user initials and auto correction

Hi,

Can someone please help me with the following...?

People usually type JD in the To: field when they want to send me an email
via Outlook. After a recent addition and deletion of another account with
the initials of JD I'm finding that it is default to this user - and it's
not even trying to qualify the correct recipient with a list of possible
users, like it does with other similar users.

I would like it to ask for qualification and also default to my account. Any
ideas anyone?

Thanks,

Joe

"Joey D" <joeydocherty2404@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Can someone please help me with the following...?
>
>People usually type JD in the To: field when they want to send me an email
>via Outlook. After a recent addition and deletion of another account with
>the initials of JD I'm finding that it is default to this user - and it's
>not even trying to qualify the correct recipient with a list of possible
>users, like it does with other similar users.
>
>I would like it to ask for qualification and also default to my account. Any
>ideas anyone?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Joe

It shouldn't be working that way. If you type JD in the To: field then
the Outlook client will offer up the addresses recently used. You are
still able to use the "Alt K" to check name, whether the client based
pre completion has come up or not.

Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP,
FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm
Blog: http://www.msexchange.me.uk
0
mark7219 (5666)
5/14/2004 12:09:19 PM
Mark,

Thanks for your reply.
I have tried what you suggested but it defaults to another JD. It doesn't
even give me the option of selecting between the two JDs.
We have a number of people with the initials of JR and I am prompted to
select the correct one when I send an email.
It just doesn't work for the JDs.

I've checked the account has been configured correctly and am out of ideas.

Any more help from anyone would be appreciated.

Joe

> "Joey D" <joeydocherty2404@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >Can someone please help me with the following...?
> >
> >People usually type JD in the To: field when they want to send me an
email
> >via Outlook. After a recent addition and deletion of another account with
> >the initials of JD I'm finding that it is default to this user - and it's
> >not even trying to qualify the correct recipient with a list of possible
> >users, like it does with other similar users.
> >
> >I would like it to ask for qualification and also default to my account.
Any
> >ideas anyone?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >Joe
> >

> It shouldn't be working that way. If you type JD in the To: field then
> the Outlook client will offer up the addresses recently used. You are
> still able to use the "Alt K" to check name, whether the client based
> pre completion has come up or not.
>

> Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP,
> FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm
> Blog: http://www.msexchange.me.uk

It's stuck in Outlook's nickname cache on that user's machine. Have them
start typing it, and then when the wrong one starts to show up, press the
Delete key and it should be gone.

Here's a full description of the behavior and the options to resolve it:

Problem:
========
Outlook 2002 Auto-Nickname completion in the To: field auto-completes with
wrong
email address or other pertainate information.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
<>
Resolution:
==========
There are two resolutions for this issue

1.)  If there is just one auto-complete nickname that is incorrect, perform
the
following:

        a:)  From the drop down box that shows all of the nickname entries,
click
the up arrow on the keyboard to select the bad entry and press the delete
key.
This will purge that single entry from the Nickname file.

2.)  If the user would like to clear the entire nickname cache entries then
perform
the following:

       a.)  Exit out of Outlook
       b.)  Open windows explorer
       c.)  Navigate to the following path:  c:\documents and
settings\<username>\application data\microsoft\outlook
       d.)  Locate the profile name for Outlook, example "User's Profile"
       e.)  Then locate the file with the extension of .NK2  for the above
example
the NK2 file for that Outlook Profile is User's Profile.NK2
       f.)  Rename that file to a .OLD extension
      g.)  Reopen outlook and the cached nickname entries will no longer be
listed.

Thanks,
Richard Roddy
Microsoft Exchange Support

--------------------
>From: "Joey D" <joeydocherty2404@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: user initials and auto correction
>Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 16:44:22 +0100
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.exchange.admin
>
>Mark,
>
>Thanks for your reply.
>I have tried what you suggested but it defaults to another JD. It doesn't
>even give me the option of selecting between the two JDs.
>We have a number of people with the initials of JR and I am prompted to
>select the correct one when I send an email.
>It just doesn't work for the JDs.
>
>I've checked the account has been configured correctly and am out of ideas.
>
>Any more help from anyone would be appreciated.
>
>Joe
>

>"Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> "Joey D" <joeydocherty2404@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi,
>> >
>> >Can someone please help me with the following...?
>> >
>> >People usually type JD in the To: field when they want to send me an
>email
>> >via Outlook. After a recent addition and deletion of another account
with
>> >the initials of JD I'm finding that it is default to this user - and
it's
>> >not even trying to qualify the correct recipient with a list of possible
>> >users, like it does with other similar users.
>> >
>> >I would like it to ask for qualification and also default to my account.
>Any
>> >ideas anyone?
>> >
>> >Thanks,
>> >
>> >Joe
>> >

>> It shouldn't be working that way. If you type JD in the To: field then
>> the Outlook client will offer up the addresses recently used. You are
>> still able to use the "Alt K" to check name, whether the client based
>> pre completion has come up or not.
>>

>> Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP,
>> FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm
>> Blog: http://www.msexchange.me.uk

0
rroddy (682)

Auto Archived emails lost
My boss has auto archiving set up on his laptop. He recently went into the archive folders to pull out some data that was there a week prior and discovered all of the folders were there but no emails remained. We are using Outlook 2003 and recently switched our email from one server to another. Could we have lost the actual emails in the move? Is there anyway to recover them? Any insight appreciated. Unless you kept your .pst files on a server, they are local and should not disappear irrespective of what server moves happened. Ensure that the archive.pst file is the only one. If yes,...

Error when adding new user to CRM
Hello all, I need to add 5 new users into CRM. When I complete the first form for the user information such as Last name, First name, email address, etc, then click the save button I receive an error page and the following message is logged in the Application log. MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: The statement has been terminated. Error Message: The statement has been terminated. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Source File: Not avail...

SBS Exchange 2003: Create new user in AD but no exchange mailbox #3
I'm using SBS 2003. Exchange server is SP2. When I create a new user using Active Directory, it prompts me about creating a mail box. It says it's creating a mailbox, then it's done. But no mailbox appears. In fact, if I use the Exchange tasks wizard, I can create, delete, and recreate the mailbox--all say successful without an error message. And yet, no mailbox. This is even after I reboot the PC and sent email to the address. Any ideas what's going on? mike.aes@gmail.com wrote: > I'm using SBS 2003. Exchange server is SP2. > > When I create a new user ...

Lookup Function in user form
I have a combo box (cboitem1) and a text box (txtprice1). I am using the code below to have txtprice1 fill with the corresponding price the worksheet: Private Sub Cboitem1_Change() If cboItem1 <> "" Then txtprice1.Value = Excel.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(cboItem1.Value, Sheets("Pizzas").Range("A1:B65536"), 2, False) End If End Sub It works perfectly when you enter an existing value in cboitem1. However if 'the user' accidently types a letter that is not the first letter of one of the existing items VB debugging pops up with error &qu...

Excel user information
I am interested in learning about who uses Excel and how they use it. For example, what percentage of users have had formal training; how many use VLookup, or how many build models from scratch. Does anyone know of a source for such information? Thanks. Steve Powell No idea where you would get official stats, if indeed they even exist (Which i doubt), but happy to give you my personal guess:- Formal Training - Less than 1% Use VLOOKUP - Less than 10% Build Models - Depends on definition of what a model is. A couple of cells of data with a formula could be construed as a model, so I...

Could Microsoft create a MSPOS user manual?
My customers are asking for one. Guess we were spoiled by RMS Store Operations having one available after Microsoft updated the SMS Commerce manuals. Makes me expect one for MSPOS even though most software no longer has printed manuals. -- Jeff Faul Merchants Solutions ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and t...

Auto Add-on?
Is There a way to get a dialog box to come up with a specifc item asking if an add on item would like to be purchased? For example... When a designer dress SKU is entered a dialog box pops up and asks if the customer would like to purchase a custom printed garment bag for $5.00. Then press yes to add the additional item and no if not? Thanks Scott, The best you can do out of the box is item messages which will only prompt the cashier, not actually add the item. If you are interested in having this functionality we could certainly design a custom solution for you. For more inform...

User Template crashes Outlook2007
When I select a distribution template from "User Templates in File System" Outlook crashes, sends error amessage, and reloads Outlook. Can't weem to find the problem. ...

Is Auto Expansion (i.e., wrap text) of a cell possible when the cell's contents are based on another cell?
I am trying to display the results from one tab (Tab 1) in another (Tab 2). So, for example, tab 2 contains the formula "=Tab1!A2". However, when the results are too large to fit the cell in tab 2 (i.e., the cell that contains a formula that draws from a cell in tab 1), the wrap text feature does not work unless i first double click in the cell in tab 2. Is there any way around this? Can the wrap text feature work automatically somehow? Or will i need to double click in every cell that contains text that doesn't fit into the cell. Thanks for any suggestions, or VBA code, th...

Look at these corrective patch from the M$ Corp.
--klfnpcmjtycoipg Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="mtziypzfmgunw"; type="multipart/alternative" --mtziypzfmgunw Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="vvajutbbgzpsqryju" --vvajutbbgzpsqryju Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help protect your computer from these vulne...

Adding User Name to footer
I have spreadsheets that go out to a number of users, and they make various changes and print out for themselves. The problems is that no-one knows which version to pick up from a central printer. Can I add the user name to the footer. I also have the path and file in the same area. I would like to end up with : User Name printed 'path/file' on 'date' ...

Auto Filter 03-10-10
When I use Auto Filter and select the criteria I want to filter by and then go back to select all criteria certain rows are hidden, it does show all rows. Anyone know why? Did you mean "it does NOT show all rows"? If yes, then I'm guessing that you have more than one field/column filtered. In xl2003 menus, I'd use: Data|Filter|show all On the xl2007 ribbon, I think it's: Data tab|Sort & Filter group|Clear GV wrote: > > When I use Auto Filter and select the criteria I want to filter by and then > go back to select all criteria cer...

RMS User Question/Problem
Hello, I Downloaded and installed Microsoft Dynamics RMS, but when I first run it (for the first time) it asks me user ID and password, but have not yet established one, and is the first time I run the program! (Or is it comes with some standard user / default?) User ID: 1 Password: password Robert Armstrong RMS Systems Inc. "F.Misle" <F.Misle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B29A28E5-315C-4A1A-9490-A497651736A0@microsoft.com... > Hello, > I Downloaded and installed Microsoft Dynamics RMS, but when I first run it > (for the first...

user name and password not being retained in WindowsMail
I have Vista 32bit sp2, IE8 and WindowsMail. I had this problem on my XP/Outlook Express machine and found an answer, but can't find one for WindowsMail. Please note that I have had this set-up for several months and never incurred this problem. Even earlier today everything was working fine. It looks as if I can send messages, but when I click on send/receive button to receive messages I get a screen asking for my username and password. I have it set to remember in 'tools' 'accounts', but it isn't remembering it. Does anyone have a suggestion on how...

Transferring users from 1.2 to 3.0 upgrade
I am trying to upgrade a 25-user 1.2 installation to a 10-user 3.0 setup. Only 7 of the 25 licenses are being used. When I run the setup, I receive the following message: There are not enough Microsoft CRM 3.0 licenses to include all the users from Microsoft CRM 1.2 in the upgrade. Please add enough licenses to cover all the active users or deactivate some users to match the number of licenses. As I said there are only seven active users, so there shouldn't be a problem. Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this problem? Thanks. Berk; I've never seen the error, but p...

Excel 2002
When I press the left / right or up/down arrow keys in Excel 2002 (Vista) it scrolls the spreadsheet columns or rows, it does not move the cursor form cell to cell. How can I restore the normal cell to cell capability? Thanks Hi Bob Press your Scroll Lock key on the top right HTH John "+Bob+" <nomailplease@example.com> wrote in message news:62hnd5pmurr5fh1cltn1t3ie537pcjb479@4ax.com... > When I press the left / right or up/down arrow keys in Excel 2002 > (Vista) it scrolls the spreadsheet columns or rows, it does not move > the cursor form cell to cell. > > ...

e2k3 sp2: Unknown user name or bad password error
We have an exchange cluster with two nodes that runs exchange 2003 SP2 on windows 2003 Sp1 ent. For security reasons recently I had to change the password for the account under which I installed exchange - the account is exchservice. Since then I get few of the following messages in the security log on the server - any idea how can I stop this? Event Type: Failure Audit Event Source: Security Event Category: Logon/Logoff Event ID: 529 Date: 09/10/2006 Time: 10:30:00 User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: EMILYA Description: Logon Failure: Reason: Unknown user name or bad password Us...

Auto copy dates from one cell to another
I have a multiple page worksheet. In A8 is for the Employee Name and in B8 is for the date. I would like for this information to automatically be placed at A96 and B96 which is the top of the second page within the worksheet and so on for the remainder of the pages. Position cursor in cell A96 and enter the formula: =A$8, and in B96 the formula =B$8 Copy these two cells to the appropriate cells on the other "pages" of your worksheet. Pete Hi Kelly, In cell A96 you fill out the formula =A8 In cell B96 you fill out the formula =B8 this formula tells excel to take the val...

Delivery failures to my users
This might be too broad of a question, but one of my users occasionaly will not get emails from the outside world. I've checked the Event Viewer, modified the Diagnostic Logging Levels, but can't find a reason why she's not getting some emails. Below is what her sender got back when attempting to email her. I obviously changed some information to protect the innocent! Our enviornment is: 1 Exchange 2003 Enterprise Front End Server 1 Exchange 2003 Enterprise Back End Server (ispriv and ispub on here) 1 Exchange 5.5 Enterprise We are in the middle of moving mailboxes frmo 5.5 to 2...

Auto Volume
In Column A I have a Volume Number, Ie 1,2,3, When a name is entered into Column B, I put 1, 2,3 depending on how far I am down the list. Could I enter a formula into A that adds one the previous Volume Number when a Name is entered into the B Column? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Ian, Use in cell A2 and below : =IF(ISBLANK(B5),"",A4+1) In cell A1 you have to enter an initial value (most likely 1) -- Regards, Auk Ales * Please reply to this newsgroup only * * I will not react on unsolicited e-mails * "ianripping >" <<ianripping.10dm...

add public folder calendar to multiple user accounts favorite calendar list. 06-22-10
hey all, i need to add a public folder calendar to multiple user accounts "favorites" calendar list (shows as other calendars) in outlook 2007. i know, from outlook, you can right click and add to favorite to add it to an individual user's "other calendars" but i need to do this for a group of people. is there any way in exchange, gpo, or something to do this automatically based on group membership, etc.? thanks in advance. shrpshtr ...

Rule to auto reply using a dynamic text file as attachment or message body
Using the rules wizard in Outlook 2003, I have been able to create a rule that automatically replies to a sender that has specific words in the subject using "have the server reply using a specific message" or "reply using a specific template". My problem is this: I have a text file located on my local hard drive that is updated by an excel spreadsheet every 15 minutes. When someone sends me an email with specific words in the subject, I want to reply with the text file either as an attachment or inline message (perferred). The issue I am having is that the message speci...

Adding Row an keepin correct SUM
This a reverse of my previous question. I have the following; =1-SUM(F5:F7) 10.00% 9.75% 0.50% If I delete the row with 10% and later wish to add a row after the formula, the formula does not recognize the new row. Is there a way to do this? On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 at 12:09:33, Gianni <gianni@gianni.com> wrote in microsoft.public.excel : >This a reverse of my previous question. > >I have the following; > >=1-SUM(F5:F7) >10.00% >9.75% >0.50% > >If I delete the row with 10% and later >wish to add a row after the formula, >the formula does not recognize...

It auto changes font size on e-mail entries, WHY?
We have a document set up in Excel (version 2000) and when I type in a e-mail address in the contact info area of the document, it automatically decreases the font to a 6 instead of a 16 like the rest of the page. I have tried formatting this cell, and simply saving it as that size on the blank document, but nothing is working. Please help. You can change the format for the Hyperlink style. Format|Style|Style Name: Hyperlink and click modify to change it to what you want. Styles live in the workbook. So changing the hyperlink style in this workbook won't affect any other workboo...

create 2 user in 1 outlook
1. how can i create or add a user in the same outlook mail? 2. how can i create the folder in inbox for the different user in the same mic outlook? 3. can i use the same mic outlook for my mail, means that i just share the mic. off. your regards, k3chikz What version and mode of Outlook are you using? You will need to create either Outlook Profiles or Windows Profiles depending on the answer. Post this information and someone can help you out. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the arc...