Unable to display the folder...

Hi!

I just notice that I cannot access my folders on Outlook Public folder when
created a shortcut on my Outlook Today, it just give me this error:

Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the
specified folder location

But when I will directly check the path, it is accesible. I am using MS
Office Outlook 2003 SP2 on Windows XP Pro SP2 thru MS Exchange 2000.

0
mark7619 (80)

I am suddenly having the same problem.  If you find a solution, could you
please post it or, better yet, send it to me.

Thank you

"M P" wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I just notice that I cannot access my folders on Outlook Public folder when
> created a shortcut on my Outlook Today, it just give me this error:
>
> Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the
> specified folder location
>
> But when I will directly check the path, it is accesible. I am using MS
> Office Outlook 2003 SP2 on Windows XP Pro SP2 thru MS Exchange 2000.

0
jpduffy (1)
7/6/2006 5:45:02 PM
jpduffy wrote:
> I am suddenly having the same problem.  If you find a solution, could you
> please post it or, better yet, send it to me.
>
> Thank you
>
> "M P" wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > I just notice that I cannot access my folders on Outlook Public folder when
> > created a shortcut on my Outlook Today, it just give me this error:
> >
> > Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the
> > specified folder location
> >
> > But when I will directly check the path, it is accesible. I am using MS
> > Office Outlook 2003 SP2 on Windows XP Pro SP2 thru MS Exchange 2000.

I have too. (not using Exchange though) One thing that I noticed on my
machine is that in the "address" part of the toolbar, instead of
showing "outlook://\Personal%20Folders\Inbox" it shows
"outlook:/./\Personal%20Folders\Inbox"
Why that period appears between the two right leaning slashes is beyond
me. I've given up on trying to figure it out. (Mail is still reachable
in the "Favorites" area on the left.)

0
dlkereluk (5)
7/7/2006 12:10:35 AM
I have tried searching thru KBs but didn't find any solution. Have you tried
reinstalling Outlook?

"Darren" <dlkereluk@sasktel.net> wrote in message

> jpduffy wrote:
>> I am suddenly having the same problem.  If you find a solution, could you
>> please post it or, better yet, send it to me.
>>
>> Thank you
>>
>> "M P" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi!
>> >
>> > I just notice that I cannot access my folders on Outlook Public folder
>> > when
>> > created a shortcut on my Outlook Today, it just give me this error:
>> >
>> > Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access
>> > the
>> > specified folder location
>> >
>> > But when I will directly check the path, it is accesible. I am using MS
>> > Office Outlook 2003 SP2 on Windows XP Pro SP2 thru MS Exchange 2000.
>
> I have too. (not using Exchange though) One thing that I noticed on my
> machine is that in the "address" part of the toolbar, instead of
> showing "outlook://\Personal%20Folders\Inbox" it shows
> "outlook:/./\Personal%20Folders\Inbox"
> Why that period appears between the two right leaning slashes is beyond
> me. I've given up on trying to figure it out. (Mail is still reachable
> in the "Favorites" area on the left.)

0
mark7619 (80)
7/7/2006 1:11:02 AM
M P wrote:
> I have tried searching thru KBs but didn't find any solution. Have you tried
> reinstalling Outlook?

Oh, many times. First I tried the Detect and Repair a number of times,
along with a complete removal and reinstall of both Outlook and the
Office Suite (I thought that possibly by removing the other apps, it
might end some conflicts between them that caused problems in Outlook.)
I tried search through the Registry in case the "address" that I spoke
of was there somehow, but again, no luck.

Darren.

0
dlkereluk (5)
7/7/2006 5:42:35 PM

"Darren" wrote:

> jpduffy wrote:
> > I am suddenly having the same problem.  If you find a solution, could you
> > please post it or, better yet, send it to me.
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > "M P" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > I just notice that I cannot access my folders on Outlook Public folder when
> > > created a shortcut on my Outlook Today, it just give me this error:
> > >
> > > Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the
> > > specified folder location
> > >
> > > But when I will directly check the path, it is accesible. I am using MS
> > > Office Outlook 2003 SP2 on Windows XP Pro SP2 thru MS Exchange 2000.
>
> I have too. (not using Exchange though) One thing that I noticed on my
> machine is that in the "address" part of the toolbar, instead of
> showing "outlook://\Personal%20Folders\Inbox" it shows
> "outlook:/./\Personal%20Folders\Inbox"
> Why that period appears between the two right leaning slashes is beyond
> me. I've given up on trying to figure it out. (Mail is still reachable
> in the "Favorites" area on the left.)
>
> same here , infact get the same "outlook:/./\Personal%20Folders\Inbox" as you, this problem is also in outllok 2007, am wondering if a microsoft update has done this? tried everything including wiping out my pst file and rebuilding it, still no joy
0
tonytech (4)
7/8/2006 6:04:01 AM
Its one week since we post this issue, I think microsoft is finding some way
on how to resolve this problem (I hope so). Have you tried calling Microsoft
Support? I am planning to call them today to confirm this problem.

"tonytech" <tonytech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "Darren" wrote:
>

>> jpduffy wrote:
>> > I am suddenly having the same problem.  If you find a solution, could
>> > you
>> > please post it or, better yet, send it to me.
>> >
>> > Thank you

>> I have too. (not using Exchange though) One thing that I noticed on my
>> machine is that in the "address" part of the toolbar, instead of
>> showing "outlook://\Personal%20Folders\Inbox" it shows
>> "outlook:/./\Personal%20Folders\Inbox"
>> Why that period appears between the two right leaning slashes is beyond
>> me. I've given up on trying to figure it out. (Mail is still reachable
>> in the "Favorites" area on the left.)
>>
>> same here , infact get the same "outlook:/./\Personal%20Folders\Inbox" as
>> you, this problem is also in outllok 2007, am wondering if a microsoft
>> update has done this? tried everything including wiping out my pst file
>> and rebuilding it, still no joy

0
mark7619 (80)
7/10/2006 1:56:22 AM
Ok, have found a way of fixing this,
you export the contacts, emails, tasks calandar, separately to pst files
then either rename or delete all of outlook data files,(not the exported
ones), including uninstalling it, then reinstall, then import the folders
back in.

i orignally tried to export the whole personal folders, but still had
problems with outlook, so then broke it up into sections. hope this helps

"M P" wrote:

> Its one week since we post this issue, I think microsoft is finding some way
> on how to resolve this problem (I hope so). Have you tried calling Microsoft
> Support? I am planning to call them today to confirm this problem.
>

> "tonytech" <tonytech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> I have too. (not using Exchange though) One thing that I noticed on my
> >> machine is that in the "address" part of the toolbar, instead of
> >> showing "outlook://\Personal%20Folders\Inbox" it shows
> >> "outlook:/./\Personal%20Folders\Inbox"
> >> Why that period appears between the two right leaning slashes is beyond
> >> me. I've given up on trying to figure it out. (Mail is still reachable
> >> in the "Favorites" area on the left.)
> >>
> >> same here , infact get the same "outlook:/./\Personal%20Folders\Inbox" as
> >> you, this problem is also in outllok 2007, am wondering if a microsoft
> >> update has done this? tried everything including wiping out my pst file
> >> and rebuilding it, still no joy

0
tonytech (4)
7/10/2006 6:27:02 AM
and yes, there must be a way easier way of fixing this, then the way i just
outlined in previous post

"M P" wrote:

> Its one week since we post this issue, I think microsoft is finding some way
> on how to resolve this problem (I hope so). Have you tried calling Microsoft
> Support? I am planning to call them today to confirm this problem.
>

> "tonytech" <tonytech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> I have too. (not using Exchange though) One thing that I noticed on my
> >> machine is that in the "address" part of the toolbar, instead of
> >> showing "outlook://\Personal%20Folders\Inbox" it shows
> >> "outlook:/./\Personal%20Folders\Inbox"
> >> Why that period appears between the two right leaning slashes is beyond
> >> me. I've given up on trying to figure it out. (Mail is still reachable
> >> in the "Favorites" area on the left.)
> >>
> >> same here , infact get the same "outlook:/./\Personal%20Folders\Inbox" as
> >> you, this problem is also in outllok 2007, am wondering if a microsoft
> >> update has done this? tried everything including wiping out my pst file
> >> and rebuilding it, still no joy

0
tonytech (4)
7/10/2006 6:28:01 AM
A new mail profile is known to fix a myriad of issues.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, tonytech asked:

| and yes, there must be a way easier way of fixing this, then the way
| i just outlined in previous post
|
| "M P" wrote:
|
|| Its one week since we post this issue, I think microsoft is finding
|| some way on how to resolve this problem (I hope so). Have you tried
|| calling Microsoft Support? I am planning to call them today to
|| confirm this problem.
|| "tonytech" <tonytech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
MillyS (3228)
7/10/2006 6:33:01 AM
well, i am totally exasperated, outlook has given me the same error again ,
was error free for total of 24hrs.

Milly, does it fix this "unable to display the folders" error ?

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> A new mail profile is known to fix a myriad of issues.
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, tonytech asked:
>
> | and yes, there must be a way easier way of fixing this, then the way
> | i just outlined in previous post
> |
> | "M P" wrote:
> |
> || Its one week since we post this issue, I think microsoft is finding
> || some way on how to resolve this problem (I hope so). Have you tried
> || calling Microsoft Support? I am planning to call them today to
> || confirm this problem.
> || "tonytech" <tonytech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
tonytech (4)
7/10/2006 7:52:01 AM
It doesn't help. I've tried creating a new profile but still error occur.
"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
>A new mail profile is known to fix a myriad of issues.
>
> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, tonytech asked:
>
> | and yes, there must be a way easier way of fixing this, then the way
> | i just outlined in previous post
> |
> | "M P" wrote:
> |
> || Its one week since we post this issue, I think microsoft is finding
> || some way on how to resolve this problem (I hope so). Have you tried
> || calling Microsoft Support? I am planning to call them today to
> || confirm this problem.
> || "tonytech" <tonytech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
mark7619 (80)
7/10/2006 8:06:21 AM
M P wrote:
> It doesn't help. I've tried creating a new profile but still error occur.

Like the multitude of my fellow befuddled users whose messages appear
elsewhere in this thread, I have tried that one (profile) too. As I
said "Why that period appears between the two right leaning slashes is
beyond me."

With kind regards,

Darren

0
dlkereluk (5)
7/10/2006 5:26:05 PM
I have tried calling MS product support. I need to pay $11 for this
incident. Cmon! anyone from microsoft can help us on this portal?

> M P wrote:
>> It doesn't help. I've tried creating a new profile but still error occur.

> Like the multitude of my fellow befuddled users whose messages appear
> elsewhere in this thread, I have tried that one (profile) too. As I
> said "Why that period appears between the two right leaning slashes is
> beyond me."
>
> With kind regards,
>
> Darren

0
mark7619 (80)
7/11/2006 6:36:14 AM
Microsoft does not monitor this "portal."  These news groups are
peer-to-peer and an occasional bored Microsoft employee may grace us with
their presence but there is no guarantee.

BTW, $11 is a bargain.  Normal support incidents are $35 for home users and
$250 for corporate users.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, M P asked:

| I have tried calling MS product support. I need to pay $11 for this
| incident. Cmon! anyone from microsoft can help us on this portal?
| "Darren" <dlkereluk@sasktel.net> wrote in message
|| M P wrote:
||| It doesn't help. I've tried creating a new profile but still error
||| occur.
|| Like the multitude of my fellow befuddled users whose messages appear
|| elsewhere in this thread, I have tried that one (profile) too. As I
|| said "Why that period appears between the two right leaning slashes
|| is beyond me."
|| With kind regards,
|| Darren

0
MillyS (3228)
7/12/2006 5:59:19 AM
If you are using Internet Explorer 7 then try uninstalling it and going
back to IE 6.  I was using IE 7 and after I uninstalled it my Outlook
Today folder shortcuts started working again.

Oh yeah. I use IE7 Beta3. I'll try to uninstall this and will let you know
the result.

thanks

<daniel_stacey@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> If you are using Internet Explorer 7 then try uninstalling it and going
> back to IE 6.  I was using IE 7 and after I uninstalled it my Outlook
> Today folder shortcuts started working again.

0
mark7619 (80)
7/14/2006 2:00:30 AM
Exactly! IE7 Beta 3 makes this happen. Any patch that are available?

"M P" <mark@textguru.ph> wrote in message
> Oh yeah. I use IE7 Beta3. I'll try to uninstall this and will let you know
> the result.
>
> thanks
>
> <daniel_stacey@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> If you are using Internet Explorer 7 then try uninstalling it and going
>> back to IE 6.  I was using IE 7 and after I uninstalled it my Outlook
>> Today folder shortcuts started working again.

0
mark7619 (80)
7/15/2006 12:14:12 AM
Yes, uninstall the beta.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, M P asked:

| Exactly! IE7 Beta 3 makes this happen. Any patch that are available?
|
| "M P" <mark@textguru.ph> wrote in message
|| Oh yeah. I use IE7 Beta3. I'll try to uninstall this and will let
|| you know the result.
|| thanks
|| <daniel_stacey@hotmail.com> wrote in message
||| If you are using Internet Explorer 7 then try uninstalling it and
||| going back to IE 6.  I was using IE 7 and after I uninstalled it my
||| Outlook Today folder shortcuts started working again.

0
MillyS (3228)
7/15/2006 5:22:03 PM
"M P" wrote:
> I just notice that I cannot access my folders on Outlook Public folder when
> created a shortcut on my Outlook Today, it just give me this error:
>
> Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the
> specified folder location
>
> But when I will directly check the path, it is accesible. I am using MS
> Office Outlook 2003 SP2 on Windows XP Pro SP2 thru MS Exchange 2000.

According to this KB article:

This is a known problem, fixed by the Office SP3 update.

I haven't had the problem myself, in spite of running IE7 Beta 3.  I would
be curious if the SP3 update fixes the problem for any or all of you, while
still allowing you to use the IE7 Beta 3.
0
Pete9345 (176)
7/30/2006 11:31:02 PM
I am using Outlook 2003. the KB is for Outlook 2002 (XP)
".Pete.." <Pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> "M P" wrote:
>> I just notice that I cannot access my folders on Outlook Public folder
>> when
>> created a shortcut on my Outlook Today, it just give me this error:
>>
>> Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access
>> the
>> specified folder location
>>
>> But when I will directly check the path, it is accesible. I am using MS
>> Office Outlook 2003 SP2 on Windows XP Pro SP2 thru MS Exchange 2000.
>
> According to this KB article:
>
> This is a known problem, fixed by the Office SP3 update.
>
> I haven't had the problem myself, in spite of running IE7 Beta 3.  I would
> be curious if the SP3 update fixes the problem for any or all of you,
> while
> still allowing you to use the IE7 Beta 3.

0
mark7619 (80)

Export folders from Outlook
Hi.. does anyone know how to export mail folders (Inbox subfolders) from Outlook to another installation of Outlook on a different partition? I've managed to transfer my Inbox but none of the folders or the mail within them. Thanks! How are you doing this via Import/Export, if yes as you go through the Wizards and when you select the Folder you should see a checkbox to "include sub folders" "kath" <ksintihakis@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0a2001c34b92$723bb590$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi.. does anyone know how to export mail folders (Inbox > subfold...

Public Folder
hi, I have set up a public folder, however users cannot flag any items other than their own? If i create a sub folder, they can flag any item within that subfolder. Thoughts, comments, suggestions? "gumby" <Drinkingbeer@yourplace.now> wrote: >I have set up a public folder, however users cannot flag any items other >than their own? If i create a sub folder, they can flag any item within that >subfolder. Thoughts, comments, suggestions? What does "flag" mean? -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_f...

Where are permissions set for Mailboxes and Public folders in 5.5?
Exchange 5.5 running on NT4 SP6 We have installed Veritas Backup Exec Remote Agent. Exchange is allowing it to backup everything except the actual Private Mailboxes and Public Folders. I'm being denied access to those two folders. I have tried all 3 logons that are listed as 'Service Account Admins' and no luck. I'm told that "The logon account xxxxxx failed to access server_name\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes." Access is denied. This is an old exchange server set up by my predecessor and I'm not that familiar with it. Is there somewhere that special permiss...

Unable to send more mail to more than 50 recipients at once...
I send a couple of small e-mail newsletters out to subscribers. Last week, I was able to send these e-mails through Outlook 2000, in blocks of up to 500 addresses in the BCC field. This week, when I tried that, the e-mail was never sent and just sat in my Out Box until eventually telling me that there is a limit of 50 recipients per e- mail message. I recently implemented the "critical updates" from MS for Windows XP Pro & Office. The question I have is, why did the allowable number of recipients change overnight, and is there any way to return it to it's previous st...

Event ID 9554/Unable to Update Mailbox SD
I am continuing to get the event below; I referenced Microsoft KB 555433 in which it details how to use ADFind Utility to locate the mailbox in question and update the permissions -- however, there is no account in my domain that matches that GUID. Any ideas? Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9554 Date: 10/6/2005 Time: 8:59:59 AM User: N/A Computer: MY EXCHANGE SERVER Description: Unable to update Mailbox SD in the DS. Mailbox Guid: fe3913d5-a4e0-4c0e-b3b1-291f50d7fc4f. Error Code 0x8004010f For more information, click http://www.microsoft.c...

Display full email address in addition to Nickname
People I don't know send me emails using their nickname "John", etc. I'd like to have be able to see their full email address displayed in my INBOX instead of just their nickname, so I know which emails to delete without opening or having to press options and the email address of the sender. If I add the column "email" nothing happens. Is there a way to do this? ...

Unable to Migrate Exchange 5.5 mail boxes to 2003 with the Migration Wizard
Hi, We are trying to migrate from and NT4 Domain with Exchange 5.5 to 2003/AD with Exchage 2003. We have the AD Domain set up. The NT4 Domain is still in place and on the same network, so our AD domain is similar but different (the "inc" has been dropped from the NetBIOS name). We have 2 Domain Controllers, and a brand new system to run Exchange 2003 on. It is clean, only has the OS and Exchange on it (we have problems when we get the critical updates. It seems linked to the exchange database going belly up, and we can't install exchange in the first place if the updates are ap...

Outlook says: unable to expand the folder
Hi all I have a user that logs on her domain pc as Membership. She do a mailbox for this username named "Membership". She also has her own mailbox opened in outlook named "Illse" which is her name. This one i did add throught Tools > Accounts > Change > Advanced Tab, etc, etc. Now she needs to ba able to see a third mailbox called "Trudy" > If i add this mailbox on exactly the same way and want to open the mailbox in outlook outlook says " unable to expand the folder". Why is it doing this while it opens the second mailbox successful...

class unable to write the memory
Hi I've got a class like this class MyClass{ .... somemethods .... protected: int a; } MyClass::MyClass(){ a = 1; } I call the class constructor in the Doc constructor, like I always do, but this time the constructor is unable to modify the memory With the step by step debug I see the 'a' var set to random value as usual, when the compiler runs the 'a=1;' instruciont, the a variable mantains its random value. How is this possible? > I call the class constructor in the Doc constructor, Are you explicitly calling the constructor or it is being called because...

OL2007+Exchange: Sent items disappear if i move them to another folder...!
I'm seeing a very strange issue with my Outlook2007 (against Exchange)... Sent items disappear if i move them to another folder...! Steps: 1. Send an email. Sent email gets saved under Outlook's default "Mailbox\SentItems" folder. 2. Go to that SentItems folder, and move the mail to another folder (let's say "Foobar") under your inbox. 3. Go to "Foobar", make sure mail is still there. 4. Let Outlook Sync up with Exchange server (or hit "Send and Receive"). 5. You will notice that the mail disappears... ! I did a full text search in my ...

Unable to Open received PO (change to "change order")
Great Plains will not allow me to change this Purchase Order from Received to Change Order: Here is the message I get: However, if I try to enter a quantity cancelled, I get: How can I re-open this Purchase Order so I can change the price??? Thank you. Unfortunately, the pasted messages did not come through. Once a line item is received, you can change its cost only during invoice matching. The process would be to return the item; add a new row with the correct cost; and receive and invoice the new item. Not an elegant solution, for sure. -- Charles Allen, MVP &quo...

OPOS Line Display Service Object
Hi, I am a newbie in OPOS. I am developing a service object for OPOS line display. When trying to use it through the MonroeCS CO control (OPOSLineDisplay.ocx, version OposCCOs-1_11_001), Open gives code 104 (=OPOS_E_NOSERVICE), and get_OpenResult() gives code 305 (=OPOS_OR_BADIF). What these return codes really means ? In Control Programmer's Guide (OLE for Retail POS, Release 1.6) this is said in page 18, item 5: CLIP --> .... (This ensures that the Service Object supports at least the minimum methods of a valid Service Object for the device class, before calling any of its methods...

Moving Folders?
How do I move folders from one account to another? I want to move all my folders from my hotmail account to my Comcast account. How do I move folders from one account to another? Please disregard this post. Posted twice mistakenly... Please respond to the person that replied to your original post about this issue. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Artreid" <artreid44@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uKkBQpxFLHA.1316@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > How do I move folders from one account to another? I want t...

Import contacts from Public Folder into Address List
Hi, we had an Address List that mysteriously disappeared. I have been able to restore its contents into a Public Folder of the same name as it was published as such. Now I have a Public Folder full on contacts but I need to move them back to the Address List which has been recreated but is now empty. Does amyone know how I may go about this? Thanks Simon Sorry, we are running Exchange 2003 Standard. Thanks "Simon" wrote: > Hi, > we had an Address List that mysteriously disappeared. I have been able to > restore its contents into a Public Folder of the same name as i...

when i am in the window to choose a folder to export none are list
I want to export my contacts to an excel file. When I am in the window to choose a folder to export, there are no folders to click on. What version of Outlook are you using? Does anything show in that pane of the Import/Export Wizard? "outlook export files" <outlook export files@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17414043-FCB0-4C02-8ABF-C5288395157F@microsoft.com... >I want to export my contacts to an excel file. When I am in the window to > choose a folder to export, there are no folders to click on. ...

List Box no displaying added choices
I have several drop-down list boxes in a few forms that I am having trouble with. When I originally set up the database, I created the tables and entered a few items to be included in the drop down list in the lookup section of the table (design view). I then created the forms and inserted those fields. I have since added several new choices to the drop-down list of the table, and those new selections are available in the Table, but they are not available in the Form. The only items available in the drop down list on the Form are those choices that were originally there when I set up the fo...

How to display video in Outlook
emails containing video display the video as large blocks of text characters. How do I get Outlook to display video and play its accompanying audio? "lombo" <lombo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4EF6106-000D-4710-81D5-3B6D2A0B19DF@microsoft.com... > emails containing video display the video as large blocks of text > characters. > How do I get Outlook to display video and play its accompanying audio? I suspect you're seeing the raw MIME encoding. This is a sign you have something interfering with Outlook's correct decoding of...

Trying to move messages to folders
When I try to move certain email messages to other folders (manually), suddenly I get this message: "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." Even with the restarts, I still get the error messages. I looked up the error message in the database, but it seems to be listed only in cases where you're forwarding mail, not moving it. I also checked for updates to Outook 2002, but the scan said I was up-to-date. This all happened, by the way, after I installed Service Pack 2. Can anyone help? Thanks so much! ...

save files in FTP folder
Can I save the Outlook files on a FTP folder and have outlook 2003 access those files as defoult? Close Outlook - then cut and paste the outlook.pst file to the location of your choice. Reopen Outlook and when it whines, point it to the location of the saved .pst file. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Wilson <wdgouveia@hotmail.com> asked: | Can I save the Outlook files on a ...

Calendar as a Public Folder
Can someone tell me how to setup a public folder as a Calendar? I have seen it in the past, but do not know how to set it up. John: Please see the microsoft.public.exchange.setup thread titled "setting up shared/public calendar" dated Wednesday, August 18, 2004. Regards, Martin "John Barr" <jbarr@toobrands.com> wrote in message news:219701c48612$84d08d50$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Can someone tell me how to setup a public folder as a > Calendar? I have seen it in the past, but do not know how > to set it up. Hi John, Assuming you have everything setup a...

On opening outlook
Hi When i open outlook it always goes to a particular folder in my inbox (its a sub folder, about 5 levels down). How do i set it to 1. just open and go to the inbox 2. or open to the last folder i had open. thanks in advance Andy C Tools-> Options-> tab Other-> button Advanced Options... Here you can specify your default startup folder. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "AC&q...

Obtain Sub-Folder Names with VBA?
Is it possible to obtain the names of all Sub-Folders for a specific parent Folder? Just 2 levels (1 Parent Folder) and several children folders. We need the names of the sub-folders, not the names of the files in the sub-folders. Thanks for your help. Brad Lookup the Dir Function in the help file, specifically at the example it illustrates exactly how to get a directory listing. You'll see it isn't hard! -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault http://www.cardaconsultants.com/ For Access Tips and Examples: http://www.devhut.net Please rate this post using the...

Cant see Default Public Folders on New 2003 Exchange
Hi We have recently installed a new W2003 Exchange 2003 server into our domain. The domain already had an Exchange 2000 server installed. The default public folders on the Exchange 2000 machine can be seen under ESM and by Outlook clients. We have created an additional new public folder store on the new 2003 server, however, the default Public folders on the new 2003 server cant be seen by mapi clients ie Outlook. Additionally any folder created under the Public Folder tree on the 2003 server under Folders does not appear under the First Storage Group > Public Folder Store > Public Fol...

backing up personal folders (.pst) files for MS outlook
I am trying to back up personal folders on a cd. I burned the files to a CD. When I try to open them in Outlook it tells me the following: "properties for this information service must be defined prior to use" and then "File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file..." I have checked the permissions and I have full control. Any suggestions? Copy the PST files to your hard drive, right-click on them, go to properties, and remove the read-only attribute. William Wheeler wrote: > I am trying to back up personal folders on ...

Cell formatting: displaying lat/long coordinates
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C4366C.F3FDF050 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Rather than formatting a cell to display time in hours and minutes and = seconds, I would like to display latitude and longitude in degrees, = minutes, and seconds. e.g. 43=BA 25' 34" Is this possible in Excel 2000? ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C4366C.F3FDF050 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W...