Uninstall SP1 to fix RPC latency problems?

After installing SP1 I've had major latency issues.  It shows in the
performance counters.  I know it's specific to SP1 because it's the only
change, and I even totally disabled all my A/V products.  No better.

Can SP1 be removed?  Has anyone done it with success?

Or better yet, does anyone know how I fix these horrible SP1 caused RPC
issues.

0
ask6924 (19)

I'm not experiencing any SP1 caused RC issues, so not sure how one
would fix them.... How are you determining there are latency issues?
Have you followed the steps described here?
http://blogs.msdn.com/gerod_serafin/archive/2004/03/04/83982.aspx

In the last exciting episode, "Evan Mann" <ask@for.it> wrote:

>After installing SP1 I've had major latency issues.  It shows in the
>performance counters.  I know it's specific to SP1 because it's the only
>change, and I even totally disabled all my A/V products.  No better.
>
>Can SP1 be removed?  Has anyone done it with success?
>
>Or better yet, does anyone know how I fix these horrible SP1 caused RPC
>issues.

I followed an MS KB article on troubleshooting Outlook latency issues and
monitored RPC levels and other things.  The RPC latency gets above the
average recommended, it it's evident in how frequently all Outlook clients
get the "requesting data from exchange server" popup.  It's even a problem
when there is pretty much no one except me in Outlook.

I'll try this below, but where in the Eventlogs do I see this information
once I enable this option?

"Chris Scharff [MVP]" <puevf_fpuness@znvy-erfbheprf.pbz> wrote in message
> I'm not experiencing any SP1 caused RC issues, so not sure how one
> would fix them.... How are you determining there are latency issues?
> Have you followed the steps described here?
> http://blogs.msdn.com/gerod_serafin/archive/2004/03/04/83982.aspx
>
> In the last exciting episode, "Evan Mann" <ask@for.it> wrote:
>
> >After installing SP1 I've had major latency issues.  It shows in the
> >performance counters.  I know it's specific to SP1 because it's the only
> >change, and I even totally disabled all my A/V products.  No better.
> >
> >Can SP1 be removed?  Has anyone done it with success?
> >
> >Or better yet, does anyone know how I fix these horrible SP1 caused RPC
> >issues.

0
ask6924 (19)
8/15/2004 10:50:50 PM
In the last exciting episode, "Evan Mann" <ask@for.it> wrote:

>I'll try this below, but where in the Eventlogs do I see this information
>once I enable this option?

Application event logs IIRC

Problems with page break view
Hi all, I have recently started having problems with page break view in Excel. Basically, I am suddenly unable to move the print borders in this view. The only reason I can imagine for this is that I recently installed the Essbase plug-in for Excel. The problem seemed to surface right after that. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am really frustrated@!! Thanks, Lia ...

rpc over http #35
I've setu rpc over http on single server sbs 2003. If I setup a laptop at work, connecting it to the domain and then setup the exchange profile to use the proxy server. when I'm out of the office I can connect to exchange without any problem. But if I take a different laptop or other computer and I try to connect to my exchange server over the internet from outside of the office I can not connect. I should be able to use any computer anywhere as long as I setup the profile correctly. it shouldn't depend on the username profile of the computer I'm logged onto. When ...

Can I install MS Exchange server 2003 SP1 for Win XP?
I am trying to install Microsoft Dynamics in Win xp, it gives an error saying MS Exchange server 2003 SP1 has to be istalle first Can I go ahead and install SP1 for win XP ( THIS IS AN OFFLINE INSTALLTION RIGHT NOW I am not using Exchange server to get my Email) Let me know how to install the same and teh precaution I have to take Most of the errors expected are given for WIN 200 SERVER & 2003 SERVER IN TECHNET HENCE THIS QUESTION TO TYE COMMUNITY Regards Harish Sorry - not even a hint of an Outlook related question. Try a forum for = Microsoft Dynamics. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP ...

Uninstall instant Messenger for Exchange 2000
I'm trying to uninstall instant Messenger for Exchange 2000 so I can upgrade to Exchange 2003 and receive the following error when uninstalling. Setup failed while Removing registry entries for Instant Messaging Service (error 0xC1037986: Cannot find the file.) . Additional information: Processing file 'e:\setup\i386\exchange\im.uns', at or near line 0 () Cannot find the file. ID no: c1037986 Microsoft Exchange Setup Registry file name: 'e:\setup\i386\exchange\im.uns' Filename = '%sourcedir%\im' Service = '' mode = 'Remove' (61954) Setu...

H&S to Business install problem
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel A Mac I am working on had Office 2008 H&amp;S. I tried to install the upgrade edition of 08 Business edition which did not work. I then purchased the full Business edition and removed the current version and the .plist files as explained in the entourage.mvps site. I installed the full Business edition from a downloaded .dmg file and installed it from the provided key from the purchase page. After the install of that it shows this error when launch any of the office apps: &quot;This software is an upgrade to ...

MS Office has encountered a problem . . .
I must have done something to a form or its code. Seemingly all of a sudden when I close my db I get the above message. I've run into this message a while back and decompiled successfully solving that issue. This time I cannot get past it. It appears the db is working fine up until closing when the error occurs -- and it occurs only if I have opened a specific form that has subforms. (Yes, they are linked properly.) If I don't open that form the db closes properly. When the error occurs I check my tables and all my work has been saved. Seems not a problem -- but...big but. ...

DataSource sp problem
I am troubleshooting a SQLDataSource tied to a stored procedure to return records in a GridView. The stored procedure is setup to return matches on either a SSN or a name. When I enter a name I get results, but when I enter a SSN it returns nothing. Below are the 2 parameters linked to the 2 TextBox controls. When I run the stored procedure from SSMS, and enter only the SSN I get results back fine. The stored proc requires a NULL in the name if the SSN is entered. Can anyone help on this? Thanks. David <asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlPeopleSearch" runat="se...

Problems closing Windows Mail
When I try to close WM I get a box saying that WM has stopped working and Windows is looking for a solution. It then restarts and it is suggested I go to check for updates. I don't need to as I keep my computer up to date with all available updates but I did anyway and no updates were availoable. I have scanned for viruses etc but computer is clear. Could WM have become corrupted in some way? How can I solve this? Cannot find a download for WM itself, only Windows Live Mail but I would rather not go down that road. No improvements or updates for Windows Mail have been release...

Uninstall first Exchange 2000 server
Hi, I've now got my new Exchange 2003 server working well and want to remove the old Exchange 2000 server. There are 4 mailboxes left on the old server. SMTP, System Attendant, SystemMailbox and one disconnected User mailbox left over from a crash we had some years ago. This User has a working Mailbox on the new server but also this disconnected one on the old server. When I go to uninstall Exchange, I get a warning about mailboxes still on the server and the Remove option is not available. I'm guessing it relates to this one mailbox rather than the other three, because our new...

Web query time out problem
Hi, I have a workbook with around 350 sheets each with a web query in. If try to update all, about a half of the sheets will successfully updat before the message 'www..... The access to this internet site ha exceeded the allotted time'. Can anyone suggest a workaround? For example would it be possible t update the web queries in batches of 100? Thanks, Berti -- claytor ----------------------------------------------------------------------- claytorm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1161 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/show...

installed SP2 w/o uninstalling IMFv1
In my hurry to install SP2, I didn't uninstall IMF as was documented... is there any problem that will occur if i do the uninstall of IMF now? It's (IMF) is still listed in the "add/remove programs"... thanks rgds, - ron As is IMF won't work. Uninstall IMFv1 and re-apply SP2 is the only way to get IMF. cheers, Alexander Zammit Software Development Consultant ExchangeInbox.com MS Exchange resource site http://www.exchangeinbox.com/ "Ronnie Corny" <ronniecorny@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OjH$qRG$FHA.1600@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > In my h...

Problem tracking my spending
I've created a category that Money tracks my spending in and for some reason, there are a couple of items that it fails to include in the transaction list, therefore, in the thermometer, it's showing that I have more money left for that category than I actually do. I've rechecked and made sure that I've categorized the items correctly, and I have. When I click the Options tab at the bottom of my register and then click to go to this category page, the item is indeed listed on the category page. But it's not listed on the category thermometer at the bottom of the r...

Internet Explorer 6.0 Sp1 Component Update 3.0 for Windows 98
For those of you that want to use various Win-2K updates from Microsoft and apply them to your Win-98 system, this update package has been designed to bring together all those various updates and install them automatically. MD InternetExplorer 6.0sp1 Component Update 3.0 *Windows Script Update 5.6 *971961 - Unofficial JScript Security Update *944338 - Unofficial Windows Script Security Update *973354 - Unofficial Outloook Express Cumulative Security Update *976325 - Unofficial Internet Explorer Cumulative Security Update (with uninstall) *905495 - Unofficial Security Update (MSI...

problems with Window.print()
Hello, We have a problem where the Window.print() command does not work from custom forms that are hosted from the isv.config file,After clicking the print button on the print dialog box, it displays the print icon on the internet explorer status bar, but does not send the output to the printer. Any ideas? ...

Changing Text to Number Problem.
I have a problem when importing information into an Excel spreadsheet. We have a system at work that has a front end Web based application (asp) that accesses an SQL database. Not all of the software is written yet, so to sort/filter data I have to copy lists of information from the Web based application to an Excel spreadsheet. Much of the information that I import (copy and paste) into the spreadsheet are hyperlinks to other information in the SQL database. To get rid of the hyperlinks once I have the list copied to my spreadsheet, I (copy and paste special, values only) the information on...

Reconciliation problem
Does anyone know how to "unreconcile" an account once it has been reconciled? I need to go back a couple of months on a particular account to rebalance it and don't want to lose all the subsequent information I have entered in for other accounts. I realize I could just restore my Money file from an earlier date, but then I would lose all the data that I entered into other accounts subsequent to the month in question. Mark all the transactions you wish to un-reconcile as un-reconciled? (R-click menu or Ctrl+Shift+M. Use the Show all transactions all dates register view.)...

Macro problem
Hi, I have a spreadsheet for keeping track of my golf scores. The spreadsheet uses a macro for copying the scores to a database sheet and to a statistics sheet. When running this macro the process fails on the statistics sheet. It involves copying 2 matrices from the scorecard sheet to the statistics sheet. If I uninstall the security updates for Excel 2007 in Windows 7 the spreadsheet works like a charm. I usually just removes all excel updates and unchecks updates for excel in Windows Update. However, now I have this update, that keeps installing itself after a reboot (KB982308). I ...

Problem Opening Certain Emails
I'm having this problem. When I try to open a certain email I receive the following error: This object was created in Outlook. This application is not available to open this object. Make sure the application is properly installed and that it has not been deleted, moved, or renamed. I Tried repairing office and applying a hotfix that Microsoft says it would solve it, but didn't work. If I try saving the email locally, I still get the above error when trying to open the file. But if you forward or save the email to another machine it opens fine. has anyone seen this probl...

Outlook calendar printing problem
I am running Outlook 2003 on Win98 and I cannot get a weekly calendar to print starting on Sunday. I have gone to Tools->Options->Calendar Options, selected all days of the week and selected Sunday as the first day of the week. In the weekly style print setup I select left to right for arrangement and yet the printout still starts the week on Monday. If I change the first day of the week to any other day in the options menu the weekly calendar prints starting with that day of the week. For example, if I select Wednesday as the first day of the week, the printed weekly calendar sta...

cell formatting problems
I installed Office 2000 onto my desktop before I reformatted the hard drive and everything worked fine. I reformatted and then got a laptop. For some reason certain functions are now refusing to work. Funtions such as: formatting individual cells and colouring individual cells (or lines). I can't change any of the cells properties...the window doesn't come up at all when I do Ctrl+1. Also, when I try to colourize some cells...nothing happens. Please, please help me. I have uninstalled and then reinstalled with no resolution to the problem. I've tried installing different fea...

smtp address generation problem
I have installed a new exchange 2003 in a sbs2003. I create my company's domain in receiptant policy in exchange 2003 system manager. Then it generate all the email address for all the existing user. Later, I create a new user and want to add a smtp address as company@company.com. It shows an error that it is already exist and cannot be created. Then I check the email address of all the users in AD users & computers. No one user this smtp address. Then I try to send an email to that address(company@company.com). I found it goes to administrator's email account. However, in t...

Problem with Linked Excel Objects in Word
I have a Word document linked to several Excel tables. Since upgrading from Office 2003 to 2007, I have run into the following problem: When a user tries to open the Word doc while another user has the Excel files open, the Word user is notified, in Excel, that the Excel files are open and is prompted to select "Read Only", "Notify", or "Cancel" for each link in the document. I would expect this if I were updating links, there is no prompting to update the links prior to Excel attempting to open the files. Here are the steps I have tried, wit...

Open File: Sorting of folders problem
Hi, I am having a problem when I go into File | Open within Excel 2002 and the folders don't appear to be sorted in any particular order. If I go into Word, Powerpoint, or Outlook then the folders show up in alphabetical order. I have Office 97 plus the upgrade for Excel 2002 installed on my win2k system. I have also installed all the updates to Excel 2002. Any suggestions? Thanks. Best Regards, Jim Reisz Don't trust what's displayed. When you're showing the details, you can click on the header (name, size, modified, etc) and sort it. (and click on it again and sort ...

excel 2003 printing problem #2
After upgrading several PC 's to Office 2003 we are having a printing problem in Excel. The user will print several print outs and all of a sudden they can no longer print. So far the only fix has been to change to a different printer or reinstall the printer. Then they will be able to print a few more sheets before it stops again. This is only happening in Excel. Word will print fine all day long with no problems. All the printer drivers have been updated. Has anyone else experinced this issue or know of a solution? The Os are XP,and Windows 2000 Pro versions. The previous Office w...

Parameter Problem 03-14-08
I want to change the value in a txt box (or combo box) & then after update, populate a tree list control based on the value. It gets hung up when the rstCategory opens using the SQL. Here is the code: Public Sub PopulateTree() Dim rstCategory As New ADODB.recordset, rstComponent As New ADODB.recordset Dim rstSubComponent As New ADODB.recordset Dim tvwTree As Object Dim nodX As Node Dim I As Integer Dim blnAllRecs As Boolean Dim SQL As String Set tvwTree = Me.tvwItems 'Renumber all items RenumberItems 'Clear out all current items tvwTree.N...