User Deleted Sent Items folder, trying to restore from exchange M:

User delete Sent items folder, so I got on M: drive of exchange and found the users folders on exchange.  I copied the email in sent items to users pc, then copied them to MS outlook.  But the email are in there but does not list "To" tag info on the display.  Is there another way to do this, that will restore the "To" tag info.  So the user can tell whom she sent the emails to without having to open each individual email?
0
anonymous (74722)

"Scott" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>User delete Sent items folder, so I got on M: drive

Repeat after me: THERE IS NO M: DRIVE . . . THERE IS NO M: DRIVE . . .
THERE IS NO M: DRIVE . . .

Stay away form that thing. It'll cause you more trouble than you deal
with.

If the "Sent Items" folder was removed you can run Outlook from the
command line with the "/Resetfolders" switch.

>of exchange and found the users folders on exchange.  I copied the email in sent items to users pc, then copied them to MS outlook.  But the email are in there but does not list "To" tag info on the display.  Is there another way to do this, that will restore the "To" tag info.  So the user can tell whom she sent the emails to without having to open each individual email?

If the info is on the message, why not make sure that the column you
want is in the set selected by the current "View" of the folder?

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
"Scott" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I understand the M: is a virtual drive, but I that is where I had found the
>emails in the users sent to folder.
>I will try the switch command.
>And about the column, the "to" column is there but no info for each email that I copied back to
>there show in the "To" column, just blank...
>I will try the command though...thanks..

Using file-level commands on information from the database is usually
an "iffy" thing to do. When you copied the files, they were .EML
files, right? If you open them with Outlook Express does the correct
information show up?

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Delete dead mailbox from active directory
We have four exchange servers - two E2K and two E2k3. One of the E2k server just died due to corrupt array control. We had no mailboxes or anything else on that server. One of our administrator must have created one mailbox on that server by mistake and he never realized that until now. server died and we deleted that mailbox from active directory but, when i try to remove the server from system manager i get message saying can't remove because there are mailboxes associated with this information store. Is there any other way i can remove that server from active directory or s...

How do you delete an Assembly Item?
I have an assembly item code, and I want to delete it to make it inactive. I cannot find any help on this, nor can I actually FIND the assembly item. Please help!! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0461_01C6F844.55DE89B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Nutribodies, You can't make an Assembly inactive as its not really an item, just a = reference to a group of items. You can delete it though. One way of finding items is by their Item type. Click on the Item Type = column header and th...

OWA. CA's. and Exchange 2007

Can you delete Business Alerts?

Offline Folders #5
I am trying to get an outlook client setup so that it automatically opens offline without prompting the user. Does anyone know if this is possible, if so how to do it. Thanks Phil pearson In the properties of the e-mail account (Tools, Options, Mail Setup, E-mail Accounts, View or Change existing e- mail accounts) if this is an Exchange e-mail account, highlight it and hit Change, then More Settings. Select Manually Control Connection State, then select Work Offline and Use Dialup Networking. This should give you the desired effect. >-----Original Message----- >I am trying ...

users with restricted access

SBS 2003 moving of users files

Mail enabled public folders / spam
Hello, For each of my users inbox I have exchange mark mail with the SCL and move anything over my threshold into their junk mail folder. This works pretty well and eliminates nearly all of the spam we get. I have not thus far managed to work out how to get this working for mail enabled public folders. How can I set this up (perhaps nominating anotehr folder as the 'junk mail' folder) or something similar? TIA, Nick ...

User unknown
I made a new user on the exchange server, but if i want to make the account in outlook, Outlook says: "the name could not be matched to a name in the adresslist" I don't know what to do anymore. All the rights are the same as my collegea. can somebody help me? Go back to AD where you created the account, preferably on the Exchange Server. Is there an email address listed? If there isn't then right click on the Recipient Update Service in ESM and click update now. Advise what happens then... >-----Original Message----- >I made a new user on the exchange server, b...

Office 2007 forms

Moving Exchange #5

Backing Up Exchange Database

Exchange 2003 IMAP and Postini

Outlook 2003

BCC view of already sent message(s)
Once I did send a message(s) to BCC recipients...How do I review or see whom I did send the message in my "message sent folder? Select the message in your Sent Items folder. Press Ctrl+F3. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "FoxBravoMetroDeltaOscar" = <FoxBravoMetroDeltaOscar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:C8E184C0-8EDA-4608-A2C6-ED244211A40B@microsoft.com... > Once I did send a message(s) to BCC recipients...How do I review or = see whom=20 > I did sen...

Troubleshooting Exchange
I'm just wanting to write some 'proof of concept' scripts relating to Exchange that would help in troubleshooting any issues. Like the Exchange connections/second, etc. Are there any other qualitative data that can be used in general troubleshooting? Marco ...

Creating Exchange 2003 organization

Remade Folders, Now Old Email Gone
I created a couple new profiles so I could separate my work and personal emails when I work from home. At the end of the process, when prompted by Outlook to remake my folders, I foolishly remade my folders. Now, all my old emails which were in my Inbox have gone missing. I searched for pab and pst files but they are not to be found. Any ideas will be most appreciated. Geoff You didn't even post your Outlook version or operating system. How are we supposed to help? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Geoff Robinson" <geoffr2@aol.com> wrote in message news:978b35e2.0406091...

Outlook, Palm Pilot, and Exchange Server
I'm using Outlook with an Exchange Server (2000 Small Business). I installed the software for the Palm Pilot and now it prompts with a dialog box for the user to chose the following when they reply, forward or reply to all on an e-mail message. A Program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No". Allow access for (if you check the box) it gives 1, 2, 5 and 10 minutes. If you say no it lets you reply, forward, and reply to all. This is a nuisance more than ...