Unaccessible messages in public folders

Hi all,

We experienced the same problems as many people with the recent virus
outbreak and our Exchange stores got corrupted.  We recovered with eseutil
and isinteg, but now we have messages in the public folders that we can't
access or even delete.  Is there a way to deal with those critters?  This is
with Exchange 5.5 with the latest SP.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Eric.

0
ecaron (6)

SetWarnings alternative that "Okays" error messages
I have some macros that are running quite a few exports of queries and also some maketable queries. I'm wanting for them to run WITHOUT me watching over them and clicking "Yes" to making a new table and the like. It is also likely that I will get an error message such as "n Records were not written due to conversion errors...". I am prepared to drop these records and I really don't care about them as I know that the data I am importing and querying is unreliable in several fields. Is there a way to turn off these error messages and just export the whole thing witho...

duplicate message
Hi All, Our server had a problem after installed exchange SP2 and turn on the IMF Somebody received duplicate email 30 times but the sender only sent out once This problem happen to many receiver or all user. But as the same mail, this isn't happen to my email and outside email account. I'm using Microsoft Outlook 2003 and Small Business Server 2003 Please help me, thanks a lot. Ken What type of account is configured in Outlook program. Vijay "Ken" <goukilee@yahoo.com.hk> wrote in message news:ucXOocrDHHA.1016@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > Ou...

Message Delay
I just switched to exchange 2k3 from an outsourced email system, basic pop3 accounts with website provider. My mail server is behind my firewall, and smtp traffic is forwarded to the server. I seem to be getting a long delay with some messages, but not all. For instance, today I sent a message at 9, it is now after three and it just got to the recipient. Can anyone tell me what to check first? Nate Dogg: If you can, have the recipient send you a copy of the Internet message header. It should show all the SMTP servers involved in the delivery along with timestamps of when each server...

Why does the most recent message disappear from my inbox sometime
Several times the most recent message has disappeared forever from my inbox after I've read it and closed it, either by clicking the corner X or by clicking the arrow for the next item. It is not to be found in Deleted Messages or any other folder on my computer. salspsyche <salspsyche@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Several times the most recent message has disappeared forever from my > inbox after I've read it and closed it, either by clicking the corner > X or by clicking the arrow for the next item. It is not to be found > in Deleted Messages or any oth...

message Encryption
hi, what are the apps are available to encrypt outboung exchange message? what kind encryption does exchange 2003 provide? Thanks. "=?Utf-8?B?YW5vbmk=?=" <anoni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:447834EB-1BBF-4A5E-9C21-5D80395A5622@microsoft.com: > what are the apps are available to encrypt outboung exchange message? > what kind encryption does exchange 2003 provide? Exchange can work with certificate services to encrypt messages. There are also several other options for message security. Here are some links for you: http://www.petri.co.il/configure_messa...

How to parse message automatically
I want to use a rule to parse the information in emails from a specific email address, convert the content into a MS Word template format, and then email the document as an attachment to an email address that will be one of the "fields" in the received email. Anyone who has had experience with anything like this? Thanks You may need to use VBA, but take a look at www.ornic.com - exlife might do what you need. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www...

Two message boxes
I have two message boxes that fire off when I am going to print a report to determine what will show up on the report as far as fields. The first message box is to hide the customer price on a quote, if you answer yes it sets a checkbox on the initial form to true. The next message box is to show or hide the changes made to the quote on the report. If I say vbyes to both of the message boxes the customer pricing will not be hidden as the checkbox is getting set back to false. I am not sure why it is toggling, but it works if I answer yes to the first and no to hte second. It may ...

Inconsistent outgoing messages to one domain
Greetings. Since we've installed SP2 on Microsoft Exchange 2003, we are having problems emailing a particular domain. If I use the Message Tracking Tool to monitor the email status we get two results. The first is, the last line has "This message transferred to <server name> through SMTP (1031). The other result is, "This message transferred to through SMTP (The server name is missing). If the message has the server name in it, the message is being sent and recieved, but if the line doesn't have the server name the message may or may not be delivered. Also, if we...

message replication
Hi ..I have Outlook 2002 installed with an Exchange Server 2000 backend...when I hit the manual send/recieve the messages in the folder replicate and/or change the read to unread. Have scanned for virus etc. Any ideas??? \ Thank you ...

Drag and drop a message.
I am trying to drag and drop a message from Outlook to a Winform. When I drop the message on the form I attempt to get the contents of the message using the following. MemoryStream ms = (MemoryStream) e.Data.GetData("FileContents",true); However this does not allow me to obtain a pointer to the data. The MemoryStream is null when I execute this statement. My question is; how do I get at the contents of an outlook mail message during a drag drop operation. Darel ...

Public folder access problem #2
Hello, Don't know if this is an Exchange or Outlook problem, sorry for posting in both groups :-) Exchange Enterprise Edition 2003 SP2, Outlook 2003 SP2 in Windows XP SP2, 1.000 users and public folders. Until yesterday a user was able to access a public folder; tree is : \Public folders\All Public Folders\Department\Incoming Mail \Public folders\All Public Folders\Department\Outgoing Mail Then suddenly this user does not see the content of the Department folder nor the subfolders. When you click on the Department folder properties, summary tab, you see this user has the Reviewer role. ...

Cannot get emails back from Deleted Items folder
Outlook 2003 After deleting an email, I normally can move the email from the Deleted Items folder back to my Inbox. Or after deleting, I can Undo and it restores the email back to its original folder. Now, for some unknown reason, the Deleted Items folder will not let go of emails. I tried moving, clicking and dragging, and undoing, but they are stuck in the Deleted Items folder. All I can do to survive is copy them back. Any solution to this? how 'full' is the deleted folder and the folder you want to move them back into? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself ...

Outlook error message #17
Each time I try to send an email on Outlook, I get the error message, "An eror occured wile aattempting to open the Windows Address Book". What does the address book have to do with it? how can I correct this? and what does that message actually mean??? Pls reply by email to: pittman.e@sbcglobal.net thanks! pittman.e@sbcglobal.net <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Pls reply by email to: pittman.e@xxxxxxxxx.net ("xxxxxxxxx" = "sbcglobal") Never a good idea to publish your Email address in plain text in a newsgroup. I hope you're p...

Excel 2002 error message
We are receiving an error message as follows: file.xls cannot be accessed. The file may be read-only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding. The file is on a floppy and was opened as recently as yesterday. Does any one have any idea how to access the data on the diskette? Hi NEVER try to open a file directly from a floppy. This is the main reason for corrupted files. Alsways copy them first to a harddisk -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "sandicoke" <srupert@peoplepc.com> schrieb im...

sending message in MFC multi-threading
I use class CSMTPConnection and CMimeMessage to send email in a multithreading project. when I only spawn one dialog window and send email, there is no problem at all, but whenever I spawn one more dialog window(concurrently), an exception occured. I traced it a little bit. The exception is about a pointer to interface IMultiLanguage while CMimeMessage instance initializing. Codes is as following class CMyDialog :public CDialog { CMyLog * m_log; void fcn(); ...... }; class CMyLog { .... void SendEmail( ....); .... }; void CMyLog::SendEmail(...) { CSMTPConnection EmailConn...

How to catch a WM_COPY message in a CRichEditCtrl based object
I have a CRichEditCtrl based class, and I want to catch the WM_COPY message. I used the ON_MESSAGE(WM_COPY, OnCopy) macro in the MESSAGE_MAP, and then defined a LRESULT OnCopy(WPARAM, LPARAM); function. However I am not getting a breakpoint in that routine. Do I need to be using Reflection? Any ideas on how I can catch that message so I can do special processing? Thanks! Under what conditions are you not catching WM_COPY? Ctrl+C? It probably doesn't send a WM_COPY message (Microsoft is not very good about doing things the right way, just doing things the clever way) joe On 3 Ja...

Lost original message when using outlook web access
I often use web access when travelling to get my work emails. When forwrdign and replying to emails, I always have the orginal email in tact and as part of the reply. However, when accessing from home on the internet, I lose the orginal email so that when I reply or forward there's nothing there. I also can't paste or copy into or from the message body. Is this problem easily fixed. Jim Assuming Outlook 2000 - though something like this will probably work for every version ... it just might not be in the same menu location. Go to Tools - Options - Preferences - Email option...

Hotmail will not receive/display messages sent from GMX or Yahoo
Messages sent from a GMX or Yahoo account using Windows Live Mail will not be received/displayed in Hotmail's inbox. However, if they are sent using Outlook Express, they are successfully received and displayed. Also, a message sent from G-Mail using Windows Live Mail (or Outlook Express) will work fine. Very unusual! When you say "Hotmail inbox" do you mean the one on the web or the one in your Windows Live Mail? Are the missing messages not visible in either location? Hotmail has very stringent (some would say 'draconian') spam filtering. It is not ...

Outlook Error Message #2
I keep getting "Outlook.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows" Can anyone please tell me why this is happening? ...

error message 1935 when i download office 2007 plz help!
every time i download windows office 2007 it stops loading half way through and displays: Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation assembly component {97F81AF1-0E47-DC99-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E}. HRESULT: OX8007054F Setup failed. Rolling back changes. then all downloaded progress is destalled. my computer is a vista basic i have tried many different solutions and none work. also a few solutions show that i need to have a ".NET Framework version 2.0" or ".NET Framework version 1.1" installed. i have a .NET Framework 3.5 SP1. im not sure if this affec...

Making My Categories from Includes Folder
Okay not sure the subject line is right. I'm using a template and my categories are manually done. I had asked before if there was an easier way to do this and someone suggested that I make that part of my includes folder. Have no idea how to do that and wondered if someone could tell me. I'm really not good on html but am willing to try. Though I need an explanation that a someone who is not smarter than a 5th grader can understand :-) Linda www.firstinlinesoap.com ...

Using Document Hyperlinks in Email Publications
I thought I had read somewhere that you could use hyperlinks to documents in your email publications (where the documents are not saved on a web server). I was under the impression that the documents sort of "upload" and give the reader the option to "open" or "save" them. Is there a trick to doing this, if it is possible at all? Thanks You could "attach" the document to your email. In the body of the email give a statement, i.e., See attached file. Before sending the email, click on the Attach icon on the tool bar at the top which will give y...

[ANN] Public beta coming this month
MacBU upgrades Entourage and delivers new ways to collaborate with PC and Mac colleagues. Entourage moves from WebDAV to Exchange Web Services. Look for the launch of a public beta this month. Continue reading for more info.... Public beta coming this month (The Entourage Help Blog) <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2009/01/public_beta_coming_this_month.html> In case the above link does not work: <http://tinyurl.com/7vo24c> -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> ...

Insufficient permissions to view contents of folder
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Email Client: pop After installing Leopard and then reinstalling Tiger, Entourage gives me the message &quot;You don't have sufficient permissions to view contents of this folder&quot;, but it does not say which folder. As root I've given myself ownership of all the folders and files in the Microsoft User Data folder and the Microsoft Entourage Archive folder in my home user documents folder, but the message still appears on launch of Entourage. What other folders does Entourage use? What do I need ...

Very LARGE Message Stuck In Outbox
I foolishly tried to send an email with numerous mp3 attachments, 97 MB. The email has been in my Outbox for a week now. I got a message from the recips ISP that it was too big for his mailbox. I tried to delete it from my Outbox, but nothing happens. I try to open it and get a message that Outlook has already begun to send it. But, the next day it's still there. I've tried moving it to other folders, but get the same message. Now, it's blocking me from sending regular email. How can I bruteforce delete this message? -- Paul Nations Little Rock, AR Place Outlook of...