unknown .edb file

I have error messages in the log files that references a corrupt database
named  C:\Program Files\exchsrvr\Exchangeserver_Outlook.edb. "Outlook" is the
name of the server. The problem is that this database is not listed in any of
the Mail Stores or Public stores. I want to run the repair utilities on it,
but since I'm not sure what it is used for, I don't know how I can restore it
if the repair goes bad. Does anyone know what this is used for or how I can
determine that myself? BTW, the database always has a current time stamp, so
I assume that it is used by something.
0
Craig1 (222)

Can we see full info from event?

--

Text from most Windows dialogs can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.

Free productivity applications suit - www.openoffice.org
Free Internet calling - www.skype.com
Free SQL database Firebird - full support for transaction control,
triggers, stored procedures, partial SQL-99 compliance
http://www.ibphoenix.com/main.nfs?a=ibphoenix&s=1142758270:704186&page=what_is_interbase
0
kpalagin (1838)
4/28/2006 4:57:26 PM
Here is the error from the event log.

ExchangeServer_OUTLOOK (2280) ExchangeServer_OUTLOOK: Database C:\Program
Files\Exchsrvr\ExchangeServer_OUTLOOK\ExchangeServer_OUTLOOK.edb: Index
indexContentID of table privFE9FFD75_ExchangeServer_OUTLOOK0A is corrupted
(0).

"Kirill Palagin" wrote:

> Can we see full info from event?
>
> Craig wrote:
> > I have error messages in the log files that references a corrupt database
> > named  C:\Program Files\exchsrvr\Exchangeserver_Outlook.edb. "Outlook" is the
> > name of the server. The problem is that this database is not listed in any of
> > the Mail Stores or Public stores. I want to run the repair utilities on it,
> > but since I'm not sure what it is used for, I don't know how I can restore it
> > if the repair goes bad. Does anyone know what this is used for or how I can
> > determine that myself? BTW, the database always has a current time stamp, so
> > I assume that it is used by something.
> >
> --
>
> Text from most Windows dialogs can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.
>
> Free productivity applications suit - www.openoffice.org
> Free Internet calling - www.skype.com
> Free SQL database Firebird - full support for transaction control,
> triggers, stored procedures, partial SQL-99 compliance
> http://www.ibphoenix.com/main.nfs?a=ibphoenix&s=1142758270:704186&page=what_is_interbase

0
Craig1 (222)
4/28/2006 6:29:02 PM
If you can see the database in the store in Exchange System Manager use
ADSIEdit to track it down.

Nue
"Kirill Palagin" <kpalagin@no.phxint.mail.ru> wrote in message
> Can we see full info from event?
>
> Craig wrote:
>> I have error messages in the log files that references a corrupt database
>> named  C:\Program Files\exchsrvr\Exchangeserver_Outlook.edb. "Outlook" is
>> the name of the server. The problem is that this database is not listed
>> in any of the Mail Stores or Public stores. I want to run the repair
>> utilities on it, but since I'm not sure what it is used for, I don't know
>> how I can restore it if the repair goes bad. Does anyone know what this
>> is used for or how I can determine that myself? BTW, the database always
>> has a current time stamp, so I assume that it is used by something.
>>
> --
>
> Text from most Windows dialogs can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.
>
> Free productivity applications suit - www.openoffice.org
> Free Internet calling - www.skype.com
> Free SQL database Firebird - full support for transaction control,
> triggers, stored procedures, partial SQL-99 compliance
> http://www.ibphoenix.com/main.nfs?a=ibphoenix&s=1142758270:704186&page=what_is_interbase

0
imaneophyte (3004)
4/28/2006 6:32:31 PM
Craig,

That doesn't sound like the mail database.

Do you perhaps have Full Text Indexing enabled on your server?

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Craig" <Craig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Here is the error from the event log.
>
> ExchangeServer_OUTLOOK (2280) ExchangeServer_OUTLOOK: Database C:\Program
> Files\Exchsrvr\ExchangeServer_OUTLOOK\ExchangeServer_OUTLOOK.edb: Index
> indexContentID of table privFE9FFD75_ExchangeServer_OUTLOOK0A is corrupted
> (0).
>
> For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.
>
> "Kirill Palagin" wrote:
>
>> Can we see full info from event?
>>
>> Craig wrote:
>> > I have error messages in the log files that references a corrupt
>> > database
>> > named  C:\Program Files\exchsrvr\Exchangeserver_Outlook.edb. "Outlook"
>> > is the
>> > name of the server. The problem is that this database is not listed in
>> > any of
>> > the Mail Stores or Public stores. I want to run the repair utilities on
>> > it,
>> > but since I'm not sure what it is used for, I don't know how I can
>> > restore it
>> > if the repair goes bad. Does anyone know what this is used for or how I
>> > can
>> > determine that myself? BTW, the database always has a current time
>> > stamp, so
>> > I assume that it is used by something.
>> >
>> --
>>
>> Text from most Windows dialogs can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.
>>
>> Free productivity applications suit - www.openoffice.org
>> Free Internet calling - www.skype.com
>> Free SQL database Firebird - full support for transaction control,
>> triggers, stored procedures, partial SQL-99 compliance
>> http://www.ibphoenix.com/main.nfs?a=ibphoenix&s=1142758270:704186&page=what_is_interbase

0
Ben
4/28/2006 6:50:18 PM
That is my problem, I don't see it anywhere in Exchange System Manager. The
database is not associated with any of the mail stores (looking at the
database location on the database tab for each store).  I have not used
ADSIEdit, will that show me what it is associated with?

"Nuevo" wrote:

> If you can see the database in the store in Exchange System Manager use
> ADSIEdit to track it down.
>
> Nue
> "Kirill Palagin" <kpalagin@no.phxint.mail.ru> wrote in message
> > Can we see full info from event?
> >
> > Craig wrote:
> >> I have error messages in the log files that references a corrupt database
> >> named  C:\Program Files\exchsrvr\Exchangeserver_Outlook.edb. "Outlook" is
> >> the name of the server. The problem is that this database is not listed
> >> in any of the Mail Stores or Public stores. I want to run the repair
> >> utilities on it, but since I'm not sure what it is used for, I don't know
> >> how I can restore it if the repair goes bad. Does anyone know what this
> >> is used for or how I can determine that myself? BTW, the database always
> >> has a current time stamp, so I assume that it is used by something.
> >>
> > --
> >
> > Text from most Windows dialogs can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.
> >
> > Free productivity applications suit - www.openoffice.org
> > Free Internet calling - www.skype.com
> > Free SQL database Firebird - full support for transaction control,
> > triggers, stored procedures, partial SQL-99 compliance
> > http://www.ibphoenix.com/main.nfs?a=ibphoenix&s=1142758270:704186&page=what_is_interbase

0
Craig1 (222)
4/28/2006 6:56:03 PM
Yes I have Full Text indexing turned on. The "Index Value" (in the System
manager) for all mailstores point to the E: drive, if that helps any.

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:

> Craig,
>
> That doesn't sound like the mail database.
>
> Do you perhaps have Full Text Indexing enabled on your server?
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
> Read my blog!
> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>

> "Craig" <Craig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Here is the error from the event log.
> >
> > ExchangeServer_OUTLOOK (2280) ExchangeServer_OUTLOOK: Database C:\Program
> > Files\Exchsrvr\ExchangeServer_OUTLOOK\ExchangeServer_OUTLOOK.edb: Index
> > indexContentID of table privFE9FFD75_ExchangeServer_OUTLOOK0A is corrupted
> > (0).
> >
> > For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.
> >
> > "Kirill Palagin" wrote:
> >
> >> Can we see full info from event?

> >> --
> >>
> >> Text from most Windows dialogs can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.
> >>
> >> Free productivity applications suit - www.openoffice.org
> >> Free Internet calling - www.skype.com
> >> Free SQL database Firebird - full support for transaction control,
> >> triggers, stored procedures, partial SQL-99 compliance
> >> http://www.ibphoenix.com/main.nfs?a=ibphoenix&s=1142758270:704186&page=what_is_interbase

0
Craig1 (222)
4/28/2006 7:06:02 PM
Thanks for the tip. It must have something to do with indexing. The "Index
Name" on one of the mail stores is privFE9FFD75, which is in the error
message. Will the eseutil.exe tool work on this database? If the repair goes
bad, can I just delete the index for that store without affecting the
mailstore?

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:

> Craig,
>
> That doesn't sound like the mail database.
>
> Do you perhaps have Full Text Indexing enabled on your server?
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
> Read my blog!
> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>

> "Craig" <Craig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Here is the error from the event log.
> >
> > ExchangeServer_OUTLOOK (2280) ExchangeServer_OUTLOOK: Database C:\Program
> > Files\Exchsrvr\ExchangeServer_OUTLOOK\ExchangeServer_OUTLOOK.edb: Index
> > indexContentID of table privFE9FFD75_ExchangeServer_OUTLOOK0A is corrupted
> > (0).
> >
> > For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.
> >
> > "Kirill Palagin" wrote:
> >
> >> Can we see full info from event?

> >> --
> >>
> >> Text from most Windows dialogs can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.
> >>
> >> Free productivity applications suit - www.openoffice.org
> >> Free Internet calling - www.skype.com
> >> Free SQL database Firebird - full support for transaction control,
> >> triggers, stored procedures, partial SQL-99 compliance
> >> http://www.ibphoenix.com/main.nfs?a=ibphoenix&s=1142758270:704186&page=what_is_interbase

0
Craig1 (222)
4/28/2006 9:38:02 PM
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/305171/en-us

Craig wrote:
> Thanks for the tip. It must have something to do with indexing. The "Index
> Name" on one of the mail stores is privFE9FFD75, which is in the error
> message. Will the eseutil.exe tool work on this database? If the repair goes
> bad, can I just delete the index for that store without affecting the
> mailstore?
>
> "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:
>

>> Craig,
>>
>> That doesn't sound like the mail database.
>>
>> Do you perhaps have Full Text Indexing enabled on your server?
>>
>> --
>> Ben Winzenz
>> Exchange MVP
>> MessageOne
>> Read my blog!
>> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
>> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>>

>> "Craig" <Craig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> Here is the error from the event log.
>>>
>>> ExchangeServer_OUTLOOK (2280) ExchangeServer_OUTLOOK: Database C:\Program
>>> Files\Exchsrvr\ExchangeServer_OUTLOOK\ExchangeServer_OUTLOOK.edb: Index
>>> indexContentID of table privFE9FFD75_ExchangeServer_OUTLOOK0A is corrupted
>>> (0).
>>>
>>> For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.

--

Text from most Windows dialogs can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.

Free productivity applications suit - www.openoffice.org
Free Internet calling - www.skype.com
Free SQL database Firebird - full support for transaction control,
triggers, stored procedures, partial SQL-99 compliance
http://www.ibphoenix.com/main.nfs?a=ibphoenix&s=1142758270:704186&page=what_is_interbase
0
kpalagin (1838)

Leopard Upgrade -> File Format Not Valid -> every file is corrupted??? = I am up the creek
Hoping someone has an idea on this one. I recently upgraded a clients small network (4 comps) to OS X 10.5 The machines were a mix of 10.3 and 10.2 machines. I cloned all machines to ext hard drives and did an erase and install of Leopard on each. While there were certainly a few issues around the upgrade, mostly everything went fine...then the client tried to open his excel files, consisting of client databases and other essential information. No bueno. The excel files were stripped of their extensions at some point and finder calls them "unix executable files." Excel will not...

full path of excel file
how to show the full path of excel file in the foot of page while printing? excel 2K only gives me the option for the name of the file not the full path. Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With activepage.PageSetup .LeftFooter = ThisWorkbook.FullName End With End Sub 'This is workbook event code. 'To input this code, right click on the Excel icon on the worksheet '(or next to the File menu if you maximise your workbooks), 'select View Code from the menu, and paste the code -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing dire...

Compacting Personal Folders File with OL2003
I have worked many years with MS Outlook in various versions starting with Outlook98. My Personal Folders file is now almost 2 Gb in size so I decided to restructure it by creating a new OL2003 type personal folders fileand move a large number of emails into this new archive file. After doing this it has reached a size of 900+ Mb, but the mailbox.pst file has not reduced its size in any noticeable way, maybe 1% or so. So I opened the data file management menu item and selected the old pst file and chose Compact. It starts a dialogue that says "Compacting" with a Cancel button but no...

POS Inegration with Flat Files
Hi, Can any one assist me with the following: I have a customer who runs a seperate dispensary system in a Pharmacy that still runs on COBOL which at this stage they have to retain. They capture the doctors perscriptions on this system, however they want to use RMS for the rest of the business as well as have the ability to bring up a perscription and process it without recapturing the details. The full details of the perscription is kept in a flat file on the Unix server that I can access. How do I bring the transaction into RMS? -- Cliff Lamberton DART Technologies SOUTH AFRICA C...

US Data File in UK Money
If I have Money data in a US-verion (2004) data file, and then buy the latest UK version will I be able to open my old US-version data file in it? If not, will the data export and import from one to the other as I don't want to have to re-input hundreds of items. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, "Keith" <@.> wrote: >If I have Money data in a US-verion (2004) data file, and then buy the >latest UK version will I be able to open my old US-version data file in it? > >If not, will the data export and import from one to the other as I don't >want t...

File name extension
Would anyone know how to reference a particular tab name at the end of a file extension. e.g. file name = workbook 1 worksheet name = tab 1 (in workbook 1) therefore C:\worbook 1\tab 1.xls or something of that nature. Sleepy, In VBA it would be Workbooks("workbook 1.xls").Worksheets("tab 1") In a formula, if workbook 1 is open, and you want to reference the value in cell A1: ='[workbook 1.xls]tab 1'!$A$1 if workbook 1 is closed: ='C:\Foldername\[workbook 1.xls]tab 1'!$A$1 HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Sleepy" <johnnyyakoo@yahoo.ca> ...

Errors in .pst file
I experienced the dreaded blue screen. After the computer re-started I could not open my Outloook, and received the error message, "Errors have been detected the the Outlook.pst file.l It further instructed me to use the Inbox repair tool (Scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file. I ran Scanpst.exe and it detects errors but freezes up when the 'repair' button is clicked. No repairs result. I found the Scanpst.exe in Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 12. I am running Office 2007 Operating Sytem is XP Service Pack 2 (maybe 3) Is there somewhere I ...

Can Excel 2007 open a numbers file?
Just wondering if there's an add-in that will let Excel open a numbers file, thanks. What is a numbers file? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 15:17:01 -0800, fnight <fnight@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Just wondering if there's an add-in that will let Excel open a numbers file, >thanks. fnight - If you're referring to Numbers, part of iWork for Mac computers, I am not aware of such an add-in. The usual workaround is to use Numbers to save the file in a format that Excel can open. The web page http://www.apple.com/iw...

Saving Visio files as JPG files?
I am currently working on a network documentation project and have succesfully saved single page files a JPG files. One documented region of the network is a large file with multiple pages of information in one file. I have tried to copy each page one by one to Word,JPG or PDF. When I try this there is nothing displayed. I am wondering why the single page visio files will perfom this transition where the multi-page files will not even when copied out a page at a time. Does anybody know if there is a known issue or workaround for this. TW, Exporting as EMF usually creates smaller file sizes i...

Recovering old versions of saved files
Is it possible to recover an old version of an Excel file after saving it without changing the file name? Autorecover is on. Thanks for any help! "=?Utf-8?B?U3B5ZGVy?=" wrote... >Is it possible to recover an old version of an Excel file after saving it >without changing the file name? Autorecover is on. No. That's what backups are for. Now you know why you need backups. -- To top-post is human, to bottom-post and snip is sublime. "Spyder" <Spyder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote... >Ok, thanks. I am fully aware of the importance of backups; howeve...

Preinstallation of INF File
Hello When an unknown USB device is plugged in, Windows 7 doesn't ask the user for a driver disk. But this was the way we recommended for our users on Windows XP. So I think on Windows 7 I need something like a setup.exe that preinstalls the driver INF file before the user plugs in the device. What is the easiest way to preinstall a USB driver on Windows 7? Do I have to write my own setup program and call some magic API functions? Or can I in some way use the Microsoft Installer? Any help appreciated. TIA -- Michael Reim Michael DOT Reim AT helmut-fischer DOT d...

Insert date into file import
I have a database that imports a .csv file generated by anotherprogram. Unfortunately this program doesn't include a date in eachrecord in the .csv file.I can import the .csv file into my table alright, but I need to attach/insert a date (which I can get via VB code) into each importedrecord. Any ideas?At the moment I'm using the Docmd.TransferText command. have you tried importing the data, then running an Update query on thetable, to add a date to each record?hth<b_lwalker@hotmail.com> wrote in messagenews:1174264665.772034.212550@n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...> I have a ...

How to merge 10 files in one step?
Hi Everyone I would like to check is it possible to merge 10 files with the same format together with one step or less steps when compared to opening up 10 files and then copy and paste? I would really appreciate any help given... Cheers ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements There is no way built into Excel to do a merge other than copy/paste. (Well, there is th...

Recover previous version of a file? #2
I sorted a portion of an Excel file to print it and found that the whole file had been sorted so columns don't match part way through. It was shut down and restarted. Any way to re-organize to the original format? help please! Anyone out there ? Can you help? thanks >-----Original Message----- >I sorted a portion of an Excel file to print it and found >that the whole file had been sorted so columns don't >match part way through. It was shut down and restarted. >Any way to re-organize to the original format? help >please! >. > 15 minutes isn't ...

passing file name
hye..how to pass the file name that have been read in this function to another function?here's my openfile code.. void CPIDDlg::OnFileOpen() { this->UpdateData(); CFile f; char DataFile[] = { "NUM Files (*.num)|*.num||" }; CFileDialog FileDlg(TRUE,".num",NULL,0,DataFile); if( FileDlg.DoModal() == IDOK) { CString File = FileDlg.GetFileName(); if(f.Open(FileDlg.GetFileName(), CFile::modeRead) == FALSE ) { InitPidDisplay(File); return; } else f.Close(); if (!InitPidDisplay(File)) AfxMessageBox("Failed to load data"); els...

Assembling Visual Studio generated listing files
I need to modify and assemble the assmelber listing files generated from the VS 2005 IDE. A test generated listing file did not assmeble 'as is'. Has any tried this? It seems to me the listing file should assemble. I hope there is some sane reason that would explain the need to do this. Shades of running 'sed' scripts on the output of the PDP-11 C compiler to create the Unix kernel! Since you do not explain what is meant by "did not assemble" it is hard to guess where the problem is. joe On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 10:50:57 -0800 (PST), TahoeKid <rfdunn@hotmail.c...

Publisher won't open file
I am having serious issues with Publisher XP/2002 Creating a simple 2 page file, after closing Publisher refuses to open the file at all, to the point of crashing the application. Deciding not to create the file for a 3rd time and loosing it, i decided that after every change i would save a new copy of the file. All I have done is just added images when it stops working. it doesn't even have to be the same image. at any random point it will just stop working. Help please! Do you have the service packs? Description of Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 3 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/83...

How do I change default file locations in Publisher 2007?
any answers gratefully received! You can't. You can put a folder into My Places, when you save a Publisher document, click on that folder. It is an extra step, the developers forgot to include a default path option. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jake" <Jake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80F4F34D-FF54-400F-81BE-6388FFA564A4@microsoft.com... > any answers gratefully received! Thanks Mary. LEt's hope it will be added in the future! Best JAke "Mary Sauer"...

I have some publisher files from Publisher version '03 that will not load in Publisher '07. I have tried to double click them or using the open file optioin, but they just sit there not loading? When I re-start Publisher, they show up on the right side as "recent publications", but if I try to load them from there, the program again just sits there untill I stoop and re-load Publisher. I need to re-load these Training Certificates to publish new ones for an upcoming class. What am I missing????? Did you install the service pack 2? If you did you may have to install the...

Unwanted ToolBar from Downloaded File
Please Help! I downloaded an Excel workbook which had a custom toolbar. Now whenever I open an Excel workbook (blank or previously saved), the tool bar is visible and it's accompanying VBA code can be viewed in the VBA Editor. Unclicking this tool bar will shut it off for the immediate session, but when the next excel file is opened, THERE IT IS AGAIN! How do I get rid of it? Open the VB Editor and look in This Workbook for Application.Toolbars ("YourToolbar").Visible=True Change the True to False -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays &q...

Search/Extract Data w/in Text File
Hello again! I am searching within a text file for the last row within the file. After I locate the row I need to separate the data and place into multiple cells on my worksheet. The code I have is as follows: Dim TextPath As String Dim DelimSrchChar As String Dim METtime As String Dim DataBuffer As Variant Dim NCData As Variant Dim DelimPos As Integer '=============================================== DelimSrchChar = "," TextPath = "C:\Temp\Formatted_NC_SN1008.txt" Open TextPath For Input As #1 'open text file for SN1008 Do While Not EOF(1) ...

One file in Excel will not open.
Can anyone offer help on this one? We have a user running Excel 2000 and there is one spreadsheet that is just over 3MB that he cannot open. If we try from another machine, the file opens no problem, but on his machine it will not. It appears to load the first worksheet, but the mouse stays in an hourglass and he cannot edit it. Eventually he has to CTRL+ALT+DEL out of the program. The odd thing is, he can open any other Excel sheet, even larger ones, without a problem! Can anyone give a suggestion? I have tried Excel in safe mode, I have tried an older version of the file that u...

Is this realistic? Vista on HD and apps files etc. on another?
I want your opinion. I need to reformat and reinstall vista. A friend who insists he is an expert told me to partition HD and put the vista operating system on one drive and install and have everything else on another drive. The reason he said is if I need to reinstall vista I do not have to reinstall everything else like I am doing now. I am skeptical. (Definitely do not want this guy touching my computer.) Questions: 1. Assume I figure out and do this install configuration correctly. Can I actually reinstall Vista later if needed without causing trouble with my apps on t...

create .tmp files when saving
Am having a problem with several of my dell machines running window xp professional and office xp pro. when users open an excel file, make a change and save it, then go back in the file, many times it says the file can be open in read only because the file is in use. it then creates a copy of the file using the .tmp as an extension. Why is this happening so frequently. any help would be appreicated. collin Hi Collin Try this first Reboot first and then Delete all the files and subfolders in your \Windows\Temp directory (Win95/98/ME), or your \Documents and Settings\<user>\loc...

How to: Open *.MSG File from Hard Drive via Code
I need to : Open *.MSG File from Hard Drive via Code and extract the file attachment. I have hundreds of these emails that we need the attachments extracted from. But the .msg files are on a hard drive. Someone help me out here.... I need the code to open and access the mailitem.... how do I open a .msg file? Use the CreateItemFromTemplate() method for that. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007. Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options. http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "B...