user unable to deliver mail to us....

I was recently notified that one of our customers has been trying for the
last two days to get an email to us  (someone@truenorthloghomes.com) and
they keep receiving an NDR.

Why might an external user (domain is symaptico.ca) be unable to get mail to
us? Could this be a potential problem with our Exchange server - or more
likley a problem with our DNS provider or his provider?

We have been receiving tons of external mail so I know that is working. What
causes some email to bouce and other mail to be ok?

Thanks,

Brad

Brad Pears wrote:
> I was recently notified that one of our customers has been trying for
> the last two days to get an email to us
> (someone@truenorthloghomes.com) and they keep receiving an NDR.
>
> Why might an external user (domain is symaptico.ca) be unable to get
> mail to us? Could this be a potential problem with our Exchange
> server - or more likley a problem with our DNS provider or his
> provider?
>
> We have been receiving tons of external mail so I know that is
> working. What causes some email to bouce and other mail to be ok?

What is the exact text of the NDR?

> Thanks,
>
> Brad

0
lanwench (7567)
8/4/2004 6:37:25 PM
I'm trying to get that information as we speak. I'll post it as soon as I
get it...

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> Brad Pears wrote:
> > I was recently notified that one of our customers has been trying for
> > the last two days to get an email to us
> > (someone@truenorthloghomes.com) and they keep receiving an NDR.
> >
> > Why might an external user (domain is symaptico.ca) be unable to get
> > mail to us? Could this be a potential problem with our Exchange
> > server - or more likley a problem with our DNS provider or his
> > provider?
> >
> > We have been receiving tons of external mail so I know that is
> > working. What causes some email to bouce and other mail to be ok?
>
> What is the exact text of the NDR?
>

> > Thanks,
> >
> > Brad

Problems with outgoing e-mail
I am having problems sending e-mails out using my Outlook. I am using a high speed connection in my hotel room. The IT person from the hotel said it's because of their security system (spoofing!?!). I am able to use my browser just fine, Yahoo mail works fine, I receive mail in Outlook fine, but can't send any out The error I get is "The SMTP server name you specified cannot be found". The "My server requires authentication" is checked. I'm afraid it is not my Outlook, and the hotel can't do anything else I appreciate anyone's help. On Wed, 19 May 2004...

IMCEA
I am new to Microsoft exchange and am looking out for details on IMCEA (a.k.a. Internet Mail Connector Encapsulated Addressing). 1) The first very basis question is what is IMCEA. 2) How does routing happen when we send an email using IMCEA. 3) Does exchange strip IMCEA<type> string before send the destination address to connector or it sends it as is. E.g. Suppose I have a connector that can understand SMS address type. Now, using OL i send an email to IMCEASMS-123456789@localdomain.local. In this scenario, what will be the recipient addres in my connector? a) IMCEASMS-123456789@l...

Forcing users to click an action button to advance the slide
I am trying to have a PPS that forces users to click an action button to continue. I want to force them to go through each slide vice just quickly hitting keys to jump to the end of the show. I am unsure of what I have to disable to allow this to happen. Hi Slide Show -> Set up show -> Browsed at kiosk will disable all ways of advancing the presentation except for 'buttons' on screen. Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "Azlian" <Azlian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Forwarding e-mail with rules from another e-mail address.
Hi, I have two e-mail accounts. Once I manually forward my mail from the other account to my other e-mail account, I would like Company X's mail to go in the Company X's folder. Any ideas as to how to set up a rule for this? Thanks in advance. Just edit the Rule to add a move action. <moochito@invalid.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:99cmp1pkc7qnp96bp4k72aiogvc11jntb4@4ax.com... > Hi, > > I have two e-mail accounts. > > Once I manually forward my mail from the other account to my other > e-mail account, I would like Company X's mail to go in the C...

User Access Reporting
Hello Everybody, Does anyone know of a better way to audit security for individual users that the User Security report? Even with the options set to include Accessible Items only, we're finding the report for a single user runs well over 100 pages. With that kind of bulk, both the generation and review of the reports becomes a major endeavor. We're currently using GP9, with plans to go to 10 this year. Thanks, Jeremy Hi Jeremy Have you looked at the Rockton Software add-on called Security Auditor? I think it will do everything you are looking for and more. -- Fliehigh &q...

windows mail
My windows mail is not working, it will not let me send out any messages and this just started today, I was able to send out messages a couple days ago. Can anyone give me any suggestions as to what the problem may be? Thanks Diana, This newsgroup deals with Microosft Acccess, a relational database application. Your best bet is to try a newsgroup that deals with your particular email program. (Outlook? OutlookExpress?) -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job that you love... and you'll neve...

User forms #4
Rather than linking excel to a VB front end, how powerful are the VB userforms? If I want to create a front end of my excel workbook with sheets which will just display information that the cells calculate th how hard would this be? I also want to try and hide the fact that it is an excel spreadsheet? Thanks in advance Padrai -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Shouldn't be too hard, especially if you know VB! To hide the fact the file is in excel you can do things such as hidin worksheets and also hiding toolbars when the worbook_open event i triggered. This can al...

blocking incomming mail
How do I block incomming mail except from addresses I have in my address book? Outlook version please??????? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, George asked: | How do I block incomming mail except from addresses I have in my | address book? What version of Outlook do you have ? Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] wrote: > Outlook version please??????? > > --=81 > Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] > > P...

Prompt user for filename
I am using the code example from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/161286/ It will open a file dialog for a user to select or type in a filename. It works fine. However when the user types in the name of a file that does not exist like "testfile" it will save it as "testfile". What I need to be able to do is save it as "testfile.txt" instead. I thought it would be as simple as triming the filename and adding ( & ".txt" ) to the end of it but that seems not to be the case. Can you please tell me what I need to do to make it save with the .txt if t...

unable to delete online payees money 2007 deluxe
when i try to delete online payees i get a message that says " money cannot delete this payee because the payee has scheduled or recurring payments". in fact, there are no scheduled or recurring payments so there must be a glitch in they system. does anyone know how to fix this problem? i have spoken w/ my bank about it and they don't have a clue. On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 15:20:05 -0700, kate <kate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >when i try to delete online payees i get a message that says " money cannot >delete this payee because the payee has s...

Junk mail folder synchronization
Dear all, Our server is running win server 08 + exchange 07 and our staff use outlook 03. We all have two mailboxes in outlook, one is server mailbox, another one is pst file store in local pc. We have the email synchronize problem in junk mail folder that some of the junk mail auto synchronize to local pc mailbox but some of the junk mail received in server mailbox. Why some of the junk mail cannot receive in local pst mailbox? Is it having some problem on Exchange server? Thank you very much. Best regards, KenL "KenL" <goukilee@yahoo.com.hk> wrote in message news:uM...

numerals in a mail merge
Word 2003 on Windows XP I have some numbers with varying numbers of decimals. I have them in Excel. I formated them with two decimal places. When I bring them in to Word as a data source, they are showing a larger number of decimal places in some cases. 0.2 in Excel may come out as .200000000001, for example. ( I am guessing at the number of zeroes) Next, I copied the numbers and pasted them in NotePad to lose any formating and then pasted them into a new spreadsheet. But when I bring these into a mail merge, I am getting the same results. What am I doing wrong? I would l...

Undelivered message for mail I didn't send
I'm starting to get some "undelivered mail" messages and the address that is shown is one that I haven't sent mail to, EVER. What is wrong, and how do I fix it? Thanks. is it spam or legit mail? Spammers often forge the from address so it has a better chance of getting through spam filters. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and...

Outlook Express downloads all email to one family user
I've set up a new PC. All of my Epxress POP3 and SMTP information is entered correctly, and I have entered five email addresses into Express (one Main account and four others) My problem concerns receiving email. When logging into Express, all undelivered email for all five accounts is downloaded to the first account Express opens. For example, there are six pieces of underlivered email this morning -- two addressed to the "Dad" account and four addressed to the "Mom" account. Child 1 opens Express and signs into his account and the six emails are downloaded to the...

looking for mail server for testing client on local machine
I am developing software for add-in on Outlook client, but am doing this in a 'closed' development environment. I'm looking for a 'pseudo-mail-server' that could run on the local machine to send and receive emails (testing environment only). Someone must have done this before.... If you use your favorite search engine for look for "free POP3 server," = you should find what you need.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart ...

Unable to change security in Excel 2007
I have a model in Excel 2003 with macros that I have converted to Excel 2007 *.xlsm. I have set the security to "enable all macros." However, when I load the file it still comes up with "macros disabled." When I follow the help instructions the Security Alert! window comes up with only one option and does not allow me to change it. Hi Aare See http://www.rondebruin.nl/password2007.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Aare" <Aare@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A434D602-A708-414D-A20C-A429D8BFD4A4@micro...

mail merge #19
I am trying to print 220+ newsletters with mail merge. in the past (without mail merge) they have printed form my computer to the copier (Toshiba estudio 3511) with out problems. they are 4 pages, ledger paper with a fold in the middle. when I tried to print them with mail merge, if I ask it to fold, it printed all the newsletters folded them in half all together. is there a way to print them individually, or is there a setting in publisher somewhere that will keep them from printing alltogether? From Ed Bennett: Publications are not individually collated and stapled when you use t...

Size of a user defined type with a byte array?
How do I determine the actual in-memory size of a User Defined type (UDT) with a variable size byte array? i.e. I want to know the size the Type would take if written to a disk file INCLUDING the size of things for which only a pointer is stored. e.g. Type TestType ByteArray() as Byte End Type Dim AVar as TestType Redim AVar.ByteArray(0) Debug.Print LenB(AVar) 'Shows 4 Redim AVar.ByteArray(1000) Debug.Print LenB(AVar) 'Also Shows 4 Thanks RichardF ...

Microsoft Publisher 2002
All of a sudden I can no longer even open Microsoft Publisher on my son's computer. Recently there was an Windows update that referred to program authentication. We had installed this publisher program on this computer after our previous computer crashed but we only have it running on one computer so this is very frustrating! I have tried reinstalling the program to no avail. I would be extremely grateful if there was a solution to this problem. Use the phone activation and explain. 888-652-2342 (Not sure this number is still valid) Was the program installed when you bought...

Automized E-mail dispatch
Hi! I am looking for a way to automatically send an email each monday from a machine with no user logged in. Problem is, the mail needs to contain one of these outlook survey fields where receipients can click "Yes I have read this email and understood its contence" or something like that. Is there a way to do that without actually starting up outlook? Kind Regards Fabienne fabienne.rakusan@gmx.at <fabienne.rakusan@gmx.at> wrote: > I am looking for a way to automatically send an email each monday from > a machine with no user logged in. There MUST be a user logged i...

Allowing incoming msgs ONLY from users in Addr. Book
Can Outlook be configured to allow incoming messages ONLY from those users in my Address Book? ...

date/time stamp on user exit
I have a database that logs when a form (RPA) comes into our office. The RPA will go through a few different hands and will have different information entered into the database from each person. How do I get a log of when information is entered and by who? I am a beginner so a detailed explanation would be helpful. Thank you! On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 14:26:00 -0800, Kim <Kim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a database that logs when a form (RPA) comes into our office. The RPA >will go through a few different hands and will have different information >entered into the...

AddIn Default Path
When moving a spreadsheet between two users on two different PCs the cells containing any AddIn functions get changed/modified preventing seemless operation. Steps: 1. A spreadsheet is created with cells which call out a functions contained in AddIn 2. The spreadsheet is saved, and when re-opened on the same PC all is Ok! 3. Spreadsheet is opened by another user on a different PC, a message is display stating an invalid path exists on the AddIn links 4. Regardless of if I use the default paths or force a path (say "C:\AddIn") the message always comes up when the spreadsheet has...

Users cannot open attachments intermittenly
Exchange 5.5 still and we just got hit by the virus yesterday. That has been taken care of but my users cannot open their attatchments at first. It errors out on them, but if you go out and back in it will open. Any ideas? We have users also not getting e-mail period or it is like their connections are really slow. What are you using for AV on the Exch Server? On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 09:29:02 -0800, Rob <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Exchange 5.5 still and we just got hit by the virus yesterday. That has been >taken care of but my users cannot open their attatchments...

An e-mail which is sent to all my contacts
I have received a e-mail. I have opened it and there was a fhoto that i don´t know, but i clicked it. After that my e-mail address is sending the same e-mail to all my contacts, all the day sending the same e-mail. And after that, i am having a lo t of problem with hotmail too. for example, if i am watching my e-mails, suddenly the page es close. Please help thanks On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 13:52:30 -0700, gonzalo <gonzalo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have received a e-mail. I have opened it and there was a fhoto that i don�t >know, but i clicked it. B...