Upgrading Win2k to Win2003

Say it's a box with more than 1gb physical RAM, running an Exchange 2003 SP1
mailbox server, my top 3 questions are

1. Does the /3gb switch have to be added
2. What to do about the custom registry entries to SystemPages and
heapDecommitfreeblockthreshhold for memory optimization

3. Does ASPNET have to be added

I know how to set them up from scratch, but not to transition from one
Windows platform to another on the same server. Thanks a bunch for any real
world experiences

0
guppy413 (82)

1. Yes
2. Run Exchange Best Practices Analyzer
3. Yes

Obviously you'll be doing this in a maintenance window but it should be
relatively straightforward.

Nue
"Guppy" <guppy413@junk.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Say it's a box with more than 1gb physical RAM, running an Exchange 2003
> SP1 mailbox server, my top 3 questions are
>
> 1. Does the /3gb switch have to be added
> 2. What to do about the custom registry entries to SystemPages and
> heapDecommitfreeblockthreshhold for memory optimization
>
> 3. Does ASPNET have to be added
>
> I know how to set them up from scratch, but not to transition from one
> Windows platform to another on the same server. Thanks a bunch for any
> real world experiences

0
imaneophyte (3004)

Upgrade to Outlook 2003
Hello All, I just upgraded to OL2003 from OL2002(XP) now I get errors on my rules. I this point I want to start fresh but I can not even delete the existing rules. Tried client and server side rules, no difference. When I try to fix the errors (mostly need to specify folder name for mesage to be moved to) it looks like it will work until I apply. Same problem happens when I try to delete all rules, looks fine until I apply, I get this message - "One or more rules could not be uploaded to the Exchange (2000) server and have been deactivated. This could be because some of the parameter...

CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0 Upgrade Active Directory Issues
Hi, It was decided to reinstall CRM 3.0 after a successful upgrade from Version 1.2 (Except reporting services). As part of the install a mistake was made and therequired groups for CRM 3.0 upgrade from 1.2 were deleted (PrivUserGroup, SQLAccessGroup, UserGroup, ReportingGroup). We manually recreated them. Now in trying to reinstall CRM 3.0 on an already upgraded and exsitng MSCMR Database, we keep getting stopped at the Verification Tasks under the section of "Microsoft CRM User Input" with a error that "One or more of the Microsoft CRM Groups do not exist". Al...

Upgraded to version 10, now most AP batches get error in GL rate t
Posting in 1 company and some, but not all, MC batches stop at the GL and errors are "The rate type ID is missing" and "The exchange table ID is missing." This company uses project, our other company does not (haven't had that error at all). Checklinks have already been run on MC seutp, there is no issue with our accounts not being assigned to currency, only have 1 rate type setup for the currency, NO issues in Dynamics 9. New error in version 10. Have applied the hotfix to SP 3 that concerns some issue with cheques applied to project invoices with t...

Error upgrading Encore: Project Tracking in GP 7.0 to GP 8 SPK3
I'm getting an error upgrading a third party product from Encore: Project Tracking. On my test server, I'm going from GP7 straight to GP8 service pack 3 (on SQL 2000 sp4). I turned on my sql error logging and get this error: The stored procedure is not there. Has any Great Plains MVPs come accross this? I can't find anything in my searches. I need to upgrade our live site site December 13Th and this will stop it. Thanks Kevin R SQLSTATE:(37000) Native Err:(2812) stmt(16623728):*/ [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Could not find stored procedure 'DYNA...

Security warning when upgrading a signed driver
I have a signed (but not WHQL-certified) driver that's giving security warnings when I try to upgrade it in Windows Vista. Installing the previous version of the driver works, and doing a fresh install of the current version works, but the upgrade pops up a nasty warning: "Windows Security: Windows can't verify the publisher of this driver software." The fresh install and upgrade are both done using DPinst: dpinst.exe /se /sa /lm /path c:\Program Files\MyApp\ftdibus.inf /sw Here's what appears to be the relevant section from setupapi.dev.log: pol: {Driv...

Will there be a 2008->2010 upgrade?
I just bought the 2008 home/student version, and wonder if there will be an upgrade option for the 2010/2011 version, instead of buying a complete new Office suite? --  Steen I don't have the license text at hand, but I recall that the Student versions are not upgradeable. Considering their low cost, this should be now surprise. And take note that for Windows 2010, Microsoft is not providing an upgrade option. Probably would be good guess that they will do the same for Mac Office 2011 when it comes out. I have a hunch also that the next version will cost more tha...

Upgrading from Money SBE 2004 to SBE 2005
Hi, Do I have to uninstall the old money version first before installing the new one, or can I just install the new one and it will automatically detect and upgrade accordingly? 2nd question: If my business is selling insurance products, how do I classify them under the products listing? How do I track commissions? Thanks. A1: the latter works fine. Can't help with Q2. "Huang Qiliang" <HuangQiliang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7E0337B-90D1-4E60-AC85-07FCC5A8D8C7@microsoft.com... > Do I have to uninstall the old money version first before in...

Won't download beginning upgrade
I just downloaded Money 05 and it won't download the upgrade it needs so that all functions are available. I have a broadband connection so I don't know what the problem is. Well, you don't say much besides "won't download" so it will be hard for us to have any hints what the problem is, either. Firewall software maybe? "sean" <sean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AD054E2-A5E9-41F0-B7D1-0960D79777AF@microsoft.com... >I just downloaded Money 05 and it won't download the upgrade it needs so >that > all functions are ...

Upgrade Win2K DCs before upgrade/migrate to E2K3 ?
We have a Win2K-only domain with 2 DCs, 1 Ex2K server and 1 subnet. About 200 users. We're thinking of upgrading to Win2K3/E2K3, but we're not sure whether to upgrade the domain controllers first or last, with respect to the Exchange Server. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance. Hi jdee, You should upgrade your DCs to Windows 2003 first, just make sure your Exchange Server/s are running at least Exchange 2000 SP3. Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin) http://www.ExchangeIS.com "jdee" <jdee@trunk.net> wrote in message new...

Upgrading to MS 2007
I would like to bring my existing back up file into this new version. However, I would like to use the new features and am wondering how 2007 will handle my account history for the last 5 or 6 years. I only use this for personal finances. I would like to create a budget, track my investments, etc. I have always manually entered all my transactions. Does it work pretty well to download them from my financial institution? Help! Do I start fresh??? Forget the backup file, when you have installed M2007 it will find your .mny file. Everything you can see with your current version will be ...

Upgrading from 2004 to 2006
I am going to upgrade from Microsoft Money 2004 Deluxe to Microsoft Money 2006 Premium. I have a couple of questions: 1.. Should I uninstall Money 2004 first, before installing Money 2006? Or will installing Money 2006 automatically uninstall Money 2004? 2.. Of course I want to transfer all of my data from Money 2004 to Money 2006. How do I handle that? Rod Answers/comments inline below. "Rod" <Rod@NO.SPAM> wrote in message news:%23CXhNa78FHA.3076@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > > I am going to upgrade from Microsoft Money 2004 Deluxe to Microsoft Money >...

upgrade from office 2004 to 2008
hi upgraders, <br> are there any problems regarding the upgrade to 2008, esp. assuming all old data like emails, dates and so on ? <br> thanx In article <ee89959.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, realist01@officeformac.com wrote: > hi upgraders, <br> > are there any problems regarding the upgrade to 2008, esp. assuming all old > data like emails, dates and so on ? <br> You can read on these groups that there are some people who have had problems. Of course, the people that haven't had problems usually don't post! While Entourage 2008 will impor...

Company database fails upgrade from Dynamics GP 7.5 to 9.0 SP1
While trying to upgrade a few company database from version 7.50.0003 to 9.00.0259 in a test environment, the upgrades fail and I receive the information below: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- (this first error is displayed 3 times, once per each table name listed) Product ID: 258 Table Name: PA_PO_ReceiptLineHist, PA_PO_ReceiptLineHist(8.00.0000), PA_PO_ReceiptLineHist(8.50.0001) Error Code: 0 Error: Other Error (135) Error Explanation: The conversion process encountered an error and the temporary table did not get removed. Recommended A...

Upgrade 5.5 to 2k3 but cannot use free-busy on new server
Hi, Dose anyone know hot to fix problem with free/busy scheduler. We are running Exchange 5.5 just because the free/busy have not replicated to the new server. Our replication dose not work anymore. Can't access public or system folders in Exch2k3 from Exchange Manager sw. Once Exch.5.5 is switched off we don't have scheduler information in Outlook, otherwise everything seams to work. Many thanks for your help. Anna Did you setup the system folder replication using the 2003 Exchange System Manager tool? ...

outlook.pst file too large after Outlook2002 upgrade
Win2K system with Office/Small Business working fine. Did upgrade to XPPro, then upgraded to OfficeXP Pro. After all done opened Outlook and file/settings conversions started. Part way thru it gave the error "Unable to open Reminders due to outlook.pst has reached its maximum size" etc. Selected OK to get through pop-up windows, and was left with +Personal Folders only in folder list. Clicking the + to expand resulted in same error (outlook.pst has reached maximum size), tried to do File/Compress but with same error. Closed Outlook and renamed original .pst file to new ...

Win2003 CA certificates with Outlook2003
Win2003 CA certificates with Outlook2003 I am going insane trying to figure out why I can't generate digital certificates from our Certificate authority that our Outlook 2003 email client can use for encrypting and signing email. We had these clients using Verisign ID's Imported into Outlook from *.pfx files PKCS #12 type. These worked great but they are a pain in the but to manage and renew for 50 plus users. Since we recently upgraded to Win2003 server I decide we would replace all these with certificates we generate internally. Was suppose to be a simple thing to do. ...

Upgrading from GP 8 to 10 vba code does not run.
Currently upgrading to V10 from V8. Successfully moved a custom .dic to V10 and runs correctly. My issue is the associated VBA code attached to the windows and select fields in the windows / forms of the application. Seem all when until I try to run the vb code attached to the button. Nothing happens. And yes, I have had sure both the form (window) and the field objects have been added to VBA. The vba file originated from the V8 version. Help to any one on this problem? First make sure that your security is set to use the modified forms with VBA (Administration>Setup>Alternate/Modif...

Upgraded to 2005 Deluxe, where are my transactions?
Hi, I just upgraded to 2005 Deluxe. After the install, I opened my .mbf file and Money told me that it converted my file. So, I want to make sure it imported everything correctly and it didn't import anything. My bills that were in my previous version aren't there and non of my bank accounts that I had years of entries for. Where did my account information go? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, "Craig M." <Craig M.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >I just upgraded to 2005 Deluxe. After the install, I opened my .mbf file >and Money told me that ...

problem with VK key code in win2k
Hi everyone, I would appreciate if anyone of you can help to enlighten me on this. I have a remote controller which plugs into the USB port and any buttons pressed on the remote control will generate a keyboard sequence such as CTRL+F11 for instance. I wrote a program to intercept the keyboard sequence generated and send it to my child program, so it would appear like the remote control is "talking" to my child program. the problem I face now is that it works perfectly in winxp, both home adn professional, and even on Win2003. But the same program fail on win2k series. Basically,...

User login failed on the customized VBA project after GP 10 upgrad
After GP 10 upgrade, I am getting the login failed error for all useers who tried on working on my customized Dynamics VBA project. Error # -2147217843: Login failed for user 'sa'. Procedure: frmDateEntry - cmdProcess_Click Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server Thanks for help. Kevin Kevin, You might need to re look at your connection in VBA -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Kevin Zhou" wrote: > After GP 10 upgrade, I am getting the login failed error for all useers who > tried on working on my customized Dynamic...

Upgrading to Outlook 2003 #2
We are about to upgrade to Outlook 2003. I'm curious if anyone has experienced problems upgrading their Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003. Also, if you have Office 2002 installed and only upgrade Outlook, if you have had problems. Thanks. 1) the biggest problems we;re seeing involve using the old profile. For best results, do a clean install - and since that's impossible for many people, at least make a new profile. You can use the old pst in the new profile. 2) if you only upgrade outlook you loose the ability to use 'office envelope' features - notably word as your ema...

Upgrading Publisher 2000 to Publisher 2003
Can i upgrade without affecting my other Office 2000 applications? You will need either Windows 2000 or XP to use Publisher 2003. Otherwise, you probably can. -- Don Vancouver, USA "klrz3" <klrz3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3534EC8D-AB6E-4D78-BEC2-0773BC0ACEC9@microsoft.com... > Can i upgrade without affecting my other Office 2000 applications? Thanks, I have Windows XP so I think I'll go ahead and try it. "Don Schmidt" wrote: > You will need either Windows 2000 or XP to use Publisher 2003. > > Otherwise, you probably ...

2003 SP2 upgrade sequence BE and FE
My FE server is now upgraded to SP2. My two BE other two servers are still SP1. This might be a dumb question but can I upgrade just one of the BE servers to SP2 and see how it goes, and maybe wait a day or two to do the 2nd BE server? The first server is not really being used any more as we moved all the mailboxes to the other server which is now our "primary server" (the one getting backed up). But I could move a mailbox or two over to the old server just for testing if necessary, Just hoping to get the "all clear" before I proceed! Thanks If all FEs are upg...

report with VBA not working after upgrade
we did an upgrade from v7.5 to v8, and one of the report can't show vba modified fields. any idea how to fix it? Thanks If you are accessing SQL Data, you probably need new Retrieve Globals. Go to partner source, and download RetrieveGlobals_80.dll, and register this file using RegSvr.exe. The instructions are included in the zip file. Let us know if this doesn't fix your problem. Thx, VJ ...

Can I upgrade from Works 3.0b to Excel
I have Works 3.0b and Word 2000. Can I use an upgrade version of Excel or do I need to buy the full version? Tony MS stopped the upgrade from Works at version 7 Office 95...sorry -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "tonyburtt" <tonyburtt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E33F2FC-E637-4FE8-90AC-E083BD3C0E7A@microsoft.com... >I have Works 3.0b and Word 2000. Can I use an upgrade version of Excel or >do > I need to buy the full version? http://www.microsoft.com/office/excel/howto...