Undeleting mails that were deleted

I know how to recover deleted mails in Outlook, but how would you do that
for individual mailboxes at the server side in E2k3?

R Green

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 17:21:41 -0800, "R Green" <[news}@wowsat.com>
wrote:

>I know how to recover deleted mails in Outlook, but how would you do that
>for individual mailboxes at the server side in E2k3?
>
>R Green

Exmerge them out I guess and exmerge them back in.
0
adavid (8731)
1/25/2006 1:34:45 AM
Recover deleted mailboxes?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/274343/en-us

Recover deleted items in mailboxes from the server?

Depends on your backup tools.

"R Green" <[news}@wowsat.com> wrote in message
>I know how to recover deleted mails in Outlook, but how would you do that
> for individual mailboxes at the server side in E2k3?
>
> R Green

0
fullbrij1 (373)
1/25/2006 1:44:56 AM
On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 17:44:56 -0800, "John Fullbright"
<fullbrij@comcast.net> wrote:

>Recover deleted mailboxes?
>
>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/274343/en-us
>
>Recover deleted items in mailboxes from the server?
>
>Depends on your backup tools.

heh
I assumed he meant deleted items in the mailboxes, but I guess he
could have also meant actual mailboxes!

>"R Green" <[news}@wowsat.com> wrote in message
>>I know how to recover deleted mails in Outlook, but how would you do that
>> for individual mailboxes at the server side in E2k3?
>>
>> R Green

0
adavid (8731)
1/25/2006 1:52:54 AM
Yeah, it was fairly ambiguous so I covered both paths.

"Andy David - [MVP]" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
message news:aemdt1poukvpi1l5tk8ia843gmu0veqno0@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 17:44:56 -0800, "John Fullbright"
> <fullbrij@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>Recover deleted mailboxes?
>>
>>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/274343/en-us
>>
>>Recover deleted items in mailboxes from the server?
>>
>>Depends on your backup tools.
>
> heh
> I assumed he meant deleted items in the mailboxes, but I guess he
> could have also meant actual mailboxes!
>

>>"R Green" <[news}@wowsat.com> wrote in message
>>>I know how to recover deleted mails in Outlook, but how would you do that
>>> for individual mailboxes at the server side in E2k3?
>>>
>>> R Green

0
fullbrij1 (373)
1/25/2006 1:53:44 AM
Sorry if I was ambigous.

I am asking on how to recover any emails that were deleted by the user in
Outlook on the server side.  Not recover deleted mailboxes.

Thanks for the replies...

R Green

You would have to rely on ony backup software.  Does it support item level
recovery?

> Sorry if I was ambigous.
>
> I am asking on how to recover any emails that were deleted by the user in
> Outlook on the server side.  Not recover deleted mailboxes.
>
> Thanks for the replies...
>
> R Green

0
fullbrij1 (373)
1/25/2006 2:46:34 AM
On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 18:46:34 -0800, "John Fullbright"
<fullbrij@comcast.net> wrote:

>You would have to rely on ony backup software.  Does it support item level
>recovery?

If the message are however, recoverable from Outlook, they can also be
recovered with Exmerge.

>"R Green" <[news}@wowsat.com> wrote in message
>> Sorry if I was ambigous.
>>
>> I am asking on how to recover any emails that were deleted by the user in
>> Outlook on the server side.  Not recover deleted mailboxes.
>>
>> Thanks for the replies...
>>
>> R Green

0
adavid (8731)
1/25/2006 1:45:52 PM
That's true, but I don't think that was specified in the question.  If the
message is in deleted items, or withing the deleted items retention period.
If not, you'll need to rely on your backup software.

> On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 18:46:34 -0800, "John Fullbright"
> <fullbrij@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>You would have to rely on ony backup software.  Does it support item level
>>recovery?
>>

> If the message are however, recoverable from Outlook, they can also be
> recovered with Exmerge.
>

>>"R Green" <[news}@wowsat.com> wrote in message
>>> Sorry if I was ambigous.
>>>
>>> I am asking on how to recover any emails that were deleted by the user
>>> in
>>> Outlook on the server side.  Not recover deleted mailboxes.
>>>
>>> Thanks for the replies...
>>>
>>> R Green

0
fullbrij1 (373)
1/25/2006 1:51:48 PM
I was hoping I don't have to go to my AIT tape backups.  I'm using Backup
Exec 10.

Thanks Guys...

R Green