user control of distro lists

I have set up some distro lists in AD. We have all 2003 servers and exchange
2003. I want to allow multiple users (if possible) to add and remove users to
and from these lists. I saw a post already detailing this but I get no
security tab on the dostro lists I created. I made the lists Universal and
Distribution when I set them up.

What do I need to do?

Thanks.
0
MikeB1 (60)

you need to view "advanced features" in your aduc console...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"MikeB" <MikeB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have set up some distro lists in AD. We have all 2003 servers and
>exchange
> 2003. I want to allow multiple users (if possible) to add and remove users
> and from these lists. I saw a post already detailing this but I get no
> security tab on the dostro lists I created. I made the lists Universal and
> Distribution when I set them up.
>
> What do I need to do?
>
> Thanks.

0
sconkey (3059)
11/16/2006 11:07:25 PM
In ADUC console - View | Advanced?

--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"MikeB" <MikeB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have set up some distro lists in AD. We have all 2003 servers and
>exchange
> 2003. I want to allow multiple users (if possible) to add and remove users
> and from these lists. I saw a post already detailing this but I get no
> security tab on the dostro lists I created. I made the lists Universal and
> Distribution when I set them up.
>
> What do I need to do?
>
> Thanks.

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
11/16/2006 11:09:16 PM
MikeB <MikeB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have set up some distro lists in AD. We have all 2003 servers and exchange
>2003. I want to allow multiple users (if possible) to add and remove users to
>and from these lists. I saw a post already detailing this but I get no
>security tab on the dostro lists I created. I made the lists Universal and
>Distribution when I set them up.
>
>What do I need to do?

In the ADUC, click the "View | Advanced features" menu item.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" wrote:

> MikeB <MikeB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I have set up some distro lists in AD. We have all 2003 servers and exchange
> >2003. I want to allow multiple users (if possible) to add and remove users to
> >and from these lists. I saw a post already detailing this but I get no
> >security tab on the dostro lists I created. I made the lists Universal and
> >Distribution when I set them up.
> >
> >What do I need to do?
>
> In the ADUC, click the "View | Advanced features" menu item.
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

0
MikeB1 (60)

SORBS : Blocked List
Does anyone know of good Block List for emails that are free? I am trying to setup Exch2003 to block spam as much as possible. Thanks I found SORBS but am not sure what the proper settings are for this. Here is some of what they list. Do I configure this in the Ex2003 "Message Delivery" or DNS I would think Exchange, but I am not sure. If I type the addresses below I get an actual webpage, not a listed of blocked sites. How does this work. dnsbl.sorbs.net - Aggregate zone (contains all the following DNS zones) http.dnsbl.sorbs.net - List of Open HTTP Proxy Servers. ...

How to check a list for single letters between text
Hi everyone, i need some help regarding a big list of entries and dont want to put the data manually. In my list i have some Filenames which contain different information, but there are some significant letters which tells me, which file i have. it's like: FirstNumber_A_Date.pdf SecondNumber_B_Date.pdf ThirdNumber_C_Date.pdf There are only 5 different types of documents which are catagorized by those letters, A, B and C I want to create a =IF function which will write the name of Doc Type into a seperate Column in the same sheet. Filenames a...

outlook distribution lists #2
if i set up and name a distribution list, will each member of the group know who everyone else is? Well "knowing" is quite a lot but they do see eachothers address if you use the To or CC field. Better is to use the BCC field. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij.net (I changed my reply address; remove all CAPS and _underscore...

utilising drop down lists
i need help using excel's drop down lists. i've searched through the group but can't make sense of anything to be used in my case. i have different columns as different categories and the rows make up the data. i want to make it such that each header is a drop down list, which will be made up of the data under it. when i select that data, it will show the data. however, i want the headers to be a split window up top, and when i select a value, the value is shown in the bottom split. is this possible? hope i was clear. thanks for any help. I think data validation will be helpful h...

Migrating Outlook settings from local user account to domain user accounts
Howdy - we are in the process of moving all of our workstations onto a WS2k3 controlled domain. Most of our users have Outlook 2003 as the mail client, and I'm trying to find a way to move all their settings across onto the new profile of their machines (we use an IMAP server, not an exchange server btw) At the moment we are using a script to copy most of their old settings (desktop, quick launch, my docs etc) from their local profile into the new profile location on the server - however we're not getting the outlook settings. Whilst all the settings can be recreated reasonably easi...

restricting users from editing the emails
hello, We use office 2003 and 2007, wherein the user can open a mail in his inbox, go to edit option , edit the email and save it there itself. now if we see in the inbox, this email shows the edited contents and not the orginally sent mail. I do not want the users to edit mails , plz suggest me how to disable this 'edit message' option on either user level or on the server. Also i dont want to use the windows right management as this would only help the inernal senders but how can the mails received from external parties be also gaurded from being edited by users. P...

Log details of CRM users
Can I track the CRM users login time and logout time details? Any help is appreciated. TIA Sunitha ...

Limiting Users mail box size
I have a Exchange Server 2003 SP1 on a 2003 Server SP1 and what I am needing to do is lock down about 500 mailboxes for the size of what there mailbox can be for size and then I have another 100 users I don't want to apply this to how would I go about doing this other than hitting each user account? Thanks for any help. Roger Crawford HTS .. Create another Private store and move there 100 users. Make new MailBox policy , configure to limit XXX Mb and apply to first private store where you have 500 users. -- Best Regards. "Roger Crawford" wrote: > I have a Exchang...

Can a user form be opened from a macro??
Hi All, I have a macro that will format project files based on their projec number. in order to record the prject number. I have created a form fo the user to enter the project number. My problem is entering a comman line to open the form once the user selects which type of project fil is to be formatted (a popup window first displays in the macro). would like for the user form to popup if the correct button is clicke on the original popup window. How? -- mike70 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mike703's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.p...

Getting big amounts of mail between 2 users
Hi all I have a user on the network who receives all the applications for the vacancies advertised. The financial manager now wants to view the applications for her comment. the person responsible for the vacancies but it in different folders under her inbox e.g Secretary applications go to a secreatary folder, etc Question: How do i make the applications available to the Financial Manager who wants to browse through it. I was thinking of creating a additional mailbox e.g username.applications and add it to both users profile so that the first user can just drag the mails in there and...

Exchange CPU 100% only when users access the server
I have a server that has these specs: Win 2000 SP4 (fully updated) Exchange 2000 SP3 (fully updated) 1.3 Ghz 1GB RAM that is going hay-wire. The server seems to run fine when no one is accessing the server, but when the server starts receiving requests from the users, the CPU pegs at 100%. Another funny factor that is strange is the database size. The database keeps growing... We started from a freah defragged database this morning at ~7GB and now, as I type this, the database has grown to be the size ~11.2GB. I have looked at the mailboxes and I dont see any apparent change in their ma...

Deleted Anonymous User in Calendar
Hey, One of my users deleted the anonymous user in the Calendar permissions, and now everyone can see the descriptions of his appointments from their machine with the scheduling assistant We are running Exchange Server 2007 so the PFDAVadmin won't work. Simply re-creating an "anonymous" user has not worked. Thanks, James According to the download page PFDAVADMIN is supported with Exchange 2007: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=635BE792-D8AD-49E3-ADA4-E2422C0AB424&displaylang=en -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technol...

550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for user@domain.com #2
I'm running Exchange 2003 on server 2003 sp1 and im getting relaying errors from external domains. I can send to internal and external users ok, but if someone from an external domain (gmail.com, yahoo.com, etc) try to send me a message i get this error: Technical details of permanent failure: PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 9): 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for user@domain.com I checked my mx record and everything seems to be ok. ive been reading up on relaying, and from what i understand, i shouldnt have to enable relaying unless i want an external user in domain1 to send mail through my e...

MVP's
Looking for people who might be interested in co-authoring or participating in a project with potential commercial exposure. You're very good at this thing called Excel. In fact, you're the experts. We come to you when we don't understand. Have you ever thought about publishing a book on Excel? Not just another Excel how to book. A different kind of book. If interested, please reply to: biff_in_pitt@comcast.net ...

Distribution Lists #13
Hello, (I hope this is the right group to post in, if not let me know) In our organization we use Query Based Distribution Lists for some of our internal mailling lists. My question is how can UserA from office A be also included in office B DL if they are lists based on queries? There is no place in the DL properties to just add a user to that DL. The QBDL can only contain users based on the AD Query. I've checked all the properties for the DL but I can't see anywhere where I can just add a user to another list without being queried. Has anyone run into this before and what...

RICHEDIT / ActiveX control
I'm desparately trying to write an implementation of a Rich Text Box (RICHEDIT control) to use in an application but I think I will feel like I'm trying to cut down a forest with a pair of scissors if I write the whole application in C++, so I'm trying to create an MFC ActiveX control to use in ..NET, and when I do - it pops up a nice little dialog box entitled "Application settings" saying "What type of control do you want to base your new MFC ActiveX control on?" Aaaah!! nice!! methinks. But alas! I find that the RICHEDIT control isn't in the list! W...

Access 2000 Controls Wizard Not Working...
Hi all, I am currently trying to learn to use access 2000 to create simple databases. Unfortunately the Control Wizard has stopped working and I am unable to get it working again. I have clicked the Control Wizard button on the tool bar, but when I place a control (button, combo box, etc. etc.) it does not come up with the wizard screen. It just places the control object onto the form. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling bu the problem persists. I am using Windows XP (SP3) and Office 2000. Hi Rob, > I am using Windows XP (SP3) and Office 2000. First, make su...

Custom Smart Lists missing after SP7
It appears that we no longer have any of our custom smart list reports after the upgrade. Is there any way to restore or recover this. Which dictionary do custom smart lists reports get stored? We may have a backup of that dictionary. ------=_NextPart_0001_3EBC268F Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello and thank you for using Newsgroups! Can you clarify the following: Are you referring to Smartlist favorites? These you create within Smartlist and it allows you to specify additional search criteria for smartlist objects. If this is the case, these are stor...

password controlled files
Background - A colleague of mine died and his wife is trying to recover files in Excel for his Tax etc (in Switzerland) - she i saverage user capable - he password protected all his files and she does not know how to proceed. Request - any advice on procedures, contacts or services that would help her or a company representative in Switzerland to open these files and get data to a non protected version so probate can be processed. i am deliberately not asking for detailed answers for security reasons - if there is a simple procedure please post back to me to be followed up outside o...

Personal Distribution List client limits
I've got a user who has created quite a few Personal Distribution lists in her Outlook 2003 Contacts. A few of the lists are over the 128 user limit so she's getting the "Out of Exchange Memory" errors when attempting to edit them. We've been able to export her Contacts to a .PST and sucessfully open the DL. We've also been able to import it into another user's Contacts and they can open the list without problem. Is the Personal Distribution list limit mailbox-specific or DL specific? In other words, If a user has many small DL's, will they get the e...

Query won't show alphabetical list
Simple problem but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I have an employee lookup list that will not alphabetize. When I use the employee name table for the row source type, I get the full list but it's not alphabetized. When I use an alpha query that I created from the same table for the row source type, I get a blank -- no names, no list. Do you know what I'm missing? Please let me know if you need more information. Thanks. AEWatkins New Jersey -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200707/1 On Wed, ...

new user
I am looking for a way to link cells in a range from a row on one sheet to a range in a colum on another sheet. Is there a quick way to do this as i am attepmting to create 25 linked pages for info sorting. thanks Lee, I'm not sure I quite understand what you're doing, but this is how I tried to replicate what you describe. 1-On one worksheet, I entered some values in a row (Sheet1!A10:M10). 2-On another worksheet, I selected a cell (Sheet2!A1), typed an equal sign, switched to the first worksheet, clicked the first cell in the row (A10), and pressed Enter. That linked me to the f...

User Function Update upon opening
I've created a function module with the following function:- Function User() User = Application.UserName EndSub Cell A1 now has a formula " =User()" This returns the User name to the cell as required. Ie "Joe Bloggs" Now if "Joe Bloggs" saves the workbook and another user "Jim Smith" opens the workbook "Joe Bloggs" still appears in Cell A1. Deleting the contents of Cell A1 and re-entering the function "=User()" will now return "Jim Smith" as the user as required. So my question is how to get excel to update ...

Hebrew Text on controls
Hello, I am using controls (VC 6.0), such as form. I want to change the caption of the form of something including Hebrew text. I see on design time that everything is OK (I have changed the form font to : david, which can be seen as Hebrew), and when I run the program, I see that Hebrew is not displayable (it display gurbish). Thanks :) This should have worked, if that font has Hebrew characters in positions 00..FF. When you say you changed the form font, do you mean at design time? Are you sure this is the font actually in effect at the time the control is running? Try this in your O...

Deleting unwanted List Styles...
How do I delete List Styles that I no longer want. I can see them in the List style list and have read about the ListGal.dat file (which I don't want to delete because it contains other lists I use). Suggestions? Thanks Robin The lists that you see in the list library section of the list gallery can be removed (right click the list icon to see the option) from the list gallery, although I am not sure that they are actually deleted. List styles, which you see in the list styles section of the list gallery, can be deleted in manage styles. Pam Robin wrote: >How ...