Updating User's Contacts centrally

Our mother company is changing their email address...so to make it
easier to the end users we are looking for a way to centrally update
the email addresses to have the new domain suffix...

eg Current address - forename.surname@bigcompany.co.uk
     Newer address - forename.surname@newbigcompanyname.com

Of course we could just send an email out...but ideally we want to do
it centrally.

These contacts are held in individual mailboxes.  We do have an account
that has Full Mailbox Access to ALL mailboxes.

Please please please be easy....

ct

Try this link to export / import the data. Use Excel to modify the SMTP
address.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313823

"ct" <mike.thomas01@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Our mother company is changing their email address...so to make it
> easier to the end users we are looking for a way to centrally update
> the email addresses to have the new domain suffix...
>
> eg Current address - forename.surname@bigcompany.co.uk
>     Newer address - forename.surname@newbigcompanyname.com
>
> Of course we could just send an email out...but ideally we want to do
> it centrally.
>
> These contacts are held in individual mailboxes.  We do have an account
> that has Full Mailbox Access to ALL mailboxes.
>
> Please please please be easy....
>
> ct

0
exchange.mvp (559)
1/9/2006 10:06:52 AM
If you have to Add/Modify the current mail address for each user, you
have justto create a recipient policies where yuo specify the new
e-mail address and apply it to the storage groups..., or you can do a
massive Bulk modify using adsiedit...

0
aforino (59)
1/9/2006 11:30:18 AM
"ct" <mike.thomas01@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Our mother company is changing their email address...so to make it
> easier to the end users we are looking for a way to centrally update
> the email addresses to have the new domain suffix...
>
> eg Current address - forename.surname@bigcompany.co.uk
>      Newer address - forename.surname@newbigcompanyname.com
>
> Of course we could just send an email out...but ideally we want to
do
> it centrally.
>
> These contacts are held in individual mailboxes.  We do have an
account
> that has Full Mailbox Access to ALL mailboxes.
>
> Please please please be easy....
>
> ct

Try adding the new domain to your Default Recipient Policy (in
Exchange System Manager) then let it add the new address to each
mailbox automatically.

Lee.

--
_______________________________________

Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
www.owapda.com
email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m
_______________________________________

0
Lee
1/9/2006 1:39:35 PM
Thanks chaps..will have a punt at these.

Over and out

ct

Relay by User Name
Hi I'm using Exchange 2003 and wanted to enable relaying by users. My question is how does exchange authenticate the user before allowing/disallowing a relay? If a user is authenticated on the domain by logging onto a machine can they then generate SMTP mail that will be relayed or do they have to authenticate specifically? I ask this because we have a subset of users that journey between a large amount of sites and therefore pick up a range of IP addresses. They use a piece of software that uses SMTP so I'm trying to figure out how to deal with this without opening up the ...

Lost emaila and contacts
I have Outlook 2003 on windows XP. I was having an issue with Word and did a "repair". After I got a message that it was successful I went to open outlook and the setup wizard appeared and had me go thru all the steps as if outlook had just been installed on the pc. When I was done all of my emails from the past couple of uears and all my contacts were gone. Does anyone have any ideads on what happened or if they can be gotten back? Thanks. "carl43m" <carl43m@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E440B11-F783-4477-8918-9D13DCF5C634@mic...

Delivery Status Messages
Where can I configure the FROM account for the delivery status messages? It seems one of my counterparts our organization has gotten all of these notice messages tied to his own account instead of a generic postmaster account. Thanks! On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 10:07:42 -0800, "dave313" <dave313@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Where can I configure the FROM account for the delivery status messages? > >It seems one of my counterparts our organization has gotten all of these >notice messages tied to his own account instead of a generic postmaster >account. >...

More than one user receiving e-mail to the same alias?
Hello, I'd like to set up an alias - e.g. sales@widgets.com that goes to more than one person without setting up a sales account within active directory. I'm running Windows 2003 w/ Exchange 2003 SP2. I'd like robert@widget.com and mary@widget.com to receive e-mails going to sales@widget.com without creating a sales account. I could have e-mails from robert copy to mary but I'd like only sales e-mails to be copied. I'd prefer to do this from within Exchange without creating a rule in outlook. It may not be possible but I thought I'd check. Create a distr...

Imported data is not visible to other users......
I imported data into CRM using CRM Import functionality and some with Direct SQL inserts through smart way. I am able to see the data and i am able to browse it and update it. My User is assigned to Sales Person Role, System Administrator Role and Sales Manager Role. So i can see all data. Sales Department has Sales Person Rights but they are not able to View the Accounts that ,Notes and Activities. Any help, How i can set the permissions for the sales person. We want every one to see every ones data..... i figure it out that a User having sales person permission can not view other user d...

Take a look at that security update for Microsoft Internet Explorer
--nboqlqsq Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="lgcelytrtbub"; type="multipart/alternative" --lgcelytrtbub Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="mvzitzefrzcfccjt" --mvzitzefrzcfccjt Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help protect your computer from these vulnerabiliti...

Get all mails by one user
In Exchange 2003, how can I set user1@domain.com to get all incoming mails for all other user's accounts. regards, Adil adil@informit.com.pk Adil, I don't think you can do that with Exchange alone. Try writing a small script in VB and register it as a Exchange sink. Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315631 PM Adil Akram wrote: > In Exchange 2003, how can I set user1@domain.com to get all incoming mails > for all other user's accounts. > > regards, > Adil > adil@informit.com.pk > > Not easily. You could make the AD ...

Users are asked for Outlook (or MS Communicator) login every morni
We're running Outlook 2007, Communicator 2007, and Exchange 2007. Each morning our XP users are prompted for their domain user credentials to log into Outlook/MS Communicator. We believe it's the integration between Communicator & Outlook, but we're not 100% sure. If a user shuts down both Outlook & MOC at night, then they won't see the login prompt in the morning, even after restarting the apps. If they only shut down either only Outlook or only MOC, then the login prompt will appear. And if both apps are left running overnight, the login will appear in...

Set which local email account can send mail to contacts in address book. (associating an email address with a contact)
I use Outlook 2k3 with 3 separate email addresses configured to send and receive email. Is there a way when I create a new contact in my address book (and to go back and assign to old contacts) which email address will be used to send that person email? For example I want to send email to Thomas at company X if i hit new message button and pick his name out of the address book is there a way have outlook automatically default to which email address I have assigned to his contact information? I am afraid that I will send email from the wrong account. Also using different identities is not ...

Refreshing list of current users in multi-user db
I try to compact and repair a backend db. I get an error msg that user "xxx" is using the backend. I ask "xxx" to close db. Now I get an error msg that I am using backend and can't open backend for exclusive access. Error msg repeats even if I close the backend db (and all db's that may be linked to the backend) and try again. I can only get rid of the msg if I reboot Windows. Is there a way to force Access to refresh the list of current users? There's a little file in the same folder as the BE database with the same name. It has either a ldb or la...

Can't Import Outlook Contacts into WSS
Hello, I'm having a strange intermittent issue trying to import outlook contacts into a wss contact list. Sometimes it works fine while other times it freezes after I select the contacts in the outlook address book and click OK. Normally at this point, you would be presented with the "A Program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook." security dialog, but it never pops up. I have noticed that it looks like the security dialog appears in the task bar, but you cannot get it to actually display. At this point IE is frozen until I close what I believe is...

2003 Contacts format in Outlook 2007?
I'm new to using Outlook 7, and would like my Contacts list to look the same as it di in Outlook 2003: full contact information in multiple columns instead of in one column, as seems to be the default in 2007. Can I use the 2003 format? Post is too vague. What is a Contacts List? To what view are you referring? I know of no views that changed substantially between Outlook 2003 and 2007. -- Russ Valentine "JohnC" <JohnC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:596CED0A-0948-40CB-8F9F-E29A6D6153C1@microsoft.com... > I'm new to using Outlook 7, ...

How do I upgrade from Business Contact Manager to CRM
I have microsoft buisness contact manager currently on my machine, we recently installed CRM server any ideas on how to upgrade? did you ever find an answer to this...did you check the BCM newsgroup? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Marc_DISPENSA" <Marc_DISPENSA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C1475151-927F-442A-8B23-87A99EF8A1DA@microsoft.com... > I have microsoft buisness contact manager currently on my machine, we > recently installed CRM server any ideas on how to up...

Adding Outlook contacts to CRM 07-22-06
When I select multiple contacts in outlook and clieck on the Track in CRM button I get an error. If I have 25 contacts in outlook (not using exchange) and I want them to all sync into CRM how can I do that without clicking track in CRM for each, one at a time ? This is not available in the application out of the box. Thanks for your suggestion. We will consider this issue in a future service pack or release. An Issue has been entered in our tracking data base. -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Philip" <...

Cannot boot up after update
Hi, I run into problem booting up after run update. Subsequently, I went to repair it with recovery disc. It ended up worse as my system will just retry booting up repeatedly... Here is the failed repair message: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: StartupRepairV2 Problem Signature 01: ExternalMedia Problem Signature 02: 6.0.6001.18000.6.0.6001.18000 Problem Signature 03: 6 Problem Signature 04: 655371 Problem Signature 05: CorruptAcl Problem Signature 06: CorruptAcl Problem Signature 07: 0 Problem Signature 08: 1 Problem Signature 09: FixAcl Problem Signature 10: 0 OS...

i cannot see the latest update
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Hi When I ran the Microsoft autoupdate and it told me that there was no update available for office. And then i tried to view the latest updates installed and there was none. So i went and downloaded the latest update manually. However, when i tried to view it in the latest updates installed it was not there!! The autoUpdate is supposedly 2.1.1 Now my question is: How do I know that i have the latest update correctly installed? How do i ensure that the auto updater will detect future updates? All this is really annoying ...

updating/overwriting a driver that uses paged code and is active.
Hi, Is it safe to updated a driver by simply copying over it when it's loaded in memory (started) and has paged code sections? I tried to messing things up by deleting it and seems to work fine. Is there a way I can force a drivers paged sections to be flushed out of memory to see if it could be a problem? Or if it's known to be a problem, I can simply check the service status and not update if it's "started". TIA!! "David F." <df2705@community.nospam> wrote: > >Is it safe to updated a driver by simply copying over it when it&...

RE: Try these correction update for Internet Explorer
--evliaioypchueggo Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="cnzdmyfli"; type="multipart/alternative" --cnzdmyfli Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="iqkbvlmqvqrgqzv" --iqkbvlmqvqrgqzv Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2001, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to protect your computer from these vulnerabilities, t...

Automatically adding contacts
How do I automatically create a contact for email addresses I reply to? There used to be an option in previous versions of Outlook to "automatically add to Contacts people I reply to". I can't find that option now. Maybe I can't do this in Outlook 2002 (Office XP) but I remember being able to do this in previous Outlook versions. Thanks....Joe The full version of Outlook never had this option. Only the old IMO mode did. You can use code to create such an option: http://www.slipstick.com/dev/code/autoaddrecip.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Joe Marquardt&...

Put an Outlook contact in an Excel cell?
I am building an Excel list, and would like to put into a cell in Excel a reference or hyperlink to the Outlook contact for that record. I have tried dragging the Outlook contact into the Excel cell, but that doesn't work. Is there a way to do what I want? Thanks! Jeremy Just try Insert, then Hyperlink :o) -- @---}-- Laura..... :) Liverpool, England "Do you know where you're going to?" "Jeremy" <jeremyb@rockisland.com> wrote in message news:OKALLq0$FHA.272@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... : I am building an Excel list, and would like to put into a cell in E...

Not able to access Contact list when composing a message
Hi, I recently recreated a new Outlook.pst file (thanks to one of you guys here) and am able to use Outlook again. However, when I am writing an e-mail and click on "To:", I get this message: "The address list could not be displayed. The Contacts Folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions." Any ideas?? I restored the content in my Contact list by synching it with a third party program and my online phone list (which had been created by exporting data from Outlook). I shoudl ...

Adding Outlook Address Book 'Contacts' per user through Group Poli
I am upgrading our users from Office XP to Office 2003 using Active Directory Group Poilicy Install with an MST file. The problem i am having is that after the install when the user logs on, i have to manually add their Personal Contacts by using the EMAIL ACCOUNT selection under TOOLS in outlook and then adding it as a new directory or address book; choosing additional address books and then selecting OUTLOOK ADDRESS BOOK. Can this be set up so that when a user, any user, and every user that uses a particular workstation logs onto that workstation, their Outlook Address Book is aut...

Vista Update freeze at download/installation
Hi there, Since some time, I got a message in Windows Update dialog, telling me that "12 important updates are available". When I push the button "Install updates", it begins to download, but is not able to get anything, until I cancel the process. Please tell me what is happen and how can I fix it. Note that before this problem I run successfully each update, since when I install my OS (2-3 years ago), without problems TIA, Sabin Sabin Coanda wrote: > Hi there, > > Since some time, I got a message in Windows Update dialog, telling me ...

"Outlook (2003) is preparing the requested view"
Since the October updates were installed to our test systems yesterday (WSUS) we have been seeing that Outlook 2003 is experiencing slow downs when accessing PST files. We are running: Windows XP SP2, Office 2003, Dell hardware (various models). When attempting to browse through any PST files (local or network - yes, network is not supported) Outlook reports back with "Outlook is preparing the requested view" and hangs for anywhere from 30 seconds to several minutes. It does eventually display folder contents but very slowly. After having viewed a specific folder it doesn'...

Allow setup of BP User Default Company during add user wizard.
I have realized an issue that should be addressed to eliminate potential omissions while adding new employees to Business Portal. When you are adding a new user to BP the New User Wizard does not have the option to select the default company. Once you complete the user (users) being added, you have to go back and go through the list of users and select each one to setup a default company. This creates the potential to miss setting the default company for new users and can create a serious burden if you are adding more than a handful of users at a time. ---------------- This post is ...