Unable to open Attachments (Environment Wide)

Going to post this in the Exchange group, as I havent had any luck in the
Outlook group. This may actually be a server security issue, but I am a bit lost
on a solution.

We recently migrated to Office XP at our corporate office. Since the upgrade, I
am having several complaints of attachments not openning. After researching the
issue, it appears be random and the current solution is to forward the message
to the receiver, and then launch the attachment.  The attachments are not
blocked and are simple Word, Excel and PDF files.  The user receives no error.
Double clicking the attachment does nothing.  I believe the issue is security
related, and does not appear to be a problem when the email originates
internally (hence why forwarding the message seems to be a working work-around.)
It only appears when the message came from an external source.

Workstation Configuration: Windows XP SP2, Office XP SP3(I believe), Symantec
Corp10.
Server: Windows 2000 AS, Exchange 2000, Symantec Corp 10 running on all servers.

Thanks,

0
ltspock (7)

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 14:49:00 -0800, jeffh (ltspock@hotmail.com) wrote:

>Going to post this in the Exchange group, as I havent had any luck in the
>Outlook group. This may actually be a server security issue, but I am a bit lost
>on a solution.
>
>We recently migrated to Office XP at our corporate office. Since the upgrade, I
>am having several complaints of attachments not openning. After researching the
>issue, it appears be random and the current solution is to forward the message
>to the receiver, and then launch the attachment.  The attachments are not
>blocked and are simple Word, Excel and PDF files.  The user receives no error.
>Double clicking the attachment does nothing.  I believe the issue is security
>related, and does not appear to be a problem when the email originates
>internally (hence why forwarding the message seems to be a working work-around.)
>It only appears when the message came from an external source.
>
>Workstation Configuration: Windows XP SP2, Office XP SP3(I believe), Symantec
>Corp10.
>Server: Windows 2000 AS, Exchange 2000, Symantec Corp 10 running on all servers.
>

>Thanks,

Try disabling/ uninstalling the AV.

0
adavid (8731)

Terminal Server in SBS 2008 environment not issued any license
Hello, We have problems with a Terminal Server in a SBS 2008 Premium environment. Our network is as following configured: the first server is the SBS 2008 server, our second server is a Windows Server 2008, with Terminal Server activated. We have use the following manual: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd262139(WS.10).aspx On the Terminal Server would the TS-license server not issued open Windows Server 2008 Users CAL's, so we cannot external login. On only one computer we can login. The license are correct activated. The license controle don't find any ...

Outlook 2003 not opening with my pst files
I'm feeling lost - please help explain a problem showing my 'regular' Outlook 2003 (on my laptop) folders (contact/calendar/tasks). We have a work server setup which looks exactly like Outlook 2003, and my 'mailbox' folder shows the Outlook Today home page. Also when I open Outlook on my desktop, the folders default to basic descriptions (not "personal") and there is nothing in them. How can I set the default to always use my personal files, and ONLY use the server version to retrieve my mail? Thanks. ...

Opening a web page into a worksheet
2 computers, both have Excel '03 pro. On work computer, choose open, paste URL into the File Name box and hit enter. Excel opens the web page into a new workbook, but many of the links are not maintained. On home compuer, choose open, paste URL into the File Name box and hit enter. Excel opens the HTML of the web page in the text import wizard. I'm trying to consolidate searches from multiple regions on craigs list. If I try opening this MS discussion group page, it opens ok, with links in tact. Is there anything I can do to help retain the links or bypass the text ...

Unable to install Outlook 2003
Trying to upgrade a users Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003. User has a Windows 2000 Prof system. Runs the the install (upgrade), no errors, but before it completes the install it seems to abort the upgrade. When I open Outlook 2000, it's unchanged. I guess I should be happy for that. User receives a "ton" of junk mail and it would be easier for user to manage the junk mail. Any info would be greatly appreciated. what SP level is the Windows 2000 machine? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert...

Unable to use BCC
When using bcc I receive an error message "smpt 550 syntax error in "to" header @ or . expected after undisclosed recepients" error number: 0x800CCC69 "Rebecca" <ncwatrluvr@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:0f1101c36bf0$206c5700$a601280a@phx.gbl > When using bcc I receive an error message "smpt 550 syntax > error in "to" header @ or . expected after undisclosed > recepients" error number: 0x800CCC69 Maybe your ISP refuses to accept e-mails with a blank To header. Put your own e-mail address in the To field and the recipient...

Unable to Open Outlook 2000
All of a sudden, I can't open Outlook 2000. I've been using it for a couple of years. It locked up on Monday so I ended task. Now it won't open from my desktop. I tried to do a repair using the Office Professional 2000 CD that came with my computer. I am in a job search and need access to my contacts, calendar, important saved emails, etc. Can anyone help? Regards, John You may have a corrupted outcmd.dat file. This is the file that stores your toolbar customizations, and when it becomes corrupted, Outlook can't use it at startup to build your toolbars, thus cau...

MS Office programs won't launch or open
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Hi, I have been running MS office programs for a few years. Now for some reason they won't open or launch. Every time I try to open a program the icon bounces on the dock but the program won't launch. I tried to uninstall the program with the CD that came with it and I have the same problem. It looks like the program will open - but then nothing happens. I have the current version of the MS Office 11.5.0. I have tried to reinstall the update and again, it just moves around on the dock, but won't open. I see he...

date track based on svc cond.
Hello, I'm looking to track material out for repair by the type of service requested. In cell (G:2) will be the type of service: BCK = bench check = this will have a projected return date (I:2)within three days of the repair order date (H:2) REP = repaired = This will have a projected return date (I:2) within 7 days of the repair order date (H:2) OVH = overhaule = this will have a projected return date (I:2) within 14 days of the repair order date. With all this I would also like to include the warranty schedule from the date of the service reurn date(J2) BCK= no warranty REP= 90...

unable to send to one domain, telnet to and get 550 5.7.1 unable to relay for when i do RCPT TO:
I have no problems sending out anywhere but this one domain. Running SBS 2003 w/ Exchange 2003. users have gotton it back with The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but did not report a specific reason. Check the address and try again. If it still fails, contact your system administrator. <mydomain.com #4.0.0 smtp;451 Please try again> and There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <mydomain.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 Contains .gif file (blacklisted)> I t...

Outlook freezes when trying to attach files
My organisation is using Outlook 2k connecting to an Exchange 5.5 server. Outlook randomly freezes when attaching files to emails, regardless of file size. I highly doubt it's an idividual problem since it can occur today and not tomorrow. Any ideas? ...

CRM 3.0 Pro on a member server within a SBS2003 environment. supported? works?
can CRM3.0 Pro (not SBE) be installed on a SBS2003 environment on a member server (not the SBE server)? Yes, I've had that setup for some time with no issues... "IGA" wrote: > can CRM3.0 Pro (not SBE) be installed on a SBS2003 environment on a > member server (not the SBE server)? > > But is it supported by Microsoft. "James Sanford" wrote: > Yes, I've had that setup for some time with no issues... > > "IGA" wrote: > > > can CRM3.0 Pro (not SBE) be installed on a SBS2003 environment on a > > member server (n...

Outlook not sending .doc attachments to OE users
Using OfficeXP, if I attach a Word document (.doc) to the email, only other users off MS Outlook will receive it, but the users of Outlook Express users will not. Now here is the kicker. If I send the email to another MS Outlook user and they forward the message with the attachment, the Outlook Express users will receive the attachments. I even had the email server checked and they say that it shows that the attachments were sent to the Outlook Express users. Any ideas? Is it a Outlook issue or a Outlook Express issue? I think it is a OE issue but any help would be appreciated. Steve...

Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server.
What should I do when this error message appears? ((Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp' , Protocol: HTTPMail, Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x80042007)) ...

Duplication of Production CRM Install to Test environment
I was wondering if anyone had duplicated a Production CRM Install to a test environment to verify a 1.0 to 1.2 upgrade. We have to minimize down time and want to do a rehersal before we do it live (we have some customizations that may cause problems). I have not seen any procedures/recommendations that address this. Any recommendations? Thanks for the help in advance. We have used VMware in the past to do test/production environments. Bill >-----Original Message----- >I was wondering if anyone had duplicated a Production CRM >Install to a test environment to verify a 1....

Automatically print email attachments
Does anyone know a way to make Outlook print the attachments to an email when it is received? -- 525047 See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/printarrival.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Do you sync your mailbox with a smartphone or pda? http://forums.sl...

Word Attachment generates error from paint??
Help, One of my teachers clicks on a .doc attachment in Outlook 2k, and gets the following error: Paint cannot read this file. This is not a valid bitmap file, or its format is not currently supported. Windows XP Pro is the OS. HELP! The icon on the attachment is for a word document, so why is paint tyring to get in the process?? Steve In news:1126886531.056414.95120@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, w5en@cox.net <w5en@cox.net> typed: > Help, > One of my teachers clicks on a .doc attachment in Outlook 2k, and gets > the following error: Paint cannot read this file. This i...

Macro warning (upon opening)
How do you get rid to the macro warning? I have deleted all macros in the file and saved changes. When I reopen the file, the message still pops up. When I go to the macro section, there are no macros to select. There are not any in my personal workbook, or current open workbook. Is this an issue of, once a macro is attached the warning message is permanent? Separate question: Where is the code to execute the macro with a shortcut? I see the option when creating, but have not found any code to carry out the command. Richard You have workbook modules, sheet modules, and regula...

open attachment
Im using an IMAP account. When I have an attachment open, and then change emails in outlook to view another email, Outlook decides to create a second copy of the email with the open attachment, and "mark for deletion" the first email. In doing to Outlook locks up as the copy is created and uploaded to my IMAP server. Does anyone know how to stop it doing this? Im using Outlook 2003. Many thanks!! G. Don't open an email from within outlook - save it to the hard drive first. Or get in the habit of closing the attachment before changing messages. Also, make sure you have all ...

opening email attachment
help!! i was sent a email attachment in another version of publisher I have done every thing to get it open....still cant get it open I have publisher 2000 on xp.. please help The file is probably 2002 or 2003. You should contact the person who sent you the file and ask them to save it as a Pub 2000 file. If you don't have to edit this file, tell them to convert it to a .pdf file and send you that. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "darlin me" <darlin me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6342D674-0DCE-4420-AC1B-521D0CA8917C@microsoft.com......

Unable to read all mail
After opening Windows Live Mail, mails are downloaded. Status bar at bottom might read for example: "4 new messages." Yet I can only view one mail. Where are the other three and how can I retrieve them? can you access your "Inbox"? listed to the left of the main email window. -- Venice Beach Are you viewing in the email account folder or a folder in Quick Views ? Ensure WLM is configured to show all messages(WLM menu/View/Show or = Hide/Show all..) - if the menu is not visible press 'Alt' Also look in the Junk Mail folder. Note: WLM i...

POP Client unable to downlaod mails
Hi All! I am using Exchange 2003 on SBS 2003 premium. On Exchange I have configured secure POP & SMTP access. It was working fine but now few clients are unable to downlaod mail through POP client soft, while they can send mail through POP client soft. Wondering whether this can be result of any update or there is any other problem. Waiting for your responce. In news:E6876B6D-C1F3-4F6E-9C1E-15F095B5E3CC@microsoft.com, Absar <Absar@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi All! > > I am using Exchange 2003 on SBS 2003 premium. On Exchange I have > configured secure ...

The Way Attachments Appear in E-Mail
I hope I can describe this clearly I use Outlook XP and receive all my attachments from mails that are sent to me "just under the subject line". This means that if I receive say 10 attachments as part of the one e-mail, to open them all up I have to double click on each attachment. Previously my attachments appeared at the bottom of the screen and I could open, say the 10 attached files by highlighting them all via CTRL / SHIFT and hitting return. But I can't now, can ayone help? Thanks "John" <johndoconnor@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:u_3mc.6760$qP2...

I need direction to map our company's system environment.
We are a company of 225 employees using numerous software programs. We have an intranet with numerous applications, too. I am taking on the project to map the system environment, and I am looking for ideas, suggestions and general help. I have chosen to use Visio to do this. One idea would be to make a Network diagram showing the computers for everyone (or for a department). You could put rectangles next to the computers listing software installed or used. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "...

Single Instance of Outlook 2002 Open
Is there a way to restrict how many instances of Outlook can be running simultaneously? I would like to allow only one instance of the program to be open. I didn't think you could open up more than one instance of OL2002. It sure won't let me open up more than one at a time. If I try to launch it again, it merely opens up the existing Outlook window. Larry Williams wrote: > Is there a way to restrict how many instances of Outlook > can be running simultaneously? I would like to allow only > one instance of the program to be open. ...