Unable to update free/busy time

Hi there,

This morning I installed the Exchange 2000 post-sp3 rollup on our
small business server. Since then users have been getting messages
from Outlook saying that it can't update free/busy time on the server.
Prior to installing the rollup we did not get the errors.

I had a look at the event log on the server and it is filling up with
EventID: 1546 errors, the description is:

Workflow event sink error [event: OnSyncSave, URL:
<file://./backofficestorage/test.com.au/Public
Folders/NON_IPM_SUBTREE/SCHEDULE+ FREE
BUSY/EX:_xF8FF_o=DSPACE_xF8FF_ou=first administrative
group/USER-_xF8FF_CN=RECIPIENTS_xF8FF_CN=JOE.SMITH.EML>]: Access is
denied.

This event is followed by another 1546 event with the description :

Workflow event sink error [event: OnSyncSave, URL:
<file://./backofficestorage/test.com.au/Public
Folders/NON_IPM_SUBTREE/SCHEDULE+ FREE
BUSY/EX:_xF8FF_o=DSPACE_xF8FF_ou=first administrative
group/USER-_xF8FF_CN=RECIPIENTS_xF8FF_CN=JOE.SMITH.EML>]:
Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB
status value, if available. No work was done.

I assume there is some sort of permissions problem that is causing the
access denied but I checked the client permissions on the folder and
they are Default->Editor.

I get the workflow event sink errors from user accounts and also from
the system account (from people using OWA).

Has anybody seen similar or does anybody have some ideas as to what I
should check ?

Alan

macro to time limit workbook
Hello there, is there a way for a macro, or does someone have a macro to time limit a workbook, say three to five days. Similar to a 30 day trial limit. all help appreciated regards, Ditchy Hi Ditchy In its very simplest form (goes into the thisworkbook module): Private Sub Workbook_Open() If Date > DateSerial(2005, 5, 1) Then MsgBox "Trial period has expired", vbInformation Me.Saved = True Me.Close End If End Sub What you have to do is find ways to - ensure that macros are enabled by the user (usually done by making the file worthless without macros), - register ...

Outlook Express Visual C++ Runtime Library Run-Time Error
I have a friend who's using Outlook Express 6 and is getting an "abnormal program termination" error whenever he attempts to attach a graphic file within Outlook Express. He reports that it works fine when using the Explorer shell to call OE. My friend has WinXP Home. Any advice? Jay ...

Can Update Office 11.0
I am trying to give Office a whirl on my powerbook however I need to upgrade to 11.1 for it to work with my ofices Lotus Notes e-Mail. When I try upgrading I get the 11002:2,-14 error I've heard talked about in this newsgroup. I've tried all the suggestions but still no luck. I tried repairing permisions, re-installing, turning of Entourage notifications. Nothing works! Please help. Haven't a clue. Previous threads didn't offer anything? Try re-downloading the update. Maybe previous updates haven't been run yet. Use Help | Check for Updates and let it tell you what...

Convert time stored as decimalised number to time format
Hello How can I convert 3.5 hours to 3:30:00? -- Emma Emma A1/24 and formate as time Mike Rogers "Emma" wrote: > Hello > How can I convert 3.5 hours to 3:30:00? > -- > Emma ...

Text to Columns from drop down list update
Hi I need to perform a Text to Column conversion from a drop down list, but I also need the extracted value to be updated if the value in the list is changed. eg: Drop down list has 2 values: 1. 4x16K 2. 8x8K If the user selects 1 I can easily extract out to another cell the value 1 using Text to columns, however if the user then changes the choice to 2 the text to columns extraction is not updated to 2. Is there a way to update changes in the original cell using text to columns? Or is there another way I can assign a value to a drop down menu choice in a different cell while havi...

Date and time onto a form
Hi, I am designing a form that my client would like the date and time automatically recorded in a field and stored so that when they refer back it shows when the record was done. The 'NOW' function only shows the current date & time and keeps updating. Is there a way of putting the 'NOW' value into a field, then locking it so it doesn't change when the record is reopened. Hope that makes sense! Kazlou The form stores data in a table. You need to add a date/time field to your table to record the date and time a record was last updated. 1. Open the table in desig...

Configuration restarts each time an Office module is opened
Hi All I am going quite mad. I have installed Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 on one Vista notebook. Well and good. I try it on another notebook, register it successfully and now each time I open Word it tries to perform a setup again, with a Configuration Progress dialogue popping up. A few decades later Word appears. There is absolutely no indication what the problem may be. Any ideas are welcome. Cheers Andre Never mind. Problem solved. The registry needed manual editing. "J Andr´┐Ż Labuschagn´┐Ż" <technical@eduadmin.com> wrote in messa...

Where free 2 sigma statistical process control chart, free?
where can I download a free statistical process control chart template? ...

Keeping the format but update the data
I have a report I run everyday. I want to update the data, but keep the column sizes and formatting. Any suggestions? Anybody suggest a good ebook to become more formuliar with excel? JoeM JoeM, this could be as simple as recording a macro during the formatting of the sheet after importing the data once. Then each day, after importing the new data, you simply run that macro. As for online eBook's for Excel, I'm not actually aware of any although I suspect a Google search would turn up several. It's hard to beat the "For Dummies..." series of hardcopy...

Can't connect after updates.
I downloaded the two software updates and now I can't connect with Live ID. Anyone one else have this problem? I am actually experiencing the same issue. I just installed, it said that there were updates available which I installed and now I can not connect from within money... I am using vista, not sure if that is part of the problem or not... "Jakryk" wrote: > I downloaded the two software updates and now I can't connect with Live ID. > Anyone one else have this problem? I'm using Vista also. I've reinstalled Money and I cancel the updates. It happen...

not enough memory or disk space to display or print the picture after 1st time

Experts Challenge: MAPI is unable to access Public Folder store items
Goodday to all of you, I have crosspost my messages to several newsgroups. Reason for this is that my previous posts to different newsgroups did not solve the problem. Maybe if I crosspost, there will be an expert that has a solution. Also I am not sure to which group I should post my problem. Maybe this post long-winded, do not see at as material for a novel!!! - I am just trying to explain the exact TERRIBLE situation! ---- ---- ---- ---- I am experiencing a problem with our Public Folder Store. All my users are not be able to access e-mail items in the Public Folders using their Outlo...

Business Portal Req Management
It would nice to display vendor name and Gl descripition when adding requisition lines. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=79a610a0-cc0e-42ae-971d-8475ebe909d...

Unable to delete public folder in Exch 5.5
I have 2 exch server 5.5 sp3 under same Org and Site container. 1 of the public folder was created in server b. But server b crashed and left is server a. Even though in the Outlook we can still see the public folder, but in the server a, the public folder does not exist coz it was hosted in server b. I could not delete it and the message says - 'Unable to display the folders.The contents of this public folder is currently unavailable. Either the Microsoft Exch Server computer servicing this public folder is down or the public folder has not been replicated to this site' Anyone ...

Business Contact Manager #33
Is anyone else experiencing ongoing problems with Business Contact Manager/Outlook 03. It operates ok then for no reason it just crashes & burns. Where can i go for help? agreed! it has never worked well for me either! I need to uninstall and reinstall about 1/mo. Thought I would find some answers here, but no luck. I am going to check for updates >-----Original Message----- >Is anyone else experiencing ongoing problems with >Business Contact Manager/Outlook 03. It operates ok then >for no reason it just crashes & burns. Where can i go for >help? >. > i...

Frustrated Beyond Measure
I loved Money 2005, recommended it to friends and got 2 great years of use out of it. Then, it forced me to upgrade to continue online services. I didn't mind since it was only $40 and I got two good years out of it. However, Money Plus Deluxe has been a nuisance. I have never gotten portfolio manager to work. I spent 2 weeks sending emails with support where the guy eventually said "if this doesn't work, I can't help you." Great... shoudl I go buy Quicken? This weekend, I decided to try to completely uninstall Money and try a reinstall to get Portfolio Manag...

CRM Time Error
Hi, The dates stored in the DB in sql Server is diffent, from when you browse it throghe IE. Correct dates shows in IE, but not in SQL DB. I am generating a Birthday Reminder which is not coming in the correct date since time in DB is Incorrect. Please Help..... Irshard Zahir Hi Irshard, The dates in the database are converted to the local date of the user. The problem can be tackeled by using the CRM SDK. Hopefully this works if not please let me know. Regards, Ron "Irshard" <Irshard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E7A1EC9-87E7-4B8D-8F0F-B7CFE9...

Try that critical update from the Microsoft
--cvopnkiwnuksx Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="euamswwo"; type="multipart/alternative" --euamswwo Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="qcidyxbg" --qcidyxbg Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help protect your computer from ...

Updating MS Office 98 for Mac to newer MS Office version & other questions
Hi! I have a Mac iBook with a Power PC G3 Processor, Disk Cache: 4096k, Virtual Memory 129 MB, Built-In Memory 128 MB, Machine Speed 600MHz (so it says in the system profiler...I don't really know what all this means and if someone has an easy explanation, I'd appreciate it). Though it came with OSX, I have been running it on OS 9.2 because I purchased Microsoft Office 98 for Mac (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) back in 1999 for my last Mac (a desktop), so I loaded it onto this iBook when I got it. My question is, can I qualify for an update of MS Office? From browsing the web I noticed ther...

unable to send email #4
I am receiving error message, "A TCP/IP error occurred while trying send data to the server. (Error number 0x800ccc13). Can anyone provide any assistance to resolve this issue/ Thank you so much! Hi, Could you be more specific about the account type and the version ofOutlook etc ...??? Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Moises" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:537701c3ffd4$8fac4fd0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I am receiving error message, "A TCP/IP error occurred > while trying send data to the server. (Error number...

Free/Busy data setting in OWA
We implemented Exchange 2003 and pushed a client setting to all users to extend the number of months available in free/busy to 12 months with a group policy. It works fine if everyone is using the outlook client when they are in the office. But, if a user works at home one day or goes to a conference and does anything that updates the free/busy data, the OWA overwrites the users free/busy data setting it back to 2 months of free/busy available. Where can I set the free/busy data number of months available, in OWA? Is it a policy setting? On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 13:54:01 -0800, SKS <sks...

Restoring Business Portal 4.0 and SharePoint Services 3.0
We are in the middle of trying to restore Business Portal 4.0 and SharePoint Services 3.0 from one environment to another( Dev to TEST). This includes GP data as well. The Business Portal Dev server points to a GP dev server and the I am wondering if anyone else does this? I think we have it pretty much solved. But there a couple things still not working quite right. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks Scott, Thanks for using the newsgroups. What you're doing is quite common. Customers often set up Business Portal in a test environment and verify prior to going live. Int...

How to stop outlook resending attachments multiple times
When I send an email with an attachment, it will send several times before I manually have to stop it. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to rectify the problem? "fisco" <fisco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F793C1E7-AE4D-45F7-BCA6-98C570F2F915@microsoft.com... > When I send an email with an attachment, it will send several times before > I > manually have to stop it. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to > rectify > the problem? Sorry, but this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product tha...

stange folder after install updates
hello, I've some computers with XP SP3 which after install some updates appear "strange folders". For example there're some folders in c: called: 6ac86d2ad9be93fc0f0ded or 22553c8e848b459d87bc49 I think that these folder are created when the installation on the update fails but my problem is in order to delete them I have to put myself as propietary of the folder manually, Is there any way to delete them automatically? sgr wrote: :: hello, :: :: I've some computers with XP SP3 which after install some updates :: appear "strange folders". F...

Error at Startup (Unable to open dictionaries)
I've just installed GP 8.0 on a new OS running WinXP. I've copied all of the files from the previous workstation (Win2k) to the new. I've also set up an ODBC connection for the client. After doing these two things I can finaly open GP & get the login screen correctly. However, not before getting 3 error messages. 1. Unable to open dictionary :C:PROGRA~1/MICROS-4/GREATP~1/CFM.DIC. 2. Same error different file /CFMFORM.DIC 3. Same error different file /CFMRPTS.DIC The files are listed in the GP directory. Not sure what I've done incorrectly as this is my first time i...