Upgrade Swing Mode SSL Question

Hello everybody

I want to upgrade my E2k3 server which is running W2kS to the W2k3S.
I set up a new E2k3S to act as a swing server, but I have a SSL associated
to the alias webmail.mydomian.pt

When I move a mailbox to the swing server I not able to connect to OWA
because the address changes to swinghostname.mydomain.pt.

How can I move mailboxes without disabling SSL certificate?

Thank you all very much,
Filipa Gaudêncio

0
Lipa (14)

This is not really going to be possible unless you have a frontend server as
the DNS entry for webmail.mydomain.pt is going to be pointing to a single IP
address. Exporting the certificate from the old server to the new server is
a step you can take at any time but you'll have to provide your users with a
new fqdn to connect to while they are on the swing server. They will receive
a warning when they connect via SSL with the new fqdn because the
certificate won't match but at least the connection will be secure.

Nue
"Lipa" <Lipa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello everybody
>
> I want to upgrade my E2k3 server which is running W2kS to the W2k3S.
> I set up a new E2k3S to act as a swing server, but I have a SSL associated
> to the alias webmail.mydomian.pt
>
> When I move a mailbox to the swing server I not able to connect to OWA
> because the address changes to swinghostname.mydomain.pt.
>
> How can I move mailboxes without disabling SSL certificate?
>
> Thank you all very much,
> Filipa Gaud�ncio

0
imaneophyte (3004)

Upgrading to newest money money updates... errors..
I've been using Money 2005 for a month or so... I decided to switch which computer I use it at at home. Just yesterday I think was the last update that asked me to back up my file. Now, I've installed the program on a new computer we got and everytime it tries to download the latest money update it crashes when it goes to install it. It says I dont have access to the file or that it may be 'read only' or not enough disk space (needs 100 megs). I can use the file perfect on the orginal computer, it's not marked read only, and there's over 40GB of space available....

Question about easy qualitative graph
Here's what we want to graph. Categories are snowfall, snowpack, temperature, and precipitation. We want these to be on the y axis. Values are above, normal, below. We want these to be on the x axis with them going from left to right (below, normal, above) with space to the left of "below". Snowfall=above, snowpack=above, temperature=below, precipitation=normal. This sounds very easy, but not sure how to plot this without using numbers, which we aren't using. Thanks for your time, S On Mar 22, 10:19=A0pm, shadrack <shadke...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Here's what ...

SQL Upgrade
-- Thanks Titan ...

How to "transfer" or "copy" an SSL certificate from Exchange 2000 to Exchgange 2007
Sorry for my ignorance. I seem to have a brain deficiency when it comes to Certs. I am replacing an Exchange 2000 server with Exchange 2007 SP2 on Win2008. I have a .pxf that I had exported from the Ex2000 server, and I simply "imported" it into the Ex2007 using the import function on the IIS ssl certificates console on the exchange 2007 server....It now resides in that console and is also in the MMC Certificates (personal) folder and is enabled for server and client authorization. The question is: Am I done... or is there more to do in order to have things like OWA and Ac...

Updating Money Deluxe 2007 question
Will Microsoft keep the Money updates available permanently, as they do with updates for old operating systems like Windows 98? The reason I ask is that, at least in my experience, Money updates have never been a manually downloadable file, but rather once you install the program, Money calls out on the Internet and looks for updates. If Microsoft doesn't keep the updates online, is there any way to download the update files now for permanent keeping? I did a test. I installed Money 2007 Deluxe on my Virtual PC. As soon as I went into the program after installation, it updated ...

TreeView XML Question
Hi Guys, I have different pages in ASP.NET.And i have a treeview that populates XML that i use as the MENU. Is it possible to have one asp.net page but populating different XML to the mENU? Any ideas? ...

XmlTextReader Question #2
Hi, I am starting out an xml file, example's below. It will be like that but larger. I am having problems actually getting at the inner nodes. Example the items I named InputOne, State, DebounceOn. Not sure how to get each data item Any help, directions would be appreciated. Right now I am doing in C#, SystemIO.StreamReader stream = new SystemIO.StreamReader("theFile.xml); XmlTextReader reader = null; reader = new XmlTextReader(stream); while( reader.Read()) switch(reader.NodeType) { case XmlNodeType.Element: Console.Write( reader.Name + reader.Value); break; case XmlNo...

Can I have one register from two accounts in M03 and in import question
I have just begun trying-out Money 2003 and am having trouble doing what I want to do. I have two accounts, one is a Merrill Lynch money market account which contains my portfolio and my VISA account and I also write checks in that account. The second account is a Credit Union account in which deposits are made and from which I pay bills. I would like to have one register that will contain all deposits and expenditures, including the VISA charges, from both accounts. Can I do this and how? Also, ML only keeps 90 days worth of transactions. I would like to load the entire year into Mone...

exchange 5.5/2003 with mixed mode 2003 domain public folders
Hi, I have recently completed some work for a potential customer, I am recommending that they in place upgrade their existing NT 4 domain to 2003 based on various reasons that I do not want to go into here. However, they also want their single exchange 5.5 org in the same domain to be migrated at the same time. This will be a mixed mode 5.5 to 2003 migration. At this stage the domain will be in mixed mode and will not support universal security groups. The customer uses public folders quitre heavily, I do not know the exact amount, but the user base is 2500 approx. They use distribution list...

Question about restarting money
It has been over a year since I have updated my money account. I am ready to start again, but don't know the best way to start over. Do I just start a new account or try to update the old one in some way? any advice will be appreciated Grace Unless you want to input a year's worth of transactions the easiest way is to create a new file. File > New -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Grace" <grace_33322@yahoo.com> wrote ...

Question regarding opening Calender
When I open Outlook it always open to my email. I want to open it to see my calendar always. How might I do that? Thanks! Russ Russ's Signature Page http://home.comcast.net/~rblwood/Signature.html Tools->Options->Other->Advanced. Change it using the dropdown list. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, SignatureMan asked: | When I open Outlook it always open to my e...

It is a question about the Visual C++ 6.0 Enter(or Pro)
Hello. Environment : Visual C++ 6.0 Enter versions When I add approximately 1,500 sources to one DLL and build. vc60.idb becomes around 35MB, and the following errors are displayed, and build stops. \x1.cpp(19) fatal error C1073: Internal error involving incremental compilation(compiler file 'main.c', line 629) \x1.cpp(23) fatal error C1073: Internal error involving incremental compilation(compiler file 'main.c', line 629) When I delete vc60.idb, An error is not displayed, and build is performed till the last. Thanks, "teratera" <teratera@discussions.m...

IE8 privacy question

focus question
Hi! I am developing an application for specific pda... i need to create a Software Input Panel(normally its implemented in win ce but the oem excluded it from the system)... the problem is as follows: The software keyboard is in a separate child window... no i need to be able to keep the caret on its place(on a selected editbox for example) while pressing buttons on the keyboard. Please help :) Another question is, what message do i have to send to the application in order to put/send a character to an editbox(specified by the caret). Thanx. climax! wrote: > Hi! > > I am developi...

Simplifying my previous question ...
I suspect that (since I didn't get any response on my previous request for assistance) I may need to approach this in stages ... Assuming that Information Rights Management (IRM) won't give me the detailed permissions I need, basically, here's what I need: 1. A Macro that will unprotect a series of Workbooks (approximately 200 of them) so that the Auto Update function in Linked Data can update without user intervention. 2. I copied this Macro from a previous post -- how can I modify the following code to achieve what I need from it: Can I use something like this? I ...

Sending via SSL is not working with Outlook 2003
Hy, I'm working with two systems and two Outlook-Versions. System one with Outlook XP, System 2 with Outlook 2003. Both systems use *identical* account informations. Both are able to retrieve mails via SSL form the mailserver. Only Outlook XP is able to send mails through SMTP via SSL. Outlook 2003 fails with error 0x800ccc7d. (I know, this error means, that Outlook thinks the mailserver is not able to use SSL.) The mailserver has a selfsigned certificate. I guess, this causes the bug. (Maybe the popup window hangs?) Is there a fix available? Benjamin Outlook 2003 does not sh...

Toolbar only shows symbols plus font question
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3348491993_24392315 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I have 2 questions: When I copy/paste text from another source (another email message or a Word document) into an email message, the font changes to a different typestyle/size which Entourage does not allow me to change. I end up having to retype it all if I want it to look uniform rather than like a ransom note. What do I n...

Missing Checks in Reconcilation after upgrade to GP 10
Recently we have upgraded to GP 10. Today we went to reconcile the bank and there are no outstanding checks available to clear prior to 10/14/2009, which is the date of the first check run after the upgrade. You can review the outstanding list through a smart list so I know they are in the database. How come the outstanding checks prior to the upgrade are not showing up in the reconciliation module? Do we have a new set-up option with GP10 we don't know about? ...

Autofilter question
I have an autofilter with a column of data that includes operators such as > and <. For example, one of the records would read "> 60 days past due" How would I go about coding the criteria to show the records that display "> 60 days past due"? Thanks, Chad Macro recorder returns this. Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="=> 60 days past due" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 13:23:01 -0700, Chad <Chad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have an autofilter with a column of data that include...

Upgrading from Office X Service Pack 1
Hello I purchased Office X (Student and Teacher Edition) today. Applications installed OK, but upgrade to 10.1.2 from Service Pack 1 fails. At the first attempt I get "This updater could not find Office v.X or you have clicked cancel......" I then remove the MS Component Plugin file. The installer finds the directory but returns the message "An error prevented the update from completing. 11002:2,-14" I have tried all the recommended trouble shooting techniques including - reboot my Mac (!), switch virus checker off, shut down all other applications, I've even tried r...

Yet another address book question
Just move to Outlook ought three and t'was my good luck to see a posting here simply saying the you could no longer automatically put people you reply to in your address book. That's what I was looking for. Followed the link to some code to work around this but there was no explanation about how to make the code work. So, what's the real work around for this handy feature (automatically adding people to your phone book)? Do I just use OE or move to some other email program? Thanks, Becky If you are referring to the sample code at http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/autob...

Question on Budgets for Money 2005
I am considering buying Money 2005. I have a question about the budget feature in Money 2005. I was wondering if you can specify when the budget starts and ends each month. For instance, my budget goes from the middle of the month to the middle of the next month. Thanks for your help. The budget stuff has changed a bit (advanced budget (same as 2004) versus the 'essential' budget), but having budgets running from custom dates is not one of them. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny ...

Money 2004 Upgrade #2
I have Money 2004 installed on my pc. I would like to upgrade to Money Small Business version. Will I be able to keep track of personal funds and business funds on the same program including transferring funds back and forth. AND. Will my data transfer over to the Small Business version? Money 2004 Small Business should read another Money 2004 file (so long as the versions are from the same country). Here is a comparison chart: http://www.microsoft.com/money/info/comparison.asp - as it shows, the small business edition allows you to manage your personal finances too, so I would ...

Quick Exchange 5.5 question
Hi, Can ICS functions be ran on a second server for load balancing? Thanks David ...

Upgrade to 1.3
We are contemplating upgrading to Version 1.3 of MS RMS. We have been told that we cannot have HQ and Store running on different versions whilst they are making connections. So this would mean stopping the connections until HQ and all stores are upgraded. Is this correct? If this is correct, suggestion to MS - make it possible to keep the business running whilst doing an upgrade - e.g. allow upgraded HQ to support connections from Stores that are still to be upgraded? This is not true. I am currently going through the upgrade process. I have 7 stores on 1.3 while HQ is running 1.2. ...