User distribution lists do not appear in GAL

Hello All,

Today I had a problem with my Exchange 2003 server for the distribution
lists and their GAL  (Global Address List) listings. I solved the *my*
problem and I would like to share it as a reference..(The problem might
be different than yours but hope it may help somebody)

---- The Problem ---

The distribution groups that are created under the "Active directory
Users and Computers" Panel do not appear in GAL , even after the RUS
(Recipent Update Service) is updated over the accounts.

Additional info
A ) The groups were apperaring under the All Global Address List >
Default Address List
B ) The groups were apperaring under the All Groups

C) Created a new user under the Active directory Users and Computers.
After two hours waiting No email adress was given to the user by
Exchange. In the "event viewer" these errors were found on Exch.
Server.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeSA
Event Category: General
Event ID: 2037
The file version of 'Address\TYPE\I386\3RDPARTY.dll' installed on the
local server is not current. Unable to locate a correct version on any
server in the site.

--Solution---
A third party DLL was missing for the email address generation. Copied
from another exchange server using the same folder structure.

For more information:

Regards,
Ras

0
ras.list (1)

Altsoft announces Xml2PDF commercial distribution
Altsoft announces Xml2PDF commercial distribution July 29, 2004 Altsoft N.V. Altsoft N.V. announces commercial distribution of Xml2PDF family of products. Altsoft Xml2PDF is a .NET based formatting engine for converting XSL-FO and SVG files to PDF. It supports the following formats as an input: - XSL-FO, a primary input format for Xml2PDF. XSL-FO conformance list can be downloaded at http://www.alt-soft.com/pdf/xsl-fo-objects-conformance.pdf - XML and XSL Transform to XSL-FO; - SVG is supported both as a stand-alone input format and as a part of XSL-FO. See current SVG conformance list at...

give the user the ability to enhance/modify a report
I have an vb.net 2008 winforms application that I have build which has some reports (ms reports not crystal) included. I assume that these reports are compiled into my application so when they end user installs my application there is nothing they can do with them. I want to be able to have the ability for the user to make some basic changes to suit there needs. thinks like basic layout and changing the logo and stuff like that.. maybe add a fields if thats an option.. What is the best way to do this... can I have the report file installed in a way that allows the user to ed...

Distribution List #3
I have Outlook 2002 - I want to set up a distribution list but do not want each person on the list to view each other email address - Just want the TO: line to be generic (e.g. EVERYONE) Thanks, Bob Hi Bob, In order to hide e-mail addresses from other recipients, type your address in the To field and place the distribution list in the Bcc field of the e-mail message. For more information on , please refer to Knowledge Base article ID: 257599.KB.EN-US, OL2000: How to Hide E-mail Addresses from Other Recipients You can access this article by clicking on the link below. http://support.m...

Contact list question
I now have my contacts listed online with a Windows Live ID. But, I notice the display in WLM is different ... depending on if I am logged into Windows Live ID or not. When I am not logged in, I see all my Groups (or Categories) but when I am logged in, I see none. The total contacts is the same. Is there any way to duplicate the Group/Categories when online? Tom You are looking at two independent contact lists. Any changes made while logged in will not be reflected when not logged in and vice versa. You would have to manually recreate the groups while logged in. ...

Query-based Distribution Groups Attribute Question
A student asks: When a new attribute is added to a user class object in the schema, does that attribute automatically appear in the choices one has when configuring a query in the definition of a Query-based Distribution Group? If not, how would one get it to appear? Many thanks in advance! JB Fields jbfields@msn.com ...

folder access by mail-enabled user
We have a mail-enabled user, one with a credential but an off-site mailbox at their home site. How can this user gain access to the Exchange mailbox Inbox folder of a local user? They can be given permissions, but OWA (2007) does not allow drill down to the user... HankC The user will have to log into that mailbox separately. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "HankC" <clarkc@missouri.edu> wrote in message news:d739ad46-fa2e-43dc-a4b1-04006badddd9@d21g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... >...

Which one of the below list is UNICODE charset?
Which one of the below list is UNICODE charset? from msdn: ================================================================ lfCharSet Specifies the character set. The following values are predefined. ANSI_CHARSET BALTIC_CHARSET CHINESEBIG5_CHARSET DEFAULT_CHARSET EASTEUROPE_CHARSET GB2312_CHARSET GREEK_CHARSET HANGUL_CHARSET MAC_CHARSET OEM_CHARSET RUSSIAN_CHARSET SHIFTJIS_CHARSET SYMBOL_CHARSET TURKISH_CHARSET VIETNAMESE_CHARSET Korean language edition of Windows: JOHAB_CHARSET Middle East language edition of Windows: ARABIC_CHARSET HEBREW_CHARSET Thai language edition of Window...

How to delete text when it only appears in print review Publisher
I have a hidden x that can't be seen to delete it in publisher. It is visable in print review and prints out on paper How to find and remove it Maybe it is on the background. In Publisher 2000 and below, view, background, newer Publisher, view Master page. Do you have the picture detail selected? View, pictures, detailed display. Try selecting sections of the publication, it might become active. Is it a crop mark? If all fails, send the file to me, I'd like to see what is going on... Remove "my" to reply. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvp...

Not able to remove the indentation in the list control after removing the imagelist
Hi, Anyone can help me. In my application once I remove the imagelist from the list control, indentation or space exists in the list control. I tried with setting iImage and iIndent members of LVITEM structure to -1. But no luck. Thanks in Advance, Balu. You could try calling Detach() for the image list in the CListCtrl. For example: CListCtrl *pMyList; // Added image list using SetImageList() pMyList->GetImageList()->Detach(); http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/b75edw6k.aspx Tom "balu" <balakrishnakk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1158207742.071489...

553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) #2
I keep having this message when I send emails. The pop and smtp are different. Thank for your help 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) Are you set up to authenticate to your SMTP server, if your ISP requires it? isaac wrote: > I keep having this message when I send emails. The pop and > smtp are different. > Thank for your help > 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed > rcpthosts (#5.7.1) ...

Public Folders not listed on Folder List
I cannot see Public Folders on my Outlook 2003 SP2 Folder List. I am using Exchange 5.5 SP4. Please help. Have you permission to see each folder? /Lasse "M P" <mark@textguru.ph> wrote in message news:ORUUCoMpGHA.3584@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I cannot see Public Folders on my Outlook 2003 SP2 Folder List. I am using >Exchange 5.5 SP4. Please help. > Could you see them yesterday? Describe what happened - what changes did you make to the system? .. -- Judy Gleeson Microsoft Most Valuable Professional Outlook www.acorntraining.com.au "Lasse Pette...

create a list of email addresses
I have about 50 individual emails and would like to make a list of those email addresses to send out other emails to those people. Is there anyway that outlook can create an excel sheet or group with a command, instead of dealing with each individual email. Does this make sense? Outlook 2003 Windows XP Thank You Meg "********Meg" <alumni(removethis)@swedishinstitute.edu> wrote in message news:uObgCQClIHA.2368@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I have about 50 individual emails and would like to make a list of those >email addresses to send out other emails to those peopl...

Why is Bank of America CA not on list of bank in new Microsoft Money Plus Home and Business
Hi, I see Bank of America (All except CA, WA, and ID) and then Bank of America (WA and ID). Am I missing something or am I interpreting this incorrectly? In microsoft.public.money, ado510@gmail.com wrote: >Hi, I see Bank of America (All except CA, WA, and ID) and then Bank of >America (WA and ID). Am I missing something or am I interpreting this >incorrectly? There have been some recent changes in the Bank of America statement download area: From http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx?FirstLetter=B&FinananceOrganisationType=BanksOnly#14 there are 3 choices now show...

VBA To Deliver Object List?
Can I write a single VBA loop to enumerate all objects within an Excel .XLS? Or do I have to know the object types/container names and enumerate the contents of each? -- PeteCresswell see: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&query=list+objects&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.excel.programming&p=1&tid=cb2f7677-be8c-40b0-bfa9-2305acd4d167 -- Gary's Student "(PeteCresswell)" wrote: > Can I write a single VBA loop to enumerate all objects within an Excel .XLS? > > Or do I have to know...

How to a mailbox to a user
I have only one exchange server and i want to move a mailbox to a specific user as the user name has changed. Is it possible? A fast response would be appreciated Shanthi One way would be to just change the user's login to the new one, change first/last name, display name....and change the SMTP address(es), change the profile directory & home directory names, too. Create a new Outlook profile for him/her so the old display name won't show up anywhere. Shanthi wrote: > I have only one exchange server and i want to move a > mailbox to a specific user as the user name ...

Any way to delete a user?
I have installed a few users into our CRM1.2 setup, and I would like to remove them, one has a license attached which I cannot remove through the CRM GUI or Manager. Is there any way to delete these old users? Thanks Mark I think just remove that License from that particular user and you will be able to make use of it onto another user later on should you wish. I believe you cann't delete the users because there would be history tied behind them and hence not allowing you the option of deleteing. Regards Fakhruddin "Mark Chaplin" <mark@discgotech.com> wrote in messag...

exporting list
Hallo, I have a little problem i'm trying to solve. I would like to know the way to export a list of all e-mail adresses from mij exchange 5.5 server. somebody told me that there was a way to make a report using crystal reports but i have been trying this also without succes. if anybody kan helpme whith this please let me know. Thanks http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;278154&Product=ech http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;155414&Product=ech Martin Salazar wrote: > Hallo, > I have a little problem i'm trying to solve. > I ...

user unable to deliver mail to us....
I was recently notified that one of our customers has been trying for the last two days to get an email to us (someone@truenorthloghomes.com) and they keep receiving an NDR. Why might an external user (domain is symaptico.ca) be unable to get mail to us? Could this be a potential problem with our Exchange server - or more likley a problem with our DNS provider or his provider? We have been receiving tons of external mail so I know that is working. What causes some email to bouce and other mail to be ok? Thanks, Brad Brad Pears wrote: > I was recently notified that one of our custome...

Block incoming messages for a certain user
I have what I think is a relatively simple problem, but don't know how to do it. I would like to block all incoming mail to a specific email address, with a list of exceptions that are allowed to send. Here's the situation: I have a young daughter that I'd like to give an Exchange account to. However, I'd like to block all but select addresses, but only for her account. Everyone else on the server should be unaffected. I'd like to do this on the Exchange server rather than in the client, since blocking it in Outlook, for example, would still show it in OWA. Ideally w...

POP Invoive Edit List not coming out for 1 transaction
Hi, We are trying to print the edit list in the purchasing invoice entries but there is no output for 1 particular entry. We dont have issue in other entries. The data are correct and I can see that the system is printing in the Process Monitoring but no output in screen, printer and even in file. What can be the problem. Kindly help, thank you. Since this is unposted why not delete this entry and auto invoice again. The original PO Invoice details may have been corrupted. Just keeping the solution simple. Cheers "Bunxie" wrote: > Hi, > > We are trying to p...

Get rid of mail from bogus users on 2003
How do you prevent mail for bogus addresses from being saved to the "Bad Mail" folder on 2003. I just want it deleted when their is no user account. Pre SP1 I think you have to make a registry change, check out http://support.microsoft.com for that, or just install Service Pack 1 for Exchange 03' be default badmail is deleted once sp1 is on. "Jordan" <nojunk_allowed@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23SDPfM%234EHA.2592@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How do you prevent mail for bogus addresses from being saved to the "Bad > Mail" folder on 2...

Multiple E-mail Address for 1 User with Forwarding
Is it possible to create 2 E-mail addresses for one user and have the 2nd forward to the first? TIA. -- Regards, Allan C They are currently running Exchange Server 5.5 sp4. The scenario is that one user is receiving a lot of Spam. He would like to change his E-mail address * now * before he can contact everyone. Even if he did, some people will send to his old address by mistake. So, we would like to have 2 addresses running concurrently so nothing drops in the bit bucket. We would like to have the first address (with the Spam) forward to the 2nd so that he doesn't have to login ...

outlook 2k, win xp pro, OLK folder, and users
Hey all. Need some help here. I don't even know if there is a way to do force this. Here is the scenario: User receives email with attachment in outlook User open email User opens attachment (word, excel, whatever) User makes changes to document User clicks on File, chooses Save As Word for example, wants to save the file in hidden directory such as "C:\Documents and Settings\jim bob\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\olk1234" User tries to browse for it, can't find it. Now if the user does this: User receives email with attachment in outlook User opens email Use...

Data structure for sorted list
I'm looking for ideas on how to create a sorted list that executes in the shortest possible time. Facts about the app: * Presently, it builds a vector from external data, then quicksorts it * Each data node has several (potentially long) strings to sort on, which makes makes comparisons quite slow * The number of nodes can vary from several dozen to tens of thousands. * It's compiled with VC6, though if needed, an upgrade to 2008 would be considered Would a binary tree be the way to go? stl::map? Would another structure execute faster than a simple quicksort? Any thoughts wou...

changing GAL view fields in Outlook
I have Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 clients. I want to add and remove some of the default fields when opening the GAL in Outlook > (tools/ Address Book). The default fields are: Name; Business Phone; Title; Company; Alias; E-mail type; E-mail Address. I want to add Home Phone and Mobile phone (fields that are already in AD) to this list and I want to remove the fields: E-mail Type and E- mail Address. I know I can view it if I double click on the person but I want to be able to view all at once instead of wasting time opening each one. TIA .. As far as I know, there's ...