unable to open attachments in public folders

If I try to open an attached file from a public folder I get an error saying It cannot write and to check my perssions,

I have owner rights to the public folder that the I am having problems with.
 I can make new posting with attachment and can view them fine, in the same folder.
 but I have serveral posting's that I cannot get to with the same problem as above.

Exchange 2003, same problem OWA or local outlook 2002 client.

0
richcoast (1)

I have seen this before, and the quickest solution was to delete the
item and re-add it to the folder.

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 08:46:02 -0700, "rich_coast"
<richcoast@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>If I try to open an attached file from a public folder I get an error saying It cannot write and to check my perssions,
>
>I have owner rights to the public folder that the I am having problems with.
> I can make new posting with attachment and can view them fine, in the same folder.
> but I have serveral posting's that I cannot get to with the same problem as above.
>
>Exchange 2003, same problem OWA or local outlook 2002 client.

0
adavid (8731)

Help please
Hi I'm running outlook 2000. I have a considerable number of old emails that outlook will not let me delete, I get the message "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error, if the problem presists restart outlook". Obviously I have tried re-starting outlook but this doesn't help. I have also run the inbox repair tool which does not report any errors. Is there any way I can work on and edit the 'outlook.pst' file directly? These emails are annoying and I would like to get back to a clean listing. Any assistance is much appreciated. Cheers Jem How l...

open report default view; is this a setting?
All reports in my application seem to open by default in "fit" view, is hter any way to change that to for example 100% view 1) by changing a setting, 2) by using code? Thxs-Philip Philip: You probably have the report's Autosize property set to Auto. To fix this, follow these steps: 1. Open the report in design view. 2. Open the report's property sheet (View, Properties). 3. Click the Format tab. 4. Change the AutoSize property to "No". Regards Geoff "phleduc" <Ph.Leduc@REMOVEcomcast.net> wrote in message news:%23OXJrjWmHHA.476...

catch the incoming message event on a public folder
Hello, Is it possible to catch the incoming message event when a new message arrives into a public folder, and run an external exe file? Thanks. ...

Outlook Express Freezes on Opening
I'm not sure why, but it just started a couple days ago. But whenever I try to open Outlook Express, it just freezes up. I got it to open once or twice, and that was it. I have tried downloading every single update for Windows XP. I haven't installed anything new, except for those updates, so I don't know what would be causing it. But if anyone knows why any help would be greatly appreciated. Either reply to this post or email me at chazzy1864@yahoo.com Charlie Charlie wrote: > I'm not sure why, but it just started a couple days ago. > But whenever I try to ope...

freeware attachment manager?
Could anyone recommend a freeware attachment manager for outlook 2002? I just need something that moves the attachments to a different folder than the pst file and inserts a url in the email pointing to the file. Thanks in anticipation :) There is a list of all known outlook utilities at slipstick.com - look in the housekeeping section for attachment managers. I forget if any of them are free, but hey, the programmer's kids need to eat too. :) You could always write your own using VBA - the $10 - $20 charged for add-ins often works out to be a bargain until you learn Outlook VBA. ...

Open CRM Object from CRM Task in SFO
Hello Group! I can create a CRM Task in SFO and set a reminder. When the time comes, the task pops up in my outlook reminder window. From there I can open the task and the task is linked to a CRM object using the regarding field (e.g. to an account). Is there anyway to open the object (account) defined in regarding directly from the task? With kind regards Kai ...

personal folder #3
for some reason I have 2 personal folder that loads the same items folder and emails. Its a duplicate and I can not get rid of either of them, close or delete. does anyoen know how to change this? If you're using a version of Outlook that supports mail profiles, the easiest way to fix this problem is to create a new mail profile from scratch, attach your good .PST file to it, and delete the old profile. What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say &...

Public folder administration issue(s)
I just started working in an environment which has the following issue(s). The overall problem is that I can't administer permissions on Public Folders in a Exchange 2000 environment. The public folders are accessible for viewing and adding items, et Characteristics are as follows From Outlook clients, no permissions tab is available when right-clicking on a public folder and selecting properties In ESM when in the Folders container under the Administrative Group I try to expand the Public Folders folder and receive the following error "The connection was refused. Ensure that your HT...

Public folders in Active directory
Due to a corrupt Pub1.edb I have deleted the bad edb and stm file and created new blank files. My next step will be to re-create the public folder structure but before I do that I need to know how AD treats public folders and if I should manual delete the public folders in AD before I start re-creating folders in the new public folders On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 14:07:02 -0800, RP in the Midwest <RPintheMidwest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Due to a corrupt Pub1.edb I have deleted the bad edb and stm file and created >new blank files. My next step will be to re-create the pu...

Constantly Synchronising Folders
Outlook seem sto be constantly synchronising folders and this appears to be blocking any larger e-mail attachments from being sent. Advice from the on-line Microsoft suggests disabling the sychronising filter under the synchronising tab under the righ click / properties drop down menu. I do not get the synchroising tab on these menus. I only get "General/ Home Page / Auto Archive / Administartion / Forms". I ahve asked professional advice but no one seems to be able ot help. My ISP allows up to 10MB to be sent. I am connected successfully to broadband. There is nothing in a...

application.getopenfilename to open a file saved on a server
How do I set the current drive if I wish to us application.getopenfilename to open a file if the folder I wish to vie is on a server -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ChDrive "C:\" -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "dovrox >" <<dovrox.1654sh@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:dovrox.1654sh@excelforum-nospam.com... > How do I set the current drive if I wish to use > application.getopenfilename to open a file if the folder I w...

print multiple mail with attachment
Outlook 2000 UK SR-1 Corporate or Workgroup. When selecting multiple mail with some attachment(word, excel) and some with out, the mail with attachments are not always printed together. There is none follow up line in printing. And I know that it became that Word have to start-up or Excel. But is there not a possibility that the mail with the attachment keep together when printing? You might want to take a look at this add-ins for that; http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Print-On-Demand.asp?Source=RS or a more advanced one http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Auto-Print.asp?Sourc...

OE blocks attachments #2
I cant open my attachments (word) it says *OE remove acces to unsafe attachments*..and I know for a fact its not an unsafe document. What would be the problem? And what is OE ?? Thanks for helping. "Christine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b2eb01c43727$c1ff1af0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I cant open my attachments (word) it says *OE remove > acces to unsafe attachments*..and I know for a fact its > not an unsafe document. What would be the problem? Tools-Options-Security for the 150,000th time. Did you not do ANY research AT ALL before ...

Attach file in header
MS Access 2007. I am having users enter and update data in a split form. I would like to put an Excel Workbook file as an attachment that can be downloaded by users (so that they could populate that template with many rows of data instead of manually entering on Access form). I put an attachment field in the header and attached the file, but that only "stuck" on the record that I was on at the time. How can I make an external file always available for download? ...

CRM E-mail in Draft Folder
When sending e-mail from CRM, the sent e-mail is going to the Drafts folder in Outlook. The e-mails are not showing up in the Sent folder yet recipients are receiving the e-mail. Any ideas on why this is happening? Thanks. We had this issue as well, and it was an issue where the user composing the mail was leaving the mail unsent open for longer then the default time of 3 minutes in Outlook. I set the users to save to drafts after 15minutes, and it has solved my issue. Hope this helps, Scott Thanks. I'll try it. "frappe33@gmail.com" wrote: > We had this issue a...

Enumerate open file handles of a process
Hello, Can someone please tell me how to enumerate all the open handles of a process. My objective is to write an application that monitors a process and if it acquires a handle to a particular file, I want to close that handle from my monitoring application. Thanks. Get Nebbitt's "Undocumented Windows 2000 API" joe On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 15:27:37 -0700, RedHawk <rajbhumagani@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Can someone please tell me how to enumerate all the open handles of a >process. >My objective is to write an application that monitors a process and i...

Outlook 2000 will not open-not enough memory
Have Outlook 2000 installed on XP Pro. Has been working fine, but one day, boom! Will not open. First I was getting Virtual memory is too low error when opening. I set virtual memory to let windows determine paging size. Still got the error. Now today, error when opening Outlook - There is not enough memory to run this program. I have uninstalled, reinstalled Outlook 2000. System restore as of last week when it was working. Nothing has helped. I have a Dell Dimension 512mb. Has been working fine, but all of a sudden , nothing. If anyone has a solution, please email karlaf@jwbur...

Outlook won't open first Word attachment
Trying to help a user with the following problem - any suggestions? When he tries to open Word 2000 attachments in Outlook 2002, he receives the installing prompt from Word, it goes through the entire install, then opens to a blank black screen, he then closes out of Word and receives the error "The System cannot find the file specified." When he goes back to Outlook and clicks on the next Word file attachment, it opens correctly in Word. However, this installation issue happens the first time each morning. Other users in the office do not have this problem. Both Outloo...

Cannot open Excel attachments
Hello, I have a user that cannot open Excel attachments from inside Outlook. He gets a security message and is given an option to save the attachments or cancel. He can open all other attachments without this warning appearing. I checked his registry and he has .xls files in the exception that is posted on the MS KB. He has Excel 2002 and Outlook 2002. His e-mail comes through an Exchange server. I do not have special security settings in place for this user. I cannot find anything else on Google or MS. Please help. Thank you. Aaron Aaron hu kiteb: > Hello, I have a user that cannot op...

PDFmaker loads when i open any Office program
How do I stop the Adobe Acrobat PDFmaker from loading whenever i open an Office program? In article <1149735234.626126.158000@h76g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, adam@fanaticalmarketing.com wrote: > How do I stop the Adobe Acrobat PDFmaker from loading whenever i open > an Office program? See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/office/pdftoolbar.html ...

Set "allow inheritable permissions to propagate..." to folders, subfolders, files with script
Is there a dsacls syntax or vbscript that I can use to enable the "allow inheritable permissions to propagate...etc" setting to all folders, subfolders, files? I have about 500 user home folders and half of them are not set to inherit and the rest are. Instead of manually going into each one, is there a better method? This really has nothing to do with Active Directory Script out using setacl http://setacl.sourceforge.net/ Freeware from SourceForge -- Paul Bergson MVP - Directory Services MCTS, MCT, MCSE, MCSA, Security+, BS CSci 2008, 2003, 2000 (Early Achiever)...

Money 2002 opening MOney 2003 file
Hi I have Money 2002 at home but then I have been working on my file with Money 2003 in the office. Now I can't open up the Moeny 2003 file with the 2002 version It asks me for a password and i never put in a password. please help! Please send reply to my email. thanks! You cannot open a 2003 file with 2002. The file is not backwards compatible. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.a...

Sending folder contents to another
Is there a way to send the entire contents of a folder (about 50 individual reports) to someone via email? If not, can the contents be efficiently copied to that person's computer within the LAN? Thanks. If you are using Exchange, why not just give permissions to the other user to open that folder and read/copy the contents themselves? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com ...

Excel spreadsheet not opening
Working in Office 97 and having Trouble opening a document in excel. The document will flick, and then minimize and will not open when the icon is clicked. The only way of opening it is to open another excel document and then open this particular document. It has worked well for months and this is the only spreadsheet I am having trouble with. Hi sounds like this sheet got corrupted. Best way: create a new file and copy your data to this new file -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Janet wrote: > Working in Office 97 and having Trouble opening a document > in excel. Th...

Can't attach photos to email
I have Vista. I just tried to email someone & I attached some scanned photos from "Pictures" but keep getting a message saying that "some of the files could not be found and won't be sent." I closed out all other applications. Suggestions? shedrums wrote: > I have Vista. I just tried to email someone & I attached some scanned photos > from "Pictures" but keep getting a message saying that "some of the files > could not be found and won't be sent." I closed out all other applications. > Suggestions? You get ...