Undeliverable Email #2

A co worker of mine did a Exchange migration to a new server.  The server
name was changed and the user accounts were recreated from scratch.  The
Exchange emails were imported into the new user accounts.  Any time a users
replies to an email received internally prior to the move to the new server
it is undeliverable.   The problem is that the old email address  has the
old server name /o=wafsbs06  instead of the new server name /o=waf1sbs. The
complete old address is:

/O=WAFSBS06 /OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP /CN=RECIPIENTS /CN=ADMINISTRATOR

Is there a way on the new exchange server to fix this so that users can
reply to both old and new internal emails and they be delivered without
having to reenter the user's email address in the "To:" box?

0
techfirm (13)

you could add a recipient policy, I suppose, to add the old address to all
recipients...that's one of the problems with that type of migration...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"TechFirm" <techfirm@online.nospam> wrote in message
> A co worker of mine did a Exchange migration to a new server.  The server
> name was changed and the user accounts were recreated from scratch.  The
> Exchange emails were imported into the new user accounts.  Any time a
users
> replies to an email received internally prior to the move to the new
server
> it is undeliverable.   The problem is that the old email address  has the
> old server name /o=wafsbs06  instead of the new server name /o=waf1sbs.
The
> complete old address is:
>
> /O=WAFSBS06 /OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP /CN=RECIPIENTS
/CN=ADMINISTRATOR

> Is there a way on the new exchange server to fix this so that users can
> reply to both old and new internal emails and they be delivered without
> having to reenter the user's email address in the "To:" box?

0
sconkey (3059)
5/17/2006 6:04:39 PM
Sounds like you need to add an X500 e-mail address for all the
employees referencing the old e-mail address. Add a custom type, put
the old e-mail address in the address field and type as 'x500'. (sans
quotes).

We had to add these for our cross-site migration where the site name
changed.

Sounds like you need to add an X500 e-mail address for all the
employees referencing the old e-mail address. Add a custom type, put
the old e-mail address in the address field and type as 'x500'. (sans
quotes).

We had to add these for our cross-site migration where the site name
changed.

Public Folder Auto-reply #2
Hi Is there any way that I can enable an auto-reply for emails that are going to a Public Folder that is mail enabled. The emails will not only becoming from inside th company but externally as well. Thanx for the help Sulaiman yes, you can...on the Administration tab, click Folder Assistant...but be very cautious with this...it's very easy to get into a "mail loop" condition that could conceivably crash the store... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Sulaiman" <Sulaiman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E3D127F-2CBE-40D3-9AC3-333F3D25B465@microsoft....

clustered stack column charts #2
I am trying to create a chart with three stacks in two columns. I tried using the method described by Bernard Liengmen's but it doesn't allow me to add a secondary axis for the last (sixth) data series. I don't get it??? How does one series in a stacked cluster use the secondary axis? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Lou T wrote: > I am trying to create a chart with three stacks in two columns. I tried > using the method described by Bernard Liengmen's but it ...

Store.exe crashing on 2 Exchange 2003 servers
We have 2 Exchange 2003 SP1 servers (Win 2K SP4) which have developed a problem with the store crashing every half hour or so. System event log: The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 2 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 0 milliseconds: No action. Application event log Faulting application store.exe, version 6.5.7226.3, stamp 407db771, faulting module storevs2.dll, version 7.1.367.0, stamp 40746ce5, debug? 0, fault address 0x00002238. I think it is interesting that both servers are crashing, but not at exact...

What happened? #2
Does anybody know why many of the discussion topics have been deleted from this forum? Not specific to this forum, but the MS newsgroups have a "retention period". Anything too old is automatically purged (which sometimes leaves answers with no questions. IIRC this period is 6 months. They are generally moving everything across to the web-based forums instead. On 24/06/2010 14:57, Squeaky wrote: > Does anybody know why many of the discussion topics have been deleted from > this forum? ...

IS there a way to compare 2 excel files
I like to be able to compare 2 excel files to see how different they are.Is there such a thing? Hi Now imagine how totally different two excel files can possibly be. The report would say ... ? But if you have two pretty similar sheets, try Myrna Larson and Bill Manville's "Compare", downloadable from http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm HTH. Best wishes Harald "PeterM" <pmaston@comcast.net> skrev i melding news:%23BAzyBkOFHA.3940@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I like to be able to compare 2 excel files to see how different they are.Is > there such a ...

Spacing #2
Hi Trim removes spacing in the beginning and end of word. How can i delete a spacing betwee two words (name) ex "De Wit" > i want "dewit" THX Luc You can use: =substitute(a1," ","") to remove all the spaces (leading/trailing/embedded) or =lower(substitute(a1," ","")) if you really wanted lower case. Luc Vandenhoeck wrote: > > Hi > Trim removes spacing in the beginning and end of word. > How can i delete a spacing betwee two words (name) ex "De Wit" > i want > "dewit" > THX Luc -- ...

Cannot receive incoming internet eMail
Hi, all: I ahve a win2003 network, with Exchange 2003 running. The DC was down for about a week, so the email was not working, either. When the DC came back, email started working, partially. Now I can send email to outside, but I cannot receive any email at all. Any idea?? Thanks! From an outside connection, say your home computer, can you telnet to port 25 of your Exchange Server? Check your Event Viewer on the Exchange Server for any Errors. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

special orders #2
What is the best way to handle special orders... would it be via work orders? We would like to have two "special order" items that require 6 or so input criteria, i.e. if a cashier selects the item, they would have to input various selections such as color, finish, cloth type, etc. Any ideas on how to handle this? Thanks, Dallas. We use Layaway for special orders and I don't believe there is any fundamental difference between Layaway and Work Order other than the name. For the past year we've been using SO Tracker from Digital Retail Solutions. You can find it at: http...

Can an email be read without internet connection?
Am downloading an email to CD, but the computer I need the CD for has no internet connection at present. Can I read & print the email without access to internet? This is an HP notebook & the computer I need to read & print the CD in is an IBM Aptiva 247. Hula Girl wrote: > Am downloading an email to CD, but the computer I need the CD for has > no internet connection at present. Can I read & print the email > without access to internet? This is an HP notebook & the computer I > need to read & print the CD in is an IBM Aptiva 247. Not sure what you mean b...

Service Call SQL Object creation error #2
Hi, I am trying to configure Service Call Management, and when I execute the step to set up permissions for the GP users who can perform service call escalations (i.e Tools \ Setup \ Project \ Service Setup \ Service button \ SQL Objects button - Set permissions for Sql Objects for Escalation, then I get the following error: 'An error occurred executing add group statements'. When I click OK the next error is: 'The role FSSQLJOB does not exist in the current database.' I am on GP10 and am doing this in the Fabrikam database. Thanks Neil You will want to run the follow...

some emails not coming through since going to exchange, no details on why
Have a user that got 2 daily emails. One from a partner of ours that was an automatic email sent, with a status of things. Has an attachment that is a .docr The other is a daily list of canadian exchange rate. No attachments. He no longer recieves these emails and ht doesn't get any emails explaining why. Any idea's? Reply Check your SMTP protocol logs - are these emails getting to your server at all? Are you receiving other emails from outside on that email address? Other addresses? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog -----------------...

Default Email Acct
I have two email accounts at my ISP. When I send email, how can I select which acct is sending? Can it be set as a default? Thanks! "Numenorian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d9ee01c43ab2$5c49d9f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have two email accounts at my ISP. > > When I send email, how can I select which acct is sending? > Can it be set as a default? > > Thanks! > What version of Outlook? 2000 >-----Original Message----- >"Numenorian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message >news:d...

Combining 2 Text Strings in Body of E-Mail Q
I am trying to create a string of text to place in the message body of an e-mail. Using Ron De Bruins code I've run in to the "Too many line continuations". I've a requirement for 31 lines, but it hits this error on line 24. How can I combine 2 text strings to appear in the message body of the reports. My code with only the first stringbody is:- Sub Mail_New_Version() Dim FileExtStr As String Dim FileFormatNum As Long Dim Sourcewb As Workbook Dim Destwb As Workbook Dim TempFilePath As String Dim TempFileName As String Dim OutApp As O...

Text Wrapping and received Emails
I have received an email that has lines in it longer than the page width and dont wrap. I have tried help and searching here but cant find a way to have outlook automatically word wrap incoming messages to fit the text to the window any ideas please? Cheers JD Are you sure this is a Plain Text e-mail? These should be wrapped automatically for Outlook 2002 and 2003. HTML messages will be displayed in the way got formatted. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Tips for...

Sent emails not moved from Outbox to Sent folder
Using Windows Live Mail (Version 2009 Build 14.0.8089.0726) I often find that sent emails are not moved from my Outbox to my Sent folder. When first discovering this I would resend the email in the Outbox or query the intended recipient (with apologies), asking if the email had been received. In each instance the email HAD been sent, just never moved to the Sent folder. 1) Is there any way I can determine if mail sitting in my Outbox has actually been sent -- without querying the recipient? 2) Is there any way I can get Windows Live Mail to properly move sent emails from ...

Assigning "Normal" Importance to incoming email
Hi, I have the Rules Wizard set up to assign an importance level to incoming emails which I then group by. The problem is that many receive a level of "None" even though the Wizard is supposed to give it a "Normal" level. The "High" and "Low" assignments work fine but for some reason "Normal" only works sporadically resulting in a few "Normal" assignments and a lot with "None." Has anyone found this quirk in their settings? Thanks, Steve ...

New ISP, no incoming emails....
Hi all, was up late last night VPN-ing into my network, and had to go to bed after failing to solve this... I hooked our work up with a new T1 yesterday... from the minute I did, we have gotten no emails incoming.... We use an exchange 5.5 SP6a server for our email on a NT4 machine (Please hold all your jokes and MS-doesnt-suppot-that-anymore comments haha) and a seperate server to relay and filter our emails running GFI mail essentials. I made all the new DNS and new IP address changes on my firewall, they configured my new router remotely, I changed all the info on my DHCP server and can ...

Outlook Hangs when checking email addreses with directory service
I'm using Outlook 2000 service pack 3 in Internet Mail Only configuration Outlook hangs about 75% of the time when looking up an e-mail address in the university of bristol directory service however outlook express can look up an address successfully in the directory service 100% of the time and both outlook and outlook express have the directory account settings exactly the same. I would ask for help from the university's computing service but Outlook is currently unsupported by them. Any ideas why it hangs? Thanks James ...

Rules do not run #2
I have erase all my rules and set them up one at a time as a new message arrives. Next time that rule is supposed to run it does not. Using "Run Rules Now" does work, why are my rule not running automatically when new messages arrive. I am using Outlook 2003. Andrew M. what type of email account do you have? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Ou...

Migration From 1.2 to 3.0
Dear all, We want to do a new installation of CRM3.0 on a new server. How to migrate data from 1.2 to 3.0 ? (1)Somebody suggested to use data migration tools. I don't like it because I have experienced before (when I migrate Goldmine to CRM 1.2). It is very headache and time-consuming. (2)Somebody suggested to do a new installation for CRM1.2 and upgrade to CRM3.0. Does it mean I can copy the database of 1.2 to a new server and install CRM1.2 ? I would actually first upgrade your existing system. Then look to migrating to the new hardware. With v3, the DB is a lot easier to mov...

How to split numbers and decimal in 2 columns
One column for the dollars and the other for the cents? If so, use the Text to Columns, Use Delimited as the split option (Step 1) and select Other, type in the decimal point in the blank to the right of the Other option in step 2. This is good, but how do i keep it in the colums is i introduce new data and how do i sum it up (the colums) to get a final number with decimals in there corresponding colums? Dollars in in B, cents in C, Data shown Dollars Cents Cu Sum 7 56 7.56 3 44 11.00 2 24 13.24 45 23 58.47 C2: =SUM($B$2:B2)+SUM($C$2:C2)/100 and copy down Regards Peter A "...

Reporting #2
I receive email for two domains into my Exchange Server. I'd like to know how much email is received total and for each of these domains individually. Are there any built in tools for this type of reporting? Thanks, Andy Hi No built in tools to do this in Exchange, you would need to use a product lik MOM or a 3 rd pary product like: Mail Access Monitor http://www.internetaccessmonitor.com/eng/products/mam/ Admin Report Kit for Exchange Server http://www.vyapin.com/products/enterprisenetworktools/arkxchange.htm Exchange Monitor http://www.fortissoftware.com/ Regards -- Ben Ho...

Update Rollup 2 and Terminal Server
I've been using the terminstall.cmd script that MS put together for installing CRM 3 for Outlook on Terminal Server. How should I install the UR 2 on Terminal Server? I can't find any direction on this so any hints would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. Having the same issue myself. Can anyone point us to some suggestions? -Eric "NW" wrote: > I've been using the terminstall.cmd script that MS put together for > installing CRM 3 for Outlook on Terminal Server. > > How should I install the UR 2 on Terminal Server? > > I can't find any dir...

upgrade to 2.0.0114 from 1.31010
Hi group, I plan to peform this upgrade in 10 days from now... just before the Holidays shopping season! HQ with 7 stores Any general words of advice, suggestions of steps to be taken that is not found in the published MS documentation. Thanks Frederic Hurlet Did it for 5 stores a few weeks ago and it is all pretty straightforward Only thing I will say to make sure is that if you have purchased any add-ons for RMS make sure you find out if you need to upgrade those too, most of them have to be "Frederic Hurlet" wrote: > Hi group, > > I plan to peform this upgrade...

Macro recorder #2
How can I use relative references in my macro when I record a macro with the "record"-tool? >-----Original Message----- >How can I use relative references in my macro when I >record a macro with the "record"-tool? >. > Use the arrowkeys in a formula this will give you something like this ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[-3]*RC[-1]" Regards Peter Click the "Relative Reference" toolbutton (the second toolbutton) on the Stop Recording toolbar, which should appear when you start recording. If it doesn't appear that would be beca...