Unauthorized access to OWA if account set to change password on lo

Good day,

We recently upgraded from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 SP2

Our OWA was previously configured to allow users to change their password.

If I configure a user account to "Prompt for the user to change password at
next logon", the following page is displayed when they access OWA "You are
not authorized to view this page"

If I deselect the option that users are required to change their password at
next logon, they can login to OWA properly and even change their passwords
using the Options section.

I'm thinking that there is probably an issue with access to the OWA page
which tells users that they are required to change their password.

How can I get this working again?

--
Regards,

- MPAI CITS
0
MPAICITS (3)

Verify on the IISADMPWD virtual directory, make sure you set the
security to "Enable anonymous access" and
"Basic auth".

James Chong (MVP)
MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+
msexchangetips.blogspot.com

On Mar 22, 2:30 pm, MPAI CITS <MPAIC...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Good day,
>
> We recently upgraded from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 SP2
>
> Our OWA was previously configured to allow users to change their password.
>
> If I configure a user account to "Prompt for the user to change password at
> next logon", the following page is displayed when they access OWA "You are
> not authorized to view this page"
>
> If I deselect the option that users are required to change their password at
> next logon, they can login to OWA properly and even change their passwords
> using the Options section.
>
> I'm thinking that there is probably an issue with access to the OWA page
> which tells users that they are required to change their password.
>
> How can I get this working again?
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> - MPAI CITS

0
jamestechman (1266)
3/22/2007 7:53:16 PM
Thanks for your reply James.

I tried setting the security you mentioned and restarted the Web Site
however the problem is still happening.

Any other suggestions?

--
Regards,

- MPAI CITS

"Jamestechman" wrote:

> Verify on the IISADMPWD virtual directory, make sure you set the
> security to "Enable anonymous access" and
> "Basic auth".
>

> James Chong (MVP)
> MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+
> msexchangetips.blogspot.com
>

> On Mar 22, 2:30 pm, MPAI CITS <MPAIC...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > Good day,
> >
> > We recently upgraded from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 SP2
> >
> > Our OWA was previously configured to allow users to change their password.
> >
> > If I configure a user account to "Prompt for the user to change password at
> > next logon", the following page is displayed when they access OWA "You are
> > not authorized to view this page"
> >
> > If I deselect the option that users are required to change their password at
> > next logon, they can login to OWA properly and even change their passwords
> > using the Options section.
> >
> > I'm thinking that there is probably an issue with access to the OWA page
> > which tells users that they are required to change their password.
> >
> > How can I get this working again?
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > - MPAI CITS

0
MPAICITS (3)
3/28/2007 1:57:41 AM
Hello ,

Can someone please assist?

The problem still persists.

--
Regards,

- MPAI CITS

"MPAI CITS" wrote:

> Thanks for your reply James.
>
> I tried setting the security you mentioned and restarted the Web Site
> however the problem is still happening.
>
> Any other suggestions?
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> - MPAI CITS
>

> "Jamestechman" wrote:
>
> > Verify on the IISADMPWD virtual directory, make sure you set the
> > security to "Enable anonymous access" and
> > "Basic auth".
> >

> > James Chong (MVP)
> > MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+
> > msexchangetips.blogspot.com
> >

> > On Mar 22, 2:30 pm, MPAI CITS <MPAIC...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > wrote:
> > > Good day,
> > >
> > > We recently upgraded from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 SP2
> > >
> > > Our OWA was previously configured to allow users to change their password.
> > >
> > > If I configure a user account to "Prompt for the user to change password at
> > > next logon", the following page is displayed when they access OWA "You are
> > > not authorized to view this page"
> > >
> > > If I deselect the option that users are required to change their password at
> > > next logon, they can login to OWA properly and even change their passwords
> > > using the Options section.
> > >
> > > I'm thinking that there is probably an issue with access to the OWA page
> > > which tells users that they are required to change their password.
> > >
> > > How can I get this working again?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > - MPAI CITS

0
MPAICITS (3)

multiple owner for one account or for example contacts
Could i assign more than one owner for example entity account or contact ??? I want to all logged crm user to see My Activities the same for all owner (crm user). Thans for answer On Aug 11, 3:24=A0am, "Rafal" <rkoczen_1...@o2.pl> wrote: > Could i assign more than one owner for example entity account or contact = ??? > > I want to all logged crm user to see My Activities the same for all owner > (crm user). > > Thans for answer Hi Rafal, No it is not possible to have more than one owner for any records. What you can do is make the "Open Activies&q...

workflow send email template to both case contact and account
I am in a desperate search to find a solution for creating a workflow that sends an automated email notification upon Case open to both the contact that submitted the case and parent account's primary contact/email. It seems that i can only do this manually, or send to one or the other but not both. Any suggestions from another service provider that has tackled this issue? Perhaps I am not seeing a logical approach that already exists. thanks, Austin ...

Changing letter case to user specified.
I have a list of names in both WORD and EXCEL and would like to change the case letters to look like this... LAST, First How can I do this? Is there a function I could use in EXCEL or WORD? Joe I hate to bring bad news but I don't believe you can do this. However when using names you should probably have a separate column for first and last name. This would make it really easy to accomplish what you are doing. "JoeWood77" wrote: > I have a list of names in both WORD and EXCEL and would like to change the > case letters to look like this... > > LAST, First &...

CRM for Outlook
Hi; I know it's a can of worms, but does anyone know where the CRM for Outlook stores its settings? for example, if I select that I want to use the CRM forms for appointments, where does that setting get stored so that the software knows how to set it the next time its launched? We have a few customers looking to deploy the Client for up to 1500 users and it's unrealistic to assume that the IT department can roam the countryside updating user preferences when the customer goes live. So we'd like to figure out how to push these settings out programatically. I know: undoc...

Changing the SMTP headers
Hi all I was just wondering if there was any way to change or remove the servernam and IP address in the outgouing SMTP headers in exchange 2003. Basically I have to companies hosted on the one server which we need to keep as separate identities the problem is that the SMTP headers contain the other companies domain name and clients could tell that the two comanies must be affiliated by checking their internet headers Can you pretend to be an ISP, serving both Cos? If not - post the headers that concern you. Brad wrote: > Hi all > I was just wondering if there was any way to ch...

Outlook 2003 e-mail signatures change font color and size
We have multiple users on Windows XP, recently converted to Outlook 2003 e-mail from Eudora. Two users (out of 34) have this issue: The default signature is placed in a new message, but its text is "white". If you select all with Ctrl-A to highlight and then choose black text color, the signature is visible. We have deleted the default signature entirely, created a new one, pasting in from Word and the problem still exists. Needless to say, this is a nuisance. A 3rd user has part of his signature (not all lines) showing up in the recipient's e-mail with large font >24 points ...

Can VBA change Split Form Size?
I just started to experiment with split forms today. I would like to know if it is possible to use VBA to change how the form is split between the upper and lower parts. An example would be most appreciated. Thanks, Brad You cannot change the properties at runtime as you'll have to go into design view to modify the properties. acDataSheetOnBottom acDataSheetOnLeft acDataSheetOnRight acDataSheetOnTop example: Forms!YourFormName.SplitFormOrientation = acDataSheetOnLeft I don't know the constant number but it should be somethinglike 0,1,2,3. Check out 2007 Help...

Public Folders on 2nd server through OWA
HI One client is running two exchange 2000 servers. One for mailboxex/OWA and other for public folders. Access to public folders through outlook works fine. Users access OWA through exchange.domain.com which works fine. But when someone tries to access public folder which are on a different server, it points to server.domain.com/public/foldername which brings up page not found error. Dedicated public folder server doesn't have iis installed and also public directory under OWA IIS server doesn't show any public folders. A test pubilc folder I created show up in iis and I was able to ...

Microsoft Access 2007 Ribbon
Hi All, I am upgrading a large .ADP application from Office 2003 to Office 2007 and would like some feedback on the best way to manage Ribbons in Access. I am in the process of converting all the old custom menubar/toolbar functionality into equivalent/similar/improved functionality using the Ribbon Currently I have over 20 Ribbons (and growing) all use the "Start from Scratch=True" attribute. Obviously I would prefer to utilise less Ribbons, but by the same token the prospect of dynamically applying lots of customisation to fewer Ribbons when each form or report is opened ap...

Rationale for Word 2007/Word 2010 Style Set
Can someone explain why Microsoft opted to change the default style set in Word 2007 and now in Word 2010 to include mutliple line spacing at 1.15 between lines and 10-pt. spacing after paragraphs? Evidently, enough people are dissatisfied with it that they also opted to continue the Word 2003 Style Set as a style option. I greatly dislike the 2007/2010 Style Set and I suspect I'm not alone. Thanks in advance for any input. Where do you get the idea that "enough people are dissatisfied with it"? Especially if you end your message with "and I suspect I'm ...

Password for mailbox not working
My password for my mail doesn't work...I've tried everything I can think of...any suggestions? If you are still having problems after applying both the SP 1 & 2 patches, then see if this article addresses your problemL OL2002: The Save Password Setting Is Not Saved When You Connect to a POP3 Server http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290684 --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: mswebba <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | My p...

Unable to Change View Options
I have a problem that I haven't been able to crack. I am using WLMD with XP SP3. I am unable to change the view options. When I click Menu-->layout or View-->Layout, nothing happens. No error messages or anything else. Help!!!!! What version of WLM are you using? The D in WLMD hasn't been part of the official program name for several years already. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Jeremy" <Jeremy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:64407129-FE59-49F4-AA90-D515...

How do I set up "format painter" in MS_Outlook ?
The format painter tool is very handy in Microsoft Office; where is it when I am editing emails in Microsoft outlook? ! Subra. Turn on the option to use Word as the message editor in = Outlook-Tools->Options->Mail Format. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Subra asked: | The format painter tool is very handy in Microsoft Office; where is | it when I am editing emails in Microsoft outlook? ! | Subra. ...

Setting up rules on Exchange 2000 public folders to filter out spam.
In my organisation we have public folders used by various departments. They emails come in there from outside via a publicly displayed email address (on our website). Inevitably, a lot of junk finds it way into these folders from spammers. Unfortunately, our anti spam software is rather rudimentary and can only ban via domain � which is usually inappropriate for us. I was wondering if it is possible to configure a rule (like the client based rules you can setup in Outlook 2000) to filter out mail containing certain words and phrases, and dump them into a trash folder. If anyone can offer assis...

Windows Live Mail cannot access hotmail account
Unable to send or receive messages for the F----- account. Windows Live Mail can't connect to the Hotmail server. To send and receive messages in your Hotmail account, go to 'Sign In' (http://hotmail.live.com) on the Web, or try again later. Server Error: 5102 Server Response: Xfs request 'GetAccountData' failed. Response code: 'UserLocked', server response: '750 0' Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x8DE20003 I just started getting this error. I did not change a...

Small Business Accounting 2006
Is there a solution for POS and SBA? not yet "Chris Schatte" <caschatte@msn.com> wrote in message news:epW1VzIyFHA.2348@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Is there a solution for POS and SBA? > ...

Change Chart links to values using VBA?
Excel 97 I have a worksheet with a collection of productivity charts based on data in other worksheets of the same workbook. I need to copy / email the worksheet with the charts only to other staff - all they need is the static charts. So I patiently covert the links in the charts to values by selecting the chart line, going to the formula bar, press F9 then Enter to do so. Surely there is a better way? Can I do this laborious job in VBA? Any ideas gratefully appreciated. WSF Hi, This routine will convert links to array values. Sub ChartValues() Dim intSeries As Integer ...

Results of an Access Query
I use Microsoft Access to send the results of a query via Outlook. When I used Outlook 2000 -2002, the results of the query showed up in the body of the email message. When I upgraded to Outlook 2003, the results of the query are sent as an attachment, which I then need to open or save in order to view. Is there any way for me to get Outlook 2003 to behave the way 2000 and 2002 did by showing the results of the query in the body of the email message? It would really be a time saver for us. - Thanks for your help! -Paul K. ...

Recipe Database in Access
Hi Guys Last year my partner and I bought a small country kitchen where we make jams, chutneys, sauces etc. We would like to put all our recipes into an access database. Can anyone please point us in the right direction to find one. The functionality we are looking for includes: - ingredient searches ... eg - so we can pull up all recipes that malt vinegar (which includes gluten) and replace with a gluten free vinegar. - ingredient costs ... to help with product pricing. - volume output - recipe owner ... some of the recipes are owned by a specific customers and we only make that produ...

How to access exchange through a firewall?
I have a MS SBS 2005 at an office that has a Redhat firewall protecting the network. The firewall is provided by a financial company and subsequently a Unix server that has sensitive financial data on it. The SBS server was an afterthought I suppose, they use it for file sharing, Exchange (using POP connectors to their domain host) and that's about it. Problem here is that there are some users that would like to access their files and email remotely as well as at the office, but I am not sure what the best way to handle this is. the financial company called me to discuss, but I am not to...

Outlook 2007 account settings
Hello, We just migrated to exchange 2008. The way we setup outlook profile is to accept default settings and it pulls all data from active directory. Now our exchange team is telling us not to that because one of the default settings is causing problems. In the Exchange settings on the connection tab 'Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP' under 'Outlook Anywhere' is checked. We need to un-check that option to get rid of the error. I don't want to have to call up users to walk them through it, or send them instructions and hope they do it correctly. Is...

Is it possible to exclude an account from GAL?
Hi, Is it possible to exclude an account w/ E2K mailbox excluded from the GAL? Thanks, Sam Yes, there is an option to hide from the address book in the properties of the user account. -- Michael Bell Bell Consulting Services, Inc. No emails please. "Sam" <sam@globalwebcentral.com> wrote in message news:uofB0b0fEHA.3548@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Is it possible to exclude an account w/ E2K mailbox excluded from the GAL? > > Thanks, > > Sam > > Just make sure you don't select that option untill they have recieved an email addre...

making a cell change colour after a specified period of elapsed time
Hi, I am using Excel 2002 and would like to be able to set up a file I have so that when a certain number of days has elapsed (28) a specified cell changes colour - to alert me visually that some data needs to be updated I have Cell B1 contains the date that I have entered the data (date entered manually) Cell C1 contains the date when the data will need to be renewed (I have simply entered =B1+28 but there is probally a much cleverer way) I would like Cell D1 to change colour after 28 days Can someone please advise me? Cheers, TIA In conditional formatting for D1 select "For...

changing the zero from a cell to an "X" instead of a zero
Hello, I have a cell, D1, that I made = B2. B2 is to be an "X" when filled in correctly but until it is used there is nothing in that cell so cell D1 it is a zero and I want it to be an "X". Does anyone know how to do this? Maybe you meant one of these .. In D1: =IF(B2="","",B2) D1 will remain "blank" until an input is made in B2, then it will simply reflect the input made Or, perhaps this In D1: =IF(B2="","","X") D1 will remain "blank" until an input is made in B2, then it will reflect a...

OWA From Display Name Inconsistent
I have a very simple Exchange 2003 setup. I have two Windows 2003 servers, one is a domain controller the other is the exchange server. Active directory level is Windows 2003. Exchange is running in native mode. Exchange and Windows are fully patched. An email is generated using OWA. The email is sent to a company employee. When the email is received the from display name incorrect. For example if Jane Smith sent an email the display could look like this (“John Doe [jsmith@test.com]”) This will happen on average 1 out 50 times. I can not reproduce the issue. The name that is ...