Unable to Update Free/Busy - WP

SiteA - Headoffice Exchange 2007 Cluster
SiteB - Exchange 2003
SiteC -Exchange 2007 with all Roles.

SiteC has only 1 mbx user for now.  The user was experencing Request Data
and this issue was fixed by Eds help ... as the PF was pointing to Exhange
2003 in SiteB.

Today the same user reported "Unable to Update Public Free/Busy data.
Network problems are preventing connection to Exchange Server Computer"

The user is running OL2002 and she has no issues seeing other peoples
Free/Busy.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Make sure the mailbox store on which the user resides points to a public
folder store on a local server and make sure that server has replicas of all
free-busy system public folders.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

"WildPacket" <WildPacket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> SiteA - Headoffice Exchange 2007 Cluster
> SiteB - Exchange 2003
> SiteC -Exchange 2007 with all Roles.
>
> SiteC has only 1 mbx user for now.  The user was experencing Request Data
> and this issue was fixed by Eds help ... as the PF was pointing to Exhange
> 2003 in SiteB.
>
> Today the same user reported "Unable to Update Public Free/Busy data.
> Network problems are preventing connection to Exchange Server Computer"
>
> The user is running OL2002 and she has no issues seeing other peoples
> Free/Busy.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thank you.

0
Ed
11/18/2009 4:44:39 AM
Ed ... thanks.

Yes, the MBX store is poitning to the PF store on the local server.  I
changed thsi alst time as it was not poitning tp local server.  I also made
sure that this server has replicas of all free/busy.  Free/busy is working
fone its just sometimes the message pops up....

Not sure why??????

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:

> Make sure the mailbox store on which the user resides points to a public
> folder store on a local server and make sure that server has replicas of all
> free-busy system public folders.
> --
> Ed Crowley MVP
> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
> ..
>
> "WildPacket" <WildPacket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > SiteA - Headoffice Exchange 2007 Cluster
> > SiteB - Exchange 2003
> > SiteC -Exchange 2007 with all Roles.
> >
> > SiteC has only 1 mbx user for now.  The user was experencing Request Data
> > and this issue was fixed by Eds help ... as the PF was pointing to Exhange
> > 2003 in SiteB.
> >
> > Today the same user reported "Unable to Update Public Free/Busy data.
> > Network problems are preventing connection to Exchange Server Computer"
> >
> > The user is running OL2002 and she has no issues seeing other peoples
> > Free/Busy.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Thank you.
> >

> .

Ed .. I have set the replicas usign teh PF Management COnsole from Exchange
2007 ... thats where you do it correct?  I can also do it from Exchange 2003
in Site B.

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:

> Make sure the mailbox store on which the user resides points to a public
> folder store on a local server and make sure that server has replicas of all
> free-busy system public folders.
> --
> Ed Crowley MVP
> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
> ..
>
> "WildPacket" <WildPacket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > SiteA - Headoffice Exchange 2007 Cluster
> > SiteB - Exchange 2003
> > SiteC -Exchange 2007 with all Roles.
> >
> > SiteC has only 1 mbx user for now.  The user was experencing Request Data
> > and this issue was fixed by Eds help ... as the PF was pointing to Exhange
> > 2003 in SiteB.
> >
> > Today the same user reported "Unable to Update Public Free/Busy data.
> > Network problems are preventing connection to Exchange Server Computer"
> >
> > The user is running OL2002 and she has no issues seeing other peoples
> > Free/Busy.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Thank you.
> >

> .

If you do it on one side, it should show up on the other in due course.  If
Exchange 2003 System Manager doesn't show the replicas being added after a
little while, then you have a replication problem.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

> Ed .. I have set the replicas usign teh PF Management COnsole from
> Exchange
> 2007 ... thats where you do it correct?  I can also do it from Exchange
> 2003
> in Site B.
>

> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Make sure the mailbox store on which the user resides points to a public
>> folder store on a local server and make sure that server has replicas of
>> all
>> free-busy system public folders.
>> --
>> Ed Crowley MVP
>> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
>> ..
>>
>> "WildPacket" <WildPacket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > SiteA - Headoffice Exchange 2007 Cluster
>> > SiteB - Exchange 2003
>> > SiteC -Exchange 2007 with all Roles.
>> >
>> > SiteC has only 1 mbx user for now.  The user was experencing Request
>> > Data
>> > and this issue was fixed by Eds help ... as the PF was pointing to
>> > Exhange
>> > 2003 in SiteB.
>> >
>> > Today the same user reported "Unable to Update Public Free/Busy data.
>> > Network problems are preventing connection to Exchange Server Computer"
>> >
>> > The user is running OL2002 and she has no issues seeing other peoples
>> > Free/Busy.
>> >
>> > Any ideas?
>> >
>> > Thank you.
>> >

>> .

0
Ed

Update
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites. This move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence, mitiga...

Chart update automatically
Sometimes I start a data list to chart, create a chart then add data and the chart automatically updates as I add to the data list. The X axis grows with each entry. Other times, I do what I think is the same thing but the chart lays dormant. I actually have to manually update the series range. Nothing I do seems to make it "automatic". Is there a way to make any chart (new or existing) update automatically when dynamic data is involved? Hi, The chart will update automatically if, - you based the chart on a List (Table in xl2007) - created and used a dynamic named range - i...

update worksheet in one file with worksheet in another file
I want to have one worksheet in one of my excel files (file 1) to reflect the contents of a worksheet in another file (file 2) every time it is opened (file 1), that is, everytime it is opened this one tab should reflect the last changes made on the tab in another file, including formating. I suspect this is possible but I don't have a clue how to do it. I have a few questions: Can this be done without VBA? (I'm not even a beginner with VBA!) I did search the web some and found the following that looks interesting: http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-6230-0.html?forumID=101&threadI...

Simple Cash Flow Small business
I have a small janitorial business with recurring jobs w/the same clients. I want something simple & very inexpensive to keep track. Ideas? ...

Money 2006 Standard
I've just started to use the Money 2006 and I'm trying to move from the Essential Budget to the Advanced Budget, but the software does not move to the selected option. Is there any action to correct this problem? I was using a very old Money version (97) and the file was converted without any problem with budget data in the Advanced format, but as I can't select the Advanced Budget I'm not able to change anything in it. Is it possible to somebody help me on solving this problem? Thank you very much -- Bob Campos Have you tried doing a File - Repair, Bob? -- Michael Gor...

Page not found error when opening business portal
Hi We're trying to install Invoice Approvals and Accruals 8.0, sharepoint services sp2 and Business Portal 2.5 Feature Pack to work with Great Plains 8.0 We can install Sharepoint services and Invoice Approvals and Accruals ok and they work fine However, when we install Business Portal and browse to http://servername/sites/businessportal/ We receive a "page not found" error screen We've tried several things but nothing seems to work Sharepoint services is installed in server farm mode and has been configured correctly (as far as I can tell) Any help would be great...

80070490 Error: Windows update encountered an unknown error 03-04-10
3 security updates will not complete (now 4). Error Code 80070490 02-Mar-10 I am unable to do these three security updates: KB970238(release date 6/9/09), KB97451(release date 10/13/09), KB954155(release date 10/13/09), & KB975517(release date 10/13/09). The last succesful update was KB9937286 on 2/27/2010 I have a Compaq Presario PC: SR5214X. OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002 OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Compaq-Presario System Model GV441AA-ABA SR5214X System Type X86-based PC ...

Unable to send or receive email
I am unable to send or receive email. The test email that was sent when I set up my account worked fine, but I am not able to send or receive any email. When I compose a new message, there isn't a send button. Outlook works perfectly for other users on the same computer. I have disabled add ins one at a time but nothing seems to make a difference. I would appreciate any help. On 9 Jul, 05:54, marmievv <marmi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am unable to send or receive email. The test email that was sent when I > set up my account worked fine, but I am not a...

Trial Outlook -- unable to compose emails??
Simple question - confusing situation! I downloaded the trial version of Outlook 2003 to test it out. Everything seems great except it won't allow me to compose emails! That button/option is "faded" and inactive. I can't imagine this is intentional -- I can't really try out this trial version! Any thoughts/advice are very appreciated!!! Thank you! SH Well, If it's Outlook 2003 the odds are you aren't using a Mac - which is what this group is about. If you *are* using a Mac I'm surprised - make that stunned, amazed & impressed - that you were...

combo box list updating
Hi - I would like my combo box list to change base on the value of A1. That is, I have its input range being B1:F1 - "Year 1", " Year 2" etc. Example: -If cell A1 is the value "10" then the combo box default list item would be "Year 1" (which is cell "B1") -If cell A1 is the value "20" then the combo box default list item would be "Year 2" (which is cell "C1") ETC... Thanks for your help - Jim A ...

Using Excel to design business forms
I have been using excel hit and miss to design business forms. I have been pretty successful but in many places I have found myself doing many inelegant things to get stuff to layout. Is there a good place to start looking to see how this is done properly, as I have seen many well done forms produced in excel. ...

Unable to Print Timesheets in BP
We recently installed BP, PDK and Great Plains. We are experiencing significant difficulty in printing the beautiful looking timesheet that displays when hitting the "Print" button in Business Portal. The timesheet data basically bleeds off of the right hand side of the page even on legal. Has anyone experienced the same issue? We are required to submit timesheets to our customers withour invoices. I wish these were formated with the weeks in two one week rows rather than one two week period all the way accross. And that it fit on letter sized paper! What we currently ...

Outlook 2000
I'm having a strange Outlook issue and cannot figure it out for the life of me. Our mail server is Exchange 5.5 (can't recall the SP right now), and the Client is Outlook 2000 SR-1. The user can view his primary email box without any troubles, but also has access to another Exchange email box. He can view every folder in it except the Sent Items. The error it returns is "Unable to display the folder". What's strange is he can view the subfolder in Sent Items, no problem. I've configured his email on a different PC, and everything shows up fine, so I know ...

User Entity
Hi, I was wondering how others keep the User records in CRM updated with the Active Directory information like phone numbers, etc. Has anyone written a Windows Script to take this action or are you using other methods? Thank you ...

Automatically updating cells on other worksheets when data typed into primary sheet
I'm trying to create a workbook that will allow me to enter data on the first sheet and it will then append the data to a second sheet by automatically starting a new line. Example: I enter "This is a test" into A1 on sheet 1 First available line on sheet2 automatically updates with "This is a test" When it comes to enter something new in A1 on sheet1, same function above goes into action, accept it should be on the next available line which will be A2 on sheet2, as A1 is already used by previous data entry. Can this be done? I would appreciate any help with this. ...

CRM 3.0 SDK Web Services
Hi I am writing a small data migration tool to migrate account and contact data. I have approximate 1500 accounts and 6000 contacts to import to CRM 3.0. I finished the application and ran the data migration, I will able to migrate all of the account records without any problem at all. when I run the contact migration, it can migrate 2800 contact records when it get over 2800, my application throw me the following error message: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server. I am running CRM 3.0, SQL server and my data migration on the same server. I am wonder w...

Unable to Retrieve E-mail
After setting up Outlook 2003, I receive the following error message when retrieving my e-mail and do not recieve any of my mail... " Task 'Mary Rose Mail - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: +OK 48526 octets' " I can go to Yahoo and set up my POP to successfully retrieve my mail. Even when I test the e-mail account using the tester in Outlook, it says all is well. My ISP is at a loss. ...

Update Query based on Current Recordset
I have a continuous form with filtered records. I want to run an update query on a field in a table based on the current filtered records on the form. What code would I use to accomplish this task? Any help appreciated in getting me started. NEWER USER, Without a wee bit more information, like what are you trying to update, field names, table names, do you want this attached to a button or an event, etc... The best I can do is... UPDATE SomeTable SET SomeTable.SomeField= WhateverValue WHERE (((SomeTable.SomeOtherFied)=WhateverValue)); Of course, the above would be an ...

MS Small Business Manager and CRM
Does anyone know if there is a way to link MS Small Business Manager with CRM? We are planning on marketing both products. Thank You, Barry Sunshine 21cs Century Solutions ...

GPA and Small Business Financials
I know this isn't a Small Business Financials NG, but I couldn't find one . .. . and I figured this group would be familiar with SBF. I have a client who is still working in the old DOS version of Great Plains Accounting and they're wanting to migrate their data to something newer. I'm trying to find out if GPA data can be migrated to SBF (i.e. is a migration tool included?). Does anyone know? -- Brandon ================== Presentations Direct - http://www.presentationsdirect.com > Binding Machines http://www.presentationsdirect.com/binding-machines/gbc-bi...

Updating item properties.
We want to change the commission properties for items in our database, with different commission rate for different as below: Men’s Clothing – 2% Women’s Clothing – 2% Men’s Accessories – 1% Men’s Accessories – 1% And this will be a percent of sale. Is this done with an update query? It can be done with an SQL update query. How do you know if an item is men's acc... ? "Davidjc52" <Davidjc52@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C57AEFC9-2DEC-46C7-AD96-EE950322155E@microsoft.com... > We want to change the commission properties for items in our database...

Business Portal for Great Plains
Is this the right group for asking questions regarding the Microsoft Business Portal for Great Plains? If not can anyone recommend a good group/forum? thanks ~john Fire away -- Charles Allen, MVP "~john" wrote: > Is this the right group for asking questions regarding the Microsoft > Business Portal for Great Plains? If not can anyone recommend a good > group/forum? > > thanks > > ~john > > Here's a link the thread with my question... http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.greatplains/browse_thread/thread/8087e359b64746ef/5a28ef19...

Printing updated customer information on a Receipt
Hello all, I modified the receipt to print the customer's total number of visits and total amount spent (both from the customer record) at the bottom of the receipt. The problem is that it is always printing the values as they stand before the last transaction. Example: if I create a new customer, do a tranaction ($20) and print the receipt, the number of visits and amount spent will show as zero. When I do a second transaction the receipt will print the values (visits 1, amount spent $20) as they stand at the end of the first transaction. Does anyone know how I can force the receip...

Exchange 5.5 System Free/Busy objects left in Exchange 2003 since Migration.
Hi I hope somebody can help with this. I migrated our old Exchange 5.5 Org to Exchange 2003 last year and followed all the MS KB's about doing this. Since then we have switched to Native Mode 2003 and working fine. However we found that our AD infrastructure wasn't at its best and are currently deploying a new Domain. Now this is where the fun starts. While creating a new Exchange 2003 Org in the new Domain, we are replicating the Public/System Folders from the old Org and we have been getting some errors. On investigation we have found that there are redundant Free/Busy Schedule+ obj...

Unable to Add Passport Account
No matter how many times I try I just can't associate my Money file and account with my passport to get internet services turned on. How should I start to resolve this issue? Unless you plan on using background banking and using MSN, forget about Passport. You don't need it to download stock prices. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Arman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1015701c3f2ca$f4e304a0$a0...