Username not in Global Address List

Hi all,

I have added several user accounts on my Exchange 2003
server. All of them would show up in the Glabal Address
List (GAL) except the last user I added. I am going to
called it UserX. This last user account would show up in
all the users' workstations except one station. Let's call
it StationY. This particular client at StationY would see
all the users in the Global Address List except UserX. In
other words, UserX doesn't show up in the GAL on StationY.

What should I do in order to bring UserX to show up in GAL
on StationY?

I appreciate any help on this.

Thanks,

-Exo
0
exo_wa (1)

Run the RUS on the domain where the affected user exists.

--
Michael Bell
Bell Consulting Services, Inc.

"Exo" <exo_wa@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I have added several user accounts on my Exchange 2003
> server. All of them would show up in the Glabal Address
> List (GAL) except the last user I added. I am going to
> called it UserX. This last user account would show up in
> all the users' workstations except one station. Let's call
> it StationY. This particular client at StationY would see
> all the users in the Global Address List except UserX. In
> other words, UserX doesn't show up in the GAL on StationY.
>
> What should I do in order to bring UserX to show up in GAL
> on StationY?
>
> I appreciate any help on this.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Exo

0
mbell (30)
6/8/2004 2:26:32 AM
Thanks, Michael.
I ran the RUS but that didn't help.

Thanks, Ahood.
I figured that out last night.
I cleared the "Use Cached Exchange Mode" which went a long
your suggestion. It WORKS!

BUT--I wonder if there isn't any adverse affect or
consequences by turning the cache off.

Thanks again, Ahood.

-Exo
mode .
>If it does clear the check box.
>
>Ahood Kappon
>PC Computers LTD.
>Israel
>
>"Exo" <exo_wa@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have added several user accounts on my Exchange 2003
>> server. All of them would show up in the Glabal Address
>> List (GAL) except the last user I added. I am going to
>> called it UserX. This last user account would show up in
>> all the users' workstations except one station. Let's
call
>> it StationY. This particular client at StationY would
see
>> all the users in the Global Address List except UserX.
In
>> other words, UserX doesn't show up in the GAL on
StationY.

>> What should I do in order to bring UserX to show up in
GAL
>> on StationY?
>>
>> I appreciate any help on this.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> -Exo
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
6/8/2004 8:40:43 PM
Check That outlook 2003 is not configured for using Cache mode .
If it does clear the check box.

Ahood Kappon
PC Computers LTD.
Israel

"Exo" <exo_wa@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I have added several user accounts on my Exchange 2003
> server. All of them would show up in the Glabal Address
> List (GAL) except the last user I added. I am going to
> called it UserX. This last user account would show up in
> all the users' workstations except one station. Let's call
> it StationY. This particular client at StationY would see
> all the users in the Global Address List except UserX. In
> other words, UserX doesn't show up in the GAL on StationY.
>
> What should I do in order to bring UserX to show up in GAL
> on StationY?
>
> I appreciate any help on this.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Exo

0
udi1 (12)
6/8/2004 9:13:03 PM
Here's more info on the use of the Offline Address Book when running
Outlook 2003 in cached mode. If you use the registry key noted in this
article and set DownloadOAB to 0 (zero), then Outlook 2003 can still use
cached mode while not using the OAB:

823580 How to configure how the Offline Address Book is downloaded when you
use
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=823580

Thanks,
Richard Roddy
Microsoft Exchange Support

--------------------
>From: "Exo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
>Sender: "Exo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
>Subject: Re: Username not in Global Address List
>Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 13:40:43 -0700
>
>Thanks, Michael.
>I ran the RUS but that didn't help.
>

>Thanks, Ahood.
>I figured that out last night.
>I cleared the "Use Cached Exchange Mode" which went a long
>your suggestion. It WORKS!
>
>BUT--I wonder if there isn't any adverse affect or
>consequences by turning the cache off.
>
>Thanks again, Ahood.
>
>-Exo

0
rroddy (682)

Can the column index in a cell address be made variable?
Hi, To refer to a cell with a variable row number, we can just code it as, for example, Dim i As Interger i=234 Range("A" & i).Select To refer to a cell with a variable column index, it seems not that easy because the column index must be explicitly specified in a cell address. So, if I want to go to the j th column on the 2nd row or j columns to the right of cell AA3, is there a quick and easy way to do it? Thank you in advance. David You may be able to use R1C1 terminology, but you'll need to get someone else to help from here. "cyberdude" <honc...

Smart List problem
I recently re-installed a client (version 9.0). Everything went fine but when we tried to open Smartlist on this client we got an error message telling us that “To use Smartlist capability in this product the Smartlist tables must be built. This is one time initialization process and may take a few minutes”. I answered yes, it ran and then returned the following error “number of columns does not match table definitions”. Every other machine is working fine, is the tables it is talking about building on the client? It does not seem like that should be so. It does not matter ...

Cloning a price list
Is there any way either through the standard user interface or through the CRM SDK to clone an entire price list? TIA Not an option under standard UI Need to use SDK. Good luck. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm San Francisco, CA "JB" wrote: > Is there any way either through the standard user interface or through > the CRM SDK to clone an entire price list? > > TIA > > ...

custom address list for EXTERNAL email addresses
I know it is possible to create a custom address list in Exchange 2003 for internal use but how about for external email addresses outside of a company? Is this possible?? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Create contacts for each of the external mail addresses and add them to the distribution list. If add a valid internet email address to the distribution list external people can also send to it. Glen "Steven Peters" <Steven Peters@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBF2F2AE-ABF4-491C-836C-59611375F9F1@microsoft.com... > I know it is pos...

Creating a "Do_Not_Reply" e-mail address
I need to create a do-not-reply@domain.com address that any user that I give permission to on the domain can send as by putting the above address in the "From:" field of their Outlook client and the external recipient will receive this and only see that it came from the do-not-reply address and not the send on behalf of user. Also what would be the best way to block or not receive the e-mails even if an external user does reply to it? On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 20:56:22 -0700, "D-a-n_L" <dlajoie@hotmail.com> wrote: >I need to create a do-not-reply@domain.com addr...

Obsolete email addresses
We have exchange server 2000 We are still receiving emails for users who have left the organisation (accounts now deleted) usually from automated subscription services. Is it possible to automatically block or delete these messages, before they reach the postmaster undeliverable account, without using any third party software. Thanks, Andy Sure is. Here's how: http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/07/black_holes_not.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "Andy H @ cfb" <anonymous@discussions.mic...

Comparing first and last names in two lists

List control selction and deselection
For selecting an item from a CListCtrl just call mList.SetItemState(iItem,LVIS_SELECTED | LVIS_FOCUSED, 0xFF) during Initialization For deslecting we need to insert item once again, ie mList.DeleteAllItems() mList.InsertItem() i know this is not a good method, but i didnt get any other options. if anyone know, pls let me know!!! Regards "johnWins" <johnsvakel@gmail.com> wrote in message news:2ccf2c5c-eb5c-46fd-9bd5-30d89d2048f6@v67g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > For selecting an item from a CListCtrl just call > > mList.SetItemState(iItem,LVIS_SELECTED | LV...

List Running Horizontally-Pivot Table Possible?
I just had a customer ask this one and I'm not so sure about it. 1) The customer has setup a list of information that is running horizontally instead of the typical list running vertically. 2) I just taught him how to do pivot tables and he wants to generate a pivot table with his "horizontal" list. 3) I know he can copy and paste special and use the Transpose feature to change the list from horizontally oriented to vertically oriented. 4) the question is: can he leave the table in its original orientation and still generate Pivot tables? I can't seem to make it work ...

How do I break URL address over two lines?
I am trying to enter website addresses into footnotes and Word automatically forces the footnote onto a separate line. I need to conform to certain aditing requirements and want the url to start right after the citation and continue on to however many lines are necessary, but not leave a gap because it starts the url on a separate line in the footnote. Help please. In the edit hyperlink dialog, put the URI in both the Address and Text-to- display boxes. That way you can use a space or linebreak to wrap the display text to the next line without affecting the hyperlink ability. Hyp...

How do I view all Global Catalog Servers in Active Directory
Guys, Is there a way to view and confirm all the Global Catalog Servers in Active Directory? I'll appreciate your help.Regards. -- Buchi On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 08:21:01 -0700, "Buchi" <Buchi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Guys, >Is there a way to view and confirm all the Global Catalog Servers in Active >Directory? I'll appreciate your help.Regards. You could in the DNS (dnsmgmt.msc) under the _msdcs folder for your AD domain. or nslookup (ls -t SRV ADdomain.com) or look via Sites and Services or use repadmin: (repadmin /showreps YourDC). The result wi...

Category to Distribution List
Dear All: A: Outlook 2003 B: OS = XP Is there a way to create a Distribution List from a category ? I have a number of clients in special categories ( usually company name) However, there are times when I want to send BCC to several clients and would like to find a way to send that email without having to insert all the names. The category list of names can only be in the To: portion of the outgoing email. Suggestions highly appreciated. John A Hansen Two methods, both starting with the folder grouped by category, and all = the items in the category selected:=20 1) Choose Actions |...

Anonymous LDAP Browsing in OL2K3 Address Book
Authenticated users are able to browse, list, and resolve email addresses to my LDAP directory server. Anonymous users are able to resolve email addresses to my LDAP directory server but are not able to browse or list the LDAP directory. Is their a permission I need to set for anonymous users to be able to browse and list the LDAP directory? Any help is greatly appreciated. You need to ask this in a group that supports your mail serve, not the client. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name ...

Stop use of Distribution List
Is there anyway that you can stop, or restrict the use of a distribution list? Since you have so much detail of how you are setup and if there are specific people or groups you want to restrict from using it, I will answer your question with the same amount of detail....YES. Add more detail and we can give you a better answer. "brendanrtw" <brendanrtw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CB3EB2F-F428-46AD-A41E-A1495B8CF4CD@microsoft.com... > Is there anyway that you can stop, or restrict the use of a distribution > list? On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 12:00:...

Right Click Safari 404 and paste into Word 2008 only showing address
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Example. I open gmail.com. Right click on the Gmail logo to &quot;copy image&quot; not the &quot;copy image address&quot; option. Then, I open Word 2008 and paste. All I get is the address, not the logo image. If I repeat and use Text Edit (Apple) instead, it works as expected. Is this a bug with Word? Or am I missing a preference setting here set up by default that needs adjusted? Apparently it has to do with how Safari populates the Clipboard � I have no problem pasting the logo with F...

Send 1 address to 2 mailboxes
I want to create an address and have any mail sent to that address delivered to two separate users' mailboxes. How can I do that. I've tried simply adding the address in the two users' "Email Addresses" tab in the User's properties of ADU&C. But it wouldn't allow me to add the same address to the second user ("This email address already exists in this organization"). I've also tried creating a new user for the address and forwarding the email to the 2 other users (Exchange General tab - Delivery Options button - Forward To field). But ...

selecting multiple choices from a drop down list
I have a drop down list in a cell and I want to be able to selec multiple entries from that list. Does anyone know how I go this -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If this is a data validation list, you could use code to compile a list of selected items. For example, if the data validation is in column C, the following code will store the selected items in the same row in column D: '============================= Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim rngDV As Range Application.EnableEvents = False If Target.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub On Error Resume N...

Rule to automatically mark header to download based on contact list?
Is there a way to do this, or an add-in? TIA. Rich On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 04:44:35 -1000, rmc <rmc@nospam.com> wrote: > Is there a way to do this, or an add-in? What version of Outlook are you using? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Hi Ben: 2003 SP1 Rich "Ben M. Schorr - MVP" <bens@bogusaddress.mvp> wrote in message news:op.spuxh8sf6r4cx1@bms-tablet2.scgab.com... > On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 04:44:35 -1000, rmc <rmc@nospam.com> wrote: > > > Is there a way to do this, or an add-in? > > What version of Outlook are you using? > > > -- >...

Making words in a list a value!!
I am trying to create a list that will generate a value in another column once that word or phrase is chosen. Is this possible and how. Exp. In the drop down list I would chose Product, then in the price column the price automatically appears. brco1, Much better than I could ever explain the process. Here's exactly wha you need. http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html HT -- Case ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Casey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=454 View this thread: http://www.excelforu...

List Box Point-to-Select (MouseMove)
I have a list box that shows files from my hard drive. I'd really like to have it select the item being pointed to as I move my mouse pointer over it. I have coded this and it works fine unless the list is scrolled. I need a way to offset my list index to account for how far down the list has been scrolled. I can't find a list box property that will allow me to determine where a scrolled list is positioned. Something giving me the list index of the first visible row would do the trick. I haven't been able to find anything so far. I've tried some VB code that uses the Send...

List folders to file

Combo
Hi, I am able to create a list of items with a drop down menu. I can select specific item but how do I select all item to get a query output. Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks You can't select multiple items from an Access combo box. To do that would require a listbox with it's MULTI-SELECT property set to SIMPLE or EXTENDED. See more info about list boxes here: http://www.fontstuff.com/access/acctut11.htm -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com __________________________________ If my post ...

Outlook 2003 Address Book Sharing
Hey all, I am running an SBS 2003. All my clients have Outlook 2003 installed. What I am looking to do is have one of our managers secretary be able to use her bosses contacts folder as an e-mail address book. What I have tried so far: Tried from more than one account. Given owner access to both the mailbox and all subfolders(including contacts) from the manager to the secretary. I have opened the manager's mailbox as a secondary mailbox on the secretaries outlook. I can access easily the manager's contact list from the secretaries computer, but when right clicking -> Proper...

Combining Lists within excel.
I'm hoping someone can help here. I'll try to explain the problem I have. I have 2 worksheets both containing a product list. I have entries on one worksheet which I need on the other, so basically my question is... might there be a way of combining these two lists so one updates the other with the missing entries. Help on this would be great, as they are very large lists which I dont much fancy the thought of looking through them manually. Are you familiar with the VLOOKUP function? I use it all the time for this type of problem. vlookup(Product cell in first sheet, Array...

modify contact address when account address gets modified
Hi, How do I ripple my changes from company level to the related contacts ? For example the main company phone number and the main address ? Do I need a product like Scribe for this, or can this be done with the workflow ? Thanks for any advice Wim You can't do this with workflow, and I don't believe Scribe can do this (though I may be wrong - I've only used Scribe for one project). I would think that you'd need to create a post callout using the SDK. There is more info at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/CrmSdk1_2/htm/v1d2microsoftcrmversi...