Unable to install SP2 for Exchange server 2003

Hi,

when I try to install SP2 for Exchange server 2003 an error message pops up
saying: "....An earlier version of the Exchange Intelligent Message Filter
has been detected on this system and this earlier version must be uninstalled
before applying Service Pack 2."

but when I go to Add/Remove programs in the control panel I could not find
any earlier version of the Exchange Intelligent Message Filter installed.

Can anyone please help me solving this problem ?

thanks
0
KUMAIL (11)

Install IMF version 1 and then de-install it again

"KUMAIL" <KUMAIL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> when I try to install SP2 for Exchange server 2003 an error message pops
> up
> saying: "....An earlier version of the Exchange Intelligent Message Filter
> has been detected on this system and this earlier version must be
> uninstalled
> before applying Service Pack 2."
>
> but when I go to Add/Remove programs in the control panel I could not find
> any earlier version of the Exchange Intelligent Message Filter installed.
>

> Can anyone please help me solving this problem ?
>
> thanks

0
SeanL

Exchange 2007 and Antivirus
Hi! I'm running a small server wich is a x64 machine, with W2K3 R2 and Exchange Server 2007 installed. Since it's for a small and medium business, my client a bit tight on budget. What are the most suitable (and affordable) Antivirus solutions (no Anti Spam feature required) available on the market? (beware: it's a 64 bits machine) Help appreciated. Nicolas Hi Nick, Most of the antivirus do support 64 bit. What we will suggest, why not you look into Microsoft Forefront? Cheers "Nicolas Macarez" wrote: > Hi! > I'm running a small server wich is a x64 mac...

install ADUC
How can I install Exchange 2003 ADUC on a desktop without installing ESM Try running adminpak. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c16ae515-c8f4-47ef-a1e4-a8dcbacff8e3&displaylang=en -- Sincerely, D�j� Ak�m�l�f�, MCSE MCSA MCP+I MVP - Directory Services www.readymaids.com - got SPAM problems? www.akomolafe.com Do you now realize that Today is the Tomorrow you were worried about Yesterday? -anon "Kris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:175ac01c448ef$1ec18880$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How can I install Exchange 2003 ADUC on ...

Right Click to Autofill cells in 2003
Hello All, In 97 to 2002 it was possible to right click when using Autofill to copy the cells down rather than continuing the sequence. in 2003 i just get a pretty red line (what purpose does this serve?). Does anyone know if I can get back the old functionality? Many thanks, Danny I have that functionality in Excel 2003 as well, maybe you have installed an add-in? In any case if you hold down ctrl while using the left click copy down it will also copy as opposed to fill a series Regards, peo sjoblom "DannyJ" wrote: > Hello All, > > In 97 to 2002 it was possi...

RSS Feed of Exchange Resource Calendar...
Has anyone heard of, or figured out a way to produce an RSS feed from a resource calendar? We are looking to use this as a feed to our Digital Signage solution. Thank you in advance! Brad -- Bradley Johnson Systems Engineer Parallel Technologies Minneapolis, MN ...

CRM Exchange Router 05-26-06
Hello, I am using CRM 3.0 and installed router services on exchange 2003 machine. During installation of router i had created crm@domain.com user in AD and added to crm mailbox now i want to deploy rule so that router sends incoming mails on support@domain.com to CRM (and creates activity in crm) Can anybody guide me, how can i acheive this? I will appreciate any help :-) thanx & regards, Here you go: 1. Settings >> Business Units >> Queues >> create a Queue with email matching support@domain.com 2. Perform the Microsoft CRM Rule Deployment wizard on the Que...

Outlook 2003/Lotus Notes Issue
Hi All, I have been having this outgoing problem with receiving emails from Lotus Notes. It seems to only be a problem when I got replies from a Lotus Notes system. When I open up the reply, the only think I see in Outlook 2003 is my original message and nothing else. I have tried changing the format to HTML, Rich Text, Text, etc and still get the error. Any ideas? Thanks, FF Are you using Outlook Connector for Domino? "frequent_flyer" <frequent_flyer@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:4044e78c$0$63376$9a6e19ea@news.newshosting.com... > Hi All, > > I have been...

Time/Date stamp in Outlook 2003 msgs.
My friend with 2003 has reported another oddity to me which is that the time & date stamp on her messages seems not to have changed with daylight savings time (i.e. they are 1 hour behind). She says the system clock did automatically change. My question--does Outlook really have anything to do with the time/date stamp or is this just a function of the mail servers involved? TIA. -- ------------------------------------------- Stephen Porter Los Angeles, CA Check calendar options "Stephen Porter" <stp@pobox.com> wrote in message news:MPG.1ae37d24b618934c98969a@m...

Un-installing COM add-ins
I tried to un-install some COM add-ins from an Excel 2007 user's machine via the Excel dialog to do so. It would not allow the COM add-in to be un-installed. Does anyone know where in the registry the load COM add-in entries are stored so that I can manually delete such entries? Thanks, Bob ...

Outlook 2003 CRM Toolbar
When we click "New Record" on the CRM Toolbar and choose "New Contact" it takes us to our Contact form in our old Public Contact datasbase in Exchange. How can I globally change this for all our users so in brings up the CRM Contact form. Thanks. The best way to do this is to customize the ISV config file for the Outlook client and add a new button to do this. The button you are referring to can open the CRM contact web form, but you have to change each individual user's setting to do this. If you want to do this, select the CRM > Options menu. On the Syn...

FrontPage 2003 on windows 7 64 bit
Hi , FrontPage 2003 on Windows 7 , Following Issues 1. SAVE AS… error - not enough memory ( memory is there) 2. Unable to Insert IMAGE From File - FrontPage fades 3.Other sporadic issues - error messages while opening or publishing Tried the below steps : ( it works fine on Windows XP ) ( few of them are from forums) Removed temporary files, removed cmdui.prf, removed *.web Checked in Windows Safe mode removed FrontPage addins Installed latest updates for FrontPage ( Sp3) checked FrontPage server Extensions - they are fine Uninstalled and reinstalled...

Outlook 2003 Font Changes When Replying Plain Text
Outlook 2003 is exhibiting a strange behavior when replying to plain text messages. After clicking the "Reply" button, the message appears in the Arial font. In about two to three minutes, the font suddenly changes to Courier which is the correct font. Why is it taking so long for the font to change? Steve Lockridge steve@websitewarehouse.com ...

Because the Exchange MTA is disabled, the store driver...
I suddenly have a huge problem on my exchange 2003 (running on SBS). Trying to fix the not running Exchange MTA (Bad ideer, is it was ok in the not running state DOH) service I uninstalled the SMTP service, and reinstalled it! The result of that was a smashed Exchange server. Now I can't get it to relay for any of my domains anymore, and everytime someone send an email, the Event log on my server will tell me that It cant deliver the Email because the Exchange MTA service is not running. Could you please help me get it back up and running, or at least give me some clues ...

Sync of .OST to server does not match?
We have multiple users that have this issue: Exchange 5.5 sp4 with Outlook 2002 SP2. When the user select to sync, it completes without errors but then if you compare the messages count for the online folder and the offline folder - they do not match. This is true for folders such as inbox/sent. I have started outlook in offline mode and forced a synchronization - this did not fix it. Also verified that there are no filters set on the sync setup. In one instance, I have deleted the .ost and created a new one. After a while, the message count again does not match. Any suggestions on wher...

Excel Crash

Outlook 2003 -receiving multiple copies of messages
The setup. SBS2003 server, mail comes from ISP "CATCH_ALL pop box) WinXP Pro OutLook 2003 Clients (All fully service packed up) Situation. I send a message from an external source, be it hotmail or home account or even from another company to say 3 people at our company. john@mycomp.com, jim@mycomp.com, fred@mycomp.com. they all get the same message 3 times. If I try this from within the company they only get the message once. Any ideas would be very welcome. Thanx in advance of any help. John R Giddy_uk wrote: > The setup. > SBS2003 server, mail comes from ISP "CATCH_ALL...

Outlook 2003 Suggest Names feature stops working
Hello I've run into a problem with one of our Outlook 2003 installations. On this particular PC (XP SP2), the Suggest Names feature has spontaneously "forgotten" all of the email addresses in it's cache. It's like all of the email addresses are somehow deleted. The feature is still turned on in Tools, Options, Email Options, Adv Email Options. And any email addresses the user puts in after this problem occurs are remembered, but Outlook doesn't remember any from the day before or earlier. The user hasn't been mucking around with his settings, and this has hap...

Exchange 5.5 Backup problem with Arcserve Backup v9
I just installed Arcserve Backup Agent for Exchange on my NT sp6 with exchange 5.5 sp4. The base product was installed on the backup server (win2k) with the tape drive. I scheduled a backup on the backup server, to backup the Exchange 5.5 server. It failed with error message: "Invaild username or password was submitted". I was not prompted for username or password when scheduling the backup job. Any idea will be appreciated. WS wrote: > I just installed Arcserve Backup Agent for Exchange on my NT sp6 with > exchange 5.5 sp4. > The base product was installed on the backu...

Error message creating install package
I am trying create an install package but allways I get error message after pressing OK at the final phase. The message is: "The destination install subfolder name cannot contain any of the following characters: /:*?"<>|+,;=[]" My subfolder's name is Family. Why this message? -- Have a Nice Day! ...

Urgent! Server Error Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes
Hi, This morning, yes before backing up the current customizations... I went in and created a new attribute in the Order Entity called ShippingName. I then mapped from the Contact Entity FullName to this attribute in the Order, updated the order form with this new field, published, tested and it worked. Then I went and check some mapping done last week as there still seemed to be a problem. Turned out it was not correctly mapped, (Address2_Line1 to ShipTo_Line1 should have been Address1_Line1 to ShipTo_Line1) so deleted these mappings and remapped them correctly, then Published. We wa...

Spinning off a division into a new company
Our company recently sold off one of our divisions. My supervisor wants us to take one of our stand-alone Exchange servers, move all the mailboxes from that division from the cluster to the stand-alone server, and then break the network connection between the stand-alone Exchagne server and the rest of the Exchange environment. As a part of this, a similar thing will be done with AD. 2 weeks later, this "child" domain will be migrated into the new company AD/Exchange structure. My question is whether this will work. I would prefer to set up a new domain and just migrate t...

Exchange 2003 MTA pooling
Is it possible to setup Exchange 2003 to perform pooling when sending messages out via X.400? So for example, if I have 4 X.400 connectors with the same address space that go to different external MTAs, can I set the cost to 1 on all the connectors and Exchange will decide which connector to use? What are you connecting to on the remote side - Routing Groups within the same Org or external MTAs to external messaging systems? If it's the former (connecting Routing Groups), no true load-balancing (assume that's what you mean by "pooling") is performed between X.400 Conne...

Exchange 5.5 in AD question
Hello all- Running exch 5.5 sp4 on a windows 2000 server in a NT 4 domain - one site, one server - about 650 mailboxes - 40GB IS - works perfectly. My goals for 07 are: Upgrade domain to AD Upgrade 5.5 to 2000 Upgrade 2000 to 2003 My thought process is that I really would rather do in-place upgrades, and it seems like I can if I follow that patter (I know you can't go in-place from 5.5 to 2000). My question is about the first step. I know that in mixed-mode AD, the exchange 5.5 box will 'think' it's in a legacy NT4 domain. On the weekend that I upgrade the domain t...

Re: Uninstall of Office v.X and install of new licensed program
On 9/15/03 10:10 AM, in article 35c101c37bac$4ae04930$a501280a@phx.gbl, "Ryan Smith" <rsmith@thesportscenter.net> wrote: > I recently purchased new licenses of Office v.X so I could connect my > computers to a network and use Office on multiple computers at the > same time. I attempted to uninstall the version I had before on each of > the multiple computers and install the new seperate versions with a > unique license number on each computer. Now, no matter what > computer I'm on and whether the network is active or not, none of my > programs will i...

Unable to send emails #2
My mail server is not sending out emails. When I perform an NSLookup on the server's IP address I get an UNKNOWN for the server name. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks "TPSchaefer" <TPSchaefer@hotmail.com> wrote: >My mail server is not sending out emails. When I perform an NSLookup on the >server's IP address I get an UNKNOWN for the server name. > >Any ideas would be appreciated. Fix your DNS or your network connection to your DNS. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm I have...

cannot install outlook from outlook express (import stalls)
trying to convert from express but installation fails from start. other office features do function ie excel and word In news:E167009C-F5CD-4D0F-B08B-217C0FFE3E78@microsoft.com, outlook fails to install <outlook fails to install@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > trying to convert from express but installation fails from start. > other office features do function ie excel and word Install and configure Outlook on this computer. Then, launch OE and *export* from there to Outlook.....do not *import*. ...