy format and column B in Day of week format for all days in that year You would just use something like =DATE(2006,1,ROW()) copied down, but I am not clear where the year number is stored, and when the flip to column B happens. -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "RADIOOZ" <RADIOOZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A7C3C6F-8AEE-487F-8ADF-62F2234C3858@microsoft.com... > I ...

Upgrading MS CRM 3.0 to MS CRM 4.0
We have an MS CRM 3.0 setup and running well for quite long time. We would like to upgrade it to MS CRM 4.0. Current setup is, 1. Lot of reports added & customized for user needs 2. Lot of entities added & customized for user needs 3. Lot of forms added & customized for user needs 4. Lot of custom developed pages added (developed in ASP.NET 1.1). Of course it's running on separate site but integrated inside the MS CRM 3.0 (so typically used MS CRM 3.0 service calls) 5. Lot of Stored Procedure's & View's added 6. Customized the settings based on user needs My do...

Safe way to exchange Users folder to another HD
Hi all, windows 7 pro x64 in a tiny SSD (C: with OS)(30 Gb) another normal HD (E: with data)(500 Gb). is there any safe way to move all C:\users to e.g. E:\Users and not having a pain in the a... with problems of: "not found", "impossible to add new users", etc. could be fine a step by step guide of how to do it, and thing that not has to be done. Thanks, Corsair. Corsair wrote: > windows 7 pro x64 in a tiny SSD (C: with OS)(30 Gb) another normal > HD (E: with data)(500 Gb). > > is there any safe way to move all C:\users to e.g. E:\U...

Multiple Possibilitiy formula (IF or Table or Array)
Using XL 2000 work 2003 home Need easiest way to formula"ize" the following: Column (A) is the linked-cell value in an XL dropdown box. Column (B) is the value that column (A) needs to be converted to to upload to MS Access. Description (A) (B) Strongly Agree 2 4 Agree 3 3 Disagree 4 2 Strongly Disagree 5 1 No knowledge 6 0 (No Answer) 7 0 Therefore, the selection of "Strongly Agree" causes the linked dropdown box to equal 2 in column (A). I need the (B) value to equal 4 ...

Multiple Countif ?
I want to award point for certain daily activities Say 1 point for having done a great job say 0 points for having done a regular job say -1 (minus 1) point for a bad job IN a table I would use "G" for great, "R: for regular, and "B" for bad, these would be inserted on a daily basis. Basically I want a running tally at the end of the collum to see where each team member is at in terms of points. Thank You How is your data laid out in the spreadsheet? The layout will determine the way to count the points. For instance: column A might hold the person's name,...

Is it possible to chart series data from multiple rows in a table?
I am trying to chart a series of data from multiple rows - ref the following table: YEAR JAN FEB MAR APR MAY JUN JUL AUG SEP OCT NOV DEC 1992 164278 164864 164221 165084 165920 166544 167284 168184 170158 170859 171531 173598 1993 175683 174121 172829 176710 178999 178772 180987 180996 182227 183233 185266 186538 1994 185948 188562 191756 192275 191300 193606 194229 196568 197876 200281 200301 201139 Can this be done without reformating the table? If so how? Thanks in advance for your help! Rule of thumb: If you spend five minutes fixing up your data, you will save five hours of frustr...

internal users not recognized in Exchange
We have an intermittant problem with some users. Another user will try to forward mail or reply to a meeting request and the mail will get bounced back as unser unknown in our system. This seems to be happening to certain users, but not all the time. It is generally consistant between the same sender and receiver. The sender can send the mail if s/he manually types in the address rather than using the default from the global address book. Any ideas? ...