Use of Pop3 accounts for external email

We've been using a pop3/smtp account to recieve our external email.  I've
heard that using those is a bad idea for a buisness.

I don't understand it that much and wondering what are the issues with pop3
and what is an alternative to recieve external mail if not using a pop3
account.

We have Exchange 2003.
0
rocketz21 (12)

The issue is the company can't archive all user's mail.  You know, company's
email is representing the company, so the company should keep it as archives.

With POP3 email will be moved from server to the client.  Instead, you can
use IMAP, Exchange Server, or you can still use POP3 and configure from each
user's email to forward to the one email address which is intended for
archiving.

regards,
Irwin

rocketz21 <rocketz21@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>We've been using a pop3/smtp account to recieve our external email.  I've
>heard that using those is a bad idea for a buisness.
>
>I don't understand it that much and wondering what are the issues with pop3
>and what is an alternative to recieve external mail if not using a pop3
>account.

The problem with this is that once the message is delivered to the
mailbox the original recipients cannot be known. The RFC 2821 envelope
addresses (RCPT TO) may, or may not, be the same as the ones you find
in the "To:" and "Cc:" headers. And any "Bcc:" recipients are lost
becasue that information isn't in the RFC 2822 headers.

>We have Exchange 2003.

Have mail for your domain sent directly to your Exchange server, not
to some mailbox on another e-mail system.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Cash Accounts for Investments
I have two stocks held with the same Financial Institution. Each stock carries its' own Cash account (I opted for the Dividend Reinvestment Plan). However, since Microsoft Money recognises them as being from the same Financial Institution, it collates them into one Cash account. Is there a correct way to split them? I'm sorting through previous financial records, in an attempt to get Money up to date. Hence the influx of questions. Sorry :-) Thank you in advance. Andy There's no way to have more than one "Associated Cash Account". But maybe it doesn't mat...

can i use
Hello, I am Pramod from INDIA. I have some code in C# and some code in VC+ +.NET. I want to know that , can I use my C# code in VC++.NET. if yes what's way to use it give me example. Thanks & regards Pramod Sahgal These articles may be intersting to you assuming you are trying to call managed code from unmanaged code. If you are using totally managed code in C++/CLI then it is less of an issue. http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/InterOp.asp http://www.thescripts.com/forum/thread620468.html http://www.andymcm.com/csharpfaq.htm http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/sd10k43k(...

email access in outlook from a cruise ship
I'm going on a cruise to Alaska and I need to access my email to answer quotes, ( working vacation ) thanks. -- doug blair doug blair wrote: > I'm going on a cruise to Alaska and I need to access my email to answer > quotes, ( working vacation ) thanks. > > > > i don't quote understand what you mean. if your cruise ship gives you access to the Internet, you should be able to use Outlook. Check with your mail provider to see if what kind of web access they = offer. This isn't an Outlook issue per se.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of ...

Outlook 2003: Email address in 'From' column of Inbox.
Anyone know how to get the full email address to display in the 'from' column of the inbox in Outlook 2003? I have about half a dozen "Dave"s that all have different email address but they're indistinguishable in the inbox. Plus, I'm sick of just seeing someone's name when I really need to know the company name more than anything else. At least with a proper email address, I can easily work out if it's a legit email from a known company or spam. I don't want to have to read the post to see if it's valid. ------------------------------------------...

Using bitmaps with CPaintDC
Is the code below the right approach to displaying bitmaps to a dialog. And is there any obvious problems with it, such as not being consistently displayed on other monitors. Also I would need to display a number of (small) bitmaps side by side on rows, and will need to add scroll functionability to this dialog. Does anyone know of the best approach to displaying these bitmaps in rows, and then adding a scroll for just a certain area of the dialog where the bitmaps are displayed. The member variables bmp and cdc are declared in the class declaration. void CDCBmpTestDlg::OnPaint() { CPain...

cannot send any emails all of a sudden
My email on Outlook 2007 on Vista stopped working all of a sudden. I can receive emails but not send them. I contacted my isp (shaw in canda) they said that outlook 2007 is tagging my email address as supsected spam and not letting the server send it ... they had sme end a completely blank email from outlook - they sent it then sent it back to me showing a line. ... -- Gestrin gestrin wrote: > My email on Outlook 2007 on Vista stopped working all of a sudden. > > I can receive emails but not send them. > > I contacted my isp (shaw in canda) &g...

Automate processing of recieved email in Exchange
Hi All, I need to parse incoming e-mail (to a particular email address hosted on an Exchange server). The email is generated by a web site which then encrypts the data with PGP and sends it to a specific address. Can Exchange be programmed to decrypt the e-mail and safe the contents to a file? If not, are there any third party software anyone knows about that may assist? Thanks, best regards, Matt Seddon. ...

Email sent to recipient 12 times
Greetings, We use Exchange 2000 (SP3) with Windows 2000 Server (SP4) with all patches and hotfixes applied. My mail client is Outlook 2002 (SP1). Recently, one person recived a mail message from me twelve times! I only sent the message once. Oddly enough, only one person reported this problem to me; and I average about 100 emails sent to external recipients daily. Has anyone ever heard of this happening, or can anyone offer any suggestions or advice so that I may pursue and investigate this issue? Your help is appreciated. Thanks, Jackson Hillman Using POP mail anywhere, or is Excha...

Transferring Emails #2
Can I transfer Emails from Outlook Express v6.0 under Windows 98SE (old computer) to my (user name) OE v6.0 operating under XP Pro (new machine)? I cannot network the two machines. If so, How do I do it? I appreciate any help. Copy it the dbx-files to CD and restore them to your new computer (remove the "Read Only" file attribute. Then point to the files by going to Tools-> Options-> tab Maintenance-> button Store Folder... For more assistance ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer ...

Show prices with detail on Account Statements?
I am customizing statement.xml. I really need to show prices next to each item in the detail. Is this possible? Even with the variable AccountStatement.Activities.FullDetails, I just get the description of the item. Because this store is a pharmacy, customers want to know that they bought a prescription for $20.00 and a bottle of aspirin for $5. The transaction total of $25 is not good enough. Anyone know a way to show prices for each item within a transaction on a statement? Cheers! Steve Steve, Without looking, I would say no. That's the purpose of a receipt / invoice. A stat...

100% CPU used by SQL and HQClient
We are seeing both HQ Client and SQL tie up resources at the store servers during connection to HQ. This can slow access to the store database by registers for a long period of time. Anyone else seeing similar performance issues on store servers? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_059A_01C7B449.07A22E70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Rick, Make sure you're running 1.3 or higher. Consider more RAM and processor = speed. Maybe even dedicate a processor core to it. --=20 Regards, Jeff...

Excel 2007 and Word 2007 Hangs when using the File -> Open command
I have a couple users that when they have Excel 2007 or Word 2007 open, and click the File -> Open option, and choose a file, it either takes about 3 minutes to open the file or the program will crash. If they were to double click on the documents or spreadsheets, the doc or sheet will open right up. This is happening on the user's Hard drive as well as network drives. Once you get a file opened in Word or Excel, however, the next time you go to File -> Open, it's really fast to open the file. ...

cant open a link from an email
i recently rebulit my laptop and now in outlook 2003 when ever i click on a link in the email i get a error that says: "This opperation has been cancled due to restrictions ineffect on this computer. please contact your system administrator" i have look into the zone settings and cant get this fixed. any help to get this to work would be appriciated. jmilner@iconicnetworks.com <jmilner@iconicnetworks.com> wrote: > i recently rebulit my laptop and now in outlook 2003 when ever i click > on a link in the email i get a error that says: > "This opperation has been...

add external application icon on toolbarr in R8
Kindly have a external application icon (like Frx) on the toolbar available that when you click on the icon it opens up the external application automatically. Having the Shortcut menu added to the toolbar is close, but not exactly what we are looking for. If there is a way to add the actual shortcut, such as a Smartlist, or an external application as an icon to just click on to open it would be great. I think that capability went away with Release 8.0. 3rd parties who have full blown Dexterity apps can still do it, but I think when pallets went away, so did this. Alan "mult...

Outgoing email attachments
We currently use Ipswitch's ICS for email here. But I'm interested to know if Exchange is capable of the following (ICS is not) as we're looking for alternatives to ICS: 1. I want to allow all INCOMING emails to users containing attachments (as long they pass anti-virus scans of course). 2. I want to allow all OUTGOING emails from our users containing attachments to within our own domain. 3. I want to block all or some attachments (based on file types) for OUTGOING emails to external domains for certain users - not all users. Of course, this is for security reasons as we ...

How to configure replies when using multiple email addresses?
Good morning, Here is my problem. There are several people in our organization that receive email from two different email domains, for the sake of argument, lets call them user1@abc.com and user1@xyz.com. Email from both email domains are routed through our Exchange server and then the clients receive their email through their Outlook clients, (Exchange 2000 and Outlook 2002). Abc.com is the primary email domain, and we have setup a partnership with another company, hence the arrival of the xyz.com domain. When they reply to an email, regardless if it arrives to their abc.com or xyz....

Use with Office Communicator saving Conversations (IM)
Our office just upgraded our email, and now we have Office Communicatior available. OC allows the saving of conversations to Outlook. I noticed that when a conversation is closed or saved and returned to after a time delay, there are 2 conversations in the folder. Is there a way to only have 1 conversation in the folder? or to have the seperate conversations be distinct, i.e. convo 1 at 930am and ends at 1015 is one, and another covo starts at 215-225. now i'll have a conversation saved at 1015 that has all im from 930, as well as a convo at 225 that has the 215-225 as we...

email privacy in outlook 2000
i delete all emails and empty folder. I do not want a computer genius to find any ofmy emails on my drive. how can i insure these emails are deleted fromt he hard drive? Thanks you Microsoft Outlook stores everything (mail, contacts, tasks, calendar, .etc) in the *.PST file. Therefore the best you could do after a large amount of delets is to run the compact option. (Right click on Personal Folders and select properties. Select Advanced button and then compact.) "Janice" <Janice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FDD48CD4-77B0-42C6-BF75-0D9930FD45DD@...

Emails from Outlook to Hotmail accounts
I have just change my email client from Outlook Express to Outlook 2002. Messages sent to Hotmail addresses are not getting through and produce a message: 550 Recipient Not Authorised [recipient rejected due to no authorised destination groups] If anyone can tell me how to overcome this I should be most grateful. You may need to set up authentication to your outgoing server, which can be done on the "Outgoing Server" tab for your account (press the "More Settings..." button on the account page). -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided &quo...

OL2003
OL2003 has suddenly decided to start filtering my mail. I've made NO changes to my Outlook config, and I prefer to use Qurb as my Spam filtering. Junk E-mail filtering HAS NOT responded to changes in it's settings. I've changed to "No Automatic Filtering", but it still filters. Deleted & re-created Outlook profile. I thought I recalled seeing that I had to be using Exchange Cached Mode to use Junk E-mail filtering, and I'm not. Nevermind, another admin installed the Intelligent Message Filter on our Exchange Server without telling anyone....... F*%king ad...

Set up multiple email accounts on Outlook 2002, so that the mail .
I would like multiple email accounts, in separate folders, so my family, business and consumer mail do not comingle, whether sending or recieving. At present,, they are comingled, and I cannot find the right way to correct this. The easiest method is to use profiles, one for each purpose. Otherwise, you can use rules to move mail when receiving and sending. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching...

Multiple emails sent, stays in Outbox
We are using a DSL line with Outlook 2002. We have McAfee virus protection and a router for our small office. The account is a POP account. When sending emails with pictures attached or a large number of recipients, the emails sits in the Outbox and shows that is has not been sent. It does not show as having been sent at all, but the recipient receives numerous copies of the one email. I can't figure out if it is Microsoft Outlook or a DSL problem. kathryn wrote: > *We are using a DSL line with Outlook 2002. We have > McAfee virus protection and a router for our small ...

Problem using a report from Access2003 to Access2007
I am trying to use a database created with Access 2003 in Access 2007 but have come up with a problem. The database contains a report which produces invoices for sales between two dates. When the report is run the user is asked to input sale date From and To (this is set up in the Invoice Query), Invoice Date and Invoice Start Number - these two are set up as text boxes on the report. Invoice Date conrol source has [Enter Invoice Date] and Invoice Start Number has [Page]+[Invoice Start Number]-1. This works fine in Access 2003 and the invoices come out correctly but in 2007 invoice ...

Does anyone use "location" field in Outlook?
After all these years, I just noticed when I go to make an appointment in Outlook (2003version, with BCM), that there's a second field after "subject" which would seem to be the one everbody mostly uses. The appointment fields are: 1. SUBJECT: (example: "Conference call with Joe and Mary) 2. LOCATION: (does anyone use this?) Is the idea to put something like "Annapolis, MD" meaning maybe a meeting there or something? I know it's a hokey question, but wondered about some examples of how other people are using it. Thanks, G Standard following us...

Can I use Rule to move digitally signed messages to separate folder?
Is there a way to move digitally signed messages to a separate folder using a Rule? Other options for segregating digitally signed messages? Thanks in advance. deko <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to move digitally signed messages to a separate folder > using a Rule? Other options for segregating digitally signed > messages? I don't see that as a selection criterion in the Rules wizard. -- Brian Tillman ...