Unable to open default email folder . Exchange 2003 , Outlook 2003

Hey all ,

I am experiencing a very weird issue at the moment and i am getting really
worried that it will speard all over our domain. Last weekend we installed
SP1 on Exchange 2003 and since we noticed this issue:

I had one user on Tuesday that was trying to connect to the Exchange server
(we use cached mode) and once he entered his username and password Outlook
tried to connect 3 times and then straight away it says Disconnected.

I log in as him and I then tick and untick on Work Offline so Outlook can
try to connect but after 3 tries the same Disconnected status is reported. If
i check the connection status on Outlook 2003 (Pressing CTRL + Right Click on
the Outlook Icon) it says connected.

I removed the cached mode for that users profile and if i try to log in as
him it comes up with the error:

"Unable to open default e-mail folder. You need to connect to the exchange
server computer ..........."

Ok so i try OWA for that user and no issues are all.

Then i add that user to the domain admins group and it works fine.!! NOT A
SOLUTION.

Today the same has happended to another user!! He belongs to the same OU as
the previous user and once i added him to the Domain Admin group it works
fine.

If i remove them from the admin group it doesnt work.

Permisssions are all as per default but something has gone wrong since the
update to SP1.

If this continues then i will have to make all our users Domain Admins

Regards,

Mario

0
Vlachakis (1)