User Can't Access OWA From Hotel

The user can access their OWA email from anywhere except for this hotel room.
 Has anyone seen this?  Is there any change that can be made on the server?
In the hotel they can get to all their other email accounts (yahoo, hotmail,
gmail...) so it kind of looks bad.

We are a small IT department.  We have Windows Server 2003 and Exchange 2003

On Apr 16, 8:13=A0am, icccapital <icccapi...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> The user can access their OWA email from anywhere except for this hotel r=
oom.
> =A0Has anyone seen this? =A0Is there any change that can be made on the s=
erver? =A0
> In the hotel they can get to all their other email accounts (yahoo, hotma=
il,
> gmail...) so it kind of looks bad.
>
> We are a small IT department. =A0We have Windows Server 2003 and Exchange=
 2003

Might be a DNS issue - can they get in using your IP address in the
URL? (such as, https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/exchange)

-RAM
0
RAM
4/16/2010 12:42:52 PM
"icccapital" <icccapital@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The user can access their OWA email from anywhere except for this hotel
> room.
> Has anyone seen this?  Is there any change that can be made on the server?
> In the hotel they can get to all their other email accounts (yahoo,
> hotmail,
> gmail...) so it kind of looks bad.
>
> We are a small IT department.  We have Windows Server 2003 and Exchange
> 2003

What happens when they try?  Any error messages displayed?

Lee.

--
______________________________________

Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
www.leederbyshire.com
lee a.t leederbyshire d.o.t c.o.m
______________________________________

0
Lee
4/16/2010 12:57:03 PM
It does bring up the login, but then won't authenticate.  I tried your idea
of using the ip, but got the same response.  Which is that the login box pops
up, then the page says cannot display page.

"RAM" wrote:

> On Apr 16, 8:13 am, icccapital <icccapi...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > The user can access their OWA email from anywhere except for this hotel room.
> >  Has anyone seen this?  Is there any change that can be made on the server?
> > In the hotel they can get to all their other email accounts (yahoo, hotmail,
> > gmail...) so it kind of looks bad.
> >
> > We are a small IT department.  We have Windows Server 2003 and Exchange 2003
>
> Might be a DNS issue - can they get in using your IP address in the
> URL? (such as, https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/exchange)
>
> -RAM
> .

The login box pops up and after putting in user credentials the next screen
is "page cannot be displayed", without any other messages.   Strange.  Thanks
for the thoughts.

"Lee Derbyshire [MVP]" wrote:

> "icccapital" <icccapital@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The user can access their OWA email from anywhere except for this hotel
> > room.
> > Has anyone seen this?  Is there any change that can be made on the server?
> > In the hotel they can get to all their other email accounts (yahoo,
> > hotmail,
> > gmail...) so it kind of looks bad.
> >
> > We are a small IT department.  We have Windows Server 2003 and Exchange
> > 2003
>
> What happens when they try?  Any error messages displayed?
>
> Lee.

> Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
> www.leederbyshire.com
> lee a.t leederbyshire d.o.t c.o.m
> ______________________________________
>

> .

Maybe clear the browser cache?

If that doesn't fix it, can they access it from another computer (e.g., in
the hotel's business center)? I'd be focusing on the user's computer; HTTPS
is HTTPS, so if Yahoo works, OWA should too.

--
Jeff Vandervoort
JRVsystems

> The login box pops up and after putting in user credentials the next
> screen
> is "page cannot be displayed", without any other messages.   Strange.
> Thanks
> for the thoughts.
>
> "Lee Derbyshire [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> "icccapital" <icccapital@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > The user can access their OWA email from anywhere except for this hotel
>> > room.
>> > Has anyone seen this?  Is there any change that can be made on the
>> > server?
>> > In the hotel they can get to all their other email accounts (yahoo,
>> > hotmail,
>> > gmail...) so it kind of looks bad.
>> >
>> > We are a small IT department.  We have Windows Server 2003 and Exchange
>> > 2003
>>
>> What happens when they try?  Any error messages displayed?
>>
>> Lee.
>>
>> --
>> ______________________________________
>>
>> Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
>> www.leederbyshire.com
>> lee a.t leederbyshire d.o.t c.o.m
>> ______________________________________
>>

>> .

0
Jeff
4/18/2010 2:28:29 AM
Has the server name part of the URL in the address bar changed when it says
'Page cannot be displayed'?

"icccapital" <icccapital@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The login box pops up and after putting in user credentials the next
> screen
> is "page cannot be displayed", without any other messages.   Strange.
> Thanks
> for the thoughts.
>
> "Lee Derbyshire [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> "icccapital" <icccapital@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > The user can access their OWA email from anywhere except for this hotel
>> > room.
>> > Has anyone seen this?  Is there any change that can be made on the
>> > server?
>> > In the hotel they can get to all their other email accounts (yahoo,
>> > hotmail,
>> > gmail...) so it kind of looks bad.
>> >
>> > We are a small IT department.  We have Windows Server 2003 and Exchange
>> > 2003
>>
>> What happens when they try?  Any error messages displayed?
>>
>> Lee.
>>
>> --
>> ______________________________________
>>
>> Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
>> www.leederbyshire.com
>> lee a.t leederbyshire d.o.t c.o.m
>> ______________________________________
>>

>> .

0
Lee
4/19/2010 12:33:14 PM
This is a long delay between responses, but I am no longer at that hotel.
However, another of our users is at the Palazzo in Las Vegas and he is having
the same problem so I need to work this out.

To answer your question lee if you are still around, no the address bar
information does not change.

"Lee Derbyshire [MVP]" wrote:

> Has the server name part of the URL in the address bar changed when it says
> 'Page cannot be displayed'?
>
> "icccapital" <icccapital@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The login box pops up and after putting in user credentials the next
> > screen
> > is "page cannot be displayed", without any other messages.   Strange.
> > Thanks
> > for the thoughts.
> >
> > "Lee Derbyshire [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> "icccapital" <icccapital@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> What happens when they try?  Any error messages displayed?
> >>
> >> Lee.
> >>
> >> --
> >> ______________________________________
> >>
> >> Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
> >> www.leederbyshire.com
> >> lee a.t leederbyshire d.o.t c.o.m
> >> ______________________________________
> >>

> >> .
> >>

> .

Do you have only Integrated Authentication enabled?  If so, then non-MS
browsers won't be able to login.  Try experimenting with different kinds of
authentication - Basic, Integrated, and Forms-based.

See if you can find the relevant entries in your iis logs.

> This is a long delay between responses, but I am no longer at that hotel.
> However, another of our users is at the Palazzo in Las Vegas and he is
> having
> the same problem so I need to work this out.
>
> To answer your question lee if you are still around, no the address bar
> information does not change.
>
> "Lee Derbyshire [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Has the server name part of the URL in the address bar changed when it
>> says
>> 'Page cannot be displayed'?
>>
>> "icccapital" <icccapital@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > The login box pops up and after putting in user credentials the next
>> > screen
>> > is "page cannot be displayed", without any other messages.   Strange.
>> > Thanks
>> > for the thoughts.

>> .

0
Lee

GAL in OWA #2
hello i am running exchanger server 2003. i have configured global address list its accessible in micrsoft outlook but not accessible on Oultook Web Access. plz thanks Rana Hi, This is working as designed. There is no global address list in OWA, you can search for recipients in OWA right? Leif "Rana" <farooq.aslam@psshmc.org> wrote in message news:uhIWSjItGHA.1196@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > hello > > > i am running exchanger server 2003. i have configured global address list > its accessible in micrsoft outlook but not accessible on Oultook Web ...

Disable user interaction in VBA
Hi All, How can you disable user interaction with a workbook while awaiting completion of running of a few macros? These macros depend on specific selection of worksheets and if users change the worksheet tabs, they will break the macros. How can I disable their user interaction with workbook while macros are running? I tried the followings which failed: - changing the cursor shape to xlwait - Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.EnableEvents = False thanks for your help. Write your macro code to be independent of selection: Instead of Worksheets(...

How do I use Access forms to input excel 2002 data?
I have downloaded and installed the Accesslinks option from the MS website. The Excel help feature tells me that I should see a couple of 'MS blahblahblah' options on my "Data" menu once I have this installed and have checked off the appropriate "Add-in" option. I do not see this on my "Data" menu, so I am wondering what is wrong. ...

OWA emails to Outlook
I got a new job (!!!!!!!!!!!) and the company emails have to be accessed by login on to Outlook Web Access. My question is: how do I set my Outlook (2003) to receive these emails without going to OWA? I know some people are doing it but being a newbie...you know what I mean. Thanks in advance for any help. Are you sure the first thing you want to do at your new job is subvert company rules about how to access email? "brickman" wrote: > I got a new job (!!!!!!!!!!!) and the company emails have to be accessed by > login on to Outlook Web Access. My question is...

Publish Free/Busy information with OWA
Does anyone know how to configure OWA (Exchange 2003 SP1) to publish more than the default 2 moths of free/busy data? This value is configurable in Outlook 2003. Thank you all in advance for any help Franz ...

Access a cell's Formula, rather than Value
Hello all: I would like to modify this formula so that I use the formula of the cell specified by x, rather than the value stored in the cell. =CHOOSE(x, Sheet1!A1, Sheet2!A1) Thanks, John Not possible, you would need VBA for this. I can't see how by using CHOOSE you would be able to do this even if it was possible to get the formula to replace x since x should be an index number either 1 or 2 (in this case) if you have 2 values? Or have I totally misunderstood? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "John Broderick" <none@none.com> wrote in message news:e1RJAHYmHHA.455...

User Defined Field in Inbox?
All, Can someone point me in the right direction for help on user defined fields in a mail folder in outlook? Basically, i would like to create a field into which i put the relevant project number, and then when i want to i can sort by project number. Is this possible? Kirstie See the custom forms information at www.outlookcode.com for help with this. Programming questions should be posted to a programming group, such as microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms, you're likely to get a better and quicker answer there where the developers hang out. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] ...

User Rights #2
Customer is running Echange 2003 Enterprise on a windows 2003 server in a Windows 2003 domain. Everything is running fine, but Users in Outlook are able to open others' mailboxes without a problem, and Customer does not want them to be able to. Specifically, he is running Outlook 2K and Outlook 2003. As a regular user, he clicks on File, open, Other User's Folder, specifies another user's Inbox, and it then opens. I need to correct this but I have not been successful. There was no special group policy created, and I can't find anything that was changed that would allow ...

Security setting to restrict user from deactivating record?
Hi. Can anyone tell me what setting to use to restrict a user from deactivating a record in MS CRM 1.2? The user is already set up with no delete priviledges. thank you...Kim There is no security to prevent this. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Kim" <Kim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:259C764F-45BA-4B07-9A45-1D7A1F6BDC98@microsoft.com... Hi. Can anyone tell me what setting to use to restrict a user from deactivating a record in MS CRM 1.2? The user is already set up with no delete priviledges. thank you...Kim ...

IMF filtering messages for users that dont exist
I've activated IMF for my Exchange 2003 server. IMF is blocking about 5000 messages each day. When i check the e-mails many of these are destined for users that don't even exist in our server. I've activated the setting Filter recipients who are not in the directory but still the messages get to the IMF archive. Anyone have any ideas? Any recommendations? Have you enabled Recipient Filtering on SMTP virtual server properties? Restarted SMTPsvc after you did that? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog -------------------...

Access 2007 V Access 2003
I have designed a training module on Queries and Reports in Access 2000 for a client. They now tell me that they have just installed Access 2007. I don't have that yet (too expensive!) so I need to know whether the Design View and Wizard screens are much different between the two versions. Can anyone help? I don't really want to invest in 2007 just for one client at the moment. Thanks Tony hi Tony, Tony Williams wrote: > I have designed a training module on Queries and Reports in Access 2000 for > a client. They now tell me that they have just installed Access 2007. I ...

Office Chart in Data Access Page
Hi, I have a Data Access Page that has a PivotChart. The problem I am having is that when someone views the web page in their browser, they can right-click the chart object and enable the toolbar and drop areas. How do I prevent users from doing this? It seems that this could only be done with VBScript, but if anyone can give sample code that would be great! Thanks, tg -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

recover outlook pst file from local settings folder of a deleted user profile
Is it possilbe to recover an Outlook PST file which was saved to the users profile DOCUMENTS and SETTINGS dir, in their LOCAL SETTINGS folder, if the Users profile was removed via the XP User Profiles managment. I had made a copy of the user profile, then removed it, then had the user login , thus re-creating a NEW profile. When I went to the copied profile to get the data, the PST file was gone. The Local Settings folder was apparently NOT copied with the rest of the user profile. Is there anyway to get it back? -kip ...

User Account deleted
My nephew deleted my admin user account trying to bypass the parental controls. Now when anyone else tries to use the computer after his allowed time it will not let anyone connect to the internet. Can I restore this user account so that I can change the time limits and the parental controls. There is nothing in the recycle bin so he deleted everything. Is there a master admin password that I can use to change all the parental controls need help with the issue. Can not find original disks so I can not reinstall windows to fix. Windows vista home premium on gateway laptop. ...

Problem accessing Word
Have a 2 yr. old Gateway POS. it came pre-loaded (Windows Office Suite included), with no disks. Lately, after clicking on the Word icon, a small screen says preparing to install and an install progress bar begins, then stops about halfway. Notice says "SKUO11.CAB could not be found". If I cancel the install, I get another message saying, Please run Set Up and select "repair" (can't find Set Up, Where to look?) If I hit cancel again, the program begins and works fine. The problem seems to be getting to the program. Any Ideas? See http://support.mi...

Access 2000-2007 conversion
I have a relatively simple contact database written with MS Access 2000 and works fine running under Win XP but in Access 2007 running under Windows 7 I have some problems with one of the forms. I use a Combo Box (Combo206) at the top of a form to choose the 'Name' field from a table so that the record can be displayed in the form body. When run under Access 2007 the list of 'Name' fields is displayed but the form does not update with the contents of the related record. I've tried converting the entire file to the new Access 2007 format but this didn't re...

HELP: Linking XLS Sheets to Access (Something strange)
Hello Folks Why it is when you link an Excel Sheet as an attached table that you can not change the data from inside Access which modifies the Excel Sheet? What was real strange is I could do this but now I can not? Any Ideas why this seems to be set in read only mode? The link to the excel sheet is live because I can change the data in Excel and it shows in access but I can not change the data in access to show back in excel. Thank you in advance, Michael Kintner Microsoft lost a lawsuit a couple of years ago, and was forced to remove the ability to update a linked Excel worksh...

SBS 2003 deleting old users and mailboxes
Hi, I'm looking for the proper procedure to remove a user account that is not in use anymore (employee leaves the company, etc), and and e-mail account. I typically forward their e-mail to another employee for a while so that the recipients learn that a partricular e-mail address isn't valid anymore, but I likely should save the e-mail, but would like to archive it so it isn't eating up space. I typically just disable the users account and leave it there, but I feel that I should clean it up after a while. I wasn't sure if there was a wizard to do this in 2003...

Access Denied message for certian e-mail with Attachments
So I have this problem where I have a bunch of Messages in Outlook which I can not remove. I have tried: - Just plain deleting them �?" get �?oThe item could not be deleted. It was either moved or already deleted or access was denied.�?� Message. - Archive the messages �?" get �?oError while archiving folder �?~ to be delted�?T in store �?oMailbox �?" administrator�?T . Some Items could not be copied. They were either moved or deleted or access was denied�?� - Exmergeing them out - Exmerge Logs do not present any error messages, all looks successful, but messages do not ...

Exchange 2003 Cluster and HTTPS OWA
Hi, I am trying to setup a pair of servers in a active/passive cluster. I don't currently have the option for a frontend server so the current live server will be taking outlook 2003 clients plus I want to enable OWA. I am testing this at the moment and have setup a CA to provide a cert for one server and tested https access fine. Of course when I fail over the cert isn't resident on the second server and https fails. I could create a new cert for this second server im sure, however, I would imagine that I would only purchase a single cert from verisign therefore my questio...

Populate form txtBox with current User & Date
I'm in need of the code or syntax to autopopulate txtBox1 with th current time & date and txtBox2 with the current User in an excel form This is necessary to record who made changes to the data and when i was done. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Canuc ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Canuck, Try something like the following: Private Declare Function GetUserName Lib "advapi32.dll" Alias "GetUserNameA" _ (ByVa...

problems with the users when I restore to database in a company of tests in the same server
Hi team I have problems with the users when I restore to database in a company of tests in the same server User's Ids is damaged Could they tell me that I should make? Richard- Search on CustomerSource/PartnerSource for creating a TEST company database. There are detailed instructions on how to do this, and it will work fine. Brenner (www.KlenzmanConsulting.com) "Richard Padilla" wrote: > Hi team > > I have problems with the users when I restore to database in a company of > tests in the same server > > User's Ids is damaged > > Could...

Collecting mail for unknown users ??
What is the best/easiest way to have all mail that doesnt go to specific users / alias's re directed to a single mailbox, so that one person is responsible for all unknown emails ?? We dont want any mail rejected, but to all be sorted out onsite... We run SBS Exchange 2003. Regards Paul On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 06:18:27 -0800, Letimi <Letimi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What is the best/easiest way to have all mail that doesnt go to specific >users / alias's re directed to a single mailbox, so that one person is >responsible for all unknown emails ?? We dont...

migration from Access 97
Dear all, We are planning to migrate an application from Access 97 to Office 2007. The third party developer give us a very broad estimation from 10-30 man-days if not major issues. I want to get more information from the experts here. The application is mainly for generating reports from a Oracle 8i database (will be upgraded to 11g too). I don't think they using very special function for Access or Oracle. How do you think the migration effort required? Any guideline and special consideration I should be considered? Do you think recompile the original program can work o...

One user cannot access OWA
Exchange 2003 Sp2 running on 2003 member server All users can connect to their OWA from outside and inside the company. Outside http://mail.domainname.com/exhange Inside http://servername/exchange I have 1 user who can access it from inside but not outside - everytime he tries to access it from outside it won't accept his username and/or password - I have tried domainname\username and just username OWA is checked on his account as well. Any suggestions ? Thanks Paul On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 14:22:00 -0800, "Paul" <paul@home.com> wrote: >Exchange 2003 Sp2 running ...