Unable to send e-mails with attachments

Out of the blue a couple weeks ago out Exchange Server
stopped allowing new e-mails to be sent with attachments.

Server throws the following error in the Event Log:

EventID: 1160 Source: MSExchangeIS Message: "Database
resource failure error Out of memory occurred in function
JTAB_BASE::EcUpdate while accessing the database. "

On the Client (Outlook 2002) it throws a message Box: "The
operation failed."

Our setup is a Dual site setup where our server (the slave
server) is the one having the issues. The Main site server
does not exhibit these symptoms. As far as I can tell
there is no restriction in place on sending of attachments
in either site's configuration.

Users can still forward e-mails with attachments and
receive e-mails with attachments.

There is plenty of disk space available for all drives
that contain Exchange data. (Available space on C: drive
is over 1.2GB free space and the other drive all have more
space available.)

Any clues? I'm at wits end here.
0
wow1 (2)

"David Chubb" <wow@wyrdone.org> wrote in news:1201c01c3f653$71c4d7b0
$a301280a@phx.gbl:

> EventID: 1160 Source: MSExchangeIS Message: "Database
> resource failure error Out of memory occurred in function
> JTAB_BASE::EcUpdate while accessing the database. "

This is definitely a problem with the database. Search the knowledge
base at Microsoft with the above error. You'll likely need to do some
repairs. Be sure you have tested backups first.

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
Exchange MVP

junk mail filter doesn't work with rules?
Hello, I receive mail from many pop3 accounts and mailing lists. I use rules to organize the mail within my mailbox. One problem I am having is that the junk mail filter does not screen mail that is affected by the rules. So for instance, I get an email from some alternate account that I have. The mail comes in and gets picked up by the rule and moved to the appropriate folder. When this happens, the junk mail filter never checks the message. Only mail left in the Inbox is screened. Can someone help figure out how to make this work or does anyone have a workaround? I'd hate to ...

Inbox send/receive syncronizing

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

Attachments in Outlook 98
Hi there, my Organisation are using Exchange 5.5 SP4 and the client is Outlook 98. A mail is sent from an external source into our Organisation to 10 people. The mail has an XLS attached. For some reason 9 of the recipients get the attachment but the last one has no attachment and no reference to it in the mail she receives. I've checked all the Outlook settings I can think of, but am puzzled as to why this happens - checking the imc data from our Exchange I see that the correct RFC headers are present and that the user has the same reference as all the others in the header. Anyone any ide...

Setting up a new e-mail account

Replying to an Outlook e-mail

Sending Email #6

Unable to sort on customer CRM 4.0