Unable to locate mailbox

In running the mailbox resource wizard for a 5.5 to 2003 migration I came
across a problem I'm not sure how to resolve.  The error generated is
related to no primary account assigned to the mailbox.  The problem I'm
having is that I can't find some of the mailboxes.  I looked in the
directory, in recipients (also hidden) and under the servers mailbox
resources.  I suspect they may have been hosted on a server that someone
previously shut off and removed from service without moving mailboxes off
first.  Any ideas on how to locate the mailbox and/or delete it from
Exchange 5.5?

0
Jim.Geith (11)

I did find under server/mailbox resources to change the view-columns to add
full directory name.  Any other methods?  Header.exe?  I don't see an
attribute for it there though.

0
Jim.Geith (11)

User unable to Scroll List in GP
We've encountered an issue where someone is unable to scroll w/ the mouse-wheel from within GP. They are able to scroll in any other app fine, and during the login process they can scroll to select a company. However when they try to scroll in the app nothing happens. They are forced to continually hit the up/down keys or click on the arrows. I tried moving the mouse (USB), reinstalling the mouse drivers and even a patch for the mouse, all with no change. I logged in as an admin on the box but got the same result. I logged into the app w/ an account that has full rights but ...

unable to access sales transaction screen
While trying to access the sales transaction screen, I'm getting the error stating "You previous transaction-level posting session has not finished processing. Please allow time for it to finish. If you believe it has failed, log out of Great Plains and log back in to recover transactions". I tried logging out and logging in several times. But it didn't work. I also tried clearing SY00800, SY00801, dex_lock and dex_session tables. Still unable to access the sales transaction screen. Can I please know how to solve this? Thanks. There is a KB on this: All users shou...

Unable to access folders after changing mail server
Hi, I am using MS outlook 2003(win xp) with lotus notes connector to access my office mails. Everything was working properly untill I changed my mail server to a new one. The nsf file was also copied to the new domino server. But after this my outlook stopped working. It shows below message while trying to access inbox. "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook, Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists." I deleted and recreated my outlook profile,but the problem still...

how to reconfigure crm sql server location
my crm deployment manager is not working and i need to point the crm system from databaseA on serverA to databaseB on serverB so all i need to do is change the location of the database from one server to another server How can i achieve this? Thanks! Hi AZ! AZ wrote: > my crm deployment manager is not working and i need to point the crm > system from databaseA on serverA to databaseB on serverB so all i > need to do is change the location of the database from one server to > another server Please avoid multiposts. I checked with RegMon what the deployment manager actually ...

Mailbox Manager considerations to delete?
I want to know if the 3 mailbox manager dates that by default are used to delete messages can be change and how much it cost if a patch in necessary for that. thanks, Jay ...

notify myself when single mailbox reaches a size.
I would like to set up this particular mailbox to notify myself when it reaches a specified size. I have read about setting up a recipient policy and using mailbox manager settings to do this. However, my boss already has it setup so that he receives notification weekly for a particular process. I would like just this notification to come to my inbox and not his, while he gets the other notifications he already has setup. Thanks for any help in advance. No native way, perhaps a WMI event subscription. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ------------...

Moving Severla Mailboxes to one target
Hi, from time to time I need to move several mailboxes from different sources to a common target. (E2K3 to E2K3 in native mode). I would like to use a tool (GUI) where I could simply select the affected mailboxes from the GAL and then right clicking as usual to move. Is anyone aware of a tool that does this task ? -- PIBCAK - Problem is between Chair and Keyboard! If this is from the same AD\Exchange infrastructure: Using, Active Directory Users & Computers Highlight users, right click & select "exchange tasks" in new window select move mailbox task, next etc.... ...

Unable to re-install Money Deluxe 2004
I recently had to reformat my hard drive. My version of Money 2004 was a downloaded trial which I later purchased. After re-installing MM2004 I could not access the program because it "appeared" that the trial period had expired. I checked the email that was sent after the purchase and it only provided an Activation Code. I called Microsoft who after an hour admitted defeat and nformed me that the would send me a "real" installable version CD with a product key. Does anyone know of another way around this until I get this CD in the mail? Fraid not. You have just f...

Unable to mount mailboxstore E2003S
Hi all, I'm unable to mount my mailbox store on a server running W2K with SP4 running E2K3 with SP3 installed. The problem ocurred when i was running E2K, but meanwhile i upgrade it to E2K3, but the routing engine wasn’t installed..... I also created the dword key "Database Size Limit in Gb" with 75 Gb. Everytime i try to mount the mailbox, i get the event id:1112 that the "Mailbox Store as reached the maximum allowed size". I'm desperate now..... any brilliant ideas???? Thak you all very much, Filipa Gaudêncio Filipa, I would assume that since you h...

Mailbox authentication problem!! Please HELP!!!
Windows 2000 Server with Exchange 2000. I have a user that has lost the ability to connect to the exchange server through outlook. I can reconfigure the mail support and the user shows up properly when you check the name. The user can login to the domain properly, but the message pops up wanting proper authentication when for the exchange. I can put in the proper username and password, but only the local folders will open up. I have reset the user account through Active Directory, but with no luck. Through exchange I can see the users box with the folder size and number of emails. ...

How do i get a map of uk to edit with locations in visio
Hi, i want to create a map of the uk with locations of all of my depots shown on it. Where can i get a map from to import to visio so that i can do this? Just got a UK map in WMF, EMF, SVG, DXF format (Versamap software could help). Insert it in you drawing "Insert=>Image=>From file..." Select the map and ungroup to have native visio object. Enjoy with Visio "alittleone" <alittleone@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de news:7E1AF6C2-06DA-4236-877A-A97D523A66AE@microsoft.com... > Hi, i want to create a map of the uk with locations of ...

Exchange 2003 Mailbox Manager skipping mailbox
Hi, We had migrated 800 mailboxes from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 for our site (Site A). Our Exchange 5.5 servers are still around and there are still other Exchange 5.5 sites within the Org; therefore we are still in mixed mode. We have enabled Mailbox Manager settings on the Recipient Policy for Site A. The Mailbox Manger works pretty well for a week but for the past 3 days, it did not. Instead of processing all the 800 mailboxes, it only processed 45, 122 and 5 mailboxes for the last 3 days respectively. I tries manually runing the mailbox manager but still no luck. I enable...

Copying a users mailbox to another user
We believe there is a user that is using email inapporpriately. Can we copy everything in there mailbox to another user account. We did add the function where all emails incoming and outgoing go to an account but we need emails back at the first of the year and we just started this. We are running win2000 with exchange 2000. If the mails have not been deleted and are still in the mailbox, you can use Exmerge to make a copy of the mailbox. "Andre" <Andre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA1C74BC-79BF-4283-AD73-85A6FC1459E2@microsoft.com... > We beli...

Moving 5.5 mailboxes from one server to another
Can any kind person out there tell me a quick way to move mailboxes? I can only do it one at a time, I think, is that correct? TIA Steve You can hold down the shift key and select multiple mailboxes to move to the second server. For reference here is an article on best practices when moving mailboxes between servers. The thing to pay special note to is the number of transaction logs created during the move. Be sure you have disk space to accomodate this or per the article you would want to TEMPORARILY enable circular logging during the move. After the move you will want to disable this...

Scripting Resource Mailbox Permissions
Has anyone ever scripted the permissioning for delegates to specific folders users have rights to in Exchange 200X? What I'm looking to do is create a script that will autocreate mailbox enabled Resource accounts in Active Directory. The next step would be specify the mailbox as a Resource account, then to ACL the folders within the mailbox, i.e. Calendar, etc. The part I'm lost in is the ability to script the folder level ACLs in a user mailbox for Exchange. Has this been done before or am I stuck having to manually ACL each folder? Thanks, Chris ...

unable to paste from clipboard
I am trying to copy a range as a picture from excel and paste that into a picturebox on a form. The code I am using to copy is Globals.Profiles.Range("ProfileChart").CopyPicture(Excel.XlPictureAppearance.xlScreen, Excel.XlCopyPictureFormat.xlPicture) to paste the chart into a picturebox I first tried Me.PictureBox1.Image = Clipboard.GetImage That did not work and then I tried Me.PictureBox1.Image = DirectCast(Clipboard.GetDataObject().GetData(DataFormats.Bitmap, False), Bitmap) that did not work either. I can paste the bitmap into any other application like word, excel or o...

Mailboxes in Croatian
After migrating mailboxes from one Exchange server to another, all foders in migrated mailboxes are now in Croatian language. On the old server migrated mailboxes were on English, and when a new mailbox is created on the new server, folders are also in English. So, the problem occurs only when migrating mailbox from old server to new. Is it possible to revert folders in migrated mailboxes to English? Solved. I started Outlook on client machines with /resetfoldernames switch. "mc" <no@e.mail> wrote in message news:c8s784$f17$1@garrison.globalnet.hr... > After migr...

AD_UserAccount/Mailbox hiding from GAL
Hello folks, is it possible to hide the Active Directory User Account/Mailbox from the Exchange 2003 Global Address List, like I used to do in Exchange 5.5? I have disabled an user account but his name still shows up in GAL. Regards. User's properties | Exchange Advanced | Hide from Exchange address lists. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Cody" <none> wrote in message news:%23b060gv3FHA.3244@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello folks, is it possible to hide the Active Directory User &...

Mailbox Password Access
The two users of my computer have separate Outlook mailboxes. Until yesterday, when you open Outlook you get a box with the two user names in it and a place to enter the password for the selected name. Putting in the correct password and clicking ok takes you into that person's mailbox. Yesterday I downloaded and installed about 27 patches for Windows XP because of security concerns. That all seemed to go well. However, today when you open Outlook you are immediately taken into whichever of the two mailboxes was open when you last exited the program with no password required. The box with...

Unable to delete or suppress a Mutual Fund
I have a mutual fund that has a zero balance since 2001 yet money keeps reporting on its progress. When I attempt to delete using "delete an investment" it is in the list but grayed out saying I must first close the position.... How doyou "close a position on an investment when it has a zero balance? It also does not show up on my portfolio view. Select "Investing"..."Portfolio"...."work with Investments"..."Choose a specific investment"..."Investment activities"..."new" (transaction) and remove a large numb...

Error at send detail report of Mailbox Management
Hi team!!! I have this error at the moment of send the report of the Mailbox Management: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: Mailbox Management Event ID: 9313 Date: 13/11/2005 Time: 0:39:12 User: N/A Computer: Server Name Description: Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager failed to send the following message: Subject: The Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager on Server Name completed processing successfully. Recipient: abc@domain.com Error: c1050000 For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microso...

PST cannot be located
I am uswing OL 2003. I had an archive file open in outlook list of folders on left side of OL window. I deleted the underlying pst file. Now I cannot "close" the folder in OL because it cannot file the file to close and get rid of the icon. What can I do to get rid of the old and useless icon in the OL window? -- Larry in ABQ If you can't remove the data file entry via the mail applet in the control panel (remember Outlook is closed when trying this), you would have to create a new mail profile and then delete the old one. Don't try copying the existin...

"unable to create this stationery"
After starting-up Windows Live Mail (v. 14), the first time I try "New" to create a new e-mail the system displays an error-box "Unable to create this stationery." I click OK. The system provides a "New Message" template without my signature. I close it. I again click "New." This time (and onward) I get what I want - (a) no error-box and (b) a template with my signature. What can I (or Microsoft) do so that (for the first use of "New" after start-up) I get what I want, namely (a) and (b)? afaik.not possible...if one configur...

Unable to connect to SMTP server for outgoing emails
I have WLM installed on my laptop with Win 7 and have 3 email accounts that I use 1 n earthlink and 2 on my local ISP. I receive email from all 3 (using POP3) but am unable to connect to the SMTP servers to send on any of the accounts. I get the following error: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test' Server: 'smtp.skyvalleynetwork.com' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): No Socket Error: 10060 Only the server will be different for my earthlink account. Any idea what is wrong. I have verified the...

one mailbox sending NDR, but message is being delivered
Clever People! Any chance you can help me on this, I have an XCHG2k3 Server with 5 mailboxes, all connect to POP3. One of the exchange mailboxes is sending a mailbox unknown (5.1.1) error to the sender, but is still delivering the message to the client inbox. This occurs for internal and external sources. The NDR is as follows: ********************* Reporting-MTA: dns;company.ltd.uk Received-From-MTA: dns;company.ltd.uk Arrival-Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 13:03:42 +0000 Final-Recipient: rfc822;firstname.surname@COMPANY.LTD.UK Action: failed Status: 5.1.1 ********************** Any ideas? Kat ...