Use my Exchange as Front and Back End

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C708A9.48A5A920

How i can put my server to be use as End and Front End.

I need to activate the web option for my users.

When I try to check the box for Front End it says Cannot be both Back =
and Front End.

How I can solve that.

Rafael
------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C708A9.48A5A920

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>How i can put my server to be use as =
End and Front=20
End.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I need to activate the web option for =
my=20
users.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>When I try to check the box for Front =
End it says=20
Cannot be both Back and Front End.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>How I can solve that.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Rafael</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C708A9.48A5A920--

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 11:29:16 -0500, "Rafael Tejera"
<rafaeltejera@hotmail.com> wrote:

>How i can put my server to be use as End and Front End.
>
>I need to activate the web option for my users.
>
>When I try to check the box for Front End it says Cannot be both Back and Front End.
>
>How I can solve that.

By not checking that box. OWA is accessible by default on the mailbox
server. Front end implies a separate server.

>Rafael
0
adavid (8731)

------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C708B4.C59C2A70

I had try, but it did not work. Probabily it is not installed propperly.

How can I install just the web option of Exchange 2003 Standard Ed.?

Rafael

  "Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in =
message news:m5gml2573cgkvc1lofktq8oir7r988theh@4ax.com...
  On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 11:29:16 -0500, "Rafael Tejera"
  <rafaeltejera@hotmail.com> wrote:

  >How i can put my server to be use as End and Front End.
  >
  >I need to activate the web option for my users.
  >
  >When I try to check the box for Front End it says Cannot be both Back =
and Front End.

  >How I can solve that.

  By not checking that box. OWA is accessible by default on the mailbox
  server. Front end implies a separate server.

  >Rafael
------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C708B4.C59C2A70

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I had try, but it did not work. =
Probabily it is not=20
installed propperly.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>How can I install just the web option =
of Exchange=20
2003 Standard Ed.?</FONT><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Rafael</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Andy David - MVP" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com">adavid@pleasekeepin=
ngcheesebucket.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:m5gml2573cgkvc1lofktq8oir7r988theh@4ax.com">news:m5gml2573cg=
kvc1lofktq8oir7r988theh@4ax.com</A>...</DIV>On=20
  Wed, 15 Nov 2006 11:29:16 -0500, "Rafael Tejera"<BR>&lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:rafaeltejera@hotmail.com">rafaeltejera@hotmail.com</A>&gt;=
=20
  wrote:<BR><BR>&gt;How i can put my server to be use as End and Front=20
  End.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;I need to activate the web option for my=20
  users.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;When I try to check the box for Front End it =
says Cannot=20
  be both Back and Front End.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;How I can solve =
that.<BR><BR>By not=20
  checking that box. OWA is accessible by default on the =
mailbox<BR>server.=20
  Front end implies a separate=20
server.<BR><BR><BR><BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;Rafael</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HT=

------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C708B4.C59C2A70--

------=_NextPart_000_0229_01C708A7.84C2D470

What did you try, and what didn't work?

And you'd need to install the OWA bits on a separate server to make a FE =
server.
  "Rafael Tejera" <rafaeltejera@hotmail.com> wrote in message =
  I had try, but it did not work. Probabily it is not installed =
propperly.

  How can I install just the web option of Exchange 2003 Standard Ed.?

  Rafael

    "Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in =
message news:m5gml2573cgkvc1lofktq8oir7r988theh@4ax.com...
    On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 11:29:16 -0500, "Rafael Tejera"
    <rafaeltejera@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >How i can put my server to be use as End and Front End.
    >
    >I need to activate the web option for my users.
    >
    >When I try to check the box for Front End it says Cannot be both =
Back and Front End.

    >How I can solve that.

    By not checking that box. OWA is accessible by default on the =
mailbox
    server. Front end implies a separate server.

    >Rafael
------=_NextPart_000_0229_01C708A7.84C2D470

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>What did you try, and what didn't=20
work?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>And you'd need to install the OWA bits =
on a=20
separate server to make a FE server.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV>"Rafael Tejera" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:rafaeltejera@hotmail.com">rafaeltejera@hotmail.com</A>&gt;=
 wrote=20
  in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:OXXCY6NCHHA.4428@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl">news:OXXCY6NCHHA.4428=
@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I had try, but it did not work. =
Probabily it is=20
  not installed propperly.</FONT></DIV>
    wrote in message <A=20
    =
href=3D"news:m5gml2573cgkvc1lofktq8oir7r988theh@4ax.com">news:m5gml2573cg=
kvc1lofktq8oir7r988theh@4ax.com</A>...</DIV>On=20
    Wed, 15 Nov 2006 11:29:16 -0500, "Rafael Tejera"<BR>&lt;<A=20
    =
href=3D"mailto:rafaeltejera@hotmail.com">rafaeltejera@hotmail.com</A>&gt;=
=20
    wrote:<BR><BR>&gt;How i can put my server to be use as End and Front =

    End.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;I need to activate the web option for my=20
    users.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;When I try to check the box for Front End it =
says=20
    Cannot be both Back and Front End.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;How I can solve=20
    that.<BR><BR>By not checking that box. OWA is accessible by default =
on the=20
    mailbox<BR>server. Front end implies a separate=20
    =
server.<BR><BR><BR><BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;Rafael</BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOT=
E></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0229_01C708A7.84C2D470--

0
missy7886 (112)

Exchange in SBS2003 R2

Using mouse wheel in VB editor

Delegates for SBS2003 Exchange

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Microsoft Exchange Server

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

How Use ShellExecute with a CMemFile

Using INDIRECT within functions

How to use count for calls per hour

RPC Over HTTP on Single Server

Exchange database forensic
I would like to know if I can with vbscript, and WMI access an exchange database and search for a specific string in either the subject field or the body? I would also like to know if I use exmerge to extract to a PST then use a script or command line tool to find a string in the message of subject or in the body I would also be interested in third party software vendors that can offer this functionality Please include a link if one is available for reference Thank you, John You might want to see if exmerge alone will do what you want: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328202/en-u...

Moving exchange 5.5 to a new server exchange 2003
Good day all... how do I move exchange 5.5 to a brand new exchange server 2003. The new server will be in a new organization. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ray http://www.microsoft.com/usa/webcasts/ondemand/2340.asp http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en- us;exch2003 Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >Good day all... how do I move exchange 5.5 to a brand new >exchange server 2003. The new server will be in a new >organization. Any info would be greatly appreciated. > >Thanks, >Ray > >. ...

Outlook will not run in Cached Exchange mode
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C68E30.831A2160 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Having a problem running outlook offline. I can't. I keep getting an = error that outlook was unable to open my .ost file when I try to run = outlook while not connected to my exchange server. So I set Outlook not = to run in cached mode, deleted my .ost file, reset outlook to work in = cached mode. Outlook creates the ost file, but still every time I try to = run outlook offline, I get the same erro...