User gets married

I have a user who has just gotten married, need to know if there is a way to
have to email address on one mailbox?
0
Marcotte (1)

You can leave the original SMTP address and simply add the new one to her
account.  You can then also set the new SMTP to be her default reply to
address but any email sent to the original will still be accepted as inbound.

"David Marcotte" wrote:

> I have a user who has just gotten married, need to know if there is a way to
> have to email address on one mailbox?
0
Transam388 (53)
1/9/2006 3:41:04 PM
David,

The easiest was to accomplish this is the edit the user in Active Directory
Users and Computers, by right clicking on the user and choosing Rename.
After you edit the user,  apply the changes, and close the dialog box, right
click the user again and then click on Properties and edit the email address
on the account tab; this will create a new and default SMTP address, keeping
the original in place.

To prove this, click on the Email Address tab and note the two SMTP
addresses.  That is all you have to do; now email addressed to either email
address will be delivered to her mailbox.  Hope this helps…

Vincent Martin
MS Exchange 2003 Administrator
MCSE/ MCSA /Win2000

"David Marcotte" wrote:

> I have a user who has just gotten married, need to know if there is a way to
> have to email address on one mailbox?
0
VeMartin (30)

How can i asign MBF roles to user accounts?
Hello. I want to asign to user accounts the next roles: MBF roles: - Order Management Customer - Customer (Advanced role) I was wondering how can I make this Thanks for your help Jose Ponce Aguilar ...

I used Save instead of Save As in Excel. How can I get my origin.
I modified a spreadsheet and accidently pressed Save instead of Save As. The new data is now saved in my existing spreadsheet. Is there a way to recover the original data? Only if ... 1) you had the General Options set to 'Always create backup' and you have not saved a second time. 2) a system administrator has a backup 3) you placed a 2nd copy somewhere else Sorry, Sincerely, Gary Brown "Steve Donnell" wrote: > I modified a spreadsheet and accidently pressed Save instead of Save As. The > new data is now saved in my existing spreadsheet. Is there a way to re...

open excel and get runtime 429 error
when I open excel I get a "runtime 429 error" I hit end then I get ActiveX component can;t create object. I hit end once more and I can use excel 2003 without a problem. How can I get rid of this I am using windows xp sp2 excel 2003 sp3 Transmito Maybe you'll be able to use some of the suggestions at these sites: Chip Pearson has some notes on how to diagnose startup errors: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/StartupErrors.htm And Jan Karel Pieterse has more notes: http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/StartupProblems.asp transmito wrote: > > when I open excel I get a "run...

Recreating a deleted user
I mistakenly deleted a user. I created a new user with the same name but find that the new user is not connected to any of the Exchange e-mails, contacts, or calendar items that appeared before the user by the same name was previously deleted. How do I fix this up? Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks. David HOW TO: Reconnect a mailbox to another user http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2006/03/how-to-reconnect-mailbox-to-another.html -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ------------------------------ "David" &...

Macros
I have created the following macro. Where I am calling in the "Details" Worksheet I would like to call in the same info for all of the Worksheets in the Workbook. How do I do that? Thanks in advance for any help!!!! Sub TMSTabulate() ' For each workbook in source directory ' open workbook ' '* TMSVersion = ThisWorkbook.CustomDocumentProperties("TMSVersion") FiscalYear = 2005 TabCell = 2 Ledger = "BUDGET" Period = 1 With Application.FileSearch .NewSearch .LookIn = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Settings").Range("BDIF...

printing a user form
How can I print all of a user form that is bigger than the screen and uses a scroll bar? Can you change the pc's display properties? Windows start button|settings|control panel|display applet Settings Tab I changed from 1024x768 to 1280x1024 and could see a bit more. (Some pc's (win95???) require a reboot for this to take affect. (Win98 didn't require one.)) (can you print portions at a time if that fails???) matt wrote: > > How can I print all of a user form that is bigger than the > screen and uses a scroll bar? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Moving users from Storage Group to Storage Group in Exchange 2003 SP1
I have two questions. We have an Exchange 2003 SP1 cluster setup with multiple Storage Groups that are preset for one of three limits (100 MB, 250 MB, and 500 MB). When migrating from Exchange 5.5, we inventoried users and put them in the Storage Group that best matched their current mailbox size (and, ability to clean <G>). Now, however, we have users that need to be moved to different limit Groups. 1. Is there a utility that would dynamically show mailboxes in each Group, so that we'd know who's where (and it would scan regularly to detect changes). We have a sprea...

Recipients in groups not getting their emails
Just two days ago half of the recipients in my contact list stopped recieving their emails from me. I tried taking the contacts out and back in again. They do recieve the email if sent one at a time. wierd. It also seems to only be recipients at one domain.....help! ...

Msgs get unread
Have a user whose read msgs get 'unread' once in a while. To my surprise, it happened to me too. One thing common is that we both are on cluster and used Outlook 2002. Our exchange is native-2000. The user uses Outlook 2002 and I use Outlook 2003. However when I logged into my mailbox using Outlook 2002, I noticed that one of my read msg turned to 'unread' Any input as to why this could have happened? Thanks, Henry Henry, The things that pop in my mind are: - Brick Level Backup Software; - A Virusscanner that is not restricted from the Exchange folders. Both pop in my...

Get External Data
I currently have the Student and Teacher edition of Office 2003. I occasionally need the capability to use the Get External Data, New Database Query. When I go to the option under Data it says it is not available. Is it available on this edition of Office 2003 or do I need to upgrade to another edition to get this function? Hi john you have to install MS Query for this. Sou you may insert your installation CD and add this feature (AFAIK should be available also for your version) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany John wrote: > I currently have the Student and Teacher edition ...

Second Exchange server users cannot see Free/Busy
I setup a second Exchange server at my home location and moved a few users with huge mailboxes on to it. Now, anyone on the second server cannot see any free/busy info from anyone else. I also cannot open their calendars from an account on the first server. What could be going on? I have about 200 maliboxes on the first server and 7 on the second. Deleting data is not an option. Any help? Thanks! Hi Ike, saw the same effect at two sites where I installed new Exchange 2003 servers; because I thought that within a site no replication for the FREE/BUZY folder is necessary, I was wondering....

Different dynamics.set settings for users on Terminal Server
Is it possible to have users use different dynamics.set files when they log into Terminal Server? We want to have the same report modified in different ways for different people. -- Charles Allen, MVP You can always have more than one instance of GP on the same box, each with different DYNAMICS.SET settings, in this case, pointing to a different REPORTS.DIC dictionary file. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Charles Allen" w...

Stuck Trying To Get Elements
I am trying to walk through all the elements in each occurance of a selected node but I cannot seem to find the correct syntax to use. A simplified copy of the XML data is shown at the bottom of this post. I want to get a node list for every occurance of <CGShows> and then step through the child nodes for each of those occurances. I am trying code like this: Dim ShowElements As XmlNodeList ShowElements = xmldoc.SelectNodes("/NewDataSet/CGShows/") but it doesn't return a node list. I tried changing it to ShowElements = xmldoc.SelectNodes("/NewDataSet/CGShows/*"...

How do I get the "document title" to print what I want?
I have imported the Word document and formatted it the way I want, but how do I get the title to display oin each page at the top where "document title" displays in the box? There does not seem to be any editing capability to do this... What you are seeing is on what is called the Master Page(s). Go to View>Master Page to access them. Any content on the Master will appear on all pages based on that Master unless you invoke the Ignore Master Page command on any given page. See more about Master Pages in Publisher Help, such as using multiple Masters, headers, footers, layo...

Cannot get date to format correctly
I have a problem. I keep trying to format the date in certain cells, and it keeps wanting to add the time. The date is pasted in from worksheets where I had used a NOW() formula, but I had just pasted in as values to the new worksheet. No matter what I've tried as far as changing the format, it just keeps showing the time. How can I keep the date, but get it to stop showing time? If I read it right, you just need to format the cells Right click, select format cells, General Tab, Custom (bottom of the list) and if not already provided, type in the format you want eg. dd...

Fill Form And Get $5000 To Your Home.
Fill Form And Get $5000 To Your Home At http://welcomesu.co.cc Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque. please don't tell to anyone. ...

Getting Started With Array Serialization
I have a basic understanding of XML and I have a similar basic grasp of VB.NET for developing Windows applications. I am still struggling with the when/where/how in the proper use of OO classes and such. I currently have a set of XML tables that represent serialized arrays that I need to be able to read into a VB application, deserialize to arrays, modify some values and then re-serialize the arrays.In googling to various resources I believe that I want to use attributes such as XmlArray and XmlArrayItem. The samples I found are mostly in C# (I did convert them to VB to study them) and it is ...

"Get Entire Message"

User defined buttons in Toolbars,transfer to another computer
Hi! I made a button in my toolbar in excel for making multiple copies of a sheet. I made a Personal Macro Workbook and put my code into it because i don't know how to make code that will be accessible in every excel, if you know what i mean. So i assigned that macro to the my toolbar button and it works just fine in any excel workbook i open. Now my FIRST question: Is there an easy way to just write code in VB and assign it to my button and that it works in any excel file that i open on my computer? My SECOND question: if I make my own defined MENU with my own commands which have assign...

CRM email templates not viewable by users
We have several email templates in our CRM server, most of them are Global and are viewable by the Organization, the admin is able to view the list and attach all the templates, but the users don't see the template list and thus cannot attach them, any ideas why this might be happening. Hernan Londono Project Manager FLD, Inc. We encountered a similar issue when we created new security roles. Even though we had e-mail template access set to read, we could not see the templates. We discovered that when you set up a new security profile, the Business Unit setting (under Business Mana...

Exporting private contacts for all users
We need to export all private contacts for all users in our Exchange organization to SQL. Exmerge seems to only export in PST format. CSVDE only exports LDAP information. Any suggestions on how to accomplish this? Many thanks! Here is a free utility to export your GAL to an Acess DB. From there, I'm pretty sure there is a way to import it into SQL. http://www.imibo.com/imidev/Exchange/imige.htm James Chong MCSE + Messaging, MCTS msexchangetips.blogspot.com sleestak wrote: > We need to export all private contacts for all users in our Exchange > organization to SQL. Exmerge seem...

Exchange 1221 event getting smaller
In the past month I have moved a 2 gig mail box to another server and removed about 500 megs from othe people's mailboxes. The number in the 1221 event went from 3000MB to 2264MB and its constantly getting smaller. I do not know why I did not get the 2 gigs from moving that mailbox back or the 500 megs? Its exchange 2000 SP3 on Windows 2000 SP4. Does anyone have any suggestions? thanks in advance, J.R. On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 06:39:35 -0800, J.R. Dobyns <JRDobyns@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In the past month I have moved a 2 gig mail box to another server and removed...

Re: Trying to get a line to "jump" over another line.
To all: I am trying to figure out how to get a line to jump over another line on a network diagram but cannot figure out how. I am using Visio 2002 SR-1. I have set the behaviour under line jumps to 'always' and the style to 'arc'. I have also set the reroute option to 'on crossover'. Does anyone have any ideas? TIA. The page setting could have overwritten the line jumps. Click on File \ Page setup \ Layout and Routing to change the line jump settings for the page. "Jay Clukey" <jclukey@rush.edu> wrote in message news:eyj6yx6$DHA.1844@TK2M...

Email User has old data in it
This is a very odd incident. We have a user that when their name shows up in Outlook, they have another user's name in parentheses beside their name. The other user is someone who was here temporarily over 5 years ago. I have looked in Active Directory using ADSI and advanced view of all properties of this user account and cannot see why this old additional data is showing up. It also shows up in the backup selections in Veritas for Exchange. This must be some corruption when the system was migrated from NT 4.0 to 2000 or from Exchange 5.5 to 2000 years ago? Does anyone know wh...

Outlook not switching to new user
Often, when I try to switch users in Oulook 6 (for XP) the program seems to become 'unavailable' and the only way I've found toget it back is to logoff. Does anyone konw why this might be thr case Thanks ...