User Mailbox that more than one person sends e-mail from - SARBOX password expire issue

Do to a SARBOX requirement we were told to set all user passwords expire.
The issue is we have some users that we set up where more than one person
sends e-mail from it.  We set the mailbox up in outlook for the people that
need to send mail as that user.  When those user's password expires the
person trying to send - gets an error and is not allowed to send.  Is there
any way to get around this issue?

Thanks
Jennifer

0
Jewles_net (12)

Jennifer:
  For your shared mailbox, I would disable that account.  Then, create a
security group that contains as members everyone that should have
permissions to that mailbox, then assign that group permissions (Exchange
Advanced -> Mailbox Rights) to the mailbox.  Then, you can just add people
to the group or take them out as needed.  And, you don't have to worry about
passing around a new password periodically.  Does this make sense?

--
Jim McBee
Blog:     http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com

"Jennifer Atchison" <Jewles_net@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Do to a SARBOX requirement we were told to set all user passwords expire.
> The issue is we have some users that we set up where more than one person
> sends e-mail from it.  We set the mailbox up in outlook for the people
> that need to send mail as that user.  When those user's password expires
> the person trying to send - gets an error and is not allowed to send.  Is
> there any way to get around this issue?
>
> Thanks
> Jennifer

0
jmcbee9404 (625)
6/23/2005 6:33:37 PM
The issue there is all of the people who may need to send as that user do
not want to recieve all of the e-mails into their inbox

"Jim McBee (MVP)" <jmcbee@cta.spambegone.net> wrote in message
> Jennifer:
>  For your shared mailbox, I would disable that account.  Then, create a
> security group that contains as members everyone that should have
> permissions to that mailbox, then assign that group permissions (Exchange
> Advanced -> Mailbox Rights) to the mailbox.  Then, you can just add people
> to the group or take them out as needed.  And, you don't have to worry
> about passing around a new password periodically.  Does this make sense?
>
> --
> Jim McBee
> Blog:     http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com
> Stuff:    http://geekbargains.blogspot.com
> Web:    http://www.somorita.com
>

> "Jennifer Atchison" <Jewles_net@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Do to a SARBOX requirement we were told to set all user passwords expire.
>> The issue is we have some users that we set up where more than one person
>> sends e-mail from it.  We set the mailbox up in outlook for the people
>> that need to send mail as that user.  When those user's password expires
>> the person trying to send - gets an error and is not allowed to send.  Is
>> there any way to get around this issue?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Jennifer

0
Jewles_net (12)
6/23/2005 6:55:16 PM
If we disable the account it will no longer receive mail.  We also do not
need to send out passwords for the mailbox user - we give them permissions
to the mailbox and they open the mailbox in outlook with their normal
mailbox.  The problem is that no one uses a password to log in like a
conventional user so when the password expires they no longer can send
messages as this user.

"Jim McBee (MVP)" <jmcbee@cta.spambegone.net> wrote in message
> Jennifer:
>  For your shared mailbox, I would disable that account.  Then, create a
> security group that contains as members everyone that should have
> permissions to that mailbox, then assign that group permissions (Exchange
> Advanced -> Mailbox Rights) to the mailbox.  Then, you can just add people
> to the group or take them out as needed.  And, you don't have to worry
> about passing around a new password periodically.  Does this make sense?
>
> --
> Jim McBee
> Blog:     http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com
> Stuff:    http://geekbargains.blogspot.com
> Web:    http://www.somorita.com
>

> "Jennifer Atchison" <Jewles_net@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Do to a SARBOX requirement we were told to set all user passwords expire.
>> The issue is we have some users that we set up where more than one person
>> sends e-mail from it.  We set the mailbox up in outlook for the people
>> that need to send mail as that user.  When those user's password expires
>> the person trying to send - gets an error and is not allowed to send.  Is
>> there any way to get around this issue?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Jennifer

0
Jewles_net (12)
6/23/2005 6:59:22 PM
After disabling the account (need to wait 15 minutes), if you re-add the
SELF permission and grant it Full Mailbox Access, Associated External
Account and Read permissions, it will be able to receive mail again.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

> If we disable the account it will no longer receive mail.  We also do not
> need to send out passwords for the mailbox user - we give them permissions
> to the mailbox and they open the mailbox in outlook with their normal
> mailbox.  The problem is that no one uses a password to log in like a
> conventional user so when the password expires they no longer can send
> messages as this user.
>
> "Jim McBee (MVP)" <jmcbee@cta.spambegone.net> wrote in message
>> Jennifer:
>>  For your shared mailbox, I would disable that account.  Then, create a
>> security group that contains as members everyone that should have
>> permissions to that mailbox, then assign that group permissions (Exchange
>> Advanced -> Mailbox Rights) to the mailbox.  Then, you can just add
>> people to the group or take them out as needed.  And, you don't have to
>> worry about passing around a new password periodically.  Does this make
>> sense?
>>
>> --
>> Jim McBee
>> Blog:     http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com
>> Stuff:    http://geekbargains.blogspot.com
>> Web:    http://www.somorita.com
>>

>> "Jennifer Atchison" <Jewles_net@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Do to a SARBOX requirement we were told to set all user passwords
>>> expire. The issue is we have some users that we set up where more than
>>> one person sends e-mail from it.  We set the mailbox up in outlook for
>>> the people that need to send mail as that user.  When those user's
>>> password expires the person trying to send - gets an error and is not
>>> allowed to send.  Is there any way to get around this issue?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Jennifer

0
Ben
6/23/2005 9:29:00 PM
Thanks :)

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" <ben_winzenz@NOSPAMdotmessageonedotcom> wrote
in message news:uludTqDeFHA.1040@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> After disabling the account (need to wait 15 minutes), if you re-add the
> SELF permission and grant it Full Mailbox Access, Associated External
> Account and Read permissions, it will be able to receive mail again.
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
>

> "Jennifer Atchison" <Jewles_net@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> If we disable the account it will no longer receive mail.  We also do not
>> need to send out passwords for the mailbox user - we give them
>> permissions to the mailbox and they open the mailbox in outlook with
>> their normal mailbox.  The problem is that no one uses a password to log
>> in like a conventional user so when the password expires they no longer
>> can send messages as this user.
>>
>> "Jim McBee (MVP)" <jmcbee@cta.spambegone.net> wrote in message
>>> Jennifer:
>>>  For your shared mailbox, I would disable that account.  Then, create a
>>> security group that contains as members everyone that should have
>>> permissions to that mailbox, then assign that group permissions
>>> (Exchange Advanced -> Mailbox Rights) to the mailbox.  Then, you can
>>> just add people to the group or take them out as needed.  And, you don't
>>> have to worry about passing around a new password periodically.  Does
>>> this make sense?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jim McBee
>>> Blog:     http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com
>>> Stuff:    http://geekbargains.blogspot.com
>>> Web:    http://www.somorita.com
>>>

>>> "Jennifer Atchison" <Jewles_net@hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
Jewles_net (12)

OWA issue with Public Folders
Hiya. Need help with this issue... I have a user who is trying to respond or forward any messages that's inside a public folder when she's connected from home. Only thing I can find on this is inside the WA's help menu but it's of little use. all it says is that you need to have a front-end server which we do. I have no clue what her connection at home is like (dialup ... is that still around?! or broadband). I do know that web access does work from Firefox too. Would this be a browser issue or is it something with her side of outlook web access side? We're running...

Need some advanced help on this one!
Hi guys, I found a sample Access program that takes data from its database to generate an EDI EDIFACT ORDERS file (OrdersS93a.edi). Here is the code: Private Sub Command0_Click() Dim oEdiDoc As Fredi.ediDocument Dim oSchema As Fredi.ediSchema Dim oInterchange As Fredi.ediInterchange Dim oGroup As Fredi.ediGroup Dim oTransactionset As Fredi.ediTransactionSet Dim oSegment As Fredi.ediDataSegment Dim oConn As ADODB.Connection Dim oRsInterchange As ADODB.Recordset Dim oRsGroup As ADODB.Recordset Dim oRsTransactionSet As ADODB.Reco...

allowing relaying... security issues
We are using Exchange 2000 on an SBS 2000 machine. We signed up with Spam Soap - an outside company to provide incoming/outgoing SMTP mail filtering . As part of their service, you also configure them as a "smart host". This is configured in the virtual SMTP Server area - in the advanced options for delivery. Also, in order to have this work properly, the SMTP Connector we had configured in the 'Connectors' area also had to be removed. We have an in-house VB .net application that automatically sends auto-generated emails. This particular application is configured and...

How to suppress repeating password prompts and scope pre-emption?
Outlook (2003,2007, perhaps other versions also) has an absolutely enraging feature seemingly devised to intentionallly cause major distress and anguish on the parts of its users, to wit: Whenever an email account provider computer decides the account has been open too long and requests a new logon, (ATT/Yahoo) or an account was never able to log on in the first place (bad password) a window periodically pops up and the keyboard entry goes directly into the password field with no warning. I am often typing an email etc. and find that the previous paragraph of text, some of i...

password protection paramenters
Hello, I want to be able to unprotect my sheet, add a wordart graphi and reprotect my sheet. The problem I am having is when I do this wit code the file is protected with the default parameters selected. I wan to be able to enable wordart so I can insert a wordart object and the protect the sheet again. I want to get around the user being able to just delect the added wor art. When protected I would like the following parameters to be set: Allow users to select locked cells select Unlocked cells format cells format rows Its the "edit objects" parameter that needs to be enabled fo...

Users ability to Manage Groups

outlook 2007 e-mail

OE autodelete OLD mail

Access to User Calendar

Problem sending encrypted email in OLXP

Business Portal should allow requisition to be added to issued PO
The printing of a PO changes the status of the PO from New to Released (signifying the release of the PO to the vendor). Once a PO has been released, it will not show as a PO you can add items to from business portal. The current design of the product only allows you to add to POs with a status of New. Adding an item to a Released PO should trigger a change order. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not ...

SQL 2005 Great Plains 9 issue
I will try to keep this succinct. I am running Great Plains 9 with SQL 2005 on separate servers. Recently I brought up a new SQL server(called sql02) to replace the old SQL server(called sql01). After installing SQL 2005 on the new server and restoring all the databases I renamed the new server(sql02) to the name of the old Server(sql01). Great Plains worked happily after that. On the new SQL server now called SQL01 there are two database engines in SQL Studio, one is called SQL02 and the other is called SQL01. I would rather not have SQL02 there, but I'm not sure how to delet...

Missing Mail Folder
I am using outlook 2003 A subfolder within my main mail folder disappeared from view. Although I can not see the folder, I did an advanced search for mail messages in the missing folder (I know the name and typed it into the search crieteria, it was not available on the dropdown) and Outlook found all of the messages. From the search results window I moved them to a new folder but still have not been able to see the old folder. I am not positive I have all of the mail from this folder. Any suggestions about recoveering the folder? I am interested in the root cause so I can preve...

Outlook: default new mail location
We seem to have a problem with users that log into a workstation that they have never logged into before. Basically, the default NEW MAIL location is set to a PST local to their c: drive. So, when they open up Outlook to check thier mail. All MAILBOX, INBOX mail slowly dissapears and is moved to the local pst file. Once, we configure the users Outlook profile on that machine and change the default NEW MAIL location to the Exhange/Mailbox/Inbox it works fine. I've heard about PRF files, but I am unfamiliar with configuring them. All I want is for the default NEW MAIL locatio...