User Not Getting DL Messages

Hello,

A User that belongs to a few DLs, is not getting messages sent to those
groups.

What gives then if the person is indeed part of them?

Thanks in Advance,
Angel
0
Angel1 (51)

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 05:59:04 -0700, "Angel"
<Angel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>A User that belongs to a few DLs, is not getting messages sent to those
>groups.
>
>What gives then if the person is indeed part of them?
>
>Thanks in Advance,
>Angel

Check message tracking. If it shows delivery, then look at the client
side and see if there are rules, etc that may be moving or deleting
those emails. I assume the user can see other mail sent to him/her.
0
adavid (8731)

Leaving a copy of a message on the server
My Exchange 2003 uses the POP 3 connector to pull POP3 mail from my ISP. Is there a way to tell Exchange to leave a copy on the ISP Server after it retrieves the messages. I know i can do it in outlook for POP3 accounts set up in Outlook. But I need Exchange to leave a copy on my ISP server. Please help. Thanks Hi, Correct me if I am wrong. If you are using Outlook 2003 and connects to the Exchange 2003 using RPC, (not using pop3 to download mails) then you always will have a copy in the Exchange 2003 server right ? Pls enlight us. Cheers ! Ruwan Dissanayake "curtis" <...

Email Addresses not populating after creating new user
We are running SBS2003. After creating several new users, it is not populating the Email Addresses tab under the users properties. I have the checkbox for "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy" checked and I have also tried to force apply the global recipient rules in Exchange Manager, but none of that is working. I think this is also the reason why Outlook is not able to resolve this users name when I try to connect their Outlook to the exchange server. Brian The problem could be that the Recipient Update Service cannot update the users becau...

How Message Format work for POP3 account?
I created an account in active directory and created mailbox for it. I want this account to have only POP3 access. Because the POP3 client is some old one, I need the message body received by this account be sent to POP3 client in plain text format. So, I went to "Exchange Features" tab (we are using Exchange Server 2003) in this account's properties window and configured the POP3 properties as below: Uncheck "use protocol defaults", select "MIME" and select "Provide message body as plain text"; the default character set is "Western European (...

Outlook 2000 lost message when send cancelled
Hi, I have Outlook 2000 sp1 , Win2000 with a smart card for digital signature. Somehow my main Outlook was closed, so the draft I was working on was the only window open. When I went to send the mail with the encrypted sigature, the card was not available, and gave me an error. I hit cancel, and the message is gone. Normally I just go back to the message, this time nothing. Is there any way to recover this? I searched all folders (on the Exchange server and personal), but it's not there. I also checked the temp directories as well. I spent enough time on this email, and I would pr...

recovery a users folder
Hi I need to recover a users mailbox (well need calender and tasks mainly) i cant seem to move the folder to a user (using sbs2003 - exchange 2003) using exmerge, get to the last bit but the folder is blank and i cant select, any ideas on how to recover. thanks Have you tried using a recovery storage group? Here's the documentation for RSGs, which includes some troubleshooting infortmation for Exmerge as well. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/ue2k3rsg.mspx Tammy Treit Exchange User Education This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warran...

Message Tracking : Subject or Content.
Hi, I have been asked to check whether User A have receive an email from User B from a specified date. So I used the message tracking that came together with Exchange 2003. The issue here is that there was an email from User B that was received by User A (from the message tracking) but there was no subject to confirm it, the subject was blank. Any ideas ? Thank you. With best regards, Zul In article <uT3pbrEXFHA.2540@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, "Zul J" <mlist@istar.com.my> wrote: > Hi, > > I have been asked to check whether User A have receive an email ...

Unable to send messages while traveling
Use Vista. Can receive messages while traveling. Though this error message occurs when attempting to send emails. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help. Error Message: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Fw: Southeast District Update', Account: 'mail.wraser.com', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E SMTP port 25 is probably blocked when away from home. Try port 587 next time you're away. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperi...

[ANN] Share one account with multiple users and/or computers
PROBLEM: * You are in a situation where two or more people check the same account but have problems knowing who has acted on the message(s) or see a flagged message for your attention. This is further complicated by platform and email application (e.g. Outlook, Entourage and Apple mail). * You are the only user but access your account from multiple computers. Continue reading for the solution along with info on IMAP and POP accounts as well as IMAP providers: Share one account with multiple users and/or computers (The Entourage Help Blog) <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2009/01/share...

Outlook-2002, any rule wizard rules after message is read?
Hi, Is it possible to set rules to perform some action on messages after they are read? Yogi Watcher <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is it possible to set rules to perform some action on > messages after they are read? Not automatically. -- Brian Tillman ...

Getting to the last data row in a spreagsheet
Is there any way to find the last row with data in a spreadsheet from with VB? -- Jonathan Blitz AnyKey Limited Israel "When things seem bad Don't worry and shout Just count up the times Things have worked themselves out." Hi one way: dim rng as range set rng = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp) msgbox rng.value -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Jonathan Blitz wrote: > Is there any way to find the last row with data in a spreadsheet from > with VB? Jonathan, Try something like the following. Change RowNum to the desired row number...

How can I get the zero values at the end of a chart not to show?
I have a chart getting data from a spreadsheet, where data is added one day at a time, for an entire month. After adding the data for the first day, the data point shows, but the line connecting the data point in the chart immediately drops to zero, since data for the remaining days is not available. Is there a way to just have the line connecting the data points show only where there is data, and not show anything for the upcoming days where data is not available? Thanks. 1) use a dynamic chart - see http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Dynamic.htm or 2) rather than blanks f...

Deleting user from System Manager
I had another domain in my forest that I delete improperly. So now there is a user that has a mailbox in my exchange server that I can't delete. I tried to use ntdsutil to recreate the domain and maybe add the old domain back but, I'm having problems with that also. I just want to know if there is a tool I can use to delete the user from Exchange System Manager. It won't allow me to use the "Exchange Task” option" To delete it. Are you saying you have an orphaned mailbox that shows up in ESM that you want to delete? Did you run cleanup agent on that store? If no...

South African MS Money Users
Is there any MS Money x users in South Africa? Abri Theart Pretoria abrit@telkomsa.net I'm a South African that uses Microsoft Money 2003 "Abri Theart" <abrit@telkomsa.net> wrote in message news:c5er4t$8vp$1@ctb-nnrp2.saix.net... > Is there any MS Money x users in South Africa? > > Abri Theart > Pretoria > abrit@telkomsa.net > > greate to hear from you. I use Money standard 2004. May I ask you a question? How do you set up your and your wifes payslip? or two payslips for that matter (in you bank account) and in Budget? Do you duplicate Regular...

Insert picture in user form
Im trying to add a small JPG file to a user form nut cant seem to find way to insert it - ive looked through the menus and tried cpoy and past but no joy. does anyone know how i can do this -- LB7 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- LB79's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1215 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26232 hi, put the image control on the form. see toolbox. set the image controls picture property to the file path of the image. to do this, on the image control's pr...

Account Limit Notification to administrator and user #3
I can configure the exchange server so that when a user account is nearing its quota limit an email is sent notifying the user. I need to have the same message go to the administratrator as well. Anybody knows how to do this????? ...

Windows had to close message when I close Word
I recently had to have my hard drive reformatted due to a virus. I am running Windows XP Home Edition and ever since I reinstalled Office 2007 every time I close Word I get a message that says "Microsoft Office Word has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Every once in a while when I try to save something it will start running the setup as well. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? It gets downright irritating having to tell Office Word constantly not to save and try to recover my work since I already saved it and I...

Text disapearing on sent email messages
Hi, We are having the following problem on a customer's site. Network description: Server: Windows 2000 Server Exchange Server 2000 All almost uptodate on all updates. Workstations: Windows 2000 Pro Microsoft Office XP (Outlook XP) Also all updated. For some time now the users have been complaining that some emails they send get to the recipients blanked. They type text usually (using both WinWord as email composer and the builtin Outlook composer) and send the emails by clicking the send button. When they check the Sent Items Folder to make sure that the email is...

Incoming mail message looping in inbox
Hi, I am having problems with an email from a known person with a seemingly legitimate email address that is being sent to a user's inbox every minute exactly. After reading a bit into it, I am pretty sure the problem is not with the client (Outlook 2000), but rather the server (Exchange 2003 SP2). I cannot restart the server until tonight, and am hoping fiddling with some services or perhaps a reboot may help, but does anyone else have anyone advice that may be helpful? Thanks Steve On 2 Mar 2006 20:05:08 -0800, stevep@epra.wa.gov.au wrote: >Hi, > >I am having problems with ...

Email not delivered
We have 3 domains - One Forest Domain: USA (root), Exchange 2000, Site USA, Routing Group to the Netherlands Exchange server Domain: Netherlands, Exchange 2000, Site Netherlands, Routing Group to the USA Exchange server Domain: EU, Exchange 2003, Site EU, Routing Group to the USA Exchange server and Netherlands Exchange server. All sites are placed in Administrative Group. Mail flow: - Between EU and USA Exchange server: Doesn't work The mail stays in the “Messages awaiting directory lookup” queue. - Internet: Ok - Between Netherlands and USA Exchange server and back: Ok - Between Neth...

Removing Manager from user
I assigned a user to a manager. I now need to remove this manager from the user (they are accountable to no one now). When I go to change manager, it will not let me make the field blank. Has anybody ever done this same thing? (Sorry if this has been posted before. The search isn't working right now). Thanks. ...

New user mailbox creation doesn't happen
I have installed Exchange 2003 w/ SP1 on my win2k3 server with all of the latest OS updates as well, and when I create a new user I have to reboot the server before the new user is able to use thier new email box. One MS knowledgebase mentioned something about this happening on dual processor machines however this is only a single processor machine, it also stated that SP1 would fix this problem, however it appears that this problem still exists and is not related to dual processor machines. I have checked the event and error logs and come up with nothing fruitful there either. If an...

Popup message
Hello friends I need to create a popup box in my macro. For eg: With ActiveSheet.Range("C70") If .Value = 5 Then ' Here I need to pop up a message box with a message and a button "ok" so that it will close the message box and back to th same position. Can someone help me for that Thanks Tom -- SMIL ----------------------------------------------------------------------- SMILE's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=488 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26376 Hi use msgbox "Message...

Time zone issue with calendar invites sent to iCal users 03-09-10
We're using Entourage 2008 (latest patch) in conjunction with Exchange 2003. We're on the West Coast in the U.S. When we send calendar invites to one of our employees in Zurich who uses iCal, they always show the wrong time, e.g., an invitation for 9am PST will show up in his calendar at 9am Zurich time rather than being automatically adjusted for the time difference. I've seen postings about this issue but have not seen a resolution. Any suggestions? (All users are on Intel Macs running OS X 10.5.8.) Many thanks. ...

Migrating Outlook Express Folders, Messages, and Contacts to Excha
Greetings, we are migrating several hundred users from Outlook Express 6 to Exchange 2003. Outlook Express is served to some of the users via Citrix, for others they are on their local desktops. So for some we have access to their files on our Citrix servers, while for others we'd have to touch their desktops. Ideally we'd be able to "package" the Outlook Express Folders, Messages, and Contacts and import them into the Exchange account while still retaing the folder structure and contents. Is this possible? Are there 3rd party tools that allow for this type of migra...

Hide Field on a specific User Roles
Hi , I need to hide a field on a specific User Roles. How can I do this on Client Side... by Javascript onLoad form ? Please Help Me. :) Bye Bye http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/2006/05/finally-there-show-and-hide-fields.html Actually that's the first entry you get when googling for "crm onload hide field user role". -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup ---------------------------------------------------------- &...