Upgrade to exchange enterprise #2

Hello
   I have just moved to exchange enterprise from exchange standard(with the
mailbox move method).  Everything has gone well but i'm noticing that i'm
still getting event 1221 messages stating that there is x amount of space in
the public and private message stores.  Just wondering if i should still be
getting these messages.  I'm aware though that exchange space is white space
based and that when you exceed the amount of white space the database will
grow again.  But just wondering if i should still be getting those 1221's.
Thanks
0
MikeA1 (35)

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 09:17:03 -0700, "mikea"
<mikea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello
>   I have just moved to exchange enterprise from exchange standard(with the
>mailbox move method).  Everything has gone well but i'm noticing that i'm
>still getting event 1221 messages stating that there is x amount of space in
>the public and private message stores.  Just wondering if i should still be
>getting these messages.  I'm aware though that exchange space is white space
>based and that when you exceed the amount of white space the database will
>grow again.  But just wondering if i should still be getting those 1221's.
>Thanks

Absolutley. 1221 messages are every bit as relavant in Ent as they are
in Std. It's just in Std you need to watch them and worry. In Ent, as
long as the free space isn't impacting the backup times or the system
performance they're largely informational.
0
mark7219 (5666)

routing issue #2
we have two routers, one is attached to an ISA server which is used mainly for the internet one is attached to the exchange server which is used solely for email the exchange server is sending mail throo the ISA router server - how can i make it use the exchange router ? - the IP of the ISA router is showing in the email headers mark Hi, I presume the default gateway of the Exchange server is the ISA router? Therefore it will always route through it. This is all theory, as I haven't got the time to test it at the moment: Add another IP to your Exchange server, which DFG is the r...

CRM Email account for Exchange has thousands of emails in it.
Is it normal for Exchange to store all emails sent to the CRM email account used for the Exchange router? Do I need to do something in CRM or more likely Exchange to purge these? We have a client that has 7000 emails in it after a couple months. -- Thanks, Brian The emails in the CRM email account should be auto-purged. No user intervention is required. On the Exhange box, - Check that the CRM-Exchange Email Router Service is started - Check the Event log. Thanks for this. So now I have found the the email address set up in when installing the CRM Exchange router is wrong...

Any Help documentation for Exchange 2007?
E2k7' help button gives 'Cannot display Help' Technical details: HC not found. (MS.OSSADMIN.manifest , 1033) Did I miss something? Not all the help is completed in the Beta 2 release. "Prem" <premmetje@zonnet.nl> wrote in message news:1161634519.758601.285030@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > E2k7' help button gives 'Cannot display Help' Technical details: HC not > found. (MS.OSSADMIN.manifest , 1033) > Did I miss something? > ...

=?iso-8859-1?Q?=22microsoft_office_document_imaging=22_documents=3F?= #2
Is there a program available for Mac that can read "microsoft office document imaging" documents? I have a number of email attachements sent to me with "filename.mdi" that I need to open Can they be opened on a Mac running OS X? ...

Exchange Crash -- all we have is the ispriv.edb file
Hello all -- A client of mine never did any exchange 2003 backups, but did copy over the ispriv.edb file over to an external USB harddrive. All we want to do is pull the email out of that directory (8GB file) and put it into .pst files. Then, Ill reinstall Exchange, and open each person's mail box and copy the contents of each .PST file back to the server. My question is: If I only have the ISPRIV.EDB file, how do I get mail out of it ? Is there some super cool easy to use tool for this? ;-) Any help appreciated!! Sincerely, Blake http://wm.quest.com/products/recoverymanage...

Locking down relaying in Exchange 2000
Hello All, I have searched this newsgroup for recommendations for shutting down the open relay capabilities in Exchange Server 2000. I ran the relay test from a site recommended in a previous post in this group: http://msv.dk/ This test ran and the following are the failures listed from the test. Note: The Ip address, Servername, and domain name have been changed to protect the ignorant (me). Can anyone explain how each of these failures were caused, and even more importantly, how to block them, if, in fact, they are true failures? At the time of this test, the test did not check for ful...

New to exchange #3
Does anyone know how to take a large file break it down to smaller parts send it through outlook and then merge it back into one file within outlook on the other end. Apparently there is a way to do thi within outlook. There isn't anyway to do that with Outlook. You could do it with WinRAR, or search for a program on google called HJSplit. Winzip can create files like that too, but I prefer WinRAR. -- Martin Blackstone MVP - Exchange http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Entourage 2008 Web Services Edition cannot connect to Exchange Server 2007
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I have been using Entourage 2008 to connect to our Exchange server since it's release (part of Office 2008) and I have recently followed the instructions to update it to the Web Services Edition. I am now unable to connect to my Exchange account with this version but as soon as I re-install the 'normal' version of Entourage 2008 everything works. <br><br>Is there something I need to enable on the Exchange 2007 server to allow the Web Services Edition to connect? ...

Setting Public Folder Permissions (Exchange 2003)
We have a public folder on our Exchange server that stores all of our client contact information. I know that there is a way to assign permissions (Owner, Editor, etc) to the other Exchange users. I did this once or twice when we were on Exchange 5.5. How would I do that on Exchange 2003? It is in the Exchange Tasks of each user in AD? Is it something in the Exchange console that I am missing? forgot to send you the link (-: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=635BE792-D8AD-49E3-ADA4-E2422C0AB424&displaylang=en oz -- Best regards, Good Luck Oz Ozugurlu __________...

problem while starting "Microsoft Exchange Information Store" service
Hi, I am facing some problem with starting "Microsoft Exchange Information Store" service. Did a fresh exchange server installation and after reboot this service was not running. I tried running this service manually but getting error as "Could not start Microsoft Exchange Information Store service on Local Computer Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion" In the event Application logs i am getting some warnings and error related to 1. The MAD Monitoring thread was unable to read its configuration from the DS, error ...

Date format problem #2
Dear All, Please suggest me the solution of my problem, as i m handling data for 60,000 in no.Some body in data entry has enter the date in a cell in gernal format e.g 20.03.2003 tht is 20th march 2003, i wnt to convert in the date fomat,like 3/20/03.. i tried ..but i failed to tht please suggest some alternative solution for tht..becoz it is not possible to do it mannually waiting for the response Thanks NISHANT Nishant Try using Data/Text to Columns. and assign the information as a date. Andy. "Nishant" <nishant.khare@wipro.com> wrote in message news:090201c37ce0$1b...

Pivot table sorting #2
Hello, I have a pivot table report for partnumber and values. This report is based on a database containing details like partnumber source import flag Description total value... etc. In my report i would like to sort the table in descending order of total value. I have tried advanced option by double clicking the total value field and changing the autosorting option to descending(total). But i am not getting the required result. My version of excel is Microsoft office excel 2003. Pivot table report is given below Source (All) Imp (All) Sub (All) Description (All) ...

convert time into decimal #2
=IF(E44="","X",E40-E44) the formula above where E40 is the time now, and E44 is the time of 2 hours ago. I want to return 2 instead of 2:00 PM. How do I do this? I do this but it does not work (E40-E44)*24. ...

comapring 2 seperate workbook
HELP!!! Is there any way you can compare 2 workbooks. for example, would be looking for a match (of values) from single columb o workbook 'a' to values of single columb from workbook 'b'. When eve there is a match between these two, maybe I can write it on ne workbook?(automatically). Or if there is any other tricks, please le me know. (I am sick of comparing it maually and when there is a match I am cutting and pasting to new workbook) -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi as a starting point have a look at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#Ex...

CRM 1.2 SBS 2003 Can not install exchange email router
Logged on as domain admin throughout. Installed CRM successfully, followed install instructions, did not install to local host installed web to a hostheader of "companyweb" port 80. during Exchange email router setup I get an error when specifying CRM server and web - "one or more os the MS CRM servers you listed is invalid or you do not have administrator priveleges on that server...." server name: sbssrb01 web http://companyweb If I go into IIS can not open CRM web get - http Error 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied. All services are on 1 server "sbssrv01&qu...

Exporting existing info from outlook 2003 to exchange server
This must be an easy thing to do or it is not possible. I'm hoping that what I am about to describe is easy and I'm just missing something ? We got exchange server to share calendars and inbox information. I set up exchange server - no problem. I have Outlook 2003 on one machine and have outlook 2002 on other. The Outlook 2003 machine has a ton of data and a calendar that goes out almost another year with appointments. I am able to delegate and allow the 2002 Outlook user to share a calendar and inbox on the exchange server - albeit ... the calendar and inbox are empty. I was feeli...

arrow keys #2
To move from cell to cell, I used my arrow and enter keys. They no longer work in Excel. I have to click on each cell to get there. Do you know how to fix it? Thanks. What happens when you use the arrow key? Check if your scroll lock is on or if you have something under tools>options>transition -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Shirley Smith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:079201c3af8e$fa3acc00$a001280a@phx.gbl... > To move from cell to cell, I used my arrow and enter > keys. They no longer work in Excel. I have to click on > eac...

Exchange 2000 not sending email
FYI Windows 2000 Server 5.00.2195 Service Pack 3 (Fresh install) Exchange 5.5 (Fresh Install) Exchange Enterprise Server 2000 (upgrade version) Note : Exchange 5.5 was installed and immediately upgraded to 2000. It was not configured etc. Cannot send emails ... internal users can send/receive to/from each other .. emails can be retrieved from net ... users cannot send out. Some other info. Queues hold messages and never go .. always come back approx 48hrs later failure ... All queues based on remote delivery never "GO" Always bounced back ISP says the mx records 'look good...

Exchange Send as question
Good Day, I have a problem that perhaps somebody out there can help me with. We are running an Exchange Server 2003 with SP1 on a Windows 2003 with SP1 server. I have a user named Anne who is the Admin for two people Aaron and Liz. A few months back Anne wanted rights to send email as Aaron so she can just send email as him with out the On Behalf showing up in the email. I went to class after that and I asked the question on how can I do it. They said that I should just give her full rights to Aaron mailbox. So she already had full rights so I added the from option to her Outlook ...

Question About NNTP in Exchange 2003?
Hi, I am wondering if the NNTP in Exchange 2003 is flexable at all in pulling NNTP new service from normal news group servers without having to the high rated coporate fees? I have an accounts with Usenetserver.com which allows me to pull 2.5Gigs per day up to 6 connections at once. I don't want to attempt till I know for certain if it will work or not, the last night I tried this on Exchange 2000 I couldn't get rid of all the news group names which filled up my public folders. :( Regards, Andrew Ezbidz Auctions ...

De-activate Windows 7 Upgrade.....?
I attempted to upgrade an old desktop from XP to Windows 7. Didn't work. So I broke down and bought a new Lap-top. I still have the Windows 7 upgrade in the box. Can I de-activate and sell.....? thx... j.l. On Tue, 7 Sep 2010 16:46:29 -0400, J.L. wrote: > I attempted to upgrade an old desktop from XP to Windows 7. Didn't work. > > So I broke down and bought a new Lap-top. > > I still have the Windows 7 upgrade in the box. > > Can I de-activate and sell.....? > > thx... > > j.l. Did you activate it? If no...

RPC over HTTP Advanced Server w/ Advanced Server & Exchange 2k3
Is is possible to implement RPC without installing Advanced Server 2003? I'm still using Server 2000 but have just upgraded my exchange to 2003. Thanx Requirements to use RPC over HTTP To use RPC over HTTP, your computers must meet the following requirements. Server requirements Your computer must be running Microsoft Windows Server 2003. You must install Windows Server 2003 on the computers that are running Exchange Server 2003. RPC over HTTP requires Windows Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2003. RPC over HTTP also requires Windows Server 2003 in a Global Catalog role. Client requ...

any one have a clue how to sync 2 copies of outlook
laptop and desktop I want to sync up the outlook on both. any clues/? hints? thanks Hi Paul, Have a look at www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm or at my signature for a powerful tool. -- Thomas Wetzel www.synchpst.com Synchronize and backup Outlook ...

GAL
Hi Folks: We have a new install of Exchange 2007 running on a single box using W2k3 Std. x64. The Exchange 2007 is our Hub, Client Access, and Mailbox server. No other exchange servers are in the organization. I have 400 contact cards that are in an Active Directory OU called "External Contacts". I've run the OAB generator (setting the logging level to Expert using the Shell). The OAB Generates without error. However, none of the External Contacts are showing up. It would appear that the GAL is not picking up on these contacts. So even though the OAB Generator has run,...

email cannot store in exchange 2003 server
i'm using exchange 2003 server and outlook 2003 (pop3) as client computer, i tick the box to keep email in server when use outlook 2003 to receive email, but I cannot find any mail in server afterwards, anybody know why? thanks!!! JY Try this: Create and configure the "Message Size Limit" registry entry, follow these steps: 1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK. 2. Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeWEB\OWA 3. Right-click OWA, click New, and then click DWORD Value. 4...