The error is

Sent: 2/9/2005 10:18 AM

  lasantha@gmail.com on 2/9/2005 10:36 AM
  The recipient could not be processed because it would violate the security
policy in force
  <abc.com#5.7.0 smtp;552 5.7.0 Illegal Attachment>

I use ISA 2000 as my firewall and I have enabled SMTP filering. But it is
not configured to block .zip files.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Lakmal

--
Luk
0

Looks like a gmail security setting, as I just tried to send a .zip file to
my gmail account and got the same message back.  I didn't know they blocked
zip files.  :)

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

For Exchange news, links, and tips, check:
http://www.msexchangeblog.com

"Lakmal" <Lakmal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I use an exchange server 2003 in my organization. The attachment size is
set
> to 5MB. When I try to send a mail with 800KB .zip attachment to a google
> account, it gets returned
>
> The error is

> Sent: 2/9/2005 10:18 AM

>   lasantha@gmail.com on 2/9/2005 10:36 AM
>   The recipient could not be processed because it would violate the
security
> policy in force
>   <abc.com#5.7.0 smtp;552 5.7.0 Illegal Attachment>
>
> I use ISA 2000 as my firewall and I have enabled SMTP filering. But it is
> not configured to block .zip files.
>
> Any ideas?
> Thanks
> Lakmal
>
> --
> Luk

0
neil.hobson (1158)
2/9/2005 9:05:58 AM
Thanks Neil. I guess thats the reason. But I was able to send a .zip
attachment from another google acoount to the intended google account. Seems
like they allow it :)

"Neil Hobson [MVP]" wrote:

> Looks like a gmail security setting, as I just tried to send a .zip file to
> my gmail account and got the same message back.  I didn't know they blocked
> zip files.  :)
>
> --
> Neil Hobson
> Exchange MVP

0
LakmalMCP (2)

Re: Can�t send/recive mail
Below is the log. I will try to search the net for how to use the information in it... I would appreciate if any Outlook Pro on the list could help me out here... Regards /Oscar ***** BEGIN opmlog.log***** 2005.02.15 20:43:53 <<<< Logging Started (level is LTF_TRACE) >>>> 2005.02.15 20:43:53 Resource manager terminated 2005.02.15 20:44:17 <<<< Logging Started (level is LTF_TRACE) >>>> 2005.02.15 20:44:17 Test2: Synch operation started (flags = 00000001) 2005.02.15 20:44:17 Test2: UploadItems: 0 messages to send 2005.02.15 20:44:17 Test2: Syn...

Attaching Production Server Fails
In PowerShell doing the second part of the manual agent install and I receive this message when doing the Attach Server section. C:\Program Files\Microsoft DPM\DPM\bin\Attach-ProductionServer.ps1 : Exception of type 'Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException' was thrown. I did not give the FQDN in the prompts. Firewalls are turned off on both server and client machine. File and Print Sharing is enabled on the network interfaces. What am I missing. Please phrase your response in a way a semi intelligent cactus could understand it. Thank you. Please pas...

cannot receive mail, delete mail, or send mail. get an error message.
Now I know why I switch between Outlook Express and Outlook: Both cease to function at one point in time. In Outlook 2000, I cannot receive mail; I cannot delete mail; I cannot use the calendar function. Here are the messages: When I click receive mail, I get: C:Windows\ApplicationData\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst could not be accessed.access denied. and: (Account:'incoming.verizon.net',PPO3server:'incoming.verizo n.net',error number:0x800040116). I cannot delete. I get the following message:C:Windows\ApplicationData\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook ..pst could not be accessed...

Unable to display in contact list, and when sorting using different field in inbox
Recently I have installed a new exchange 2003 server. My old Exchange 2003 server was having some problem so I moved all the mailbox from this old server to the new server. After I have done the replication of public folder to the new server, I shutdown the old exchange server. Immediately I find that I cannot view all the contacts folder, only "There are no items to show in this view. Double click here to create a new Contact." Sorry, click the send icon carelessly. I find that I cannot view all the contacts folder, only "There are no items to show in this view. Double cl...

Send Message(string) c# exe to vc++ exe(unmanaged) using WindowsSendMessage
I tried followinf but working fine fo int but how to do it for string using user custome message in c# [DllImport("User32.dll")] public static extern int FindWindow(string strClassName,string strWindowName); [DllImport("User32.dll")] public static extern Int32 SendMessage( int hWnd, // handle to destination window int Msg, // message int wParam, // first message parameter [MarshalAs(UnmanagedType.LPStr)] string lParam); public const int WM_APP = 0x8000; public const int WM_DELETEALL =WM_APP + 0x100; int wnd=FindWindow(null,"TestMfcSendMsgExe"); For...

No Direct Send Option With Ex 2003?
In Exchange 2000, I thought there was an option to use a Smart Host if directly sending SMTP did not work. It looks like there is no such option in Exchange 2003, it looks as if you can only use a Smart Host or not use a Smart Host. Did I miss something? Thanks. localhost <primpilus@cohort.ces> wrote: >In Exchange 2000, I thought there was an option to use a Smart Host if >directly sending SMTP did not work. It looks like there is no such >option in Exchange 2003, it looks as if you can only use a Smart Host >or not use a Smart Host. Did I miss something? Create a S...

granting send as
Hello I have followed the following articles; http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327000 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;327174 However we ae unable to grant the user Send As permissions. Whenevr the user tries to reply tot he message the receive ane rror stating that they do not have Send on Behalf Of rights. Our exchange server is 2003, 2000 domain and the client is using Outlook 2000. If we grant Behalf Of rights then they can reply to the message, but on Behalf Of and not just a reply from taht mailbox. The user does have multiple mailboxes open and the mailbox i...

OL2000: Selecting "send page by e-mail" or "send link by e-mail" in Internet Explorer locks Outlook until message is sent
In Internet Explorer: File -> Send -> Page by E-mail / Link by E-mail. This will open a new message in Outlook. However, the user cannot leave this message open and do other work in Outlook - Outlook behaves as if this new message was a dialog box. This is very annoying. On another note, when selecting the "Page by E-mail" option, Outlook creates a .htm attachment of the web page when plain text is set as the default mail option instead of creating a HTML message. Outlook should let the user choose. Outlook Express creates a HTML message in this case. ...

Unable to start debugging on the web server.
I am running on a Vista ultimate 64/SP1, with vs2008/sp1. In vs2008 I created a new WCF Serivce Application project. Didn't change a thing, compiled and tried to run. Unable to start debugging... Yes debug has been set in the web.config From project properties/web I set the project to use the local IIS web server, and set the start page. Same result. Signed the project. same result. Changed to a known working application pool. same result. OK, I am stuck. Any ideas on how to get this to work? -- Scott Norberg Just some more information. If I start the project without debugging...

12.1.5 update
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3321542333_1888889 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Ok. I�ve tried everything. I have a legal, registered copy of 12.1.0, running on a Macbook Pro running OS X 10.5.6, but try as I might I cannot update to 12.1.5. The update process, after downloading this massive �patch� fails to find a legal copy of my software! (I am writing this on Entourage, which crashed once already during writing this)...

unable to send emails
I have gone to Peru South America from Australia, where I live, and since I arrived in Peru I am unable to send emails. The message error is: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Relaying denied. IP name possibly forged [201.240.153.35] I guess I have to change some info in the email configuration: outgoing mail server? beddelda wrote: > I have gone to Peru South America from Australia, where I live, and since I > arrived in Peru I am unable to send emails. > > The message error is: > > Your message did not reach some ...

Unable to remove Calendar, Contact folders from Mail pane..
How do I remove unwanted folders i.e. Calendars, Contacts, Task, Calendars & M/S Office Online from Favorite Mail pane in Outlook...which are not supposed to be there in the first place? I have no idea how they got there and it's driving me crazy! HELP! BK This would indicate a corruption of your Navigation Pane. To reset it you'll have to start Outlook with the resetnavpane switch; Start-> Run; outlook.exe /resetnavpane (note the space in the command) -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-ou...

Email Attachment file names
I am brand new to MS Exchange and trying to get the file names of attachments from sent files. I managed to linked to the Exchange Server via MS Access 2000 however I didn't see a field with the attachment file name, just a flag indicating if a file was attached or not. Where/how can I get that information? Thanks in advance. I don't believe that information is available in the message tracking logs. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "DavidH" <david.hallidy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1160574693.996...

How to send emails as someone else without email showing on behalf of
We are having a really hard time with this issue. We have followed the direction in this Microsoft article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327000, and when the users send the message it still shows at (on behalf of). What could we be missing? Any suggestions? Make sure "associated external user" is not checked or set to anything on an enabled user. You only set this on disabled users. If there is data in MSexchMasterAccountSID for an enabled user, Exchange considers this an invalid configuration and all sorts of things break. <katieacoakl@yahoo.com> wrote in message ...

Attachments launch
Each time I double click to open a MS Outlook attachment or a file from Explorer my XP opens up an install routine to try to load MS XP on my latop. I have to cancel...default to the initial MS Excel, Word, PPT, or MPP screen and then select the file from the File Folder drop down. How do I get my Outlook to open my attachments? ...

cannot send or receive more than 3 attachments
We use exchange 2000 server. Nobody can send or receive more than 3 attachments, no matter how small the files/attachments are. Here's the error generated: Your e-mail message to <username@userdoman.com> with the subject 'test', has exceeded the maximum number of allowe e-mail attachments for this e-mail server, and has not been delivered. Please re-send with 4 or less e-mail attachments. Please help! ...

"Send To" question
Using WindowsXP explorer, select a file, right click -> Send To -> Mail Recipient. Outlook launches new mail message with attachment & a default message: The message is ready to be sent with the following file or link attachments: <attached filename> Note: To protect against computer viruses, e-mail programs may prevent sending or receiving certain types of file attachments. Check your e-mail security settings to determine how attachments are handled. How to remove or change this message? Searched all of C:\ for text string �Note: To protect against comput...

Send Using button
I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003. I have 4 email accounts set up. When I send mail, the "Accounts" button shows all of my accounts, but the "Send Using" button has nothing in the drop down list. How do I get accounts to show on the Send Using drop down list? Thanks. I don't think Outlook 2003 uses a Send Using button any more. It only features the Account button/dropdown "Mitchell" <Mitchell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD4A06AF-46D3-4E7D-81D0-AD776869DF8E@microsoft.com... >I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003. I have...

Zipped archive db
I want to demo a database to a client tomorrow. I saved the db by right clicking it and creating an archive previously. What I want to know is on most PC's if I bring it on a flash drive will the zipped file automatically open once it is clicked on my clients machine or do I have to get a program to unstuff it? Sorry I'm PC challenged. Thanks, On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 21:19:35 -0700, Janis Rough <JLRough@sbcglobal.net> wrote: >I want to demo a database to a client tomorrow. I saved the db by right >clicking it and creating an archive previously. What I want to know is on...

Can visio 2003 open zip files?
I'm downloading some visio colllections from visiocafe.com . These collections all come as .zip files. Can Visio read these compressed files automatically? -- Stefan Lasiewski http://stefanco.com unfortunately not, al "Stefan Lasiewski" <StefanLasiewski@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:261B8AC4-8B9C-4678-ABB5-B6D2AD6BC7D9@microsoft.com... > I'm downloading some visio colllections from visiocafe.com . These > collections all come as .zip files. > > Can Visio read these compressed files automatically? > > -- > Stefan Lasiewski...

unintentionally sending multiple copies
A friend asked me the following - any suggestions appreciated (he's using Outlook, not express) "Often when we send emails with attachments, the message gets stuck in the outbox and sends multiple times (until we physically delete it from the outbox). It seems to happen when the attachment is > 1MB. Do you know what causes this?" Tal <goer2u4@hotmail.com> wrote: > A friend asked me the following - any suggestions appreciated (he's > using Outlook, not express) > > "Often when we send emails with attachments, the message gets stuck > in t...

send/receive
I have just started using XP on a new computer. When I open Outlook (which takes longer than with 98) I have to click on the send/receive. Why? Also, beside my account name on the XP login it continues to display 1 unread message, but there aren't any to open. Help! Have you got Send Immediately checked, this is located Tools > Options > Mail Setup. As for the Unread mail try an Advanced Find for Unread items in that folder "Celia" <celia.phelps@ca.acatris.ca> wrote in message news:0a1d01c355d0$b0e23880$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have just started using XP on a...

Unable to Send Messages After Reconnecting to the Network
How can I get rid of the following errors when I reconnect from home via wireless DSL - I already have Office XP - SP2 installed: Unable to Send Messages After Reconnecting to the Network After you disconnect from the network and then reconnect, you are unable to send messages. you receive the following error message: Task "Microsoft Exchange Server - Sending" reported error (0x80040115): "The operation could not be completed because you are working offline or because of an error on the network. Try to connect to the network again, and then repeat the operation."...

Unable To Display The Folder. The Calendar Folder Could Not Be Found
One of our users just got a new laptop, so I put Office 2003 on it, he had Office 2000 on the old one. However, when another user (Bill) went to view his calendar, this message came up: Unable To Display The Folder. The Calendar Folder Could Not Be Found I have checked that his calendar is shared. So, since I have Outlook 2003, I set my calendar as shared with Bill, and he shared his for me, but both of us get the same error message when we try to view each other's calendar. Both of us have rebooted. On Office 2000 there were no problems viewing other users' calendars. What i...

PLEASE HELP: Outlook2003 Send Mail Error
Can anyone help me with this problem. Everytime I try to send out an email. It gets rejected and I get this message: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'vpvaughn@aol.com' on 5/5/2010 4:26 PM 554 5.2.1 554 AOL will not accept delivery of this message Van wrote: > Can anyone help me with this problem. Everytime I try to send out an email. > It gets rejected and I get this message: > > The following recipient(s) could not be reached: > > 'vpvaughn@aol.com' on 5/5/2010 4:26 PM > 554 5.2.1 554 AOL will not accept delivery of...