User cannot delete message - plugging local delivery queue

We have a user using Outlook 2000 who cannot delete a
message.  When she tries to delete the message she
recieves an error message which state that access is
denied and that the message could not be found.  This
messages apparently has her mailbox somewhat frozen in
that I can see 20 messages in my local delivery queue
waiting to be delivered to her.  What is the best way to
proceed to get that message out of her Inbox to see if
that is what is preventing her mail being delivered?

Thanks
Gary
0
anonymous (74722)

have you tried doing a <shift delete>?

"Gary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have a user using Outlook 2000 who cannot delete a
> message.  When she tries to delete the message she
> recieves an error message which state that access is
> denied and that the message could not be found.  This
> messages apparently has her mailbox somewhat frozen in
> that I can see 20 messages in my local delivery queue
> waiting to be delivered to her.  What is the best way to
> proceed to get that message out of her Inbox to see if
> that is what is preventing her mail being delivered?
>
> Thanks
> Gary

0
susan7353 (1225)
6/15/2004 3:12:38 PM
Susan,

Thanks for the suggestion.  It still does not allow me to
delete the message.  The exact error message is.... "The
item could not be deleted.  It was either moved or already
deleted, or access was denied."

Do you know of a utility in Exchange that perhaps if I
rebuild this particular mailbox would help solve the
probem?

0
anonymous (74722)
6/15/2004 3:43:15 PM
have you tried deleting it from OWA?  if that fails, you might want to try
exmerging it out of the mailbox, based on the subject line...to rebuild the
mailbox, you'd have to save the contents, then delete and recreate the
mailbox...what version of Exchange?

> Susan,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion.  It still does not allow me to
> delete the message.  The exact error message is.... "The
> item could not be deleted.  It was either moved or already
> deleted, or access was denied."
>
> Do you know of a utility in Exchange that perhaps if I
> rebuild this particular mailbox would help solve the
> probem?

0
susan7353 (1225)
6/15/2004 4:15:38 PM
Gary,

Apperently you have a corrupted message in the store, this KB should help:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=832562

Before going there, these might work:
* Try using Shit+Delete (i guess you said it didn't help?)
* Mark the message before and after the corrupted message, and delete them all.
* Try deleting from OWA.
* Try deleting from an older Exchange32 client.

I hope it helps :)

- Jonathan Levison.

"Gary" wrote:

> Susan,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion.  It still does not allow me to
> delete the message.  The exact error message is.... "The
> item could not be deleted.  It was either moved or already
> deleted, or access was denied."
>
> Do you know of a utility in Exchange that perhaps if I
> rebuild this particular mailbox would help solve the
> probem?

0
Levison (1)
6/15/2004 4:28:01 PM
Jonathan,

Thanks for your help.  I did try to delete from OWA but
was not successful.  I will try the KB article when this
person gets back into the office.

Gary

0
anonymous (74722)
6/15/2004 6:07:56 PM
Susan,

I have tried to delete it from OWA but to no avail.  We
are using Exchange Server 2003.  As for exmerge, you would
know that this particular message does not have anything
in the subject.  I am going to try the instructions that
Johnathan sent concerning KB 832562.  If that doesn't
help, I will post my problem again.  I appreciate your
trying to help.

Gary

0
anonymous (74722)
6/15/2004 6:17:36 PM
you can also exmerge it out based on a time-frame...

> Susan,
>
> I have tried to delete it from OWA but to no avail.  We
> are using Exchange Server 2003.  As for exmerge, you would
> know that this particular message does not have anything
> in the subject.  I am going to try the instructions that
> Johnathan sent concerning KB 832562.  If that doesn't
> help, I will post my problem again.  I appreciate your
> trying to help.
>
> Gary

0
susan7353 (1225)

POP3 server, messages NOT deleted from the server
I use Outlook 2002 with a POP3 server. I choose the option "Leave on the server" with the additional option "Remove when deleted from Deleted items". This doesn't work and none of the messages I receive are deleted from the server and all remain there. When I use other email tools, I don't have this problem. I have also installed service pack 3 and it still continues to have this problem. >-----Original Message----- >I use Outlook 2002 with a POP3 server. I choose the >option "Leave on the server" with the additional >option "Rem...

mail message in my fie menu
Ever since I bought my new computer I havenot been able to send E Mails/Messages on Outlook 2000 I cannot find Mail message in the File menu and even when accessing a new E Mail form thewre is no send button on the toolbar Please advise It sounds like you attempted to install Outlook 2000 on your new computer and move your old data file. It also sounds like you now have a corrupt Outlook profile. How did you go about moving the Outlook Data File? Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP- Print /Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When Ne...

new message window (Microsoft Word) opens 1/2 way!
When we go to compose a new message in Outlook 20000, the window only opens up 1/2 way and we have to maximize it. There have been a few times that the window will open up all the way but not sure if there is either a regestry setting or local setting that would control this feature??? Thanks! On hands and knees, Paul crawls to SilverRaven and begs: >When we go to compose a new message in Outlook 20000, the >window only opens up 1/2 way and we have to maximize it. >There have been a few times that the window will open up >all the way but not sure if there is either a re...

Microsoft
Support plan states that "Managed User" will receive an answer from Microsoft within 48 hours if a community user does not answer, but that does not appear to be happening. Please comment. When did you post your query to this newsgroup / and what is the title? Regards James "Lisa Rivers" <LisaRivers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E13EE281-E188-4721-8CC9-D51AD25F27C0@microsoft.com... > Support plan states that "Managed User" will receive an answer from > Microsoft > within 48 hours if a community user does not answer, bu...

Activies Showing Up In Another Users "My Activites" List
I have a user who is seeing 2 activites from another user. It would seem that the user also sees these activites. We tried re-assigning the activity but this did not work. Any other tips? ...

Deleted User Account
I�m hoping that perhaps you might be able to help me with a deleted user account issue I�m having on Exchange 2003. I accidentally deleted a user account and now I�m having problems recovering that user�s email. I recreated the user account, went into exchange system manager and reconnected the mailbox store to the new account. But now when I try to access the email account it doesn�t recognize the password although the user can log onto the server. TIA <abc123> wrote in message news:lutmp0hk7jjbn2nk1h22v7qp3u0jb5rgnv@4ax.com... > I'm hoping that perhaps you might be a...

Outlook Incoming Messages no longer display
Pictures in incoming Outlook 2007 Messages no longer display. How can I fix this ? "erni" wrote: > Pictures in incoming Outlook 2007 Messages no longer display. How can I fix > this ? I am having the same problem. It seems to happen with HTML email messages. The messages are there you just can't read the font. It is barely legible and faded yellow. ...

Automatic message language definition in international environment
How can I strictly define language for replies in Outlook 2002 with Microsoft Word message editor? Definition of Word/Outlook are not strictly followed. Problem background: We operate Outlook 2002 in international environment and users obtain messages from various countries and some messages go through several countries. A lot of countries have alternate national language defined together with English language in Windows Regional settings. The problem is that when you forward/reply to a message, sometimes Outlook use the local language for new text, sometimes use English. There is no ...

Cannot delete Sent Items
I am trying to clean up about 2000 messages in a users "Sent Items" folder. I've tried highlighting one or more items and clicking on the delete button and I get no response. I've also right clicked on just one and selected delete and still nothing. Anybody have any suggestions as to what may be happening. Thanks Monty ...

Permanently deleting mail from deleted items folder?
Any one found a way of permanently deleting obvious junk mail from deleted items folder yet or is there any Knowledge Base article on it yet beyond the one which say that this facility in Office or Outlook doesn't work properly? Generally, emptying the Deleted Items folder permanently deletes the contents. I'm curious, which KB article are you referring to that "say that this facility in Office or Outlook doesn't work properly"? Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-DTS -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fi...

Reply/New Message
Hello All - Using Outlook 2003 SP2 I have 3 accounts: Acct 1 Pop/Smtp (Default) Acct 2 Pop/Smtp Acct 3 Pop/Smtp When I start a new mail message, the default Acct 1 is used for the sender. But when I click Forward/Reply/Reply-All on an existing message, Acct 3 is used for the sender. (I get a gray box at the top of the message screen "this message will be sent via Acct3." I can then click Accounts and change the sender to Acct 1. How do I make Acct 1 be the default for New, Forward, Reply and Reply-All??? Any Ideas? Thanks, Shay Shay <shaygonen@gmail.com> wrote: > When...

view workflow per user
How can I view workflows for each user? I've been looking and can't seem to figure out how to view that info. Thanks Brian ...

Disable user.....leave existing mailbox available to others
I'm new to user admin functions on Exchange Server 2000. I have a user leaving and need to disable the mailbox and ensure the user's existing mailbox is still available to other remaining users. Can someone list the required steps in detail so I can ensure this is done correctly. thanks JJ You can delete the user. In exchange 2000 system manager locate the mailbox right click on it and choose reconect, now you can reconnect the mailbox on a new user. If more than one user need aces to the mail box you can do this whit the usermanager right click teh user and choose mailboxright...

Deleted Items?
On the properties sheet of a mail store and the limits tab of said sheet there's a setting for "keep deleted items for x days" and I've set it for 7 days. Does that mean that anything emptied from any user mailbox in that store (from the deleted items or elsewhere) is held on the server for that long? If so, what's the best way to restore messages that were deleted 5 days ago? I can use dumpster in some cases but perhaps there's a better way? Thanks, Dan Using the latest version of Exmerge you can collect dumpster items into a PST. See: http://support.micro...

How could a Message box popup in systray with yes/no option
How can we make a message box pop up from a system tray icon ,on notification to a specific icon ,with yes and no option on it . Either use AfxMessageBox, or MessageBox. AliR. "gaurav" <gauravnetwork@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1155732162.797738.229580@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > How can we make a message box pop up from a system tray icon ,on > notification to a specific icon ,with yes and no option on it . > Check this out: http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/TaskbarNotifier.asp Tom "gaurav" <gauravnetwork@gmail.com> wrote in message...

Mass Delete Customers
Does anyone know of a 3rd-party product that will mass delete customers? It'd be nice to have a tool that will automatically delete all the transaction history and summaries and the customer card for a range of customers or a particular class or all invactive customers. Hi Elaine Have you looked at the built in utility for deleting customers? It does almost everything youa re asking for? Microsoft Dynamics GP --> Tools --> Utilities --> sales --> MAss Delete. Thanks -- Fliehigh "Elaine" wrote: > Does anyone know of a 3rd-party product that will mass de...

Exchange server resending message
I have a SBS2003 server that uses a pop connector to pull over messages from an ISP. The server has been resending an incoming message that has over a thousand recipients! One of my users got an email from a Professional organization he is a member of. Every time he gets a copy of the message, the server starts sending out a flurry of these messages. I spoke to the organization and they informed me that there have been thousands of returned mail. I have checked the server for viruses but have found none. I have up to date versions Symantec Antivirus Server and Exchange Antivirus by Syma...

shutting of message relaying -Selectivly
I had asked once before if there is a way to log or see the address of any server relaying messages off of our exchange server. i was told to look for the SMTP logs in the system32 directory. there are none on my exchange server. Is there another way to see the addresses of servers using my exchange server as a relay? i need to disable relaying on my exchange server for all connections besides some internal servers. The developers can not tell me exactly what servers will need to attach and i can not interupt mail flow to our clients, to find out. What is the best way for me to ge...

Outlook Message Recall Feature
I tried to recall a message, but the feature keeps sending me recall failure messages and will not stop. They are clogging my mailbox and I need to stop it. How can I stop it? ...

12.1.1 connection to update server interrupted (Message)
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel The subject message has been repeated every time I have tried to download the update since its release. The server can't still be busy, can it? I've checked my connection settings and everything is fine. This seems to be a different problem than not seeing the Office volume on the hard disk. Any help would be very much appreciated! "znovalis@officeformac.com" wrote: > The subject message has been repeated every time I have tried to download the > update since its release. The server can't st...

New Email from a Single User Disappears
I have a situation with one user only at a client site where new email from one and only one sender reaches his mailbox but then disappears. This is Outlook 2003 and Exchange Server 2003 SP2 on an SBS2003 server. The messages are coming from a scanner that's on the same network segment as the server and the client PC is. The Exchange SMTP server is configured to allow connection and relay from this scanner's IP address. After a scan to this user's address, the SMTP server log shows the messages coming in and being accepted just fine. If you use an Outlook 2003 profile wi...

edit subject line of outgoing messages
i need to edit the subject line of outgoing messages. i would like to be able to append, as well as do a search and replace on them (if possible). anybody done this before? g On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 14:55:34 -0600, "George Frederickson" <george@somewhere.com> wrote: >i need to edit the subject line of outgoing messages. i would like to be >able to append, as well as do a search and replace on them (if possible). >anybody done this before? > >g > 3rd party software would be your best bet. IMSS, Tumbleweed etc... If you are using Exchange 2007 you cou...

Delete records based on a union query
I have created a union query to combine records from 2 tables into a single table that allows me to find any duplicates between the 2 tables. In a form I have set up a checkbox to to mark the records that I want to delete from one of the tables used to create the union. So my criteria should be that if the checkbox is marked yes in the union query, delete the corresponding record from only the main table. Haven't been able to figure this one out. On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 12:03:01 -0800, jeremiah <jeremiah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have created a union query to combi...

How to Delete an alias in a HQ environment
How can you delete an alias in a HQ environment? So far the only way that we can seem to make it work is to delete the Alias in HQ and then delete is from each of the individual SO systems. As we increase in stores this is becoming increasingly more combersome and error prone. Thanks, TomT After deleteing the alias in HQ, use worksheet51 to delete it from the stores: delete from alias where alias='XYZ' "TomT" <ttaylor@cherrybrook.com> wrote in message news:%23JG507E$KHA.3176@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > How can you delete an alias in a HQ ...

How do I split a message with an attachment across multiple email.
I want to split a large email across multiple emails because the receiver's email size is only 2MB per email. How do you do this in Outlook 2003 on Windows 2000 Professional please? Thank you. You can't in Outlook. You'll need to split it in advance by using a compression tool like WinZip or WinRAR. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "School-Query" <School-Query@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8FA0D23-F...