Unable to relay #3

Experts,

Running Windows Server 2003 SP1.  Exchange SP2 and IIS 6.0.  Exchange has
the SMTP server enabled.  But I cannot send any email out from my server.
Can't send to my Hotmail, Gmail, or work email address.  All reject me with
the same unable to relay error.

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by
the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'mypersonaladdress@gmail.com'.
Subject 'Test1, 4:53PM', Account: 'mypersonaladdress@mydomain.com', Server:
'server1', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for
'mypersonaladdress@gmail.com', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550,
Error Number: 0x800CCC79

--
Spin

0
Spin (165)

Experts please note I am doing this all from the same machine, the machine
on which Exchange is installed.  Drilling into the properties of ESM, into
the properties of the Default Virtual SMTP server, on the Access tab then
Relay button, there are no IP addresses listed there.  Should I at least put
the IP address of the Exchange server itself there?

--
Spin

"Spin" <Spin@spin.com> wrote in message
> Experts,
>
> Running Windows Server 2003 SP1.  Exchange SP2 and IIS 6.0.  Exchange has
> the SMTP server enabled.  But I cannot send any email out from my server.
> Can't send to my Hotmail, Gmail, or work email address.  All reject me
> with the same unable to relay error.
>
> The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected
> by the server. The rejected e-mail address was
> 'mypersonaladdress@gmail.com'. Subject 'Test1, 4:53PM', Account:
> 'mypersonaladdress@mydomain.com', Server: 'server1', Protocol: SMTP,
> Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for
> 'mypersonaladdress@gmail.com', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:
> 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

0
Spin (165)
11/27/2005 10:24:30 PM
"Spin" <Spin@spin.com> wrote:

>Running Windows Server 2003 SP1.  Exchange SP2 and IIS 6.0.  Exchange has
>the SMTP server enabled.  But I cannot send any email out from my server.
>Can't send to my Hotmail, Gmail, or work email address.  All reject me with
>the same unable to relay error.

Configure your e-mail client to authenticate with the SMTP server.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--
Aloha,

-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP
Roland Schorr & Tower
http://www.rolandschorr.com
Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm

Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup.  Mahalo!

"Spin" <Spin@spin.com> wrote in message
> Experts,
>
> Running Windows Server 2003 SP1.  Exchange SP2 and IIS 6.0.  Exchange has
> the SMTP server enabled.  But I cannot send any email out from my server.
> Can't send to my Hotmail, Gmail, or work email address.  All reject me
> with the same unable to relay error.
>
> The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected
> by the server. The rejected e-mail address was
> 'mypersonaladdress@gmail.com'. Subject 'Test1, 4:53PM', Account:
> 'mypersonaladdress@mydomain.com', Server: 'server1', Protocol: SMTP,
> Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for
> 'mypersonaladdress@gmail.com', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:
> 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79
>
> --
> Spin

0
bens1 (1425)
11/27/2005 10:59:22 PM
Outlook Express.

--
Spin

"Ben M. Schorr - MVP" <bens@bogusaddress.mvp> wrote in message
> What client are you using to send these messages?
>

> --
> Aloha,
>
> -Ben-
> Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP
> Roland Schorr & Tower
> http://www.rolandschorr.com
> Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm

0
Spin (165)
11/27/2005 11:09:18 PM
Under ESM, into the properties of the Default Virtual SMTP server, on the
Access tab then Authentication button, only Anonymous access was enabled.  I
enabled "Integrated Windows Authentication" in that same dialog box and it
now works.  Question:  Is enabling IWA a security threat?

--
Spin

> "Spin" <Spin@spin.com> wrote:
>
>>Running Windows Server 2003 SP1.  Exchange SP2 and IIS 6.0.  Exchange has
>>the SMTP server enabled.  But I cannot send any email out from my server.
>>Can't send to my Hotmail, Gmail, or work email address.  All reject me
>>with
>>the same unable to relay error.
>
> Configure your e-mail client to authenticate with the SMTP server.
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

0
Spin (165)
11/27/2005 11:21:37 PM
Oh.  So you're using POP or IMAP.  Yeah, you're going to have to enable
authentication in order to fix it.

Any reason why you're not using Outlook as the client?
--

> Outlook Express.
>
> --
> Spin
>
> "Ben M. Schorr - MVP" <bens@bogusaddress.mvp> wrote in message
>> What client are you using to send these messages?
>>

>> --
>> Aloha,
>>
>> -Ben-
>> Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP
>> Roland Schorr & Tower
>> http://www.rolandschorr.com
>> Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm

0
bens1 (1425)
11/27/2005 11:23:33 PM
Thanks Ben.  Note that your advice and Rich's advice made me think about the
source of the problem and enabled me to solve it.  Thank you for that.  I do
not use the full Outlook client on the same server running Exchange.  And
sometimes I just want to fire off a quick email from the server itself so I
just use OE instread.  Note that Outlook as the client worked seamlessly
from another domain workstation, even without the IWA enabled.  That's odd
though isn't it?

--

> Oh.  So you're using POP or IMAP.  Yeah, you're going to have to enable
> authentication in order to fix it.
>
> Any reason why you're not using Outlook as the client?
> --
> Aloha,
>
> -Ben-

0
Spin (165)
11/27/2005 11:31:54 PM
Ah, you're using it from the server itself.  Well, as long as it's working
now I guess that's what counts.

Glad you got it sorted.

--

> Thanks Ben.  Note that your advice and Rich's advice made me think about
> the source of the problem and enabled me to solve it.  Thank you for that.
> I do not use the full Outlook client on the same server running Exchange.
> And sometimes I just want to fire off a quick email from the server itself
> so I just use OE instread.  Note that Outlook as the client worked
> seamlessly from another domain workstation, even without the IWA enabled.
> That's odd though isn't it?
>
> --
> Spin
>
> "Ben M. Schorr - MVP" <bens@bogusaddress.mvp> wrote in message
>> Oh.  So you're using POP or IMAP.  Yeah, you're going to have to enable
>> authentication in order to fix it.
>>
>> Any reason why you're not using Outlook as the client?
>> --
>> Aloha,
>>
>> -Ben-

0
bens1 (1425)
11/27/2005 11:35:06 PM
"Spin" <Spin@spin.com> wrote:

>Under ESM, into the properties of the Default Virtual SMTP server, on the
>Access tab then Authentication button, only Anonymous access was enabled.  I
>enabled "Integrated Windows Authentication" in that same dialog box and it
>now works.  Question:  Is enabling IWA a security threat?

No, it isn't. But I doubt that'll work outside your LAN. You really
want to allow "Basic" authentication if you expect this to work from
wherever the client connects. You can, if the client allows it, use
TLS to secure the channel and not expose the credentials.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

pop 3 account information changing
My incoming pop3 address appends to my account name and my pop3 address changes to localhost everytime I log on. That's usually caused by older versions of anti-virus software. What are you running? "jeff wolf" <jwolf@enlinkgeoenergy.com> wrote in message news:080801c3518a$059826a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > My incoming pop3 address appends to my account name and > my pop3 address changes to localhost everytime I log on. ...

3-d referneces in chart series values
I have a chart that has three series plotted on it, the first is column format and the second and third are lines. The first (column) represents average golf scores for one hole for individuals, the second (line) represents par, while the third (line) represents overall average for all golfers. I can plot the column graph for the 23 competitors - no problem. The problem is with the two line graphs. I want the lines to extend the width of the 23 columns. To do this I need 23 points that are the same for each line. I would like to use something like =player1:player23!$c$323, but I keep ...

Upgrading to Microsoft CRM 3.0
We are Microsoft Business Solutions partners for MS CRM and we are using MS CRM 1.2 internally. We have received a few days ago a product key for Microsoft CRM 3.0 Professional Edition. I have followed the instructions for upgrading MS CRM 1.2 to 3.0, for our internal implementation, but when I enter the 25-key code, i get the error message "The specified license is invalid" I also loged into VOICE to check if there was a different product key there but the only keys appearing for our company in VOICE is for version 1.2. Please note that we have used the CD's provided via our M...

SHARED CALENDARS #3
Hi. I want to kown if I can predetermine in outlook or in exchange that when a user starts outlook, all users shared calendars will be abaliable in calendars of other people, and don't have to add one by one. Tanks. JP <aspento_quitar_para_correo_@arrakis.es> wrote: > Hi. I want to kown if I can predetermine in outlook or in exchange > that when a user starts outlook, all users shared calendars will be > abaliable in calendars of other people, and don't have to add one by > one. Tanks. Hi - see the reply to your previous post. ...

Money 2004 Deluxe #3
How do I get downloaded transactions via the internet to appear in the register? The program tells me I have 70 transactions to review, but I cannot find them. Thank you for your assistance. In microsoft.public.money, Norris wrote: >How do I get downloaded transactions via the internet to >appear in the register? The program tells me I have 70 >transactions to review, but I cannot find them. In Internet Explorer delete your browser temporary files with Tools->InternetOptions->DeleteFiles. Then in Money do File->RepairMoneyFile->QuickFileRepair for good measure....

Unable to delete attachments in Received Messages
Does anyone else face a problem of deleting attachments in received messages? I've recently updated my Windows Live Mail to version 2009 Build 14.0... Didn't have the problem previously. I typically prefer to save my received emails without attachments to save space. Can anyone help? (WinXP Pro) How were you deleting the attachments in the past? Save the message to the Desktop. File | Save as | Desktop | Save. Open it with Notepad. Highlight and delete the attachment code and drag the message back to a folder in WLMail. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [M...

Copy and Paste #3
I am trying to copy and paste parts of one Publisher 2000 file into a new one. Is this possible - I have wasted so much time trying to do this that I hope better brains than mine have the answer You can open both files, right-click the quick launch toolbar, tile the files, drag and drop the objects. Grouping objects will help. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "theoldandgrey" <theoldandgrey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F85E928-C649-4905-B43E-DF86AC7D6EF2@microsoft.com... >I am trying to copy and paste parts of one Publisher 2000 file into a ...

Disabled macros #3
Our company just upgraded to Windows XP and running Excel 2000. Yesterday I wrote some new macros and saved them, today when I try t run them I get the message: "The macros in this project are disabled." I cannot find when or how to enable them. Can anyone help? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi MileHigh, > "The macros in this project are disabled." > I cannot find when or how to enable them. Can anyone help?? > Excel is set to high macro security. Set it to medium so you can choose whether to enable them or not: Tools, Macros, securi...

CRM 3.0 Laptop Client for Outlook --admin only?
Can the CRM 3.0 Laptop client for outlook be used successfully on a limited local user account (not admin, not power user)? We had to shoehorn it just to install it. Is administrator access _required_ for successful, consistent use? -Eric Has no one tried to use the CRM client in a non admin-user environment? Again, we are trying to deploy the laptop client to restricted users, and would like to know if is designed to work in a low privilege environment. -Eric "hnl-eric" wrote: > Can the CRM 3.0 Laptop client for outlook be used successfully on a limited > local use...

Unable to create more Windows NT accounts for Exchange mailboxes
Hi Guys, Currently our Exchange server stopped allowing the creation of more Windows NT Accounts with the following error"Insufficient System Resources exist to complete the requested service".Pls is there a way out of this? We run Exchange 5.5 SP3 on Windows NT Server. -- Buchi ...

SOLUTION to: MAPI was unable to load the information service gwmsp1.dll
http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6129-0.html?forumID=29&threadID=18051&messageID=407394 Hope this helps! Brad ...

Unable to delete account
I closed my old loan account after refinancing, haven't created a new loan account yet, but my old mortgage payment is still showing up under the "Special","Debt" section on the budget main page, overstating my expense total. It is not listed on the Expenses page of the budget, and there doesn't seem to be any way to delete it from within the budget pages. I then tried to delete the closed loan account, but got an error, with a hyperlink taking me to a MS support web page that said to run the repair utility. I did, ran the standard version, checked the log...

Open Proxy vs. Open Relay, any diffenrence?
Hi, all Recently, I found my exchange server (2003) is on some blacklist, saying open proxy is detected. I re-checked my server that open relay is blocked. Is open relay the same as open proxy? if not, how do I troiuble shoot open relay?? Thanks "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Recently, I found my exchange server (2003) is on some blacklist, saying >open proxy is detected. > >I re-checked my server that open relay is blocked. > >Is open relay the same as open proxy? No, it's not. An open SMTP relay is a SMTP configuration proble...

Module won't respond to button click #3
Hello, I'm writing a small simulator that continuously runs a loop walking out in time, the loop is in a module unassociated with a sheet. I'd like it to respond to button clicks on the display sheet to start and stop. The only way I can seem to accoplish this is to put the following within the main simulation loop 'grab any events happening outside the code on the FLOWSHEET worksheet ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("FLOWSHEET").Activate DoEvents ...

rpc over http ... relay
I have set up an rpc over http proxy on the same box as our only exchange server. Configured excahnge as rpc over http back end server. the rpc over http works great internally and externally. The problem is that external (from other people) rerouted mail (port 25) from the router sent to this server does not drop into the persons mailbox.. instead the sender gets a cannot relay error message. if a message is sent using the rpc-http connection ... it gets to the right person. am i missing something can a exchange server setup as an rpc-http back end server only receive mail from that...

Unable to use User Defined Charts
When I try to save a user define chart, i am getting the error message: "microsoft excel cannot save the user defined chart b/c the chart gallery does not exist or is currently in use" At that point, I am prompted to save my file, which I do, and then I can see and use the user defined chart for the time being. HOWEVER, once i close out of excel and reopen it, the user defined chart is gone. Does anyone know what my options are to get this resolved? Thanks for any suggestions. As an aside, I was told (by Gord Dibben) that i need to be using XLUSRGAL.XLS and X...

spam question #3
What does it mean when a reply to an email has this: [!! SPAM] in the subject line of the original email that had been sent? pdwas, you wrote on Fri, 17 Apr 2009 22:28:01 -0700: > What does it mean when a reply to an email has this: [!! SPAM] in the > subject line of the original email that had been sent? This hint has been added by a spam tool that has identified this mail as SPAM. Outlook's own Junk-Mail-Filter does not modify the subject or the mail body of an spam email. You should be able to disable adding this hint in the options of the tool you're using for malwar...

non-inventory items #3
if u want to put non inventory items in say for example its labour. how do u put that in as non-inventory but be able to keep track of the sales? if we do it as an inventory item it always wants to know the stock. when actually there is no stock. If u dont understand I can try an explain a different way I am not sure I understand. Non inventory items still get tracked as far as sales go, just not for inventory. So if you put Labor in as a non inventory item, and it costs $50.00, that $50.00 will go on your sales report. But it will not show on your inventory. "Angelique" ...

Error when add New User #3
Hi, dont know when it happened. When I add new user to production MSCRM 4, there is an error message (An error Has occurred.....). However, when I try to add this user to my test CRM, it can successfully add without any problem. Both servers are running the same spec and version. I tried to add different users to production but all failed. I have set the deverror to ON but the error message still appear as An error has occurs. Apart from that, I have used CRM diagostic Tool but cannot see anything unusual from the log. I have even run the repair but effort is all wasted. Please He...

5.1.3 Bad Recipient Address Syntax (on RECEIVING)
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop 5.1.3 Bad recipient address syntax Mail could not be sent Account name: &quot;xxxxxx&quot; Error -17099 <br><br>Getting this message on Receiving as opposed to other on Sending. Mail sends fine with no errors but how do I get rid of this message? Closing my own case. An OUTgoing e-mail was stuck in the Outbox. Deleted that and all is well. ...

FileSearch #3
The first time I tried this code, it worked really fast. However, afte a few more tries, it slowed down again. The problem was not the code it was that I had the ***Indexing Service option*** turned on in my X file search. As soon as I turned this feature off, the code sped up t speeds faster than I had seen previously, and has had no problem since -- Skimrhet ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Skimrhett's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1494 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26...

"Unable to read file" error message when you open Excel file that contains a PivotTable report
Hi, I am get an "Unable to read file" error message when opening a Excel file that contains a PivotTable report. All the symptoms match microsoft support article 819853, except I am using Office 2003 not 2002. Is there a patch for the problem and how do I obtain it. I do need to unprotect and protect the workbook and worksheets, and not corrupt the file. Regards Tim ...

Act 6.0 #3
Has anyone ever converted their ACT database into Outlook? ...

Problems with CRM 3 Outlook client sync.
Hi, I have joined two computers to a Windows Server 2003 domain. After that i've installed CRM 3 Outlook Client on two laptops with Vista. The installation went smoothly. I have desktops on the network, where clients are working properly. On these two laptops when I start Outlook with CRM clients get this message: You can not start synchronization process on this computer. This process can only run on a single client computer user. Customer synchronization should be the computer, which usually is online (for example, desktop computer), or basic computer user. To change the client s...

Autocomplete not working #3
I have Outlook 2003 and cannot get the autocomplete function to work when entering a send to name. I have looked in tools options, preference and do not even find that option for the autocomplete. Is there something I am overlooking? Because of this I still open OExpress for my mail since I do like that feature very much. I did find the option after some research but the autocomplete still does not work. Was also told to look for an NK2 file but after a search none was found. Is that causing the problem? "PatK" <vegaspatk@cox.net> wrote in message news:%23bKe$E3JGHA....