Users not showing up??

I'm having trouble adding users and mailboxes in Exchange 2003. My Exchange
2003 box is connected to a Windows 2003 DC. On the Exchange box, whenever I
add a user in the Active Directory, it shows up as an account, and all the
Exchange tabs are assigned to the user....however under Exchange System
Manager no mailbox is created...even though I've run Exchange Tasks in the AD
on that same box. Is it because I have to somehow sync the AD on the Exchange
box to the DC, or is it something else? Please help!!
0
ScottS833 (16)

On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 15:42:02 -0700, "Scott S."
<ScottS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I'm having trouble adding users and mailboxes in Exchange 2003. My Exchange
>2003 box is connected to a Windows 2003 DC. On the Exchange box, whenever I
>add a user in the Active Directory, it shows up as an account, and all the
>Exchange tabs are assigned to the user....however under Exchange System
>Manager no mailbox is created...even though I've run Exchange Tasks in the AD
>on that same box. Is it because I have to somehow sync the AD on the Exchange
>box to the DC, or is it something else? Please help!!

By design. Send a message to the mailbox or open it in Outlook and you
will see it in ESM.
0
adavid (8731)
8/8/2005 10:53:58 PM
Hi Andy,
Thank you so much, that solved the problem!!
-Scott

"Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 15:42:02 -0700, "Scott S."
> <ScottS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I'm having trouble adding users and mailboxes in Exchange 2003. My Exchange
> >2003 box is connected to a Windows 2003 DC. On the Exchange box, whenever I
> >add a user in the Active Directory, it shows up as an account, and all the
> >Exchange tabs are assigned to the user....however under Exchange System
> >Manager no mailbox is created...even though I've run Exchange Tasks in the AD
> >on that same box. Is it because I have to somehow sync the AD on the Exchange
> >box to the DC, or is it something else? Please help!!
>
> By design. Send a message to the mailbox or open it in Outlook and you
> will see it in ESM.

0
ScottS833 (16)

show columns on other worksheet without using formulas
Hi, I have 1 worksheet containing lot's records. Just like in access, each line is 1 record, and each column contains data. ex: WORKSHEET 1: name title address city 1 dfjw kjhk kjhkj kjhk 2 lmkj lkjlk lkjkuf guyg 3 drdtg xcx yjutuy hgyy Now I want to have a selection of columns on worksheet 2: ex, only name and title: WORKSHEET 2: name title 1 dfjw kjhk 2 lmkj lkjlk 3 drdtg xcx I will only add/modify rows in worksheet 1. And I want that this is filled automaticaly in worksheet...

User logon name: President #2
I've got another problem with my boss's account. His user name is President, but his Alias is f.e. AAA (email AAA.BBB@domena). Almost everything is working (OMA, OWA, exchange mail access), but when I'm trying to connect from Outlook 2003 using POP3 is saying that pop3 doesn't accept user name or password - President as well as AAA (alias). In other accounts this is working good. Is maybe President prohibited user name? Regards Filip ...

Combobox Showing Right Justified
I have a combobox where some of the items are longer than the listbox part of the combo. If the item text width selected is <= the combo width the item text displays correctly. However if the item text width is > the combo width then the item text shows as right justified cutting off the left portion of the item text. Anyway to resolve so you see the left not right side of the item text? Thanks David "David" <NoWhere@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:u4CH185xKHA.5576@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I have a combobox where some of the items are ...

PC-Charge user name.
How can I sync. Usernames "user1" at PC-Charge and register #1 at RMS. I can't charge the default user name "user1" at PC- Charge. Call verifone tech support and tell them you are setting up PC-Charge with RMS. They will issue you a complimentary additional user that you can call "1". You can find the number on the verifone web site.. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that al...

I use client ID #s. Some begin with 0. 0 needs to show
I am creating a client sheet. Some of the Client ID #s begin with Zero. How can I get the Zero to show? hi, you can format the cells as a text, hope this helps Regards from Brazil Marcelo "rmingle" escreveu: > I am creating a client sheet. Some of the Client ID #s begin with Zero. How > can I get the Zero to show? You can also use a custom format: Suppose you ID numbers have 7 character including the leading 0 then do this: Select the cell(s) Press Ctrl-1 In the numbers tab select custom. In the box "type" enter 7 zero's HTH "Marcelo" wr...

File Modified by Another User #2
I have recently upgraded my PC to Windows XP SP2 and am having a curious problem. When I attempt to save the file, I get a dialog box stating the file might have been modified by another user - do I wish to save a copy or overwrite changes. The workbook is not shared - however, it does reside on a Linux Samba share. But then again, it has always resided on the share. Only since the SP2 update, has this started happening: These are the steps I followed: 1. Opened Excel 2. Opened the file on the Samba share 3. Clicked SAVE 4. Got the dialog box asking to overwrite changes or s...

Calendar events and tasks are not showing in Outlook:Today.
My Calendar events or tasks are not showing in the Outlook:Today screen. It is blank. ...

Support of multiple users in Outlook?
Hi, Palm convert here with a question. In my Palm desktop I was able to separate my Notes, Calendar, Tasks, etc. from my wife as a separate user. We both had palm devices and each maintained separate schedules on our devices and on the desktop. How do we do that in Outlook? Thanks, John "John" <ljohnwu@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:u2bnY$0DGHA.3528@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Palm convert here with a question. > > In my Palm desktop I was able to separate my Notes, Calendar, Tasks, etc. > from my wife as a separate user. We both had palm ...

Use Outlook Client when domain user name different with email acco
Hello, I have a question about using Outlook Client. If the domain user login name is different with email account which belong to a same person, is it possible to install / login with the Outlook client? e.g domain user : degdom\apple email account: applewatson@deg.com One of my client is facing in this situation. I just want to have some preparation before install Outlook Client for him. Thanks for any help! Hi Huimc, It shouldn't be a problem if the AD user is the same used to start Outlook and connect to CRM. You may want to check the email adress in CRM if the ema...

Do Option Groups Offer an OTHER Option that Users Can Add Themselves?
Hello, I'm using Access 2003 on a novice level. I have a question about option groups. I'd like to know if it's possible to create a set of radio buttons, check boxes, and/or drop-down lists, with an OTHER option that lets the user enter a new value. I know that's possible with Filemaker Pro. If you enable the OTHER option, a popup window appears that lets you add a new item to the list. I'm not sure if that applies only to drop-down lists, but it has come in handy at times. Can it be done with Access? If so, what are the rudimentary steps to accomplishing this? Tha...

Don't show powershell in taskbar
I am running a powershell script through SCCM and it is appearing in the taskbar. Does anyone know how to hide the powershell windows from the displaying in the taskbar? command I am executing: powershell -NoProfile -Noninteractive -command ".\installer.ps1 installer.xml;exit $LASTEXITCODE" UG93ZXJTaGVsbCB2MiBoYXMgYSBXaW5kb3dTdHlsZSBwYXJhbWV0ZXI6DQoNCi1XaW5kb3dTdHls ZQ0KICAgIFNldHMgdGhlIHdpbmRvdyBzdHlsZSB0byBOb3JtYWwsIE1pbmltaXplZCwgTWF4aW1p emVkIG9yIEhpZGRlbi4NCg0KLS0gDQpSb2JlcnQ= PowerShell v2 has a WindowStyle parameter: -WindowStyle Sets the window st...

All i want is a 'User unknown'
Hello people, i'm pulling my hair out here. Situation: I need to change a setting on a Exchange 2000 server so that it gives a "550 User unknown" if that whould be the case. The (in my case) problem with exchange 2000 is that even though the user doesn't exists, it still accepts the message (to bounce it later on) This is what i want #### 220 mail.dmrt.net ESMTP Postfix --Don't make us annoy you-- 250 mail.dmrt.net mail from: me@mywork.org 250 Ok rcpt to: i-do-not-exist@dmrt.net 550 <i-do-not-exist@dmrt.net>: User unknown in local recipient table This is what ...

CHtmlView show server busy dialog
Hi all, i use ChtmlView to display html, sometimes use clicked into a hyperlink, it showed a ServerBusy dialog. How to hide that dialog? ...

copy a file to all users via a script instead of manually
I have a d:\users folder on my server. inside users, each user has a folder named with their name. inside each of those folders is a desktop folder. I have a file on the C drive that I need to copy to each of those desktop folders, thereby giving each user this shortcut. Does anyone have a script that could do that, instead of me copying this file manually a few hundred times? many thanks if you do! "Rich" <richjone@noemail.noemail> wrote in message news:5E68A580-FA4D-4B73-A548-0ED9D74AF34C@microsoft.com... > I have a d:\users folder on my server. inside...

Access 2007 Special Effect Text Box Won't show Sunken with Windows XP
Hi All I am just getting to grips with Access 2007 and one of the quirks I have found is that when I design using Windows in XP Windows-Classic colors and set the text boxes on forms' special effect property to "sunken" They appear as sunken in the correct manner. However, when I change to the Windows XP color scheme the forms text boxes appear flat even though the special effect property has not changed. Any ideas or is it a new quirk we have to live with. I haven't tried it with Vista yet. That should be interesting Thanks Bob I am quite sure this is the same for acce...

Install 3.0 Failed
I am in the process of installing 3.0 on a server. All of the inital checks are fine. I proceed to install and it fails with an error "Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.CreateSetupUserAction failed HRESULT 0x80040237" I searched the Knowledge Base and found KB 941498. I did what it said but got the following error for msxml2.dll - LoadLibrary("msxml2.dll") failed. The specified module could not be found. How do I go about getting XML 2 (the parser I'm guessing) when it hasn't be supported in years? Is there something else I can do? I am installing 3.0...

Recent update 6/8
I recently updated Windows (6/8) and now one of my user accounts is locked. Running XP. I had to use restore after today's updates -- dlg "CowsyW" wrote: > I recently updated Windows (6/8) and now one of my user accounts is locked. > Running XP. ...

Problems for offline users
Hi all We have a number of offline users that have recently started getting a message stating that "Once the names have been checked and underlined, click OK." which appears on a dialog box with the server name and mailbox name. The message appears every time the server attempts to connect. We are running Outlook 2003 connecting to Exchange 2003 sp2 on a Windows 2003. Online user don't appear to be affected. Thanks Gary Have you tried deleting and re-creating the profile? When you say offline users do you mean cached Exchange mode ala Outlook 2003? Are these users on...

New Paycheck showing running balance
I recently added a new paycheck and have only made two such deposits to my bank. My questions is: Why is the Report showing an opening balance? For example: Opening Balance: 1,581.85 Month Ending 01/31/06 01/20/2006 Deposit Paycheck -- 1,265.00 01/27/2006 Deposit Paycheck -- 1,265.00 Where is Money 2006 getting that initial 1,581.85 from? The running balance should only reflect the two deposits totaling 2,350.00, but it shows a total of 4,111.85. "Dal" <Dal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE60812C-6596-436A-9129-F6AB8495405D@microsoft.com... > ...

Access 2003 VB Code Export Query Failing with Access 2007 user
I have a set of excel export queries I created in an access 2003 DB. Now, some of my users have upgraded to Access 2007 and are running in to a "Parameter" error when the execute the "canned" excel export queries I created for them. My only presumption is that it is due to the fact that I have hardcoded the export function, to go to an Office 2003 Excel file, and for whatever reason, Access 2007 cannot handle this. This make sense? And if so, any suggestions? I suppose if there was an easy way to test what version of office/excel they are running, I could change...

External Email Permissions By Security Group/User Account?
Hi, I want to configure our Exchange 2003 server to only allow emailing external domains on a per user, or group basis (as we did previously with our Exchange 5.5 server). I added an SMTP connector to the routing group, and as a test, decided to instruct it to deny submission from myself.. Yet I can still send to whomever I wish. Any suggestions? Thanks, Darren Are you using Delivery Restrictions on the Connector? Did you enable restriction checking? Done by inserting the DWORD value "CheckConnectorRestrictions". Nee to restart Routing Engine and SMTP svc after you do thi...

CC to not have bulk mail list show up
HI, if I use CC: instead of just TO: does that stop my bulk mail from having all the recepiants show up in the mail? thanks "Mr.G (@�@)" <goodm2@netzero.net> wrote in message news:1187961099.280978.177510@l22g2000prc.googlegroups.com... > HI, if I use CC: instead of just TO: does that stop my bulk mail from > having all the recepiants show up in the mail? thanks > > No. You need to use BCC... "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message news:eZGTHFl5HHA.5316@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >> HI, if I use CC: instead of just TO: does...

New Mail in Outlook does not show up until an old message is clicked
Hello, I am running a Microsoft Exchange Server version 5.5. I have a user running WinXP with OfficeXP. WIth Outlook open, new mail does not show up until a previously received email is clicked on. Normally, with Outlook running on Exchange, new mail appears immediately in bold and the envelope icon appears in the task tray. On this particular PC, new mail does not appear until a piece of mail that is already present is clicked. We tried sending new mail to this recipient and every time, it would not show up until older mail was clicked. We even tried sending mail from this person ...

closing browser with out user interaction
Hi all Per my requirement, I have to send an instant email from an classic asp application(my limitations are I cannot use the CDONTS). So I created a asp.net application (using smtpclient)to send email. When the user clicks "submit" button on classic ASP page, I will invoke a call to the .Net asp application, which will send the email. So far is good. My problem is I want to close the asp.net browser with out user interation. I am using IE 7. and using the following code to close. ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(Me.GetType(), "clientscri...

User role setup on Business Portal
I would be eternally appreciated if anyone can answer to my question about Business Portal. I have been trying to delete roles to this sales person, from Site Settings -> Users and Permissions -> selecting the user from the left nav. then, Roles tab. By clicking the "Modify" button at the bottom, I can add a role(which was totally a mistake for me to do that), but I am not able to delete the role I just accidentally added. How am I supposed to delete that role? Please let me know. akio ...