Undeliverable Mail

            <server name #5.7.1 smtp;554 5.7.1 The server sending your mail [207.13.101.242] does not have a reverse DNS entry. Connection Rejected. Please contact your Dial-Up/DSL/Network ISP Provider.>

I get this message when sending an email.  What exactly does this mean and how do i fix it?

0
anonymous (74722)

Whoever hosts your public DNS for the domain needs to setup a PTR record in
the reverse lookup for your mail server.

--
Hope that helps,
Dan Townsend

"CRG" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
contact your system administrator.
>             <server name #5.7.1 smtp;554 5.7.1 The server sending your
mail [207.13.101.242] does not have a reverse DNS entry. Connection
Rejected. Please contact your Dial-Up/DSL/Network ISP Provider.>

> I get this message when sending an email.  What exactly does this mean and
how do i fix it?

0
dtown (976)
1/31/2004 1:50:21 AM
=?Utf-8?B?Q1JH?= wrote:
> assistance, contact your system administrator.
> <server name #5.7.1 smtp;554 5.7.1 The server sending your mai
> [207.13.101.242] does not have a reverse DNS entry. Connectio
> Rejected. Please contact your Dial-Up/DSL/Network ISP Provider.>
>

> I get this message when sending an email.  What exactly does thi
> mean and how do i fix it? *

I'm having the same issue, does anyone know what this is.  I don't se
anything wrong with my DNS setup.  HEL

Unregistered

=?Utf-8?B?Q1JH?= wrote:
> assistance, contact your system administrator.
> <server name #5.7.1 smtp;554 5.7.1 The server sending your mai
> [207.13.101.242] does not have a reverse DNS entry. Connectio
> Rejected. Please contact your Dial-Up/DSL/Network ISP Provider.>
>

> I get this message when sending an email.  What exactly does thi
> mean and how do i fix it?

Unregistered

The Recipient's email server has a SPAM control that filters out SPAM.  Most
SPAM software have different criteria for specifying whether or not an email
message is SPMA.  One way is to check on the reverse DNS.  If the ISP does
not have a reverse DNS entry for that mail server, then the SPAM software on
the recipient server will blcok the email.
You or the IT department who administers the network should contact the ISP
to include a reverse DNS entry for the email server.

I hope this will help.

"Unregistered" <Guest.11gp8z@mail.webservertalk.com> wrote in message

> =?Utf-8?B?Q1JH?= wrote:
> > assistance, contact your system administrator.
> > <server name #5.7.1 smtp;554 5.7.1 The server sending your mail
> > [207.13.101.242] does not have a reverse DNS entry. Connection
> > Rejected. Please contact your Dial-Up/DSL/Network ISP Provider.>
> >

> > I get this message when sending an email.  What exactly does this
> > mean and how do i fix it? *
>

> I'm having the same issue, does anyone know what this is.  I don't see
> anything wrong with my DNS setup.  HELP
>

> Unregistered -

walid1 (2)

Spam mail coming from my own Email address
Recently, I have been getting Spam E mail as if it were being sent by myself. I have set up rules that get rid of most of the junk, but have also set a rule to not block mail from personal contacts including my own address. With that rule, somehow I am getting spam mail as if i sent it to myself. Anyone know whats causing this and the cure?? (I had an earlier reply to this question questioning why I would send an E mail to myself. If that person read this again, it simple. I use my Email both at work and at home and very often will forward material to myself so I can retrieve i...

Outlook 2003 & POP3/SMPT Mail Servers
Hi...I can't get my Outlook 2003 to connect to my Network Solutions e-mail account. I was receiving e-mail just fine before on Outlook Express, but ever since I bought a new laptop running XP and upgraded to Office for Small Businesses, I can't get it to check for e-mail. All of my settings are the same. I wasn't able to send mail before because my ISP is AOL, but I at least would receive my e-mail. When I test my e-mail settings, Outlook 2003 goes through everything fine except for the send test e-mail step. Could this be a Firewall issue? HELP!!! What error do you ...

Do I need Publisher installed to read/edit articles in an e-mail?
I will be receiving e-mails with attachments containing Publisher2002 created articles. Do I need to have Publisher 2002 or later editions in order to read and edit these e-mail articles? On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 22:20:03 +0000, quilter512 wrote (in article <E5DAA762-0ABA-49C2-8DDB-9A0D05162496@microsoft.com>): > I will be receiving e-mails with attachments containing Publisher2002 created > articles. Do I need to have Publisher 2002 or later editions in order to > read and edit these e-mail articles? You can answer your own question by STFW. You not heard of Google Grou...

How do I delete outbox e-mails that aren't sent.
I can not remove an e-mail that did not successfully send. It slows all my outgoing e-mails. Any ideas would be great. http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "jwinn" wrote: > I can not remove an e-mail that did not successfully send. It slows all my > outgoing e-mails. Any ideas would be great. ...

how can I use my e-mail addresses on excel xp with microsoft outlo
I need to use my addresses on Excel xp with Microsoft outlook. I want to use my excel file as a database that I can change and improve everyday. I need to send mails to more than 1 contact, so creating an e.mail link is not enough for me: in fact, if I click on it, I send my mail only to 1 address... Txs See http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Cat" <Cat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7A9A930-6846-4071-8714-ED9CC50CD79F@microsoft.com... > > I need to use my addresses on E...

Undeliverable: Relaying not permitted to....
Using our office network, one of our computers with Outlook 2002 will bounce back attempted 'Reply' or 'Forward To' emails that have first been received from computers using Outlook 2000. When trying to send, from the System Administrator we get "Undeliverable: Relaying not permitted to". Emails from the outside or from other XP computers in the office are able to be replyed to normally. Any ideas? On 10/21/2003 7:19 PM, Curt wrote: > Using our office network, one of our computers with > Outlook 2002 will bounce back attempted 'Reply' Y...

In Outlook 2k w/Word as editor, e-mail style fails
I use Word as the editor under Outlook. When Word is open, the style box shows my name as a defined style for the text of a note. I have modified this style and applied it repeatly, but it will not "take." In my case, I'm stuck in 10-point type with a wide line length that make it very hard for me to read. Advice? Thanks. ...

Deleting/Moving E-Mail Messages
Hi, My company is currently useing MS Office XP, 2000, and 97 (most people are using 97). When some users try to delete or move messages in Outlook (it does not matter which release) they receive a message that it can't be done. I think it may be because they have many messages on the Exchange Server and their account is very large, but I'm not sure. Does anyone have any information on how to correct this problem? Users are having a difficult time deleting messages or moving them into another folder. Thanks for any help you can give. ...

bad mail #3
We regularly have email sent to us where the recipients name is incorrectly spelt causing the mail to get bounced. Is their a way within exchange 2003 that these email or others that contain our @domain.com be delivered to a bad mail account so we can manually filter what’s needed or not. Thanks David On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 02:05:02 -0800, Daveed <Daveed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We regularly have email sent to us where the recipients name is incorrectly >spelt causing the mail to get bounced. >Is their a way within exchange 2003 that these email or others that contain &...

incoming mail #2
when I receive mail some of my messages go to my deleted items folder. Can someone help me with this Sounds like you have a rule running. Maybe a junk list filter? >-----Original Message----- >when I receive mail some of my messages go to my deleted >items folder. Can someone help me with this >. > ...

Windows Mail
When I try and send mail using windows mail (vista) I get this message I contacted comcast changes all ports etc and no luck. Also when I used to use outlook express and when to file I could change the identity there. I can't seen to find out how and both my email and wifes is going to the same inbox I hope someone has a suggestion. thanks Arthur The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and re...

How do I set up a URL address to send and recieve e mail?
I'm using Outlook 2003. How can I set Outlook up to send and recieve e mail from Microsoft Web Access? It has a https URL. -- Thank You James P Murphy Outlook's WebDav (HTTP) protocol doesn't support HTTPS urls. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2005/20050322.htm -- "J Murphy" <JMurphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D0201CB-113B-44C6-946B-206C3AAF069D@microsoft.com... > I'm using Outlook 2003. How can I set Outlook up to send and recieve e > mail > from Microsoft Web Access? It has a https URL. > -- > Thank You...

Backgrond color missing in e mails
When I put a background color in my e mails, it is missing when the recipiant receives it. It is always white no matter what color I use. Thanks, mj Does the recipient have HTML capable mail client? Are you on Exchange server? Is the server set to strip formatting? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, MJ asked: | When I put a background color in my e ...

Configuring e-mail accounts
how can I configure an Outlook account to open my yahoo mail? details needed thanks Ahmed Mostafa wrote: || how can I configure an Outlook account to open my yahoo mail? || || details needed || || thanks Have you asked Yahoo? Do you have a paid-for Yahoo account (unless you are in the UK and one or two other places) -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk ...

Office Picture Manager e-mail option greyed out
Hello, Using the Office Picture Manager, I select a picture, then select e-mail pictures. Within this pop up on the right hand side, i am supposed to be able to Attach, Display as previewed, and then create message. Only thing is all of the selections are grayed out and nothing can be selected. Questions are, Is Picture Manager hard coded to use Outlook or Outlook Express only? Are there any registry settings which might be massaged to point to another e-mail program? Thanks ...

Problem Sending e-mails #2
People to whom I've sent e-mails recently haven't had them. When I check the settings & use the test account setting button I get a message stating"......unable to send test message. Please verify E-mail address field" I have checked the fields and they are all in order. Wondering if this could be a sever problem I sent a test message using Thunderbird & it was received ok. Any suggestions please? Henry ...

Using Mail Merge with Criteria in a Access query
Hi; In access 2000-2003 it was possible to use the Mail Merge function in Word to access a query that has criteria required for input. You can select the Word document and then the database is opened and the criteria box is opened for input (Enter Parameter Value). This then produces the data for the letters. It used a DDE connection between Word and Access. In Office 2007 the mail merge help document says to go to the Access database and select the query and lists how to link to an existing or new letter. The DDE connection is listed but does not attach to the query? It alway...

Deleted Items are not deleted from mail server
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C8C31A.6669E0C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Outlook 2007 XP Pro SP2 ISP: Comcast =20 Problem: Deleted Items are not deleted from mail server =20 I have checked Remove from server when deleted from 'Deleted Items' =20 When I use Empty Deleted Items Folder, nothing is deleted from the Comast server. =20 Does this feature work with Comcast mail servers? Thanks ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C8C31A.6669E0C0 Content-Type: text/html; ...

Windows Live Mail #2
Ok, I've been a happy user of Outlook 2000 for a long time, but have liked what I see so far of the Vista version of Windows Mail. There is a similar version for XP called Windows Live Mail which looks the same. This may be OT, but as I am an Outlook user, maybe asking here may be helpful. My favorite features of Outlook are Rules, Calendar and Tasks. Are these features available for Live Mail or is there a plug-in? If not, I am happy with Outlook. Thanks. -- marx404 _________________ "marx404" in <news:g497t3$1sl$1@registered.motzarella.org> wrote: > Ok, I...

I want to allow mail forwarding for another domain
I have a user setup in AD with mail forwarding to an external contact/email. Only the users added to the "Accept messages from" are able to send mail using my smtp connector, so when an internal user sends mail, it forwards properly. When an external domain sends mail to this user, it does not forward. I cannot add a @domain.com to the list of Accept messages from. I tried adding the domain to the recipient policy but it doesn't work. Any help appreciated. Gruen What you're observing is by design because external mail isn't authenticated. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Excha...

how do i get e-mail on to outlook from my ntl account
I can get my e-mail from my ntl broadband connection but when i go to outlook send/receive the e-mail is not coming out.Are my settings wrong can anybody talk me through setting up so i can work in outlook2000.Thanks,Brendan If you use outlook express import the account setting into outlook. If not see ntl help for details of the settings, and how to set up "Brendans Inn" <Brendans Inn @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89A0CF84-BDB6-45F3-983A-C31CCDC23B42@microsoft.com... > I can get my e-mail from my ntl broadband connection but when i go to outlook >...

Can't get mail merge to work
I have been trying to send email to a small list. I have put all members of the list into a new contact folder. I prepared a WORD document and followed all the directions starting with the "mail merge" command in the contact folder. I specify all contact fields and then specify the WORD document. I enter document type "form letters" and Merge to Email. I enter a title and click "ok". The WORD document then appears with a yellow dialog box on the left. I click "merge now". I then get a "merge" window and say Merge to "Electonic mail"...

Move mail
I had to reinstall windows and my outlook won't start i am going to have to reinstall it. Is there anyway to save certain files in microsoft office that I can move over so as not to loose my saved mail and my address book? Hi Bob, Which version of Outlook are you using? If you are using Outlook you can save all of your emails, contacts, etc. to a PST to do the move. However if you are using Outlook Express you will want to look at the following article: 257499 OLEXP: How to Move Mail Folders Between Two Computers that Are Running http://support.microsoft.com/?id=257499 HTH Regards...

Importing Netscape 4.7 mail
Does anyone know of a way to import mail from Netscape 4.7 to Outlook 2003 or Outlook Express. The only import options I see are for Eudora and other Microsoft products. TIA OE should have the option to import from 4.7 - try the Netscape communicator one. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips...

Incoming mail with attachment
how do I eliminate previews of attachments when I first open the mail? mposble <mposble@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how do I eliminate previews of attachments when I first open the mail? Outlook doesn't show attachments in the Reading Pane. Please describe what you mean. Include your version of Outlook and account type in the description. -- Brian Tillman ...