Unable to switch to native mode

I am trying to convert from Mixed to Native mode using the steps in Q272314.
Our environment is 4 sites that were upgraded from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange
2k3 and we have moved all mailboxes, public folders to the new servers. I
have followed all the steps in the Q article above and made sure that all
recipient CA's were removed. I've removed all the Directory Replication
Connectors (except ADNAutoDRC) When I get to the final Step 11 and 12 I get
an error that the "SRS is function9ing as the bridgehead for one or more
directory replication connectors and cannot be deleted." ID No. c1037d3b

I am at a loss...
0
kevdmcse (3)

"kevdmcse" <kevdmcse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am trying to convert from Mixed to Native mode using the steps in Q272314.
>Our environment is 4 sites that were upgraded from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange
>2k3 and we have moved all mailboxes, public folders to the new servers. I
>have followed all the steps in the Q article above and made sure that all
>recipient CA's were removed. I've removed all the Directory Replication
>Connectors (except ADNAutoDRC) When I get to the final Step 11 and 12 I get
>an error that the "SRS is function9ing as the bridgehead for one or more
>directory replication connectors and cannot be deleted." ID No. c1037d3b
>
>I am at a loss...

Remove the SRS from the Exchange System Manager.

XADM: Preparing a Mixed Mode Organization for Conversion to Native
Mode [272314]

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Unable to update
Outlook 2002 / XP I know this appears to be a sproadic problem for many but I can't find the solution. Error message - 'Unable to update public free/busy data.' Trying not to gum up this ng, I have searched MS KB, web sites, and this ng history but the solutions I have found do not help. These include using the clear(?) switch when opening Outlook Checking the Calendar Options|Free/Busy options (no check marks) I found one reference to registry changes but no guidance This problem did not occur until I switched the Default pst (I use 2) used when opening Outlook. Any ideas ...

Setup was unable to find an instance of the Microsoft CRM
I realize that this question has been asked before, i've made sure i've been compliant as the other posts have suggested, although i may have one additional wrinkle that i have seen addressed elsewhere. I may be missing something... My statistics: 1. Win 2K, 2. I am set up as an administrator 3. I have set up the client license 4. I am able to access the web-based client once i disabled the pop-up blocker I can also ping the crm web site 5. I am trying to access the server over a VPN connection rather than connected locally - one thing one post brought up - if i attempt to acc...

Not enough memory/Unable to save external link values
Hi, I'm getting two errors when closing Excel. First "Not enough memory" then "Unable to save external link values". I can understand the second one - I have a lot of links and since the are formulae, the values wouldn't be retained anyway. The file size is 439kb, and I've got plenty left on my hard drive. Th machine does appear to be saving something despite the message. Th file is currently open, am I safe to close it? What should I do? Bertie -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I have the same problem. Found this answer on another post (s...

Corporate/Workgroup mode
I have two users on my computer. If I change one user account to corporate/workgroup mode, does it also change the other user to the same? I would like to have POP3 for one userand corporate/workgroup for another. Please advise and thank you. Clarify what you want to do, your Outlook version and what you mean by "user account." Outlook has not used separate modes for nearly 10 years. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <cosmicmiami@gmail.com> wrote in message news:5f56486f-8343-429b-932b-d1925a79d3bb@b1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... >I have two users on my computer. If I c...

My cursor always in selection mode,wat about other cursor option
My cursor in excel is in standard type ,when i place the cursor below the right side of the cell it doesn't its cursor option to (+) this symbol so i cant able to make a series via cursor mode Do you see the little autofill button at the bottom right corner of the selected cell? If no, then in xl2003 menus: tools|Options|edit tab|check "allow cell drag and drop" If yes, I don't don't have a guess. Deepu wrote: > > My cursor in excel is in standard type ,when i place the cursor below the > right side of the cell it doesn't its cursor...

strcpy not work in Unicode mode
Hi all, i have a var with TCHAR type, like that TCHAR sz[MAX_PATH]; // ... strcpy(sz, "Hello"); // ... it get error ? How to fix it? Thanks Use _tcscpy instead. Also use _T prefix, eg _T("hello"). Keep in mind that using CString for this kind of work is much easier. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Duy Trinh (Mr.)" <duy.trinh@mobinex.com> wrote in message news:ubL4r28$GHA.4844@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > i have a var with TCHAR type, like that > > TCHAR sz[MAX_PATH]; > > // ... > strcpy(sz, "H...

AD GAL not syncing with exchange 2003 cached exchange mode
exchange 2000 with exchange 2003 cached exchange mode clients.... when i add new users to the active directory they aren't seen in outlook 2003 cached exchange mode address book for like a day and a half...even if i force sync the address book... whatsup with that? By default, Exchange 200x will only rebuild the offline address book once a day (something like 4 or 5 in the morning). Outlook 2003 in cached mode will only download the offline address book once every 24 hours (varies based on users connectivity). If you are adding a bunch of users and Outlook 2003 needs to see it lik...

Unable to reach HTTPS links in Outlook
Hello All other links are fine, but the ones that try to get to https links will not have it Any idea appreciated Thanks ...

Unable to read file message
When I try to open a (my most important) excel file, I am getting the message 'Unable to read file'. I have tried saving it to disk and opening it on Win98 (I have xp thinking maybe it was something to do with the OS (I read something like that somewhere on the 'net). Any ideas? Has this happened to anyone, and with successfu resolution? Thank you in advance.... Sa -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > When I try to open a (my most important) excel file, I am getting the > message 'Una...

Unable to connect to online quote server... AGAIN!
I can't get quotes again this morning. Anybody else? Just opened Money...same here. Only happens when the markets up. <g.m.cox.mail@gmail.com> wrote in message news:fbe1ee53-01df-4e30-88b4-58c8c1146c33@w35g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... >I can't get quotes again this morning. Anybody else? I also have been having trouble connecting!! <g.m.cox.mail@gmail.com> wrote in message news:fbe1ee53-01df-4e30-88b4-58c8c1146c33@w35g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... >I can't get quotes again this morning. Anybody else? What version of Money? Or is this directly on the MSN ...

Cached Exchange Mode and Moving Mailboxes
I am moving users from a Exchange 2000 to an Exchange 2003 Server. After the mailboxs are moved, about half of the users using Outlook 2003 in cached mode cannot connect to the new server. We have to manualy go in and change the server name in Outlook. The users not using cached mode are fine. Has anyone come across this? "Dennis Romito" <DennisRomito@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D85A15FF-AFFD-4778-8641-72A9E5B0E5E4@microsoft.com... >I am moving users from a Exchange 2000 to an Exchange 2003 Server. After >the > mailboxs are moved, about hal...

unable to generate voucher number
We are getting an error message everytime we open Payables, Transaction Entry. "Unable to generate voucher number". You can't close the transaction entry window, you can't delete or clear so we end up ctrl-alt-del to get out of Dynamics. We are running Dynamics GP 9.0. Any one else ever run in to this? We have voucher numbers set up in the payables system, and the next number to use seems valid. -- grace Grace, You say "seems valid", have you verified this? Run the following query against your database: select * from pm00400 where cntrlnum = (select n...

Unable to open address book #2
I downloaded sasser worm patch and installed a Microsoft Office 2003 on my computer and my Outlook Express address book was lost. Reinsatll Outlook Express? The software doesn't appear available at Microsoft's web site and since it was bundled with the computer purchase (Dell Windows XP). http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/files/wab.htm The Windows Address Book (WAB) http://home.comcast.net/~jimpickering/ Address Book (WAB) Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-DTS -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!" KVOA Tele...

Losing sheet protection in read only mode
Hi I have a workbook with 8 sheets which are all protected by a password (the same one) When i open the workbook normally, all sheets are protected, however if someone else has the workbook open and i open it in read only mode, the first sheet only is unprotected.(the rest are still protected) Can anyone shed any light on this problem? Paul. ...

unable to send from word 2002
unable to send to from word 2002 with outlook 98 any fix thanks No -- versions must match. "vendforu@yahoo.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:121601c4a05e$3cfc3c70$a601280a@phx.gbl... > unable to send to from word 2002 with outlook 98 > > > > any fix > > > thanks ...

Error in receiving mail mode
Hello, When I open outlook express 6, it tries to receive mail, but after a minute the following error pops up "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'bruce', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F". Does anyone know what the problem could be? Thanks in advance, Bruce This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. F...

unable to type in message body of new email
Connecting to Exchange 2003 server via https://mail.mydomain.com/exchange. Running IE 8 and Windows 7. I can login fine and read email, but when i click on the "New" button to create a new email, I am unable to type any text in the message body. Just a small red square in the upper left corner of the message body. I believe this has something to do with DHTML because when i connect with an XP machine running IE8 and create a "New" email, it comes up with the popup bar at the top saying "Click here to add this Dynamic HTML add-on/Active X control"...

Outlook unable to save print settings
I have a Outlook user that, when she chooses to print via File, print I get the following message; Unable to save the print settings. Make sure that c:\winnt\microsoft\outlook\outlprnt exists and can be written to". It she clicks on the print icon within outlook it prints fine. I have verified the file and user rights. Any ideas are welcome! ...

MSCRMEmail: Unable to read data from the transport connection
Here is the error log #61042 - An error occurred while processing the outgoing e-mail message with subject "[CRM|New Lead] Supply Chain Event Leads from MS Dynamics CRM:0001482" for SMTP: http://justkeyindev/BSG for delivery through smtp.bizmail.yahoo.com. System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Failure sending mail. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host at System.Net.Sock...

Unable to save .GIf files in Outlook 03
How do I save .gif files in outlook 03? I can see it, if I try to save it it saves as .bmp. I can however save .gif files in Outlook Express? This is because they are embedded. You can get them out with some VBA. A step by step can be found here; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/saveembeddedpictures.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Tink" <Tink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:319CF1DD-9A18-495E-89AD-212DA97BF051@microsoft.c...

write protect/write redirect/kios mode
Hey, I LOVE snapshots in virtualmachines and think it would be awesome to have something like this for my main windows install. Anyone know of any hardware/software to redirect writes to another drive/file/memory/hardware? Or hardware to write protect a drive for kios's (i found some once befor the reverted all changes on shutdown, but cant find it anymore ><) I know VSS(virtual shadow copy service) has a function to redirect on write and wondering if i might be able to use that :/ It will just make everything cleaner, and give alot of flexiblity to setting up ...

Switching between multiple open windows
I ran across an option to change how to switch between multiple open windows on my desktop. It was an option to choose between hovering over a window or clicking on it. Thinking that only having to hover over a window to switch to it would save time, I selecting the option to hover... big mistake as it just became a big pain in the a_ _ for me. Now I would like to change back to one-clicking to change between viewed windows but can't remember or find where the option is located. Any help will be appreciated. -- rushl On 2/03/10, rushl posted: > I ran across an opti...

Unable to get word files to work with windows computers
Hello, I have a quick question. I have word for my mac and I need to share word files with people who have word on windows computers. Is this possible? When I send them the file, they cannot open it. If it is possible to share, am I doing something wrong? Make sure the file has the .doc extension. There's no difference in the Word file format (since Word 97), so it's most likely a question of how the attachment is encoded by the email program. My Mac email program, Entourage, has this to say in Help: About attachment encodings When you choose an encoding format, it is helpful to u...

Enabled cached mode Outlook client always can't establish session with Exchange 2003 server.
Enabled cached mode Outlook client always can't establish session with Exchange 2003 server. My Exchange server is running 2003 with service pack 2; and Outlook version is 2007 with service pack 2. Recently, I don't know why enabled cached mode Outlook client always can��t establish session with Exchange 2003 server, but online mode haven't problem. This is Outlook client problem? Exchange 2003 server problem? Network problem? Anyone have same experience can share to me? Thank you very much. ...

Unable to View Contacts in Address Book
I am having a heck of a time moving off an old machine and setting up Outlook on a new machine. I moved the .pst file from the old to the new machine and it seemed to go OK ... I can see the mail folders and messages as they were on the old machine and I can see the Contacts [although somehow I ended up with three(!) Personal Folders ... each of which point to the files/folders in the .pst folder I moved over]. In any event, my biggest problem now is getting the Contacts that are included in the .pst file to show up when I display the Address Book. When I open the Address Book I see ...