User Names...

Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition

Have hundreds of users programmed in the server. Went to change user name
yesterday as user's name had changed due to marriage. Changed name everywhere
I could find, including renaming the actual user object. However, every mail
that the user sends out still says "from" the old name. The user even can
only log in with new user name.

Any ideas?

Thanx

In the User properties, on the E-mail Addresses tab, select the new address
and click Set as Primary.

Tim C

"Steven Sinclair" <StevenSinclair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:F2B2832C-6025-4004-BCC4-5ACE9CD1542D@microsoft.com...
> Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
>
> Have hundreds of users programmed in the server. Went to change user name
> yesterday as user's name had changed due to marriage. Changed name
> everywhere
> I could find, including renaming the actual user object. However, every
> mail
> that the user sends out still says "from" the old name. The user even can
> only log in with new user name.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanx

0
timclainc (28)
3/2/2005 6:31:39 PM
On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 10:23:02 -0800, Steven Sinclair
<StevenSinclair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
>
>Have hundreds of users programmed in the server. Went to change user name
>yesterday as user's name had changed due to marriage. Changed name everywhere
>I could find, including renaming the actual user object. However, every mail
>that the user sends out still says "from" the old name. The user even can
>only log in with new user name.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Thanx

Selecting rename from the contect menu of the user should do all the
visible, friendly names but you will need to check that the recipient
policy has written the new SMTP address.
It's also a good idea to add the old address as a secondary otherwise
the user stands to lose a load of mail they would otherwise receive.

0
mark7219 (5666)
3/2/2005 6:37:07 PM
Under that tab, there is only one SMTP address and, when selected, the "Set
as Primary" button remains grayed out.

By the way, just in case we're on two different wavelengths here, when the
user sends email within the company, the old name shows up in the "from"
header in the email message. When the user sends email outside the company,
the new name shows up.

Any other ideas?

Thanx again.

"Tim C" wrote:

> In the User properties, on the E-mail Addresses tab, select the new address
> and click Set as Primary.
>
> Tim C
>
> "Steven Sinclair" <StevenSinclair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:F2B2832C-6025-4004-BCC4-5ACE9CD1542D@microsoft.com...
> > Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
> >
> > Have hundreds of users programmed in the server. Went to change user name
> > yesterday as user's name had changed due to marriage. Changed name
> > everywhere
> > I could find, including renaming the actual user object. However, every
> > mail
> > that the user sends out still says "from" the old name. The user even can
> > only log in with new user name.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanx

have you had the user create a new Outlook profile?

"Steven Sinclair" <StevenSinclair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:C7EEC27C-1FDC-492C-B705-FE9528F5586C@microsoft.com...
> Under that tab, there is only one SMTP address and, when selected, the
"Set
> as Primary" button remains grayed out.
>
> By the way, just in case we're on two different wavelengths here, when the
> user sends email within the company, the old name shows up in the "from"
> header in the email message. When the user sends email outside the
company,
> the new name shows up.
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> Thanx again.
>
> "Tim C" wrote:
>
> > In the User properties, on the E-mail Addresses tab, select the new
address
> > and click Set as Primary.
> >
> > Tim C
> >
> > "Steven Sinclair" <StevenSinclair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > message news:F2B2832C-6025-4004-BCC4-5ACE9CD1542D@microsoft.com...
> > > Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
> > >
> > > Have hundreds of users programmed in the server. Went to change user
name
> > > yesterday as user's name had changed due to marriage. Changed name
> > > everywhere
> > > I could find, including renaming the actual user object. However,
every
> > > mail
> > > that the user sends out still says "from" the old name. The user even
can
> > > only log in with new user name.
> > >
> > > Any ideas?
> > >
> > > Thanx

0
susan1334 (131)
3/2/2005 6:52:50 PM
Nope.

The user in question is utilizing OWA.

Thanx.

"Susan" wrote:

> have you had the user create a new Outlook profile?
>
> "Steven Sinclair" <StevenSinclair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:C7EEC27C-1FDC-492C-B705-FE9528F5586C@microsoft.com...
> > Under that tab, there is only one SMTP address and, when selected, the
> "Set
> > as Primary" button remains grayed out.
> >
> > By the way, just in case we're on two different wavelengths here, when the
> > user sends email within the company, the old name shows up in the "from"
> > header in the email message. When the user sends email outside the
> company,
> > the new name shows up.
> >
> > Any other ideas?
> >
> > Thanx again.
> >
> > "Tim C" wrote:
> >
> > > In the User properties, on the E-mail Addresses tab, select the new
> address
> > > and click Set as Primary.
> > >
> > > Tim C
> > >
> > > "Steven Sinclair" <StevenSinclair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > > message news:F2B2832C-6025-4004-BCC4-5ACE9CD1542D@microsoft.com...

> name
> every
> can

Hello?

"Susan" wrote:

> have you had the user create a new Outlook profile?
>
> "Steven Sinclair" <StevenSinclair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:C7EEC27C-1FDC-492C-B705-FE9528F5586C@microsoft.com...
> > Under that tab, there is only one SMTP address and, when selected, the
> "Set
> > as Primary" button remains grayed out.
> >
> > By the way, just in case we're on two different wavelengths here, when the
> > user sends email within the company, the old name shows up in the "from"
> > header in the email message. When the user sends email outside the
> company,
> > the new name shows up.
> >
> > Any other ideas?
> >
> > Thanx again.
> >
> > "Tim C" wrote:
> >
> > > In the User properties, on the E-mail Addresses tab, select the new
> address
> > > and click Set as Primary.
> > >
> > > Tim C
> > >
> > > "Steven Sinclair" <StevenSinclair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > > message news:F2B2832C-6025-4004-BCC4-5ACE9CD1542D@microsoft.com...

> name
> every
> can

Worksheet Tab Names #2
I have a workbook that has a number of worksheets. I want to make sure that a user CAN NOT change the name of the worksheet. How can I achieve this? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Julia Tools, Protection, Protect Workbook. This can then be password protected. Not the most secure protection in the world, as there are a number of password crackers on the internet that can remove this password and therefore allow users to Unprotect the Workbook and then rename the sheet. This type of protection does prevent the day to day user of Excel altering the sheet name -- ...

OWA user gets HTTP Error 403
I have Exchange 2003 SP1 running as part of SBS 2003. All users can use Outlook Web Access without any problems - except for one user. This one user gets the 'HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden' when trying to logon to OWA. This user has been using OWA for some time now (many weeks) with no problems, then suddenly the user gets the 403 error. I am not aware of changes having been made to the server to cause this problem. The user's password has not expired. The user can logon to the LAN without any problems. The user can access all of their mailbox using Outlook 2003. In fact...

Exchange 2003 How to create custom welcome message for new users ?
Is it possible to make exchange 2003 automaticlly send new e-mail message for a new mailbox created ? It would be e-mail with Word attachment ( Instructions how to use computers and etc. ) On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 16:17:55 +0200, "Salas" <salas@freemail.lt> wrote: >Is it possible to make exchange 2003 automaticlly send new e-mail message >for a new mailbox created ? It would be e-mail with Word attachment ( >Instructions how to use computers and etc. ) > > Sure, script something. Unfortuantely, you can not customize the welcome message in Outlook 2003 as ...

no mapping account name and security ID
Hi friends, I have a problem with a remote server on a branch office, this server is the default logon server of that "Site" according our domain topology, so it's not the Domain Controller but a replica domain server, and I'm trying to install a hotfix of microsoft but the installation crash and show a message like "Error Code 0x80070534 (1332) no mapping account name and security ID was done" ... so I thing the app is trying to contact the DC to obtaing SID but it's not contacting the "Site" replica domain controller... I can logon on a rem...

Send email to mosre than one user
How do I use SendMail when I have multiple addressees? The following produces valid looking email addresses as you would type them in outlook but the result is undeliverable. .... Worksheets("emailAddresses").Activate ActiveSheet.Range("A2").Select While Selection.Value & "" <> "" If MailAddr & "" = "" Then MailAddr = Selection.Value Else MailAddr = MailAddr & ", " & Selection.Value End If Selection.Offset(1).Select Wend ActiveWorkbook.SendMail Recipients:=MailAddr, S...

User Info
When I installed Office 2004 for Mac, I chose the wrong default address and would now like to change it. Is there an easy way to do this, or do I have to reinstall the whole package? Thanks Henry You should be able to fix that via the User Information tab in the Preferences menu, in any application. On 8/11/04 11:28 AM, "Henry" wrote: > When I installed Office 2004 for Mac, I chose the wrong > default address and would now like to change it. Is there > an easy way to do this, or do I have to reinstall the > whole package? > > > Thanks > Henry ...

Tell users how to sort 5 digit and 9 digit zipcodes correctly aft.
After applying special format to column to accommodate 5 and 9 digit zipcodes, I was not able to sort by zipcode correctly. I added leading zeros to 4 digit zipcodes to make them 5 digit. My 5 digit zip codes appear before my 9 digit zip codes when I sort by ascending order. Concatenate -0000 into your 5 diget numbers in a hellper column, with =IF(LEN(A1)>5,A1,A1&"-0000") then Copy > Pastespecial > Values this will give 11111-0000 for a 5 diget code of 11111............. then select both columns and sort on the new one.........then delete the new column if desired....

Enable User
Hi, Just finished installing CRM 1.2 (MSDN) in a test lab. Seems to be working OK, but I have a question about how to enable a user that has been disabled. I have logged in to the system, and subsequently to the CRM UI with an account that has 'domain admin' and 'system administrator' privileges respectively. When I navigate to the users area (settings:business unit settings:users) I cannot find any of the users that I created initially and subsequently disabled. I know they're still there though because I cannot add them as new users. The system won't let me. Wh...

Adding a Manager to a user
Hi Can you add a Manager to an existing user or do you need to do it during creation of the user? The manager text box seems to be greyed out when I try to add the manager. Thanks for any assistance. Found it under actions. "John Koziaris" <john@alltasks.com.au> wrote in message news:%23YG83ZCJEHA.3392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi > > Can you add a Manager to an existing user or do you need to do it during > creation of the user? > > The manager text box seems to be greyed out when I try to add the manager. > > Thanks for any assistance. > > ...

Displaying User Names
In searching the Users for assigning tasks and other activities related to Users, I've noticed that the users are listed by last name, first name. I've changed the system settings to set the name order, but still no luck. This is a minor inconvenience because everyone at our location refers to each other in the first name. Thanks! When you change the system setting for how full names are constructed, it affects all future full names but not the existing ones It is possible to change the existing full names directly in the SQL database; unsupported of course, but it has worke...

Office X Printing Problems for Admin user
I have a very odd printing problem for ALL Office X (with 10.1.2 update) programs. If a different non-admin user makes or alters a document (word, powerpoint, excel), I am not able to print it. I can make changes and save it, but it will not print. It seems to be only as an admin user, that I cannot print. Also, coping parts of a document that does not print to one that does, renders that one unprintable. I found that it creates a directory in an odd place: under /tmp/ drwxrwxrwx 2 mcolosim wheel 68 Jul 28 15:24 printing.23994 this contains nothing. I copied the document to one t...

Log users off Outlook
I need to set up a policy that will log my users out of Outlook by a certain time each evening. Open mailboxes are not allowing my backup to finish. I have set the backup to backup without a lock, but it still doesn't finish in the allocated time. open mailboxes have no effect on performing an online backup, which is what you should be doing, and what MS recommends... "jcpierce" <jcpierce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F764EA08-E6DF-4BFE-84FD-A0E71F5A7159@microsoft.com... > I need to set up a policy that will log my users out of Outlook by a cert...

User receiveing external email, external sender getting repeated NDR
Hello, I just took over an exchange 2003 cluster running with a Barracuda spam firewall as an inbound/outbound smtp gateway. We had a user who's account was deleted (by an incompetent former admin who was fired for this --- which is why I was given the role) and recreated and his email restored from backup. The restored box was put on a different server as the original, and his client pointed to the restored box and he now sees all his email/contacts/calendar. His original email box stayed on the server and showed disabled as it was not connected to an AD account. We now have an issu...

Preventing email to non-authenticated users
Good morning everyone. I'm running an Exchange 2000 SP3 machine on Windows 2000 Server. I have remote offices that only use OWA to check their email. Is there a way to prevent them from being able to send to anyone who isn't a user on that mailserver? Since the offices only use OWA, I'm a little confused about how to go about preventing their email to external email addresses. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. On 6 Jul 2006 07:25:23 -0700, "manfre" <manfre7874@gmail.com> wrote: >Good morning everyone. > >I'm running an Exchange 2000...

user/passwords
Hi, just a basic question and hopefully a simple solution. Basically I want to have a user/pass box that, when the data is correct, takes you to a worksheet. I have searched the forums/site and havent found anothing usefull. I have tried using macros and cutting up some vb code that looked..interesting..but none worked. TIA :) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ The user is offered the choice to disable macros or can hold down the shift key when the workbo...

Urgent help
Hi. I need some urgent help on installing Exchange 2003. I have an existing domain called master.local and a child domain called child.local. We were concerned about security. So we decided to use the .local naming convention. If I were to use the .local domain controller to install Exchange 2003, can emails still be routed out to the internet? Appreciate if someone could give me a reply. Regards, Choo Yes. You set the email domian in the recipient polices after exchange is installed. "choo" <choo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36A51B07-8FDE-4859-BC...

Invalid object name "ECDSMTP"
We are receiving this error message when tryin to merge parts with Preofessional Services Tools Library: [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server] Invalid object name "ECDSMTP" When you click OK the following error message occurs: The stored procedure TACallITem Combiner returned the following results: DBMS: 208, Dynamics: 0 I have searched the Knowledge base and have not found any help with either error message. We use Dynamics GP ver 10 SP1 Mike Mike, The reason you usually won't find anything in the KB for these kind of problems is due to the first part of the e...

OT: Corporate Name Change History List?
Seems like there ought tb a government list somewhere that lists OldCorporationName|NewCorporationName. My agenda is that a service bureau is sending us a list of corporations that engage in activities that are proscribed by certain funds that my client manages. They look to the list before buying into certain funds. There's a problem however. Corporations change names and the service bureau only does current names. Yet there is still debt trading out there under various old corporate names. e.g. Philip Morris has changed it's name to Altria. "Altria" is, indeed,...

Setting the Default start page for all users
We have just started using Announcements in CRM 4 and would like to set all users default start page to Announcements. Is there a way to do this without having to log on as each of the 450 user and change it manually? Thanks in advance for any help. On Jun 2, 1:58=A0pm, John Heaphy <JohnHea...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We have just started using Announcements in CRM 4 and would like to set a= ll > users default start page to Announcements. > > Is there a way to do this without having to log on as each of the 450 use= r > and change it manually? > > Th...

German CRM 3.0 to been seen in UK language for UK users
Hi We have a CRM 3.0 installation in Germany and using German format. We have a handful remote users in the UK and when viewing CRM it views in German format. Is there a way to view a German CRM 3.0 install in UK language for the UK users? Would i need to do another installation? Many Thanks The app does not support multiple languages in a single install. The only solution at the moment is to have seperate installations and integration logica that synchs data between them. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Hush" <hushdontspamme@hotmail.com> wrote in messag...

User recieves double mail from specifiv users
Hi, We use Win2003 Server, Exchange 2003 Sp2, WinXP SP2 and Outlook 2003 SP2. We habe about 50 users(mailboxes) in our Exchange. All work the way they should exept for one users. This user redieves the mails from user A and user B in double. Al the other users or external mail is delivered without a second copy. But when user A and also User B send him a mail he recieves the mail plus a copy. I can't see why (how) this is happening? Anybody with an idea? Mario Hi, Can you confirm that this is standard exchange or enterprise and not SBS. Thanks. "MarioFromBelgium" &l...

Display font names in Arial in word 2007
I know how to do it in 2003. ...

C00D11C7 on a ASF file under a less priviledged user account 01-27-10
Hello, Wanted to look at some ASF high quality videos from PDC09. I run XP SP3 fr with WMP 11. Files use VC-1 AP and WMA ,9 PRO as GSpot says, or 10 PRO CBR as the ASF metadata says; one example file is here: http://ecn.channel9.msdn.com/o9/pdc09/wmvhigh/FT34.wmv These files play when using a privileged (Local Administrators member) account. They play under GSpot in the preview panel running as a less privileged user. But they don't play in WMP 11 in the same account on the same machine. I searched this particular user registry hive for abnormal things (by comparing to the ...

User purposely deleted mail
Hi All, I have discovered one of my user likes to delete some mail that he didn't follow up. Reason is to remove evidence so that boss can't do anything. Is there a way to keep a copy to server or any better way? I would appreciate someone could help me. Thanks Regards, Alan Lim On 6 May 2005 21:46:16 -0700, "Alan Lim" <finding.alan@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi All, > >I have discovered one of my user likes to delete some mail that he >didn't follow up. Reason is to remove evidence so that boss can't do >anything. Is there a way to keep a copy to s...

How do I expand the Name Box?
When I name a range, it is posted to the Name Box (next to the formula bar). However, the full name is not displayed due to the size of the name box. Thanks. See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.Names.html#misc -- HTH Bob Phillips "JohnnyQuick" <JohnnyQuick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:739ADDEF-AAA5-4623-B842-DA272EFE04B9@microsoft.com... > When I name a range, it is posted to the Name Box (next to the formula bar). > However, the full name is not displayed due to the size of the name box. > Thanks. You can do this only through code...