URGENT HELP NEEDED - Can Not Start Microsoft Exchange Directory service on local

URGENT HELP NEEDED - Can Not Start Microsoft Exchange
Directory service on local computer.

We tried to use the ESEUTIL.exe comand to defrag our
Exchange server 5.5 this last night. Now we can not get
anything to run. PLEASE HELP ASAP.

We try to start the services on our Exchange 5.5
computer, but no luck. All the echange services state:

"Could not start the Microsoft Exchange Directory service
on Local Computer. The service did not return an error.
This could be an internal Windows error or an internal
service error. If the problem persists, contact your
system administrator."

Is there anyone who has any ideas on this. Please send to
choche@carolina.rr.com.... Thanks in advance.

Chris
0
choche (1)

What error are you gettng in the event log?  What eseutil switches did you
use?  Did the defrags complete normally.  Is the Site services account
intact?  Go into the application event log, and post everything you find
pertaining the Microsoft Exchange Directory Service.

Do you have any recent CSV exports of your driectory information?  Do you
have a full online backup of your directory database?

--

regards,
Michael Abbaticchio

"Chris" <choche@carolina.rr.com> wrote in message
> URGENT HELP NEEDED - Can Not Start Microsoft Exchange
> Directory service on local computer.
>
> We tried to use the ESEUTIL.exe comand to defrag our
> Exchange server 5.5 this last night. Now we can not get
> anything to run. PLEASE HELP ASAP.
>
> We try to start the services on our Exchange 5.5
> computer, but no luck. All the echange services state:
>
> "Could not start the Microsoft Exchange Directory service
> on Local Computer. The service did not return an error.
> This could be an internal Windows error or an internal
> service error. If the problem persists, contact your
> system administrator."
>
> Is there anyone who has any ideas on this. Please send to
> choche@carolina.rr.com.... Thanks in advance.
>
> Chris

0
nospam6185 (535)

Need some advanced help on this one!
Hi guys, I found a sample Access program that takes data from its database to generate an EDI EDIFACT ORDERS file (OrdersS93a.edi). Here is the code: Private Sub Command0_Click() Dim oEdiDoc As Fredi.ediDocument Dim oSchema As Fredi.ediSchema Dim oInterchange As Fredi.ediInterchange Dim oGroup As Fredi.ediGroup Dim oTransactionset As Fredi.ediTransactionSet Dim oSegment As Fredi.ediDataSegment Dim oConn As ADODB.Connection Dim oRsInterchange As ADODB.Recordset Dim oRsGroup As ADODB.Recordset Dim oRsTransactionSet As ADODB.Reco...

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

I need a macro

Please help #8

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

Contacts in Exchange #2

microsoft.public.access.conversion

Are Exchange 2003 OWA Backups necessary

Help with importing data

Installing Active Directory connector?
We are installing a 2003 exchange on a 2003 server in a 2000 domain. We also have a 5.5 sp4 machine running on 2000 sp 4, and once 2003 is installed, we are going to move the mail boxes from the 5.5 machine. My question is, do we have to install the active directory connector on the 2000 Domain server, or could we install it on the 2003 server? eotrue wrote: > We are installing a 2003 exchange on a 2003 server in a > 2000 domain. We also have a 5.5 sp4 machine running on > 2000 sp 4, and once 2003 is installed, we are going to > move the mail boxes from the 5.5 machine. My q...