Unable to see public folder in OWA

I need help! We're in the middle of migrating our exchange servers from
exchange 2000 to 2003. Everything is working fine except, I noticed one
particular important public folder (calendar item) could not be displayed in
OWA...I can see other public folders in OWA just fine. When I log in using
Outlook 2003, I can see this folder just fine, but in OWA it says "Page
cannot be displayed".

Can someone tell me where I could start looking for this folder, and how I
might be able to get it to show up in OWA? By the way, the user who needs
this folder claims she just noticed this after I moved her mailbox to
2003... though I somehow doubt it could have anything to do with it.

0
jdoe8655 (54)

Actually, I think I fixed it. I added an instance of that folder to the the
new server and forced replication, and I can see it now. I'm still wondering
why I had to do this though since the other public folders worked without
intervention.

"Jon Doe" <jdoe@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I need help! We're in the middle of migrating our exchange servers from
>exchange 2000 to 2003. Everything is working fine except, I noticed one
>particular important public folder (calendar item) could not be displayed
>in OWA...I can see other public folders in OWA just fine. When I log in
>using Outlook 2003, I can see this folder just fine, but in OWA it says
>"Page cannot be displayed".
>
> Can someone tell me where I could start looking for this folder, and how I
> might be able to get it to show up in OWA? By the way, the user who needs
> this folder claims she just noticed this after I moved her mailbox to
> 2003... though I somehow doubt it could have anything to do with it.

0
jdoe8655 (54)

add public folder calendar to multiple user accounts favorite calendar list. 06-22-10
hey all, i need to add a public folder calendar to multiple user accounts "favorites" calendar list (shows as other calendars) in outlook 2007. i know, from outlook, you can right click and add to favorite to add it to an individual user's "other calendars" but i need to do this for a group of people. is there any way in exchange, gpo, or something to do this automatically based on group membership, etc.? thanks in advance. shrpshtr ...

MsMpEng.exe slowing down the opening of folders
Hi, I recently reinstalled the OS on my 2005 Compaq from their disk set for making the laptop look like it just came out of the box. I had previously downloaded the install package for microsoft security essentials, and before going online, I used the Norton removal package to remove all traces of that, then installed MSE, then went online. The system has generally worked well since then. Occasionally, a folder is very slow to display its contents after a reboot. Looking at the task manager process list, I see MsMpEng.exe has a high CPU usage. Googleing MsMpEng.exe return...

How do I set my sent items folder so that it doesn't delete mails.
Currently my outlook deletes sent items automativcally. I want to set it up so that it never delete any of the sent items. Thanks, -Ajay "Ajay Patel" <Ajay Patel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16684B53-C258-4A87-A5D6-23EB256C1E5F@microsoft.com... > Currently my outlook deletes sent items automativcally. I want to set it > up > so that it never delete any of the sent items. > How do you mean "deletes" them? are you using mcafee? I understand it will clean up old mail for users. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with C...

OWA accepts only admins
Hi, I have a small AD network on Windows Server 2003, which also includes ISA 2004 and Exchange 2003 servers. I'am new to OWA and by trying to locally connect to the exchange server through browser, only administrators are authenticated. Can someone please tell me why it is so. Thanks Yba Hi, > I have a small AD network on Windows Server 2003, which also includes > ISA 2004 and Exchange 2003 servers. > I'am new to OWA and by trying to locally connect to the exchange > server through browser, only administrators are authenticated. > Can someone please tell me why it i...

Custom IIS Error Message OWA
Hi, I'm running Exchange 2003 using OWA on Server 2003 and would like to create a custom IIS error for the 403 - Forbidden code. Using IIS Admin I can modify all the sub-errors of 403, 403.1 to 403.20 but not the base error 403. (403.0) I undertand this can be edited in the IIS Metabase but can anyone tell me how? On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 07:26:04 -0800, A Lake <ALake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I'm running Exchange 2003 using OWA on Server 2003 and would like to create >a custom IIS error for the 403 - Forbidden code. > >Using IIS Admin I can m...

What do this message In outlook mean? unable to find WAB DLL
I have been trying to setup my Outlook and get this message> An error occured while attempting to open windows address book. Unable to find WAB DLL. How do I fix this? What version of Outlook and on which OS? "TSR1" <TSR1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E18C455-4F79-44D7-A8A4-2C495D798ED4@microsoft.com... > I have been trying to setup my Outlook and get this message> > > An error occured while attempting to open windows address book. Unable > to > find WAB DLL. How do I fix this? "TSR1" <TSR1@discussions.microso...

how to delete the persons in the list in File->Open->Other User's Folders
This link (http://www.plantops.umich.edu/support/helpdocs/Outlook/manual/adv/OpenOthrUsrsFldr.pdf) shows us how to open another person's folders using File->Open->Other User's Folders. My question is how to delete the persons in the list? i.e. clear the list. I couldn't find any options to do that. please advise. thanks!! http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/mru.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without readin...

unable to bind to the desination server in dns
I keep getting the following error on my echange 5.5 server whenever I send email to the parent company "unable to bind to the desination server in dns" can someone please help thanks, Robert That means it could not find any DNS records for the recipient's SMTP domain (e.g., an MX record). If you have control over your DNS servers, add the appropriate MX and A records for the recipient domain's SMTP server. If you do not control your own DNS then request this from your DNS provider. That said, you might check to see if anyone else is having problems sending to th...

OWA 2003 Authentication
We've had an issue where users connecting through a E2K3 frontend OWA server cannot authenticate. It's the classic three prompts before failing. Microsoft looked at some of our traces and suggested adding the following registry key to our OWA boxes: HKLM\System\CCS\Services\MSExchangeWEB\DAV\UseBasicAuthToBE value=1 So essentially we're reverting from Kerberos to Basic authentication between the frontend server and backend. This fixed the issue but I'd like to find out the cause rather than just treat the symptom. They suggested troubleshooting the DC, saying that th...

Backing up Personal Folders
Migrating from OLK 2000 to OLK XP I found that somehow the Backup command had disappeared from the File menu. I went to Sue Mosher's site to get the utility installation file "pfbackup.exe" - I saw that the file had been updated in September, so good time I thought, to get a new copy. When the installation routine was complete, I looked - in vain - for the "Backup..." in the File menu. I went back to the site, and read under "Troubleshooting" - "Search you hard disk for the Pfbackup.exe file and make sure that the Pfbackup.exe file that you downloaded ...

Unable to deliver mail to a particular recipient...
We are using Exchange 2000 on a small bus server. One of our users is attempting to send an email to someone and it keeps getting bounced. We are able to receive maill from this person, but when we click 'reply' and send a message back the following is what we get... ---------------------------------------------------------- This message was created automatically by mail delivery software. A message that you have sent could not be delivered to one or more recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address failed: <jenna@west111.com>: 553 5.3.0 <jenna@west111.co...

How to reply to an email in a public folder, using a general email address
Hi, I'm working on a support desk which handles incoming enquiries via a public inbox which can be viewed by the whole support team. What I want to be able to do is reply to these messages using a different email address to normal (ie. changing the from address). This is very easy in Outlook Express but I'm not sure how to do this in Outlook 2000. Thanks "Charles" <cwilson@rm.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:099d01c36bbe$041773f0$a601280a@phx.gbl > Hi, > > I'm working on a support desk which handles incoming > enquiries via a public inbox whic...

open shared calender in OWA
We use Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. There is a shared calender all staff have access to using Outlook. They cannot access it using OWA, which is what we wish to achieve. Regards Anastas This shared calendar is in another mailbox or in public folders? Reason I ask is that OWA doesn't support calendar type folders in public folders. As far as I know, there is nothing you can do to get this functionality but you could try asking in an Exchange support forum to be sure. If the shared calendar is in another mailbox, then one just has to type: https://name.of.my.owa.s...

outlook folder's permissions. Help!
I need to find out 2 things. 1. How to prevent users from changing their own folder permissions. 2. How to change user's permissions remotely? are there any utilities in exchange server 5.5 that do that? If you know the answer please reply to alex25ny@hotmail.com as soon as possible. thanks in advance. ...

Unable to access Internet mail
For the last week I have been able retrieve mail from one of my internet POP accounts. It had been working fine for a long time. I can access the account through Outlook Express, but Outlook2000 will not retreive the mail. It does not give a signon error (I have checked and even had comcast rest the password). I have deleted the service and re-created it. I have created a new user account in XP and started from scratch and could not access it. I can access outher mailboxes from the same provider (comcast.nat), but not my primary one. Any assistance would be welcome, comcast ...

Storage Folders in WLM and Windows 7
How can I create STORAGE FOLDERS in WLM using Windows 7. my old computer has windows XP and the storage folders are there, I can not create the same folders in the new computer with Windows 7 Thanks The normal method would be to highlight the Storage Folders header and then click on File > Folders > Create new folder. Is this not available to you or are you looking for a method to import these folders and contents from your Windows XP system? FWIW, I recently helped a friend setup her new Windows 7 PC. I migrated all of her files and settings using the Windows 7 Easy...

unable to display #####.ost
Have problems using Outlook 2003. Periodically I get "unable to display the folder. The file ####.ost could not be accessed." Just recently I've got unable to display the folder. "The file ###.ost could not be accessed because another workstation has accessed it. close and restat any web-enabled applications." What could be causing this? the ost is being kept on a NT 4 file server running server protect. my local PC is running w2k and trend antivirus. Sukh You shouldn't be storing your OST on a network share. MS recommends against it since other processes could...

Randon OWA Access Problems
Hello, We have been using OWA for about 2 years now and we have never had a problem. Then, this weekend, certain users were unable to access their mailboxes while others were fine. For the users who couldn't get in, it would ask for there username and password 3 or 4 times and then give them the following error "HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized". I have checked all settings and permissions and everything seems to be fine. AD objects for those users are configured correctly and the IIS and Exchange Servers have been restarted. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Craig ...

unable to view message
I am running office 07 with exchange 03. I have one lady who if she sends a new mail message, the message is viewed normally by the recipeint. If however, she is replying or forwarding a message, the recipient cannot view the new portion of the message until they click on forward or reply. By clicking forward or reply, the new part of message is then revealed. It happens will all internal recipients, and only from the one email account. Is she using stationery? "Gregg" <Gregg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23C7F505-3EC8-4679-B278-2499...

Folder Security
At present I have some fiarly standard assistant / manager setup's in respect of the assistant can see ALL of the managers Exchange mailbox. throught the "full mailbox access" option One of the manager's wants to give her assistant access to ALL her mailbox except for 4 folders. As she has circa 100 plus folders, i do not wish to set the security on each of the 100 odd folders to allow the assistant access if I disable the faill mailbox access option Can I do this With thanks Mark On 2 Mar 2007 09:24:15 -0800, "Mark Gould" <mdgould@gmail.com> wrote: &g...

Always view Extra Large Icons in MS Office Picture Mgr folders
1. How do I set a default view for Extra Large Icons in MS Office Picture Manager? When I open a folder I always have to click on open Views (to "Choose how to view the contents of this folder") and click or slide the bar to Extra Large Icons. 2. What is the difference between Picture Mgr and Windows Photo Gallery? Thank-you, kim m ...

out look 2007 want to remove unwanted folders under my mail LF sid
Just installe office 2007 In Outlook how do I remove unwanted folders under my E mail address left side column? Thanks Ralph what are the folders called? are they in favorite folders or in mail folders / all mail items? You can't remove the default outlook folders. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Ou...

OWA security question #2
All, I am currently working with a company that accesses their mail via a larger companies Exchange 2000 server. Each site has a VPN connection in to the Head Office allowing web access to their mail. For security reasons the Head Office want to remove all VPN's to align with their company policy of using Citrix Secure Gateway. All I want to do is prove to this bigger company that we don't need to spend the money on 200 citrix/ts licenses and security keyfobs as we only want OWA. Is their any documentation to support my thoughts on the following: As I am only going to be con...

Unable to commit Purchase Order to Sales Order
Working on GP 9 -- We have an Order entered, to be shipped direct to the customer. We have a Purchase Order entered, to be shipped to that customer, SAME address, shipping info, quantities etc. However, when going to commit the PO to the sales order, the PO does not show up to be available. We when enter the PO# in the commitment box, we get the following message returned: "The item on the purchase order deosn't have an available quantity to commit to the sales order." BUT THE QTY is the SAME. We tried going in through the PO module but the SO does not show up when yo...

Enumerate Group access to AD data folders.
Have been trying without success to find a script or a 3rd party software which will allow me to identify what files/folders a group or user has access too. It very easy from the file/folder level to see what has been assigned but we really need to be able to do it from a user/group to identify access levels for some of our older groups. Can anyone make any suggestions on what script or product would allow me to do this. Thanks. "dandare00uk" <dandare00uk@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:7bbae636-b759-4c4c-bb75-f3a7227abebf@d20g2000yqh.googlegroups.com......